Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitter taste about Sweetmore 11:20 - Apr 30 with 52831 viewsswiggy

Apparently Dave Sweetmore has been given his job back for next season despite the club announcing Eden Bearshaw as his replacement. What a sad day for the integrity of RAFC. How can you give someone a job and then give back word on the last day of the season, this leaves a very bitter taste on a day that could go down in the clubs history. Trust has been severely compromised and I'm sure this will have a negative affect on season ticket sales. I for one had been a certainty but am now thinking of not purchasing. Sad sad day for the club.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:57 - May 2 with 3192 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:53 - May 2 by TTNYear

As a member of the said clique, Talking Sutty is right, don't cross us as we 'get the boys on you' said in a threatening London accent, or 'are dealt with' in a megalomaniac James Bond baddy type way.

We are all seeing, and a shadowy organisation akin to Opus Dai, weaving our underground and righteous views, trying to convert weak characters to drink sambucca and peddle hatred where required.....

Mwah ahaha ha.

Bow to our will.....

Do you all need a kit designing?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:58 - May 2 with 3185 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:23 - May 2 by ssimp62

Somebody actually said something similar to me on Sunday TalkingSutty.

Are you definitely sure it was Sunday?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:00 - May 2 with 3170 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:57 - May 2 by 442Dale

Maybe they could adapt the weaving of underground and righteous views to that end?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:01 - May 2 with 3162 viewsNewbury_Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 18:08 - May 2 by ssimp62

First time poster here, regular reader.

I have been coming to Dale games for 10 years and sit in the main stand with my brother and his son.

I felt the need to respond to this post, in disgust at some of these comments after meeting Sweetmore at the presentation night.

Firstly - i'm not a fan of his music, but i do appreciate how many fans are and how much publicity we get. I'd never spoke to him before Sunday but had seen him around the club, with a recognisable swagger and attitude that reminds me very much of Keith Hill.

He has been a long serving, and in most parts well respected servant to this club, and i would suggest there has never been, or never will be, a tannoy man in any of the football leagues that has got his club as much excellent media attention and exposure over the years. Sky Sports announcing his departure - has that ever happened with any other people in his role? will it ever happen again? The number of people i witnessed asking for their picture with him on Sunday showed to me how liked he is by the majority.

After seeing his tweet that night (now deleted) asking somebody to speak to his face rather than by social media i decided to myself go and meet the man. I didnt know what to expect, but what i got was the most approachable individual i could wish to meet.

I asked him about the situation in which he was obviously very saddened. He told me on the club finding out he was staying in the area, THEY had asked him to remain in the job. Other clubs (he said three) had offered him work when his statement was released about staying in Rochdale, but after being asked by Dale to stay he turned them down to remain here. He asked what the situation would be with the new gentleman and was told he would be offered to work alongside him. Sweetmore didn't want him to be 'just fired off' as he put it. The club agreed but couldn't speak to the new chap as he was on holiday.

On Sunday, the appointed person (Eden??) was called into the office on arrival where he was told Sweetmore would be staying (something which he had already been told was a possibility before his holiday). Agreed the club were wrong to tell him on the last day of the season.

Sweetmore then said that the new person had been asked to stay on and do announcements, working with him as he did the music. Dave told me he thought this would be a great idea and that the new chap was going to be a huge success.

Eden? (sorry if thats wrong) then changed his mind and walked out. I perhaps shouldnt write this but Sweetmore told me he had later asked Eden to meet him the the Dale bar after the game for a chat, as he had planned on offering to help him progress with his media career and give him some advice and ideas, through his own contacts. Eden declined.

I feel the abuse given to our current tannoyman is uncalled for, the amount he has done for this club, both across the media and with the events he hosts (i've never been but i really hope he doesn't stop if he reads this forum, i wouldn't blame him)

I did ask him if he did read the message boards and he said 'no i cant be doing with it its all negativity'

The newly appointed matchday announcer / tannoy person is obviously a friend of the handful of people who post in this group. The way the club have dealt with this is wrong. A statement needs to be made. It seems quite obvious they want our current man to remain in the role, which i for one fully understand.

Dave Sweetmore is / has been / will hopefully continue to be a great public ambassador for this club and if you cant see that then you must be very narrow minded.

My brother and i were excited to be hearing a new voice at spotland but were also happy when we found out our current man was staying.

I get that you are all friends with the new / maybe new tannoyman but some of the junk written on here is frankly embarrassing to the club.

Sweetmore is well respected in many parts and IF he has left we should be wishing him every success. IF he stays we should be grateful for the media exposure he gets the club.

