Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home 18:49 - Oct 2 with 19876 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 10:35 - Oct 3 with 2071 viewsJames1980

I think the selection of McNulty and Norman was based on a combination of Rovers weren't expected to be a particularly stern test and a loan play needing game time

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 10:44 - Oct 3 with 2042 viewsParkinsGimp

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 20:39 - Oct 2 by rich_dale

Whether it was a red or not, no way Lillis would have made that decision to come out, was unnecessary. We've had most of the play but they've had the best chances. No quality in final third and pedestrian, shambolic play at the back. Lucky to be 0-0 IMO. Might play better with ten. Need Calvin and Cannon on in 2nd half.

Why bring Calvin on? Do you know something we dont? Like does he want to score at last...oh no he can run about like a useless oaf and do feck all , win 1 in 3 headers, then pass them to the opposition and certainly not try every attempt at goal or sneak into goal scoring positions......Sooner that clown is out of this club the better.
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:12 - Oct 3 with 2001 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 07:12 - Oct 3 by Swissdale

Very good team performance in the second half, and a well earned point in the end. Both Lillis and Normal played well, with the latter very unlucky IMO to be sent off. As others have said, Hendo and Hart were good. It seemed we tried to play much more on the ground and down the wings without Andrew and Alby on the pitch, which for 45 minutes allowed us to create numerous chances. Dare I say it? A bit like the Dale of old?

Having said all that, we were very lucky to be in at half time 0-0. Perkins had another poor game and looks to be another one in the Matt Done mould (a former great who’s a shadow of their former self, but will be picking up a sizeable wage). McNulty was poor; I’m not sure Delaney is any better but at least he offer and aerial threat at the other end of the pitch. I’m as baffled as anyone why Cannon and Clough are being kept out of the team.

Anyway, all being fit and proper I’d start the next game as follows...

Lillis

Raff McGahey Delaney Hart
Camps MJW
Clough
Cannon Hendo Inman

I'm getting tired of the lack of appreciation for what Perkins has brought to the team

Sure, he'll play a couple of misplaced passes during the course of a game, and that's what people then comment on, completely ignoring the couple of dozen positive forward passes to feet that provide real momentum from midfield, where before it was lacking

Camps in ahead of him? Seriously? Perkins has got the ball to forward's feet more in the last two games than Camps in the last two seasons

Perkins puts himself on the line, making himself constantly available and never hiding during a game, and players who do that will sometimes find themselves in trouble. Don't let the odd error cloud the fact he provides precisely the kind of ball-on-the-ground momentum you praised at the start of your post. And how do you think that happened? No surprise that Perkins presence has also resulted in Rathbone being freed up to something like his best form either

A successful pass ratio of perhaps 10-1 and people moan about the 1

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:13 - Oct 3 with 1995 viewsdingdangblue

Norman sent off for 'serious foul play' (reckless challenge endangering an opponent) = 3 game ban

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions/clubdiscip

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:17 - Oct 3 with 1987 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:12 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

I'm getting tired of the lack of appreciation for what Perkins has brought to the team

Sure, he'll play a couple of misplaced passes during the course of a game, and that's what people then comment on, completely ignoring the couple of dozen positive forward passes to feet that provide real momentum from midfield, where before it was lacking

Camps in ahead of him? Seriously? Perkins has got the ball to forward's feet more in the last two games than Camps in the last two seasons

Perkins puts himself on the line, making himself constantly available and never hiding during a game, and players who do that will sometimes find themselves in trouble. Don't let the odd error cloud the fact he provides precisely the kind of ball-on-the-ground momentum you praised at the start of your post. And how do you think that happened? No surprise that Perkins presence has also resulted in Rathbone being freed up to something like his best form either

He was like a wasp last night, Stinging the opposition at every opportunity, making a nuisance of himself and getting them rattled at every opportunity. He was tireless in his efforts, won plenty of tackles, made his presence felt and was a real asset to the team effort.

Exactly what he was there to do.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:34 - Oct 3 with 1960 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:12 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

Saturday and last night he made many wayward passes. I’d like to see evidence of his 10-1 success rate. I watched him closely on Saturday to see if your view that he is simply better than the others who fail to share his vision, and therefore fail to anticipate his passes. My view is that he simply misplaced a lot of passes. I do get that he works hard, and adds more than Camps at the moment though.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:38 - Oct 3 with 1946 viewsjudd

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:34 - Oct 3 by rochdaleriddler

Saturday and last night he made many wayward passes. I’d like to see evidence of his 10-1 success rate. I watched him closely on Saturday to see if your view that he is simply better than the others who fail to share his vision, and therefore fail to anticipate his passes. My view is that he simply misplaced a lot of passes. I do get that he works hard, and adds more than Camps at the moment though.

