Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Ray – RIP 14:18 - Apr 4 with 23223 viewskingo

Very sad news

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Super Ray – RIP on 15:04 - Apr 4 with 2589 viewsHayesender

I remember his debut at Selhurst park like it was yesterday. A few of us had a Friday night out in Nottingham, but we all made it back in time to see Ray Wilkins, with Peter Reid and Andy Sinton tear palace apart.

Can't believe that's almost 30 years ago. Great memories

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Super Ray – RIP on 15:05 - Apr 4 with 2584 viewsJAPRANGERS

So sad and only 61

RIP
Super Ray – RIP on 15:05 - Apr 4 with 2582 viewsessextaxiboy

I hope his family take comfort from the affection that everyone who played , watched and worked with Ray is showing .
As someone in the other thread said "a Rolls Royce of a player " he made it look easy.
RIP Ray
Super Ray – RIP on 15:09 - Apr 4 with 2534 viewsderbyhoop

Very sad news. Condolences to his family.

My best memory was watching him away at Villa, when he was in the twilight of his career. For about 65 minutes the games was proceeding at 100 mph but ever time Ray got the ball he was in 5 yards of space with time to look up and pick a pass. In the last 30 his legs went and we ended up losing but for a good part of the game it was a masterclass in creative midfield work.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Super Ray – RIP on 15:10 - Apr 4 with 2534 viewsquickpassrotter

What a wonderful, inspirational player and leader he was. Boy, could he pick a pass and control the tempo of a game. Unsure if there will be many better players and a more genuine person to wear the hoops shirt. We have been blessed with many brilliant players at Loftus Road throughout time - Ray was right up there with them. RIP Ray. Will be sorely missed.
Super Ray – RIP on 15:12 - Apr 4 with 2520 viewsEsox_Lucius

His control of the midfield the day we beat Man Utd at OT was something I will never forget. They weren't mugs that he was up against but the country's finest and he still dominated them.

The grass is always greener.

Super Ray – RIP on 15:12 - Apr 4 with 2517 viewsphilc

Thanks for all the happy memories Ray, both as a player and a manager. It was a privilege to have watched you control the midfield, one of the true football greats, not just for QPR but for England.

RIP
Super Ray – RIP on 15:13 - Apr 4 with 2503 viewsNoelmc

Very sad news.

I will forever remember that when he came to take corners by the wheelchair user section he always acknowledged Richard Ireland with a kind word or shake of his hand. A class act and a true gentleman.

RIP Super Ray.
Login to get fewer ads

Super Ray – RIP on 15:14 - Apr 4 with 2497 viewsCamberleyR

What absolutey bloody awful news. Was really thinking he'd pull through. I will always smile when I think of all the great memories he left us as a player.
RIP Super Ray

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Super Ray – RIP on 15:14 - Apr 4 with 2494 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well, he turned sideways passing into an art form (The Crab) and drove me mad at times.
Great player all the same.
RIP

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Super Ray – RIP on 15:15 - Apr 4 with 2488 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Changed our club utterly and completely with his skill, wisdom and decency. The most influential QPR player since the 70's.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam uasal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Super Ray – RIP on 15:19 - Apr 4 with 2452 viewsSharpy36

God bless you Ray. A real legend for the R`s.

R.I.P

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Super Ray – RIP on 15:29 - Apr 4 with 2394 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Some lovely clips on the Offish facebook.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Super Ray – RIP on 15:43 - Apr 4 with 2310 viewsAntti_Heinola

Super Ray – RIP on 15:14 - Apr 4 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well, he turned sideways passing into an art form (The Crab) and drove me mad at times.
Great player all the same.
RIP

The whole Crab thing was utter garbage muttered by fools and idiots who don't understand the game. Absolute tosh.

Bare bones.

Super Ray – RIP on 15:46 - Apr 4 with 2296 viewsPhildo

Really gutted to see this news-RIP Ray
Super Ray – RIP on 15:47 - Apr 4 with 2285 viewsBoston

Too young.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Super Ray – RIP on 15:53 - Apr 4 with 2265 viewshopphoops

It's hard to describe how good he was. I didn't get to see Stan or Rodney play but those two and maybe Taarabt get brought up as the most skilled Rs; Ray could not have been more different. Faurlin at his best showed glimpses of his ability.

It wasn't just his extraordinary passing but his ability to understand and dictate the tempo of the game. My memory of that era was of a metronomic pace at which we would gain superiority and then overcome the opposition.

There were plenty of other exceptional players up front, alongside and behind him - six or seven each year were England-team quality - but they never seemed to have to do exceptional things as Super Ray pulled the strings so beautifully.

RIP Ray.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 15:56]

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Super Ray – RIP on 15:55 - Apr 4 with 2251 viewspaulparker

Ray Wilkins :When I look back at some of the players QPR have had it makes me extremely proud. People say to me “It’s only QPR”, but it’s not only QPR, they’ve had some fantastic footballers at QPR. Often when you leave a club you can be forgotten easily so it gives me immense satisfaction to even be thought of after all these years, let alone named in best ever teams by fans.

Ray Wilkins : I’ve always said that atmospherically QPR is as good a ground as any. It only holds nineteen or twenty thousand but by Christ when it’s full the noise down on the pitch is something special, it’s as good as it gets. We had some great times there playing some massive games against big teams and sometimes absolutely battering them as well.

RIP SUPER RAY

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Super Ray – RIP on 15:56 - Apr 4 with 2239 viewshook_hoops

When We signed him I thought he would be past his best, then I saw his debut for us at Palace.....One of the greatest players ever to wear our beloved hoops. RIP Super Ray.
Super Ray – RIP on 16:14 - Apr 4 with 2158 viewsBostonR

Glad I got he opportunity to watch him in a R's shirt. A fantastic player and professional.
Super Ray – RIP on 16:15 - Apr 4 with 2153 viewsheadhoops

Legend. RIP. One of the best players ever to grace the Hoops.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Super Ray – RIP on 16:19 - Apr 4 with 2130 viewsMick_S

Super Ray – RIP on 15:55 - Apr 4 by paulparker

Ray Wilkins :When I look back at some of the players QPR have had it makes me extremely proud. People say to me “It’s only QPR”, but it’s not only QPR, they’ve had some fantastic footballers at QPR. Often when you leave a club you can be forgotten easily so it gives me immense satisfaction to even be thought of after all these years, let alone named in best ever teams by fans.

Ray Wilkins : I’ve always said that atmospherically QPR is as good a ground as any. It only holds nineteen or twenty thousand but by Christ when it’s full the noise down on the pitch is something special, it’s as good as it gets. We had some great times there playing some massive games against big teams and sometimes absolutely battering them as well.

RIP SUPER RAY

That's lovely. Good man.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Super Ray – RIP on 16:21 - Apr 4 with 2117 viewsEmmelars

RIP Butch, one of the best players ever to wear the blue and white hoops.
Super Ray – RIP on 16:22 - Apr 4 with 2102 viewstimcocking

Absolutely gutted.
Super Ray – RIP on 16:25 - Apr 4 with 2085 viewssixnil

RIP Ray
Thanks for the memories. A true legend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024