Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
United!!! 22:09 - Aug 28 with 24534 views442Dale

Hashshshxbxxhnxjsdhjccccn

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

United!!! on 15:19 - Aug 29 with 3150 viewsNigeriamark

United!!! on 09:00 - Aug 29 by heywooddale

Waited years for a tie like this away at one of the big local clubs...........and I'm out of the country on holiday. FFS sods law, the first time i plan a trip in years and it had be the week we get United away in the cup.

I get back from Holiday on The Tuesday evening landing at 7.00 PM. Hope its the Wednesday as even if I went from the airport and got there for the second half I am not sure if they will let me in with the luggage !!!
United!!! on 15:22 - Aug 29 with 3130 viewsSuddenLad

United!!! on 15:19 - Aug 29 by Nigeriamark

I get back from Holiday on The Tuesday evening landing at 7.00 PM. Hope its the Wednesday as even if I went from the airport and got there for the second half I am not sure if they will let me in with the luggage !!!

Tell them your luggage is the deposit for Bury football club. In cash.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

United!!! on 15:25 - Aug 29 with 3106 viewsdingdangblue

United!!! on 15:19 - Aug 29 by Nigeriamark

Man Utd are away to West Ham on the Sunday before so it will be Wednesday.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

United!!! on 16:50 - Aug 29 with 2845 viewsrochedale

United!!! on 13:02 - Aug 29 by Swissdale

Or, maybe they could have a message at the top of the web-page saying something like…

“We really want to get behind the lads as much as possible, so if you’re the type of fan who likes to shout from the top of your lungs, we recommend you choose a ticket in block K”

Then you have that block set up as a separate ticket type on the page that people can choose (much like any other Gig / Event where there are multiple prices for the same event).

Maybe the ticket staff at the ground know about this too and say something similar to the people buying the tickets?

Radical and crazy idea that would take all of 5 minutes to implement - and allow Dale fans to exhibit the behaviour they do at every single other away game (where singers can sit/stand near each other to get chants going). FFS

Great idea. I’d add the following sentence... ‘If you are baritone, please opt for lower seats, tenor, mid section, and soprano upper.

Edit: I have no clue if those voices and sections are actually correct, I hope those ticket girls do, to ensure maximum effect.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 16:55]

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

United!!! on 17:11 - Aug 29 with 2741 viewsSwissdale

United!!! on 16:50 - Aug 29 by rochedale

Great idea. I’d add the following sentence... ‘If you are baritone, please opt for lower seats, tenor, mid section, and soprano upper.

Edit: I have no clue if those voices and sections are actually correct, I hope those ticket girls do, to ensure maximum effect.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 16:55]

Well don’t I feel stupid. Thanks for your hilarious response, it’s clearly a stupid idea that no other clubs would ever even consider…

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/singing-section/

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/september/statement-enhanced-singing-section-to

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-singing-sec

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-stretford-end-cha

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-for-new-singing-section

https://rangers.co.uk/fans/help-faqs/singing-section/

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7323
United!!! on 17:11 - Aug 29 with 2735 viewsdalebolt

Just been having a nosey on the self select section of uniteds ticketing page prices seem to be as follows :

Adults £31-37
U16 £10
65+ £17
16-17 £17

Should have added in the home ends
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 17:12]
United!!! on 17:29 - Aug 29 with 2661 viewsrochedale

United!!! on 17:11 - Aug 29 by Swissdale

Well don’t I feel stupid. Thanks for your hilarious response, it’s clearly a stupid idea that no other clubs would ever even consider…

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/singing-section/

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2018/september/statement-enhanced-singing-section-to

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-singing-sec

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-stretford-end-cha

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/season-tickets-for-new-singing-section

https://rangers.co.uk/fans/help-faqs/singing-section/

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7323

Chill out, I’m only pulling your leg. Just thought it was a bit far fetched for a one off away game. If he happy to be proven wrong and have all singers in one section. Sorry.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

United!!! on 18:39 - Aug 29 with 2522 viewsAncoats_Blue

United!!! on 10:44 - Aug 29 by Swissdale

What a fantastic draw - literally waited my whole life for this!

The only dissapointment of watching Dale previously in games like this has been our inability to really generate any sort of atmosphere, as the true hardcore are generally seperated in and amongst the day-trippers.

I'd really like the club to consider this when sorting the tickets. If say, in our initial allocation, they could seperate a block or two for 'singers', then ask applicants if they want to go in the 'singing section' it would really help everyone's overall experience.

