Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who does Steve Cook Replace? 15:00 - Dec 29 with 34295 viewsHastings_Hoops

I would imagine that Steve Cook will be joining us on the assumption of first team football - in which case, who does he replace (style of play / positioning) - I must admit to being a bit ignorant on that one.

Also, I assume that this indicates that:

1) Dickie and / or Barbet will definitely be gone by next season.
Or
2) we’re planning ahead and assuming Cook’s experience could be a great help to Dickie and Dunne in settling into the prem.

…most likely hedging our bets each way.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:13 - Jan 5 with 3781 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:03 - Jan 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

How on earth is someone who has played twice for Arsenal on 40k a week?

This is football now. And should always be born in mind when we're assessing how well or badly we're doing, and who we should and shouldn't be signing.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:22 - Jan 5 with 3721 viewsNorthernr

Forest now trying to hijack Besiktas' move for Jed Wallace from Millwall.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:36 - Jan 5 with 3645 viewsTheChef

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 13:38 - Jan 5 by Northernr

On the mentalness of January and the Championship in general, Middlesbrough have agreed to foot Balogun's £40k a week wage and pay a large agent fee to borrow him until May.

We cannot, and absolutely should not, be playing stupid games like that.

I thought Steve Gibson had more sense than that. Or maybe not. Is this their 'Promotion, shit or bust' move?

And on the subject of wing backs clearly that's an area where we need to recruit, but probably the most difficult position to sign quality; unless you have ready made ones coming through the youth system, or you're able to successfully convert wingers or full backs.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:37 - Jan 5 with 3627 viewskensalriser

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:22 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Forest's scouting system seems to be working quite well. No need for your own scouts or bothering with boring stuff like data.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:40 - Jan 5 with 3614 viewskensalriser

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:13 - Jan 5 by Northernr

This is football now. And should always be born in mind when we're assessing how well or badly we're doing, and who we should and shouldn't be signing.

Especially when he turns out to be no more effective than Will Keane.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:43 - Jan 5 with 3596 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:37 - Jan 5 by kensalriser

Forest's scouting system seems to be working quite well. No need for your own scouts or bothering with boring stuff like data.

Transfer window has been open three days. They've already done Djed Spence (there already on loan tbf), Keinan Davis, Steve Cook which they've had to pay over and above what we were offering to get, and now want Jed Wallace who they're going to have to pay over and above what Besiktas are are offering. This is day four.

And all the responses to it online are "it's different now, we've got a CEO that knows what he's doing". That CEO came from Barnsley with a very clear ethos that you do not sign players over 26, you sign only players with sell on value so you can start the Brentford-style churn. Second transfer window, they're forking over big wage to get Steve Cook on a three-year contract at the end of which he'll be 34. The bloke who's actually paid by The Athletic to write sensibly about them is chucking out "why it made sense for Forest to abandon the U26 plan this time..." pieces only for them to go chasing another over 26 the day after.

They're mental. Properly mental.

Maybe one day it'll work for them, they'll fluke a promotion. Maybe this year. And then none of it will matter. But there's not much sign so far. Cook is their 83rd permanent signing since January 2018.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:58 - Jan 5 with 3504 viewsdanehoop

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:22 - Jan 5 by Northernr

According to Nottinghamshire Live "It is thought Forest have switched their attentions to Wallace after hitting a snag in their bid to sign Josh Bowler from Blackpool amid claims the two clubs cannot agree on a valuation for the player."

Never knowingly understood

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:08 - Jan 5 with 3440 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:58 - Jan 5 by danehoop

According to Nottinghamshire Live "It is thought Forest have switched their attentions to Wallace after hitting a snag in their bid to sign Josh Bowler from Blackpool amid claims the two clubs cannot agree on a valuation for the player."

On what planet is that a coherent recruitment strategy? Josh Bowler, 22, resale value coming out the wazoo, academy education as Warbs likes to say, under contract but at a smaller Championship club. Ah no, well, ok then, errrrr Jed Wallace - about to turn 28, coming out of contract but you're going to have to (Bristol City and Wells style) pay both a transfer fee to get him and outbid Besiktas on wages, and he'll be 31/32 when that massive deal expires.

What's this?
It's a litre of Diet Coke.
I sent you out for milk?
Yeh well they didn't have any so...
Login to get fewer ads

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:27 - Jan 5 with 3326 viewsLythamR

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:08 - Jan 5 by Northernr

On what planet is that a coherent recruitment strategy? Josh Bowler, 22, resale value coming out the wazoo, academy education as Warbs likes to say, under contract but at a smaller Championship club. Ah no, well, ok then, errrrr Jed Wallace - about to turn 28, coming out of contract but you're going to have to (Bristol City and Wells style) pay both a transfer fee to get him and outbid Besiktas on wages, and he'll be 31/32 when that massive deal expires.

What's this?
I sent you out for milk?

at least these days we can laugh at the idiocy and snigger, safe in the knowledge that we wont be jumping in the cesspool with both feet.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:40 - Jan 5 with 3261 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:27 - Jan 5 by LythamR

at least these days we can laugh at the idiocy and snigger, safe in the knowledge that we wont be jumping in the cesspool with both feet.

Well I would hope so, but four days into the window I'm already seeing people questioning how well we're doing this season when we're currently fifth with by far and away the lowest budget of any of the clubs around us, saying this season is an enormous opportunity because the Championship is suddenly going to get monumentally more difficult next season for some reason, saying the board should "put up or shut up". And that's on here, which is usually quite a reasonable place. You're going to see the "make a fcking signing" brigade work themselves into a right state on Twitter in the next couple of weeks.

