Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Humphreys 19:11 - Sep 2 with 48997 viewsborodale

Dale have offer rejected according to Southend echo!!!!
Stephen Humphreys on 20:00 - Sep 11 with 3635 viewsdeeplishblue

This is not a negative post but I wonder if I recall correctly. Was it humphrys who was subbed off after 20 minutes or so after not challenging his man at a corner.,?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Stephen Humphreys on 20:01 - Sep 11 with 3628 viewsThe_Knightowl

Stephen Humphreys on 19:53 - Sep 11 by 49thseason

There are a few teams going to get a shock if Humphrys and Newby get in amongst them and if Baah and Tavares prove to be the real deal there is an excellent combination of talents up front., most importantly and what has been lacking is pace. The clips of Humphrys running through and past defenders from deep is impressive with Rathbone or Morley to feed him and with Newby following up thess could be the pieces of the jigsaw that have been missing for ages.

The reliance on Henderson, Andrew and Wilbraham was problematic as none had any real pace, even Done no longer has the pace he used to have , suddenly we have bags of it and a highly mobile target to aim at. Happier days to come I hope..... Now if we can just find a left back!

Watching the goals scored against Rotherham. ....indicates the need for pace .....and to run into space with pace ,... and to be unselfish .......
Stephen Humphreys on 20:02 - Sep 11 with 3605 viewsD_Alien

Stephen Humphreys on 20:00 - Sep 11 by deeplishblue

This is not a negative post but I wonder if I recall correctly. Was it humphrys who was subbed off after 20 minutes or so after not challenging his man at a corner.,?

Even if that was correct (i don't recall), one would ask who the manager was at the time and his record with conceding at corners

Humphrys is now more seasoned and BBM has O'Connell to organise the defence alongside McShane

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stephen Humphreys on 20:16 - Sep 11 with 3523 viewsjonahwhereru

Very please with this deal. Wonder if the club have an option for a third year, as a 2 year deal is short.
Not often I would ask BBM to follow the Phil Neville coaching book, but he asked Helen White to do her work between the goalposts and not run everywhere. He played wide for use last time, but with Done, Tavares and Baah there to pull defenders out of position, he could well get 15 plus goals this season in a central role.
Well done all concerned. Hope this restores the faith in those that were wavering.
Stephen Humphreys on 20:47 - Sep 11 with 3354 viewsEllDale

I thought it was Zach Clough who got into trouble for not defending a corner at Scunthorpe?
Stephen Humphreys on 21:17 - Sep 11 with 3170 viewsdingdangblue

Stephen Humphreys on 20:47 - Sep 11 by EllDale

I thought it was Zach Clough who got into trouble for not defending a corner at Scunthorpe?

It was the Tuesday night home game with Wigan. We got battered 1-4 and Humphrys was hooked after only 20 mins. Obviously Hill wasn't happy about something.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stephen Humphrys on 22:56 - Sep 11 with 2834 viewsswindondale

Delighted with this signing. Rarely have I seen a player at League One level so comfortable on either foot. He has scored some real crackers with both left and right feet. He must be a real handful to defend against and a nightmare for goalkeepers to anticipate when the strike on goal is coming.
Hopefully he was registered in time and we get to see him tomorrow. I'm going to try iFollow for the first time, having been really disappointed that as I live in Swindon my "home game" of the season was behind closed doors.
Stephen Humphrys on 23:27 - Sep 11 with 2732 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Stephen Humphrys on 22:56 - Sep 11 by swindondale

Delighted with this signing. Rarely have I seen a player at League One level so comfortable on either foot. He has scored some real crackers with both left and right feet. He must be a real handful to defend against and a nightmare for goalkeepers to anticipate when the strike on goal is coming.
Hopefully he was registered in time and we get to see him tomorrow. I'm going to try iFollow for the first time, having been really disappointed that as I live in Swindon my "home game" of the season was behind closed doors.

He is probably nowhere near match fit or at his full potential so let’s not expect the finished article immediately, let’s give him time to settle and more importantly, like the fact he actually wanted to come here and made that pretty clear.

Just been reading about Steve Whitehall, and this will be a tough one even for TVOS. His goal scoring record is not much behind Hendo and he contributed a lot more. Had he taken all the penalties that I think Mark Stuart took and others, scoring at same ratio, he must have been near Regs record.

Obviously add in Sutton and his subbing of SW, you could argue that given 3 more years and pens, Whitehall would have smashed Regs record.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Humphrys on 23:33 - Sep 11 with 2721 views442Dale

Stephen Humphrys on 23:27 - Sep 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

He is probably nowhere near match fit or at his full potential so let’s not expect the finished article immediately, let’s give him time to settle and more importantly, like the fact he actually wanted to come here and made that pretty clear.

Just been reading about Steve Whitehall, and this will be a tough one even for TVOS. His goal scoring record is not much behind Hendo and he contributed a lot more. Had he taken all the penalties that I think Mark Stuart took and others, scoring at same ratio, he must have been near Regs record.

