Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we a match short going into next saturday. 07:03 - Jul 25 with 5112 viewsswisscottage

When the pre-season friendlies were announced I was thinking that we were going to be undercooked going into the first match of the season, and Saturday's match just re-enforced that.

Do our management team seriously think that a a series of friendlies against non-league and Sunday league quality opposition, and 1 match against a premiership side is adequate preparation

Don't get me wrong , I wasn't expecting an awful lot going into the Palace friendly, but we looked as pedestrian in attack as I've seen us in the last three years and we just look like we needed another higher quality friendly to prepare us for the season.

thoughts?
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 18:54 - Jul 25 with 980 viewsHooping_Mad

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 18:14 - Jul 25 by Rangersw12

Don't get the hate for Recast myself. I watched the Palace and Wealdstone games from laptop to the TV without any issues

First logged into it sometime last year, watched a load of stuff got some points and logged off.

Couldn't get back in, tried tech support who managed to get me into 'an' account but it had no points on it so at that point (excuse the pun) I bolted.

Funny though I'm a network admin by trade and can usually login to 'things' without to much fuss.

Recast though, nope that was beyond me.

Good idea, terrible execution. Bit like a Barbet Free kick

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 18:58 - Jul 25 with 968 viewsBushRanger82

Think we're a couple of strikers short, meself.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 19:00 - Jul 25 with 969 viewskensalriser

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 14:05 - Jul 25 by Wegerles_Stairs

Can't be much worse than we were at their place last season, can we?

Points gained and goals scored, no, goals conceded, yes, considerably.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 19:26 - Jul 25 with 916 viewsfrancisbowles

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 10:15 - Jul 25 by danehoop

I think Clive also touched on a key point that during Covid lockdowns most of the Prem teams couldn't travel and so were looking for friendlies against Championship opposition who preferably played in a manner that they would likely encounter in the Prem. That meant Warballs QPR was in high demand so we ended up with the friendlies that we did. This year that has all changed and you can see that in most Championship clubs preparations. We were actually very lucky to get a good workout against an almost full strength Palace side last week and that will have been really helpful for Beale to see who has/hasnt progressed as he'd like.

Equally as another poster said earlier this week, in many respects the issue on match fitness isnt the same as it was even 5-10 years ago. Most of the squad have retained a much higher level of fitness between the end of the season and pre-season than might have been the case before. So we shouldnt need such a steep/lengthy fitness programme for players given most will already be in a fairly decent shape.

The main challenge for Beale is getting the sessions in with the squad so that his planned ways of working and needs for each player are firmly ingrained ahead of the season starting. In that respect we are probably in as good a shape as we can be at this point.

This is a very accurate analysis of the situation.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 19:59 - Jul 25 with 887 viewsstanistheman

Don't get the hate for Recast myself. I watched the Palace and Wealdstone games from laptop to the TV without any issues

I had issues last season, but have watched the friendlies in Germany and England without any problems.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 20:04 - Jul 25 with 883 viewsfrancisbowles

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 15:35 - Jul 25 by Hooping_Mad

Personally I think the squad will manage the 50pts but probably not all on saturday , the club on the other hand need a kick up the arse imo.

Recast meant that, we haven't seen any of preseason apart from where we've found clips uploaded from Fans as the club never seem in much of a hurry to post highlights. The issue I have with recast isn't so much that it's cr&p and it doesn't work, it's that I cannot believe that this 'arrangement' hasn't cost the club money. Expect to see prices rises to make up for the balls up.

We finished last season struggling to score goals playing in rigid formations that weren't working. We also sacked/didn't renew the manager.

So how do the club try to rally the fans around the new manager? By sticking preseason on Recast !

I would be amazed if we've had £50,000 off of them, but I bet we've lost that in other areas

- Additional/maintaining Season ticket sales? New kit/Shirt Sales? Gaining New Fans? Introducing new players to the fans? Online sales?

Feels like a downward spiral currently, can't shake that feeling that we could do better but club will instead fall-back on making excuses rather than 'do' something.

Just want to see a sodding match, but wish the club would stop treating us like we are idiots.

I may feel differently after seeing a match though, possible withdrawal

Moan over..

I've watched all of preseason on recast with virtually no interruptions and pretty good quality.

We seem to have a supply of new kits for sale, many clubs don't mainly due to issues in China.
Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 20:55 - Jul 25 with 833 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Same as that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Are we a match short going into next saturday. on 21:12 - Jul 25 with 788 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I wouldn't fret too much. In Warbs first season we played four preseason games, lost three of them (including one to Boreham Wood), scored four goals altogether, and looked like a side that had never kicked a ball. Then, we went to Stoke and surprised everyone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024