Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 81179 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 11:55 - Nov 8 with 3733 viewsLoyalitat

It's not good either. With half a season's less experience at this level than Dykes, Elijah Adebayo has managed to virtually reach the same tally in just 77 games. He also cost £1m less than Dykes. Admittedly, his goal scoring form to date for the current season has tailed off. However, his goals to games ratio remains impressive and that's where Dykes needs to be if we have pretentions of remaining in the top 6.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:56 - Nov 8 with 3725 viewsAberystwythR

Lyndon Dykes on 11:17 - Nov 8 by dmm

It'll be Dykes' 100th appearance if he plays tonight and to date he's notched up 26 goals and 8 assists. That's not too bad, is it?

Just over a goal involvement every 3 games, for a player whos main role is to create the space and feed Illy & Willy, thats not bad at all..
Lyndon Dykes on 12:01 - Nov 8 with 3680 viewsQPR_Jim

It'll be Dykes' 100th appearance if he plays tonight and to date he's notched up 26 goals and 8 assists. That's not too bad, is it?

It's not as bad as I thought it would be, at his age and level of experience I don't expect him to get a lot better than that either.
Lyndon Dykes on 12:08 - Nov 8 with 3629 viewsLoyalitat

I would contend that that's Adebayo's function too at Luton as well as scoring goals currently at a better rate to Dykes.
Lyndon Dykes on 13:20 - Nov 8 with 3505 viewsflynnbo

Lyndon Dykes on 12:08 - Nov 8 by Loyalitat

I would contend that that's Adebayo's function too at Luton as well as scoring goals currently at a better rate to Dykes.

Don't get the constant need to knock our own players. We share goals amongst the team which is handy if your main striker gets injured.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-man-urges-beale-not-to-rest-him
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 13:28]
Lyndon Dykes on 14:57 - Nov 8 with 3374 viewsNortholt_Rs

Lyndon Dykes on 13:20 - Nov 8 by flynnbo

Don't get the constant need to knock our own players. We share goals amongst the team which is handy if your main striker gets injured.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-man-urges-beale-not-to-rest-him
[Post edited 8 Nov 2022 13:28]

Dykes had ZERO service on Saturday and still he gets pilloried by our fans (including me on occasion)… He is obviously not the greatest CF in the league but he is the best we have by a mile.

Lyndon Dykes on 15:31 - Nov 8 with 3289 viewsstevec

Better than I imagined, but how many were penalties?
Lyndon Dykes on 15:56 - Nov 8 with 3217 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 15:31 - Nov 8 by stevec

6 were pens
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 17:02 - Nov 8 with 3099 viewsstanistheman

He is not a goalscorer, but does put in a shift.

He has only scored in 3 games this season which overall is quite poor. Yet as said already, he is the best we have at the club which is why we need to get someone else in January. I have noticed that Archer is not getting into Villa's team.
Lyndon Dykes on 17:21 - Nov 8 with 3035 viewsdmm

Lyndon Dykes on 17:02 - Nov 8 by stanistheman

He is not a goalscorer, but does put in a shift.

He has only scored in 3 games this season which overall is quite poor. Yet as said already, he is the best we have at the club which is why we need to get someone else in January. I have noticed that Archer is not getting into Villa's team.

Well to be fair to the man, he's a one in four goalscorer in the Championship, so he is a goalscorer. There are better strikers in this league, but there are certainly worse as well.

That said, I agree we'll need another option and I too am hoping it might be Archer who'd give us something different up front.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:19 - Nov 9 with 2867 viewsNortholt_Rs

Has to score that one last night…. 8 yards out.

Lyndon Dykes on 09:24 - Nov 9 with 2852 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 09:19 - Nov 9 by Northolt_Rs

Not coming to Dykes defence I genuinely can't recall this,

Thought only genuine big miss last night was Chair mis-cuing when 12 yards out and dead centre, otherwise thought Richards, Adomah etc were unfortunate with their chances.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:27 - Nov 9 with 2815 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 09:19 - Nov 9 by Northolt_Rs

That is his failing unfortunately. People keep saying we don't create enough for him, but when we do he fluffs it. Whole- hearted player, just not technically good enough.
Lyndon Dykes on 09:49 - Nov 9 with 2771 viewsRs_Holy

Lyndon Dykes on 09:24 - Nov 9 by ParkRoyalR

Not coming to Dykes defence I genuinely can't recall this,

Thought only genuine big miss last night was Chair mis-cuing when 12 yards out and dead centre, otherwise thought Richards, Adomah etc were unfortunate with their chances.