As for Eden - lets hope something can be sorted, i dont know what, but the club need to make a decision and tell the fans NOW.

We are meant to support our club in any decision they make. This forum makes it seem like a forum versus club, constantly.

Its been handled badly - yes. But lets support the club - they know how to run a successful club, we don't.

The more i think about it and read, the more i hope Sweetmore stays. (But sorts out the awful sound system).

Up The Dale.

Great post. Especially this bit:

"I get that you are all friends with the new / maybe new tannoyman but some of the junk written on here is frankly embarrassing to the club. "
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:01 - May 2 with 3158 viewskel

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:57 - May 2 by 442Dale

Allow me to suggest a badge.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:03 - May 2 with 3137 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:08 - May 2 by ssimp62

I'm sorry i really don't know, just what i was told in the conversation.

I have been told that no meeting between the club and Eden took place as claimed by Sweetmore.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:09 - May 2 with 3091 viewsAtThePeake

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:53 - May 2 by TTNYear

As a member of the said clique, Talking Sutty is right, don't cross us as we 'get the boys on you' said in a threatening London accent, or 'are dealt with' in a megalomaniac James Bond baddy type way.

We are all seeing, and a shadowy organisation akin to Opus Dai, weaving our underground and righteous views, trying to convert weak characters to drink sambucca and peddle hatred where required.....

Mwah ahaha ha.

Bow to our will.....

So you lot are at fault for a certain young half-Irishman stumbling up to me in Manchester at 1am on Monday morning and incoherently spouting some shite about sambuca and his birthday?

Tangled up in blue.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:14 - May 2 with 3046 viewsTTNYear

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:09 - May 2 by AtThePeake

So you lot are at fault for a certain young half-Irishman stumbling up to me in Manchester at 1am on Monday morning and incoherently spouting some shite about sambuca and his birthday?

Brother Jennings, has tasted the black elixir of life and has embraced the 'way of the Clique', he has passed the initiation set upon him and is a welcome addition to our Brothers.

We are watching and know who you are Brother Peak. We know.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 22:15]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Login to get fewer ads

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:17 - May 2 with 2996 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:14 - May 2 by TTNYear

Brother Jennings, has tasted the black elixir of life and has embraced the 'way of the Clique', he has passed the initiation set upon him and is a welcome addition to our Brothers.

Oi, stop wittering on. I'm trying to get Brother Eden his job back in a Columbo styleee way.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 22:18]

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:19 - May 2 with 2982 viewsAtThePeake

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:14 - May 2 by TTNYear

It's only a clique 🍺😂

Tangled up in blue.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:37 - May 2 with 2885 viewsBrierls

Conspiracy theorists and returning fruitcakes withstanding, the way this has been handled is a disgrace. The lack of a statement from the club ultimately means one of two things; Eden takes over from Sweetmore from next season (as announced on the OS), or somebody within the club has shafted a lifelong Dale fan and is hoping it will just go away. It won't. #TeamRochdaleWhenItSuits
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:07 - May 2 with 2743 viewsCanaDale

Wow, just wow. The club is finally going places, we've got a great team and a great new season ticket initiative, it's like there's a real good feel good factor around the club. And yet, we still find a way to embarrass ourselves, kudos! Hope this gets resolved one way or another soon.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:10 - May 2 with 2726 viewsTTNYear

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 18:08 - May 2 by ssimp62

First time poster here, regular reader.

I have been coming to Dale games for 10 years and sit in the main stand with my brother and his son.

I felt the need to respond to this post, in disgust at some of these comments after meeting Sweetmore at the presentation night.

Firstly - i'm not a fan of his music, but i do appreciate how many fans are and how much publicity we get. I'd never spoke to him before Sunday but had seen him around the club, with a recognisable swagger and attitude that reminds me very much of Keith Hill.

He has been a long serving, and in most parts well respected servant to this club, and i would suggest there has never been, or never will be, a tannoy man in any of the football leagues that has got his club as much excellent media attention and exposure over the years. Sky Sports announcing his departure - has that ever happened with any other people in his role? will it ever happen again? The number of people i witnessed asking for their picture with him on Sunday showed to me how liked he is by the majority.

After seeing his tweet that night (now deleted) asking somebody to speak to his face rather than by social media i decided to myself go and meet the man. I didnt know what to expect, but what i got was the most approachable individual i could wish to meet.