Obviously add in Sutton and his subbing of SW, you could argue that given 3 more years and pens, Whitehall would have smashed Regs record.

It was only the first two seasons when Whitehall wasn’t on pens - Flounders had them in 91/92, Mark Payne initially in 92/93 with Reid and Flounders having some too. Stuart only took one the year after when Whitehall wasn’t playing.

He was in and out of the side that first campaign, so it’s understandable why he wasn’t taking them

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stephen Humphreys on 00:17 - Sep 12 with 2624 viewssweetcorn

Stephen Humphreys on 18:50 - Sep 11 by Thacks_Rabbits

Personally think this is a very positive move, I would assume at a similar cost to what Henderson wanted for a 2 year deal (including transfer fee, wages, etc.)

The difference is, Humphreys has potential to improve and not only get better here, but at a higher level. Henderson was only going to decrease in ability and value (probably £0 in fairness when he left) so it’s a risk worth taking.

In the later years it seemed to be Henderson football club featuring Rochdale, a bit like dancing homer in the Simpsons.

If I had the choice of Henderson or SH right now, I think the later is going to give us more.

Well done to the board.

Let's be real here.. If humphrys ended up banging in 20 for us this season he would be gone by the end of the year when another club comes calling (and I wouldn't blame him) thus making your more to offer comment meaningless..

Henderson has shown no signs of slowing down and would have probably scored 15-20 goals for us next season as he has for a long time.

We can't look back, but why kid yourself about something? I think most dale fans would choose 3 more years of Henderson than the 2 years of humphrys.

That's not me trying to be disparaging of SH, it's just the reality, Henderson was our captain and talisman, he's left a hole in the squad which is going to be difficult to fill.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 0:20]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stephen Humphreys on 00:29 - Sep 12 with 2605 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Stephen Humphreys on 00:17 - Sep 12 by sweetcorn

Let's be real here.. If humphrys ended up banging in 20 for us this season he would be gone by the end of the year when another club comes calling (and I wouldn't blame him) thus making your more to offer comment meaningless..

Henderson has shown no signs of slowing down and would have probably scored 15-20 goals for us next season as he has for a long time.

We can't look back, but why kid yourself about something? I think most dale fans would choose 3 more years of Henderson than the 2 years of humphrys.

That's not me trying to be disparaging of SH, it's just the reality, Henderson was our captain and talisman, he's left a hole in the squad which is going to be difficult to fill.

Sounds like the hole has been left in your love life rather than the squad sweetcorn.

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Stephen Humphrys on 00:41 - Sep 12 with 2592 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Stephen Humphrys on 23:33 - Sep 11 by 442Dale

It was only the first two seasons when Whitehall wasn’t on pens - Flounders had them in 91/92, Mark Payne initially in 92/93 with Reid and Flounders having some too. Stuart only took one the year after when Whitehall wasn’t playing.

He was in and out of the side that first campaign, so it’s understandable why he wasn’t taking them

Thanks 442. For some reason I seem to recall Stuart getting a fair few pens, but honestly can’t remember many from Whitehall.

Stephen Humphreys on 01:04 - Sep 12 with 2566 viewsfitzochris

Henderson has gone. He asked for more than we could give and was rightly told no. It’s time to stop grieving.

Humphrys wants to be here and so the club made that happen. For me, that’s more than good enough. He has a deal that is appropriate to the unpredictability of the current climate. If things pick up post COVID, then I’m sure it’ll be extended. If he outgrows the club before then, fair enough - everyone will benefit. He’s a class player and will develop with us, as others have done before him. He knows that and so do we.

Just another forward and a left back to check off now and, with a bit of luck with regards to injuries and suspensions, we may just have a good season.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 1:32]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stephen Humphreys on 01:13 - Sep 12 with 2558 viewsAtThePeake

I might be in the minority here, but have to disagree. I'd rather have the 2 years from a 22 year old saleable asset who actually wants to be here than a 35 year old who only wanted to stay if he was offered a deal that could've potentially crippled us financially.

In O'Connell, we have a new talisman and captain and in Humphrys, we have a player with huge potential rather than a player that was undoubtedly reaching the twilight of his career and was only going to regress at the age of 35.

Henderson was one of our best ever players, but he didn't sign the deal that was on the table and so he isn't here anymore. Like you say, we can't look back, so let it go.

Tangled up in blue.

Stephen Humphreys on 06:00 - Sep 12 with 2400 viewsD_Alien

Stephen Humphreys on 01:13 - Sep 12 by AtThePeake

I might be in the minority here, but have to disagree. I'd rather have the 2 years from a 22 year old saleable asset who actually wants to be here than a 35 year old who only wanted to stay if he was offered a deal that could've potentially crippled us financially.

In O'Connell, we have a new talisman and captain and in Humphrys, we have a player with huge potential rather than a player that was undoubtedly reaching the twilight of his career and was only going to regress at the age of 35.