I'm absolutely fine with all the day-trippers turning up, and want the whole town to turn out to support us. But I'd love it if we can get 1,000 people all sitting together, joining in with the chants and giving the lads that extra boost.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 10:45]

I just hope actual dale fans are close to each other. I hate having to sit with some bandwagoner at these sorts of games. Usually some clown slagging off the standard of football or asking a daft question like which team is which. I’d much rather the once a decade fans are kept to their own block or something.
Login to get fewer ads

United!!! on 19:09 - Aug 29 with 2439 viewsArthurDaley

United!!! on 11:42 - Aug 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

I can see a large contigent of Dale support coming over from Ireland for this one.....presume the Barry-Murphy clan will be here in numbers to see their lad at the Theatre?

and with half our players having Oirish connections will be keen not to miss out?

Why not.

Might take er indoors, she's from the Emerald Isle, took her to a Dale game 40 odd years ago, strangely she hasn't been back since.

A large VAT Dave

United!!! on 19:10 - Aug 29 with 2433 viewssoulboy

United!!! on 18:39 - Aug 29 by Ancoats_Blue

I just hope actual dale fans are close to each other. I hate having to sit with some bandwagoner at these sorts of games. Usually some clown slagging off the standard of football or asking a daft question like which team is which. I’d much rather the once a decade fans are kept to their own block or something.

Yes, it was like that we we played there last time and to a lesser extent at Wembley for the play off final and the Spurs replay. The other thing that will do my head in is if the Dale coaches are half full of man ure fans.
United!!! on 08:31 - Aug 30 with 1997 viewsNorthernDale

United!!! on 19:10 - Aug 29 by soulboy

Yes, it was like that we we played there last time and to a lesser extent at Wembley for the play off final and the Spurs replay. The other thing that will do my head in is if the Dale coaches are half full of man ure fans.

Will they put extra trams on from Rochdale or not for that night and crucially will they suddenly to do work on the system and put on a replacement bus service to annoy us?
United!!! on 09:13 - Aug 30 with 1920 viewsCleedale

Haven't read the whole thread but some great excitement building.

Some saying we could be making £750K - £1M from this tie alone?

Not sure of the gate receipts split - is it 45%/45% or less and the rest going to EFL after costs; but surely a lot will depend on Utd's turnout?

Feel sure it'll be massively attended from Rochdale folk. Shouldn't we also be contacting OT so that they can be advertising on their site/TV? and make reminders at any home games that this an excellent opportunity for THEIR club and THEIR supporters to show appreciation for the lower leagues by turning out in numbers.

Especially considering recent events and all the massive press that bury's demise has received, this appears a unique and totally above-board opportunity for Man U to maximise revenue and fill OT.

Well worth an email or 200!
United!!! on 09:32 - Aug 30 with 1869 viewssmaclad1

United!!! on 08:31 - Aug 30 by NorthernDale

Will they put extra trams on from Rochdale or not for that night and crucially will they suddenly to do work on the system and put on a replacement bus service to annoy us?

They don't put extra trams on for United matches so they won't for this. You might get a double tram instead of a single, but that will be your lot.
United!!! on 09:33 - Aug 30 with 1865 viewsseasidedale

According to EFL rules it’s 45% each team after match expenses 10% goes in the pool which is split between all 91 clubs.
United!!! on 09:39 - Aug 30 with 1846 viewssmaclad1

United!!! on 09:13 - Aug 30 by Cleedale

Haven't read the whole thread but some great excitement building.

Some saying we could be making £750K - £1M from this tie alone?

Not sure of the gate receipts split - is it 45%/45% or less and the rest going to EFL after costs; but surely a lot will depend on Utd's turnout?

Feel sure it'll be massively attended from Rochdale folk. Shouldn't we also be contacting OT so that they can be advertising on their site/TV? and make reminders at any home games that this an excellent opportunity for THEIR club and THEIR supporters to show appreciation for the lower leagues by turning out in numbers.

Especially considering recent events and all the massive press that bury's demise has received, this appears a unique and totally above-board opportunity for Man U to maximise revenue and fill OT.

Well worth an email or 200!

Forget about using this match to make a statement about the lower leagues. United fans will turn up as season ticket holders are virtually obliged to buy a ticket, and purchase/attendance is linked to ticketing for European games.

Will the Colchester/Spurs game be used to promote empathy with lower league football? No. Let's not get carried away because bury's circumstances are a bit close to home.