I asked him about the situation in which he was obviously very saddened. He told me on the club finding out he was staying in the area, THEY had asked him to remain in the job. Other clubs (he said three) had offered him work when his statement was released about staying in Rochdale, but after being asked by Dale to stay he turned them down to remain here. He asked what the situation would be with the new gentleman and was told he would be offered to work alongside him. Sweetmore didn't want him to be 'just fired off' as he put it. The club agreed but couldn't speak to the new chap as he was on holiday.

On Sunday, the appointed person (Eden??) was called into the office on arrival where he was told Sweetmore would be staying (something which he had already been told was a possibility before his holiday). Agreed the club were wrong to tell him on the last day of the season.

Sweetmore then said that the new person had been asked to stay on and do announcements, working with him as he did the music. Dave told me he thought this would be a great idea and that the new chap was going to be a huge success.

Eden? (sorry if thats wrong) then changed his mind and walked out. I perhaps shouldnt write this but Sweetmore told me he had later asked Eden to meet him the the Dale bar after the game for a chat, as he had planned on offering to help him progress with his media career and give him some advice and ideas, through his own contacts. Eden declined.

I feel the abuse given to our current tannoyman is uncalled for, the amount he has done for this club, both across the media and with the events he hosts (i've never been but i really hope he doesn't stop if he reads this forum, i wouldn't blame him)

I did ask him if he did read the message boards and he said 'no i cant be doing with it its all negativity'

The newly appointed matchday announcer / tannoy person is obviously a friend of the handful of people who post in this group. The way the club have dealt with this is wrong. A statement needs to be made. It seems quite obvious they want our current man to remain in the role, which i for one fully understand.

Dave Sweetmore is / has been / will hopefully continue to be a great public ambassador for this club and if you cant see that then you must be very narrow minded.

My brother and i were excited to be hearing a new voice at spotland but were also happy when we found out our current man was staying.

I get that you are all friends with the new / maybe new tannoyman but some of the junk written on here is frankly embarrassing to the club.

Sweetmore is well respected in many parts and IF he has left we should be wishing him every success. IF he stays we should be grateful for the media exposure he gets the club.

As for Eden - lets hope something can be sorted, i dont know what, but the club need to make a decision and tell the fans NOW.

We are meant to support our club in any decision they make. This forum makes it seem like a forum versus club, constantly.

Its been handled badly - yes. But lets support the club - they know how to run a successful club, we don't.

The more i think about it and read, the more i hope Sweetmore stays. (But sorts out the awful sound system).

Up The Dale.

Ok back to topic for a mo

Firstly I think you may be referring to me as Sweetmore did invite me to the club, unfortunately I was busy... I have offered to meet him at another time. I am still awaiting a reply.

He also asked why didn't I approach him at the do, I didn't get the chance in all honesty, but in hindsight it may have been the best thing anyway..

A few points of order.

Eden was promised the job by a club official prior to the Bury game

Sweetmore asking for Eden not just to be fired off says more about him after the above point. If it was me I'd be turning any offer down because I'd know a sh1t storm would ensue..

Couldn't speak to someone because they are holiday. Have we gone back to the 70's? Text email... mobile phones mustn't work abroad then.

Eden changing his mind? No. The goal posts were not just moved they were taken off the pitch.

So Eden declined an offer to have a drink with someone who shafted him? To be honest I doubt anyone would.

The rest well... ambassador... Christ.

We should be grateful? Christ x 2

We did wish him well when he went, but the manner of this u-turn is the problem, and not where people drink. If he propped up the bar at the wine press with Talking Sutty I'd be as annoyed.

The club do know how run a club, but this is as others have said (not from the House of Cliquism), it's just wrong.

Whatever happened with the club sweetmore either shouldn't have asked or shouldn't have taken the job, in my opinion. If you differ from that view then so be it, but if it was me then I'd be ringing up Blackpool and ordering a new mic.... or Blackburn or the other unnamed club.

I think Sweetmore has got off quite lightly, considering the above and other points made on this thread. Some have got a bit more personal, but on the whole most have been reasonable.

I'm sure by the end of the week more news will appear.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 23:13]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:19 - May 2 with 2681 viewsjudd

As I said to Eden on Sunday it's a dog eat dog world. Keep yer chin up and move on. You've done nothing wrong. Dave Sweetmore does a great job and the club have decided they didn't want to change after all. How they deal with Edens pitiful treatment will be the measure that matters most.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:55 - May 2 with 2593 viewsShun

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 21:32 - May 2 by SandyDrum

I've never stepper foot in The Cem, don't live anywhere near it and I think the treatment of Eden disgusting so there you go...
[Post edited 2 May 2017 21:33]

I haven't been in the Cem for a while, I'm certainly not part of the clique, but I did on more than one occasion do a knock-a-door-run with Eden.