Very similar to the Chair shank!... I was in the Lower Loft last night and I reckon Lyndon's 'shot' would have gone for a throw if it didn't hit the defender. He puts in a shift every game and is a bit of a handful but I still don't know about him tbh???
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 9:55]
Lyndon Dykes on 09:50 - Nov 9 with 2764 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 09:27 - Nov 9 by Damo1962

That is his failing unfortunately. People keep saying we don't create enough for him, but when we do he fluffs it. Whole- hearted player, just not technically good enough.

Unfortunately not helped by 2 very poor misses earlier in the season, but showed last night as he does for Scotland that he can get on the end of early crosses into the box as supplied by Willock last night,

How he keeps his sanity doing the hokey kokey forward and backwards in and out of the box while he's waiting for a cross from Chair is beyond me,

Love Chairs effort, top top lad, but as a Centre Forward (be it Dykes or Austin) how the hell can you anticipate when Chair is going to release the ball, you can't even make eye contact with him as he plays with his head down when he's travelling with the ball,

Dykes is an average £2m Championship striker who has proven he can be more than that when playing with better players like Willock, Robertson, Tierney, McGregor etc
Lyndon Dykes on 10:00 - Nov 9 with 2721 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 09:50 - Nov 9 by ParkRoyalR

Unfortunately not helped by 2 very poor misses earlier in the season, but showed last night as he does for Scotland that he can get on the end of early crosses into the box as supplied by Willock last night,

How he keeps his sanity doing the hokey kokey forward and backwards in and out of the box while he's waiting for a cross from Chair is beyond me,

Love Chairs effort, top top lad, but as a Centre Forward (be it Dykes or Austin) how the hell can you anticipate when Chair is going to release the ball, you can't even make eye contact with him as he plays with his head down when he's travelling with the ball,

Dykes is an average £2m Championship striker who has proven he can be more than that when playing with better players like Willock, Robertson, Tierney, McGregor etc

Our goalkeeper came up for a one or two corners and won a header in the box.....says a lot really about our CF!!
Lyndon Dykes on 10:07 - Nov 9 with 2691 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:00 - Nov 9 by gazza1

Our goalkeeper came up for a one or two corners and won a header in the box.....says a lot really about our CF!!

One or two corners, how many was it?

Usual insightful analysis Gaz, reckon Mick needs to get you into his stats department with such quality analysis and feedback.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:09 - Nov 9 with 2660 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 10:07 - Nov 9 by ParkRoyalR

One or two corners, how many was it?

Usual insightful analysis Gaz, reckon Mick needs to get you into his stats department with such quality analysis and feedback.

That is what happened, cant remember Dykes winning any header in advanced dangerous positions or from corners....our goalie comes and and wins a header!!!!

How you continue to think that Dykes is not a major issue in the side I will never understand.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:14 - Nov 9 with 2638 viewsCamberleyR

Lyndon Dykes on 15:31 - Nov 8 by stevec

Do penalties not count as goals these days then?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lyndon Dykes on 10:20 - Nov 9 with 2613 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:09 - Nov 9 by gazza1

That is what happened, cant remember Dykes winning any header in advanced dangerous positions or from corners....our goalie comes and and wins a header!!!!

How you continue to think that Dykes is not a major issue in the side I will never understand.

Dykes won plenty of headers in advanced positions, you really should watch the game a little closer, maybe you missed his goal when attacking a rare early cross from the bye-line, which is why Willock is our best attacking player by some distance.

Major issue last night was timid play by our Centre Halves giving Huddersfield something to defend and fight for, which they did, unlike Clarke Salter and Balogun, but heh-ho, let's load up on Dykes again.
Lyndon Dykes on 10:30 - Nov 9 with 2567 viewsgazza1

Lyndon Dykes on 10:20 - Nov 9 by ParkRoyalR

Dykes won plenty of headers in advanced positions, you really should watch the game a little closer, maybe you missed his goal when attacking a rare early cross from the bye-line, which is why Willock is our best attacking player by some distance.