When a five month borrow of an unproven Arsenal kid is costing you £1m plus an agent fee, we're best off not bothering and making do.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:04 - Jan 5 with 3129 viewsenfieldargh

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:08 - Jan 5 by Northernr

What's this?
I sent you out for milk?

To be fair to Forest they only had a squad of 32 before the window opened so they need to bulk it up a bit to get back to normal numbers.

Plenty of room on the 07:15 Mumbai to Nagpur sleeper

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:35 - Jan 5 with 3033 viewsNorthernr

Tomorrow's...

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:46 - Jan 5 with 3000 viewsHarbour

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 16:40 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Well I would hope so, but four days into the window I'm already seeing people questioning how well we're doing this season when we're currently fifth with by far and away the lowest budget of any of the clubs around us, saying this season is an enormous opportunity because the Championship is suddenly going to get monumentally more difficult next season for some reason, saying the board should "put up or shut up". And that's on here, which is usually quite a reasonable place. You're going to see the "make a fcking signing" brigade work themselves into a right state on Twitter in the next couple of weeks.

When a five month borrow of an unproven Arsenal kid is costing you £1m plus an agent fee, we're best off not bothering and making do.

This post has been edited by an administrator

How do they stay clear of FFP?
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:47 - Jan 5 with 2982 viewsNorthernr

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:46 - Jan 5 by Harbour

How do they stay clear of FFP?

Quick withdrawal from the bank of Almeira every now and again.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:48 - Jan 5 with 2968 viewsMick_S

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:35 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Tomorrow's...

They are doing it again. Is it 5hit or bust? Get on the train lads if you can find some space.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 18:07 - Jan 5 with 2872 viewsHarbour

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 17:47 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Quick withdrawal from the bank of Almeira every now and again.

Yes it will catch up with them in the end ala Derby Reading ..hopefully!
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:35 - Jan 5 with 2692 viewsStainrod

If we end this window with exactly the same squad that we went into this window, it will not be a terrible widow.

So endeth the lesson.
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:38 - Jan 5 with 2687 viewsenfieldargh

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 18:07 - Jan 5 by Harbour

Yes it will catch up with them in the end ala Derby Reading ..hopefully!

Cant see them getting auto promotion so its play off at best.

WBA unless they totally disintegrate
Boro looking stronger & stronger
Blackburn look like they will stick around

That leaves at least Huddersfield, Sheff U, Stoke for them to battle it out for 6th spot.

Yes I know there's a team missing

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:47 - Jan 5 with 2660 viewseghamranger

Millwall?
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:17 - Jan 5 with 2549 viewsaston_hoop

Harlee Dean linked this time (to us, not Forest) Assume Warbs knows him from Brentford?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:21 - Jan 5 with 2533 viewstkqpr

Jay DaSilva is out of favour at Brizzle City,, 23 yr old LB, ex Chelsea, on £8500 a week, but third choice at BC. Do a deal for 2??

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/what-is-the-latest-with-jay-dasilvas-situation
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 20:23]
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 22:58 - Jan 5 with 2316 viewsLythamR

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 20:21 - Jan 5 by tkqpr

Jay DaSilva is out of favour at Brizzle City,, 23 yr old LB, ex Chelsea, on £8500 a week, but third choice at BC. Do a deal for 2??

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/what-is-the-latest-with-jay-dasilvas-situation
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 20:23]

oh dear a link to footballleagueworld that festering pile of clickbait crap is this the beginning of the end!!
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 00:18 - Jan 6 with 2196 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 19:38 - Jan 5 by enfieldargh

Cant see them getting auto promotion so its play off at best.

WBA unless they totally disintegrate
Boro looking stronger & stronger
Blackburn look like they will stick around

That leaves at least Huddersfield, Sheff U, Stoke for them to battle it out for 6th spot.

Yes I know there's a team missing

Two things I'd say about Blackburn:
1. Diaz might be off this Jan
2. Under Mowbray they do seem to have a lot of these streaky runs - both winning runs and losing runs. This one has more legs than others, but wouldn't be shocked if it gave way to more mediocre form.

Bare bones.

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 00:34 - Jan 6 with 2166 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 15:43 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Transfer window has been open three days. They've already done Djed Spence (there already on loan tbf), Keinan Davis, Steve Cook which they've had to pay over and above what we were offering to get, and now want Jed Wallace who they're going to have to pay over and above what Besiktas are are offering. This is day four.

And all the responses to it online are "it's different now, we've got a CEO that knows what he's doing". That CEO came from Barnsley with a very clear ethos that you do not sign players over 26, you sign only players with sell on value so you can start the Brentford-style churn. Second transfer window, they're forking over big wage to get Steve Cook on a three-year contract at the end of which he'll be 34. The bloke who's actually paid by The Athletic to write sensibly about them is chucking out "why it made sense for Forest to abandon the U26 plan this time..." pieces only for them to go chasing another over 26 the day after.

They're mental. Properly mental.

Maybe one day it'll work for them, they'll fluke a promotion. Maybe this year. And then none of it will matter. But there's not much sign so far. Cook is their 83rd permanent signing since January 2018.

Look on the bright side Clive you can break out that train picture on the match preview its been almost a year I think I miss it badly
Who does Steve Cook Replace? on 04:50 - Jan 6 with 2035 viewsnix

For every Wolves or Villa for whom it paid off, there's a Derby or Reading, who are paying the price for it. It's a hell of a gamble. I'm not sure how they're not breaking FFP already as they had a £25 million loss a couple of seasons ago.

They looked like they had been a bit more sensible last summer by trimming the squad, but maybe getting within touching distance of the play offs this season has made them tear up that strategy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024