Henderson was one of our best ever players, but he didn't sign the deal that was on the table and so he isn't here anymore. Like you say, we can't look back, so let it go.

I strongly suspect you're not in a minority

If and when possible, i'm looking forward to seeing Newby combine with Humphrys, rather than the same old same old

As Fitz says, we'll need our share of luck with injuries but BBM seems to have a vision for how we go about our business, and Imo it's one which Hendo no longer fitted into, especially personality-wise

[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 12:28]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stephen Humphreys on 08:30 - Sep 12 with 2216 views1907

Here here!

Hendo leaving now gives so many other players the opportunity to take the main stage. Fingers crossed this is the making of some of our younger lads who will then ultimately go on to bigger & better things.

I was actually shocked yesterday that SH is only 22! Makes you realise how young & raw he was last time around.

It is noticeable from the photos yesterday how his physique has changed during his time away & how much more he now looks like a pro footballer.

Going off Baah’s Instagram last night (worth a watch may I add), the players were down in a hotel so I would imagine it is unlikely SH will feature in today’s game. Could be wrong!
Stephen Humphreys on 08:33 - Sep 12 with 2207 viewsrkershaw

Stephen Humphreys on 06:00 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

I strongly suspect you're not in a minority

If and when possible, i'm looking forward to seeing Newby combine with Humphrys, rather than the same old same old

As Fitz says, we'll need our share of luck with injuries but BBM seems to have a vision for how we go about our business, and Imo it's one which Hendo no longer fitted into, especially personality-wise

[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 12:28]

Aforementioned former captain did not want to play for our club, hence his unwillingness to accept the terms of his new contract.......Stephen Humphreys accepted the terms of his contract and wants to play for our club.........hmmmmm????
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 8:35]
Stephen Humphrys on 09:15 - Sep 12 with 2096 viewsmingthemerciless

I always liked Whitehall. I thought he was capable of playing at a higher level but no other higher profiles club seemed interested at the time.
Stephen Humphreys on 09:19 - Sep 12 with 2075 viewsisitme

Stephen Humphreys on 08:33 - Sep 12 by rkershaw

Aforementioned former captain did not want to play for our club, hence his unwillingness to accept the terms of his new contract.......Stephen Humphreys accepted the terms of his contract and wants to play for our club.........hmmmmm????
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 8:35]

It might just be me but outside of his goals I don't think Henderson's overall performances had been that good during the past couple of seasons.

The good thing with Humphreys is that he, hopefully has resale value and offers more of a physical presence and he is quicker. With our aging forwards last season we sorely lacked pace.
Stephen Humphrys on 09:26 - Sep 12 with 2033 viewsboromat

Stephen Humphrys on 00:41 - Sep 12 by Thacks_Rabbits

Thanks 442. For some reason I seem to recall Stuart getting a fair few pens, but honestly can’t remember many from Whitehall.

If my memory is correct, you've probably wiped them from your memory he was very good at hitting the carcraft sign above the goal at the sandy lane end. So probably a bit dangerous to presume he'd of score many with more games on penalty duty 🤣.

However I was also a Whitehall fan. A local legend for me and agree he deserved a shot at a higher level than he did.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stephen Humphreys on 10:01 - Sep 12 with 1925 viewsYouTubeDale

Surely Stephen must be our record signing beating the £150K paid for Paul Connor showing ambition from the BOD. Southend said the accepted fee was "sizeable". At 22 ,we already have a club legend on our hands...

https://mobile.twitter.com/soccersaturday/status/1124743874159812608?lang=en
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 10:45]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Stephen Humphreys on 10:27 - Sep 12 with 1846 viewsNigeriamark

Stephen Humphreys on 10:01 - Sep 12 by YouTubeDale

Surely Stephen must be our record signing beating the £150K paid for Paul Connor showing ambition from the BOD. Southend said the accepted fee was "sizeable". At 22 ,we already have a club legend on our hands...

https://mobile.twitter.com/soccersaturday/status/1124743874159812608?lang=en
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 10:45]

Hard to tell as there is no definition of sizeable & Southend won't want it known if it seems low. If no-one else was chasing him and they were going to lose him next year anyway, we may have got a bargain
Stephen Humphreys on 10:34 - Sep 12 with 1812 viewsdingdangblue

Has anyone from the club said if he can play today?
Or is it top secret.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stephen Humphrys on 11:13 - Sep 12 with 1662 viewsTVOS1907

Whitehall scored 15 penalties and I've got him with 5 missed penalties, although they aren't recorded in any official archives, so they get added as and when I remember or read about them.

Stuart scored 2 penalties. Whitehall was only in the team and on the pitch for one of the games (Chesterfield, FA Cup, November 1993).

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stephen Humphreys on 11:15 - Sep 12 with 1654 viewsscarrow

Yet Henderson was having more and more games when he was a passenger. It's a shame he didn't break the goalscoring record but I was seeing matches last season when he was completely ineffective. Before I'm shouted down, I know Henderson had purple patches where he was brilliant.

Poll: Final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024