Personally would much prefer to see Cannon in instead of Perkins.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:42 - Oct 3 with 1931 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:13 - Oct 3 by dingdangblue

Norman sent off for 'serious foul play' (reckless challenge endangering an opponent) = 3 game ban

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions/clubdiscip

More to the point, who's 'Jack'?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:47 - Oct 3 with 1915 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:42 - Oct 3 by TVOS1907

More to the point, who's 'Jack'?

Erstwhile kitman?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:54 - Oct 3 with 1895 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:34 - Oct 3 by rochdaleriddler

Maybe you could stop yourself from getting bored at Spotland by doing a count, but it's not just the tippy-tappy stuff to keep the ball moving but the searching passes to feet over 25-30 yards

Perhaps if you were able to appreciate that kind of forward momentum you'd find yourself more engaged during the game, it's good to watch a craftsman at work, and it's the fact he's prepared to take risks that sometimes leads to passes being intercepted

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:58 - Oct 3 with 1870 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:13 - Oct 3 by dingdangblue

It doesn't look all that reckless. Seems as though the lino favoured a red card:

www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11515986/rochdale-0-0-bristol-rovers

Couple of fine saves by Lillis.
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:00 - Oct 3 with 1868 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:54 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

Maybe you could stop yourself from getting bored at Spotland by doing a count, but it's not just the tippy-tappy stuff to keep the ball moving but the searching passes to feet over 25-30 yards

Perhaps if you were able to appreciate that kind of forward momentum you'd find yourself more engaged during the game, it's good to watch a craftsman at work, and it's the fact he's prepared to take risks that sometimes leads to passes being intercepted

I do appreciate good passing and forward movement, just don’t get to see much of it lately. I’ll pass on the statto thing thanks

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:08 - Oct 3 with 1846 viewskiwidale

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 10:35 - Oct 3 by James1980

I think the selection of McNulty and Norman was based on a combination of Rovers weren't expected to be a particularly stern test and a loan play needing game time

I don't believe for a second that Hill would select a team on the basis of it being an easy win that is too silly for words and if he did then more ammunition for the growing number who are to borrow an oft quoted Hillism questioning his, Hill's, individual errors and decision making. The only conclusion that I can draw to the lineup V Bristol is that:

A/ Lillis and Delaney are collectively responsible for our defensive frailties and in Lillis case its his errors that cause us shipping goals.

B/ Mcnulty is a better option than Delaney.

C/ Cannon is simply not good enough.

The dropping of Lillis again is as bizarre as any of Hill's decisions over the last 18 months. What is it now 3 or 4 times that Lillis has been dropped? for a keeper that is not as good. What will Hill do when Norman gets a 3 games suspension? will he bring Lillis in again only to drop him for a 5th time?

This is not the time for bickering.

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:10 - Oct 3 with 1838 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:58 - Oct 3 by D_Dale

It doesn't look all that reckless. Seems as though the lino favoured a red card:

www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11515986/rochdale-0-0-bristol-rovers

Couple of fine saves by Lillis.

How is not reckless?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:21 - Oct 3 with 1820 viewstony_roch975

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:17 - Oct 3 by SuddenLad

He was like a wasp last night, Stinging the opposition at every opportunity, making a nuisance of himself and getting them rattled at every opportunity. He was tireless in his efforts, won plenty of tackles, made his presence felt and was a real asset to the team effort.

Exactly what he was there to do.

yes Ollie did have a good game

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:30 - Oct 3 with 1797 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:10 - Oct 3 by TVOS1907

How is not reckless?

Payne is still alive?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:33 - Oct 3 with 1782 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:21 - Oct 3 by tony_roch975

yes Ollie did have a good game

Yes he did, ran his socks off, chased and harried, intercepted passes and tackled enthusiastically. Played well alongside DP.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:35 - Oct 3 with 1772 viewsjudd

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:33 - Oct 3 by SuddenLad

Yes he did, ran his socks off, chased and harried, intercepted passes and tackled enthusiastically. Played well alongside DP.

