Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When Cardiff City won the FA cup 22:30 - Dec 25 with 11895 viewsGaryjack

Post your 'memories' here.

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 22:30 - Dec 26 with 2742 viewsTNT

Once the team disembarked in cardiff, they were met by motor coaches and a band. The Press reported that Keenor (cardiff captain) had said that the team were lucky to have won.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 22:32 - Dec 26 with 2737 viewsDewi1jack

Henry Ford was doing the biz as well

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 22:59 - Dec 26 with 2706 viewsLohengrin

It has to be said mind the Fred Keenor story is an inspirational tale. The path from being so severely wounded on the Somme that his left leg was almost amputated to fighting his way back to fitness and into top flight football then leading his hometown club to victory in the greatest club competition in the world reads like a film script.

He must have been quite a man.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 00:11 - Dec 27 with 2669 viewsTNT

The team got back to Cardiff. One woman found herself on the fringe of the crowd, borrowed a step-ladder from a shop, and installed herself in the centre of the square. Unfortunately the ladder was far too popular, and after rocking under the pressure of eight women it collapsed on to the crowd below, who broke the fall.

They knew how celebrate, tbf.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 12:49 - Dec 27 with 2587 viewssherpajacob

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 22:40 - Dec 25 by Swanjaxs

Remember this well...

Fackin pìssed down for days it did!

https://www.britannica.com/event/Mississippi-River-flood-of-1927

So to clarify, Cardiff win a trophy and its soon followed by floods, famine, a stock market crash, a worldwide depression leading ultimately to the deadliest conflict in human history.

Explain that all you non believers

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 13:12 - Dec 27 with 2570 viewsmonmouth

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 12:49 - Dec 27 by sherpajacob

So to clarify, Cardiff win a trophy and its soon followed by floods, famine, a stock market crash, a worldwide depression leading ultimately to the deadliest conflict in human history.

Explain that all you non believers

It was also followed by f*ck all else for them ever, other than losing over two legs to real madrid, losing an FA cup final, losing a play off final, losing a league cup final, and failing to stay in the premier league for more than the one season the rules insisted they were allowed, and amassing a pathetic 63 points over two seasons.

It's obvious on reflection that God blames them for all the ills that followed their undeserved, flukey, probably bent dickie bow win of a century ago. Surprised the four horsemen of the apocalypse didn't ride on at the end, serving canapés and champagne to crowd. Plus how else do you explain that accent, the laughable head slapping, and Gareth Thomas?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 13:37 - Dec 27 with 2544 viewsChief

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 14:11 - Dec 26 by bennytheblue

To be fair you still do now, just secretly. You lot talk about 1927 more than any folk ive ever known.
It rarely gets a mention when I see other bluebirds, I guess football isn’t that important whereas it’s all you’ve got, I mean had. Still, never been done before and no doubt never again until we rise again. You can keep your noddy cup, foregotten already in less than 10 years never mind 100.😂

When is this 'rise' going to happen then?

2 (relegation) seasons in the top flight in 50odd years doesn't exactly bode well for a glorious future does it really?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 14:52 - Dec 27 with 2518 viewsunion_jack

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 22:59 - Dec 26 by Lohengrin

It has to be said mind the Fred Keenor story is an inspirational tale. The path from being so severely wounded on the Somme that his left leg was almost amputated to fighting his way back to fitness and into top flight football then leading his hometown club to victory in the greatest club competition in the world reads like a film script.

He must have been quite a man.

This.

Read the Wiki page on him it’s a fascinating tale which few of us will ever have to endure. Football rivalries aside, what a man!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 16:32 - Dec 27 with 2482 viewsTimTtam

It's my granddad's 90th birthday next year, and he's my oldest living relative. He wasn't even born when CCFC won their only piece of silverware.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 17:03 - Dec 27 with 2465 viewslonglostjack

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 16:32 - Dec 27 by TimTtam

It's my granddad's 90th birthday next year, and he's my oldest living relative. He wasn't even born when CCFC won their only piece of silverware.

Only piece of silverware? Didn’t they win the European Cup by thrashing Real Madrid ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 18:19 - Dec 27 with 2434 viewsbennytheblue

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 14:52 - Dec 27 by union_jack

This.