We are Rochdale. We will get enough 'little old Rochdale' and the usual crap that accompanies our occasional moment in the spotlight. This is OUR match, this is maybe our security for a couple of seasons, maybe a significant opportunity for revamp of the stadium - it's not for making pointless gestures that will be forgotten the day after.
United!!! on 09:48 - Aug 30 with 1821 viewsSandyDrum

Last year Utd played Derby in the 3rd round with an attendance of 55,277.

I would imagine you can knock about 5,000 off that total for our game so I reckon it'll be about 50,000.

This is United's pricing structure for this year for the lowest category games (which this probably will be)

Adults - £36 / U16 - £13 / every other age at an average of £25

40,000 full paying adults = £1.4 million
10,000 at an average of £18 = £180,000

Rounded down to £1.5 million, 45% of which is £675,000.

So even if my figures are way off we could still be looking at making half a million out of this.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

United!!! on 10:13 - Aug 30 with 1773 viewsSandyDrum

Game NOT on TV, the below have been picked instead.

Portsmouth v Southampton
MK Dons v Liverpool

Not the worst news really, might add an extra 5000 to the attendance!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

United!!! on 10:19 - Aug 30 with 1749 viewsSuddenLad

United!!! on 10:13 - Aug 30 by SandyDrum

Game NOT on TV, the below have been picked instead.

Portsmouth v Southampton
MK Dons v Liverpool

Not the worst news really, might add an extra 5000 to the attendance!

MUTV will show it to the faithful armchair supporters.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

United!!! on 10:47 - Aug 30 with 1640 views442Dale

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/muticketsandmembership/EDP/Event/Index/4850

It’s Wed 25th looking at that and tickets are on sale for them. Quick look sees a ticket in the Stretford End at £31 for an adult.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

United!!! on 16:46 - Aug 30 with 1391 viewsD_Alien

Anyone else think it's a bit odd that ticket prices for away fans haven't been announced yet?

We were told there'd be information forthcoming yesterday

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

United!!! on 16:50 - Aug 30 with 1361 viewsTVOS1907

United!!! on 16:46 - Aug 30 by D_Alien

Anyone else think it's a bit odd that ticket prices for away fans haven't been announced yet?

We were told there'd be information forthcoming yesterday

No, not at all.

Were we told officially by Dale? Apologies if I've missed that.

I imagine it's a bit of a long drawn out process to decide price and allocation and with the tie only being drawn late on Wednesday night and both clubs having games to focus on this weekend, it seems sensible for something to be forthcoming next week, especially with neither team playing next Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

United!!! on 16:55 - Aug 30 with 1328 viewsD_Alien

United!!! on 16:50 - Aug 30 by TVOS1907

No, not at all.

Were we told officially by Dale? Apologies if I've missed that.

I imagine it's a bit of a long drawn out process to decide price and allocation and with the tie only being drawn late on Wednesday night and both clubs having games to focus on this weekend, it seems sensible for something to be forthcoming next week, especially with neither team playing next Saturday.

Fair enough

I wouldn't have thought it'd have been a complicated issue; more one that a short exchange of information by the relevant parties could've had sorted by now

Daft as it might sound, sometimes i think i exist at a speed that makes the rest of the world appear in slow motion!

United!!! on 16:59 - Aug 30 with 1301 viewsTVOS1907

United!!! on 16:55 - Aug 30 by D_Alien

Fair enough

I wouldn't have thought it'd have been a complicated issue; more one that a short exchange of information by the relevant parties could've had sorted by now

Daft as it might sound, sometimes i think i exist at a speed that makes the rest of the world appear in slow motion!

Ah, I think I've seen you in those cartoons with wily coyote!

The work needed to organise price and allocation is more complicated than you might think, especially in only two working days since the draw.

Like I said, the main focus for both clubs is probably this weekend's games and then something will happen.

Don't forget as well, the tie is over three-and-a-half weeks away.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

United!!! on 17:13 - Aug 30 with 1248 viewsD_Alien

United!!! on 16:59 - Aug 30 by TVOS1907

Ah, I think I've seen you in those cartoons with wily coyote!

The work needed to organise price and allocation is more complicated than you might think, especially in only two working days since the draw.

Like I said, the main focus for both clubs is probably this weekend's games and then something will happen.

Don't forget as well, the tie is over three-and-a-half weeks away.

Beep Beep!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024