Major issue last night was timid play by our Centre Halves giving Huddersfield something to defend and fight for, which they did, unlike Clarke Salter and Balogun, but heh-ho, let's load up on Dykes again.

I wish he would attack crosses more often, not once or twice in a game!!! I would also like to see him get across or in front of defenders a lot more as well. Not blaming Dykes for the defeat, just that he gives us very little up front but sadly you see it very differently. As I have said before I have played with better CF's.

Two poor goals conceded for sure, I don't blame the CBs for both goals either, think that there were 5 of our players around the H'field player that scored the second gaol..
Lyndon Dykes on 10:50 - Nov 9 with 2507 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 10:30 - Nov 9 by gazza1

I wish he would attack crosses more often, not once or twice in a game!!! I would also like to see him get across or in front of defenders a lot more as well. Not blaming Dykes for the defeat, just that he gives us very little up front but sadly you see it very differently. As I have said before I have played with better CF's.

Two poor goals conceded for sure, I don't blame the CBs for both goals either, think that there were 5 of our players around the H'field player that scored the second gaol..

Gazza, if you've played a decent standard you would know it is impossible to attack crosses when you just don't know when the balls coming in,

Dykes has shown with Scotland, Willock and even Kakay that he can anticipate when the balls coming and attack it, as he did last night.

With Chair (love the lads effort) it is just impossible to anticipate and be it Dykes or Austin you attack the ball, he doesn't cross first time, he turns back out, you have to come back out to get back onside and the opportunity is lost as the defence has reset and you're now going again form a standing start,

How can you not blame the Centre Halves for that 1st goal?

Is it a surprise that our best defensive headerer of the ball in defending set pieces in Dunne's absence has been Dykes?

Yes the same Lyndon Dykes who never wins any headers for QPR and never attacks crosses for Scotland.

Viera has improved Zaha's play and end product off the scale and if Beale is the coach he is lauded to be he needs to correct this flaw in Chairs game so he can become the £10m player some of our fans believe him to be.

Desire, like Dunne has, and the Huddersfield centre halves had, and Beale belatedly recognised last night at HT, is unfortunately just not something you can coach into a player.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:25 - Nov 9 with 2434 viewsgobbles

Lyndon Dykes on 10:50 - Nov 9 by ParkRoyalR

Gazza, if you've played a decent standard you would know it is impossible to attack crosses when you just don't know when the balls coming in,

Dykes has shown with Scotland, Willock and even Kakay that he can anticipate when the balls coming and attack it, as he did last night.

With Chair (love the lads effort) it is just impossible to anticipate and be it Dykes or Austin you attack the ball, he doesn't cross first time, he turns back out, you have to come back out to get back onside and the opportunity is lost as the defence has reset and you're now going again form a standing start,

How can you not blame the Centre Halves for that 1st goal?

Is it a surprise that our best defensive headerer of the ball in defending set pieces in Dunne's absence has been Dykes?

Yes the same Lyndon Dykes who never wins any headers for QPR and never attacks crosses for Scotland.

Viera has improved Zaha's play and end product off the scale and if Beale is the coach he is lauded to be he needs to correct this flaw in Chairs game so he can become the £10m player some of our fans believe him to be.

Desire, like Dunne has, and the Huddersfield centre halves had, and Beale belatedly recognised last night at HT, is unfortunately just not something you can coach into a player.

For the first goal, the guy who won the header ran between Field and Laird. For the second goal (which I still can't believe Dieng's effort to get back), the lack of challenge from Iroegbunam is terrible.
Lyndon Dykes on 11:29 - Nov 9 with 2413 viewsRangers67

Lyndon Dykes on 10:30 - Nov 9 by gazza1

Spot on
Lyndon Dykes on 11:30 - Nov 9 with 2408 viewsParkRoyalR

Lyndon Dykes on 11:25 - Nov 9 by gobbles

For the first goal, the guy who won the header ran between Field and Laird. For the second goal (which I still can't believe Dieng's effort to get back), the lack of challenge from Iroegbunam is terrible.

Agree, but our Centre Halves were static for the 1st goal and didn't even attempt to closedown the goalscorer for the 2nd ball, plus Balogun should have been much tighter for the 2nd goal and rough-housed the player in the way Dunne or their Centre Halves would, instead he felt no contact or pressure, took his time and scored an excellent goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024