Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morfa shopping parking fine 19:01 - Apr 11 with 4959 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Evening all I have just received a fixed parking fine of £70.00 or £40.00 if I pay within 14 days. I foolishly arrived late at the stadium for the Birmingham City game and hastily parked in the Morfa car park from 14.40 to 17.38, Group Nexus have now sent me the file. Is this legal? Can I contest this? Or is it just pay up? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Morfa shopping parking fine on 14:13 - Apr 12 with 797 viewscontroversial_jack

Morfa shopping parking fine on 14:01 - Apr 12 by Kilkennyjack

‘There are signs’, not ‘their are signs’ ….

Anyhow having a different opinion to you is almost always a very good thing … 🤣

I can put up a sign in my driveway , saying all implied rights of access have been removed for all except essential deliveries, and anyone who comes onto my property will be subject to a fine. i'm quite entitled to do this, but can It be enforced, I doubt it.
Morfa shopping parking fine on 15:39 - Apr 12 with 765 viewsNotLoyal

Morfa shopping parking fine on 22:25 - Apr 11 by Sirjohnalot

They wouldn’t be on this forum

Or hopefully in a car ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Morfa shopping parking fine on 16:59 - Apr 12 with 723 viewsProfessor

Morfa shopping parking fine on 12:11 - Apr 12 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Well a fine issued by the police or council is obviously different to a supposed breach of contract that nobody has signed for parking in a free car park.

It's a charge not a fine-not a criminal but civil matter -the signs will say that by parking there you agree to the terms of the contract. They tend to be enforced now. Genuinely the best approach is now to pay up.

Much harder to avoid than even a few years back
Morfa shopping parking fine on 18:24 - Apr 12 with 678 viewsSirjohnalot

Morfa shopping parking fine on 16:59 - Apr 12 by Professor

It's a charge not a fine-not a criminal but civil matter -the signs will say that by parking there you agree to the terms of the contract. They tend to be enforced now. Genuinely the best approach is now to pay up.

Much harder to avoid than even a few years back

Like I say my contract law is 25 years out of date, but pretty sure if you park there, you agree to the terms.
Morfa shopping parking fine on 19:16 - Apr 12 with 645 viewscontroversial_jack

A criminal fine can be enforced, i'm not sure how our judiciary allows enforcement of a charge. The charge should be for the next hour parking, not an extortionate fee.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024