He's playing well whoever is alongside him, in my opinion.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:39 - Oct 3 with 1762 viewstony_roch975

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 11:54 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

pity you felt the need to criticise the poster - many would agree with you that a more direct style (as last night) is preferable to the 'long ball to Andrew' or intricate but non penetrative possession football we've played in recent times. But your Perkins' assessment seems very selective - when McNulty or Camps misplace a pass there is immediate condemnation (think one you share) - with Perkins apparently it's acceptable creativity! Obviously there are 2 very different interpretations about Perkins (& any player); some feel he's (unsurprisingly) not the dominant player of a decade ago (who we couldn't afford) whose lack of speed, being dispossessed in crucial areas and misplaced passes (all plural) are a distinct weakness whereas others think his experienced head, his past record with Dale and occasional searching passes outweigh any weakness - he may well be a useful squad member (even another BBM?) tho that would depend on what he costs!

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:59 - Oct 3 with 1716 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:30 - Oct 3 by dingdangblue

Payne is still alive?

So is Flash Gordon!

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 13:15 - Oct 3 with 1681 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 12:39 - Oct 3 by tony_roch975

pity you felt the need to criticise the poster - many would agree with you that a more direct style (as last night) is preferable to the 'long ball to Andrew' or intricate but non penetrative possession football we've played in recent times. But your Perkins' assessment seems very selective - when McNulty or Camps misplace a pass there is immediate condemnation (think one you share) - with Perkins apparently it's acceptable creativity! Obviously there are 2 very different interpretations about Perkins (& any player); some feel he's (unsurprisingly) not the dominant player of a decade ago (who we couldn't afford) whose lack of speed, being dispossessed in crucial areas and misplaced passes (all plural) are a distinct weakness whereas others think his experienced head, his past record with Dale and occasional searching passes outweigh any weakness - he may well be a useful squad member (even another BBM?) tho that would depend on what he costs!

The criticism was of his interpretation of the game, not of him, and that includes his interpretation of it being boring last night

Pity you had to drag up a cliché against me

I appreciate Perkins divides opinion - my points are simply intended to highlight the extent to which his ability to push the team forward holds risks, and that criticism for being able to carry those risks and never hold back is unfair

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 15:00 - Oct 3 with 1543 viewsJames1980

Is it such a stupid suggestion, that considering Rovers have only scored nine so far this season. They might not have been seen as a huge threat in front of goal?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 15:40 - Oct 3 with 1486 viewstony_roch975

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 13:15 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

The criticism was of his interpretation of the game, not of him, and that includes his interpretation of it being boring last night

Pity you had to drag up a cliché against me

I appreciate Perkins divides opinion - my points are simply intended to highlight the extent to which his ability to push the team forward holds risks, and that criticism for being able to carry those risks and never hold back is unfair

"I appreciate Camps (sic) divides opinion - my points are simply intended to highlight the extent to which his ability to push the team forward holds risks, and that criticism for being able to carry those risks and never hold back is unfair."

It's the very (risk-taking) attribute you ascribe to Perkins which is the regular criticism (over ambitious wonder-pass) of Camps - seems like it's not just our team which lacks consistency!!

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 15:59 - Oct 3 with 1444 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 15:40 - Oct 3 by tony_roch975

"I appreciate Camps (sic) divides opinion - my points are simply intended to highlight the extent to which his ability to push the team forward holds risks, and that criticism for being able to carry those risks and never hold back is unfair."

It's the very (risk-taking) attribute you ascribe to Perkins which is the regular criticism (over ambitious wonder-pass) of Camps - seems like it's not just our team which lacks consistency!!

Camps has everything to move onto the next level - for whatever reason it's not happening. At this stage of his Dale career and looking at his talent he really should be running the game from midfield - he seems to be playing within himself? There are times in games you just want him take the game by the scruff of the neck and boss the midfield but apart from the odd run, wonder pass or goal he seems on the periphery of things.

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 16:13 - Oct 3 with 1415 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 15:40 - Oct 3 by tony_roch975

There is no inconsistency. I've said before, but Camps could learn a heck of a lot from watching Perkins

Camps' "risk-taking" passes are more often than not balls chipped hopefully into the air, whereas Perkins almost invariably plays direct to feet, and the passes are weighted for the recipient to take advantage rather than having to chase the ball

Not saying Camps couldn't get to that standard, i hope he does

Another canard is that Perkins isn't as good as his previous spell at Dale. We remember his exploits but forget that he didn't always play well, he was still learning at that stage and he improved further after moving on to higher things. He's older, wiser but still full of enthusiasm. The thing that's disappointed me most about Camps recently is his seeming lethargy and lack of willingness to try and grab hold of the game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024