I also abhor the treatment he's received.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 0:10]
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 00:19 - May 3 with 2562 viewsD_Alien

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 23:19 - May 2 by judd

As I said to Eden on Sunday it's a dog eat dog world. Keep yer chin up and move on. You've done nothing wrong. Dave Sweetmore does a great job and the club have decided they didn't want to change after all. How they deal with Edens pitiful treatment will be the measure that matters most.

Supposing he doesn't want to move on? Supposing - and I don't know him, but let's just say for the sake of it - that he's such an avid fan as described by others who do know him, that what he'd really want more than anything is for Sweetmore to do the decent thing, a fitting apology issued, and his job reinstated?

I fully realise that might not happen, but until there's something concrete either way, no dogs have yet been eaten. And there's plenty who disagree that Sweetmore does a great job. The timely reminder that 442 posted with the link back to the announcement of Eden's successful application for the role suggests there's every possibility that he could be even better

What on earth have the club got to gain from Sweetmore continuing now? Everything to lose, in fact. Let's wait and see, over the next couple of days

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 06:28 - May 3 with 2407 viewsTalkingSutty

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 22:37 - May 2 by Brierls

Conspiracy theorists and returning fruitcakes withstanding, the way this has been handled is a disgrace. The lack of a statement from the club ultimately means one of two things; Eden takes over from Sweetmore from next season (as announced on the OS), or somebody within the club has shafted a lifelong Dale fan and is hoping it will just go away. It won't. #TeamRochdaleWhenItSuits

You're coming across as a right spoilt brat now who isn't getting his own way. Stamping your feet up and down on the forum isn't going to work. In fact look through last nights post and it's pretty obvious it's you lot from the Cemetery who are making the most noise, if Eden wasn't attached to yourselves you wouldn't be having these tantrums, come on admit it, you haven't got your own way and it's personal because one of your drinking buddies has been shafted. Even a fruitcake can work that out😀👍

There's also bad feeling towards David seeping through this thread, having never spoken to the guy because to me he is just the 'tannoy man',i can't vouch for his character only his repetitive shite taste in music and his screeching delivery. He should have fallen on his sword but like I say, people at the Club want him to stay, he's popular.

The Club will be fully aware that they have shafted your pal and we all know it's bad form but what can you do if they deem Mr Sweetmore the best man for the job? It's a harsh world out there and life isn't fair, maybe Eden can learn a lesson from this sorry episode and not trust people on their word. The Club might think Sweetmore is capable of generating more income from his music functions that he holds at the Club and it isn't just about playing a few records and announcing the teams. That extra income could be the difference between a Dave Helliwell or a George Donnelly and then we would all benefit!!

Anybody who buys into this 'Team Rochdale' theme is pretty naive, 'Team Rochdale' was rolled out for everybody to see with last seasons ST fiasco. It's a business and those in charge will make decisions that they think will ultimately benefit the Club. Threatening to withdraw your support regarding purchasing a Season Ticket over this issue is also pretty childish. One of your mates has been shafted by the Club, I agree with you it's very poor form, but it's for him to sort out not you or anybody else. We've all expressed our disappointment towards the decision and it's not going to change. I would imagine Eden wouldn't take the job now anyway. In a nutshell...You're childish antics and comments aren't doing Eden any favours.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 6:44]
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:00 - May 3 with 2257 viewsRalphs12

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 06:28 - May 3 by TalkingSutty

You're coming across as a right spoilt brat now who isn't getting his own way. Stamping your feet up and down on the forum isn't going to work. In fact look through last nights post and it's pretty obvious it's you lot from the Cemetery who are making the most noise, if Eden wasn't attached to yourselves you wouldn't be having these tantrums, come on admit it, you haven't got your own way and it's personal because one of your drinking buddies has been shafted. Even a fruitcake can work that out😀👍

There's also bad feeling towards David seeping through this thread, having never spoken to the guy because to me he is just the 'tannoy man',i can't vouch for his character only his repetitive shite taste in music and his screeching delivery. He should have fallen on his sword but like I say, people at the Club want him to stay, he's popular.

The Club will be fully aware that they have shafted your pal and we all know it's bad form but what can you do if they deem Mr Sweetmore the best man for the job? It's a harsh world out there and life isn't fair, maybe Eden can learn a lesson from this sorry episode and not trust people on their word. The Club might think Sweetmore is capable of generating more income from his music functions that he holds at the Club and it isn't just about playing a few records and announcing the teams. That extra income could be the difference between a Dave Helliwell or a George Donnelly and then we would all benefit!!