Read the Wiki page on him it’s a fascinating tale which few of us will ever have to endure. Football rivalries aside, what a man!

Yet plenty without a brain cell choose to mock the efforts of him because of the club he played for, oh and because it was 90 years ago....forget about wars and the like too because they were ages ago too?
When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 18:34 - Dec 27 with 2421 viewsSwanjaxs

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 18:19 - Dec 27 by bennytheblue

Yet plenty without a brain cell choose to mock the efforts of him because of the club he played for, oh and because it was 90 years ago....forget about wars and the like too because they were ages ago too?

Jesus wept, you really do have a massive chip on your shoulder don't you.

Even someone saying something positive about your club is twisted around to suit your own agenda.

And before you say your only sticking up for your club just remember your constantly on here stirring the shìt.

Take a leaf out of taffpunks book perhaps?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 09:21 - Dec 28 with 2353 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Not many on here would have hear of him so wouldn’t mock. Anyways who’s mocking him crossroadsblue??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 17:57 - Dec 28 with 2288 viewsGaryjack

He's cracked!
When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 18:21 - Dec 28 with 2266 viewsbennytheblue

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 17:57 - Dec 28 by Garyjack

He's cracked!

Oh yeah you got me
When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 18:23 - Dec 28 with 2267 viewspencoedjack

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 14:11 - Dec 26 by bennytheblue

To be fair you still do now, just secretly. You lot talk about 1927 more than any folk ive ever known.
It rarely gets a mention when I see other bluebirds, I guess football isn’t that important whereas it’s all you’ve got, I mean had. Still, never been done before and no doubt never again until we rise again. You can keep your noddy cup, foregotten already in less than 10 years never mind 100.😂

I thought there was a statue of him outside legoland.

If not him, who is the statue of where you made a shrine for the player you have yet to pay for?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 18:24]
When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 18:31 - Dec 28 with 2259 viewsbennytheblue

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 18:23 - Dec 28 by pencoedjack

I thought there was a statue of him outside legoland.

If not him, who is the statue of where you made a shrine for the player you have yet to pay for?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 18:24]

Yeah there is, a man who deserves one don’t you agree penc? What you got outside the rusting slab of concrete?
When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 19:16 - Dec 28 with 2233 viewsDewi1jack

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 16:32 - Dec 27 by TimTtam

This.
My mum was born Feb 1927

And she doesn't remember their win either😂

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 20:56 - Dec 28 with 2191 viewsBrynmill_Jack

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 18:31 - Dec 28 by bennytheblue

Yeah there is, a man who deserves one don’t you agree penc? What you got outside the rusting slab of concrete?

Yeah. That’s what concrete does. It rusts .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 21:03 - Dec 28 with 2185 viewssainthelens

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 20:56 - Dec 28 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah. That’s what concrete does. It rusts .

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 21:22 - Dec 28 with 2163 viewsGaryjack

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 21:03 - Dec 28 by sainthelens

Benny is the epitome of CCFC. He just keeps giving time after time.
When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 21:33 - Dec 28 with 2150 viewsLeonWasGod

You’re a bunch of cruel bar stewards. I find the crowd pictures from their FA Cup win fascinating...

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 21:56 - Dec 29 with 2035 viewshowenjack

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 14:22 - Dec 30 with 1997 viewsdeepdale81

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 14:52 - Dec 27 by union_jack

This.

Fred Keenor had morriston connections ,he married someone from the clydach rd area.
In fact his name is is on a church stone in morriston (the ones when a church is built a stone is placed with their name in the wall.) And I have seen it myself , reluctant to say where exactly for obvious reasons .
When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 16:32 - Dec 30 with 1949 viewsbennytheblue

When Cardiff City won the FA cup on 21:22 - Dec 28 by Garyjack

Benny is the epitome of CCFC. He just keeps giving time after time.

Giving and taking. I’m giving you an insightful education here, whilst taking is what the hedge fund sounds like they are doing. Where has the 180 million since relegation gone? Why no accounts?
Bendover
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024