Anybody who buys into this 'Team Rochdale' theme is pretty naive, 'Team Rochdale' was rolled out for everybody to see with last seasons ST fiasco. It's a business and those in charge will make decisions that they think will ultimately benefit the Club. Threatening to withdraw your support regarding purchasing a Season Ticket over this issue is also pretty childish. One of your mates has been shafted by the Club, I agree with you it's very poor form, but it's for him to sort out not you or anybody else. We've all expressed our disappointment towards the decision and it's not going to change. I would imagine Eden wouldn't take the job now anyway. In a nutshell...You're childish antics and comments aren't doing Eden any favours.

Ha. I'm not sure if you're serious.

I don't think it's childish to suggest the club are making an arse of the situation. I couldn't care less if Eden is or isn't part of some high and mighty clique. From what I can gather he's a Dale fan, he was offered a job, a job that was announced was his on the official site. A job that now seemingly has been taken away/altered in a way most people wouldn't want it.

How do we know Eden wouldn't generate more for the club? I've never been to an indie night so I've no clue how popular they are but I think that's weak grounds to give him his job back, surely he could still do these events if he cared as much as it appears he does.

All people are asking is for the club to come out and say one way or another what's gone on. It's not to much to ask. After all they want us to be part of the family when it comes to paying for screens and the like.

Oh and it's appeared on rochdale online now. Great publicity for the club.

Add me to the list for the non initiated.
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:05 - May 3 with 2229 viewsjudd

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 00:19 - May 3 by D_Alien

Supposing he doesn't want to move on? Supposing - and I don't know him, but let's just say for the sake of it - that he's such an avid fan as described by others who do know him, that what he'd really want more than anything is for Sweetmore to do the decent thing, a fitting apology issued, and his job reinstated?

I fully realise that might not happen, but until there's something concrete either way, no dogs have yet been eaten. And there's plenty who disagree that Sweetmore does a great job. The timely reminder that 442 posted with the link back to the announcement of Eden's successful application for the role suggests there's every possibility that he could be even better

What on earth have the club got to gain from Sweetmore continuing now? Everything to lose, in fact. Let's wait and see, over the next couple of days

It's entirely up to Eden how he responds and no one else.
It seems to me that his treatment is being used as a barely disguised veneer for the anti-Sweetmore element.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:09 - May 3 with 2210 views442Dale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:00 - May 3 by Ralphs12

Ha. I'm not sure if you're serious.

I don't think it's childish to suggest the club are making an arse of the situation. I couldn't care less if Eden is or isn't part of some high and mighty clique. From what I can gather he's a Dale fan, he was offered a job, a job that was announced was his on the official site. A job that now seemingly has been taken away/altered in a way most people wouldn't want it.

How do we know Eden wouldn't generate more for the club? I've never been to an indie night so I've no clue how popular they are but I think that's weak grounds to give him his job back, surely he could still do these events if he cared as much as it appears he does.

All people are asking is for the club to come out and say one way or another what's gone on. It's not to much to ask. After all they want us to be part of the family when it comes to paying for screens and the like.

Oh and it's appeared on rochdale online now. Great publicity for the club.

Add me to the list for the non initiated.

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/109797/rochdale-foot

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:23 - May 3 with 2156 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:09 - May 3 by 442Dale

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/109797/rochdale-foot

This is could put the club in a very difficult position because they are going to have to confirm, whether it be to Eden's representatives (if they ask the right questions) or the wider public, whether what Sweetmore said is true. Did they inform Eden prior to him going away that there were provisos to him taking up the role and did they in fact offer Sweetmore the job back (it was all the club) or did Sweetmore ask for it back.

If they deny this then surely this cannot stand.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 8:25]

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:28 - May 3 with 2139 viewsTTNYear

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 06:28 - May 3 by TalkingSutty

Ok Sutty, if you have no opinion and think what people are saying is worthless then fine. Why not keep your own council? Let us think we as fans have a modicum of influence. I mean with the attitude in that post, it appears we have none, and we should sit back and have our bellies tickled as one of our own (I mean supporter btw) is shafted.

Let's face it with that attitude we'd have Coleman still in charge ... remind me who went down to the club to have it out with him? Or worse still Keytech Fagin would be at the helm with his imagined money... I wonder who helped unearthed that charleton at the time? Clue for you TS, he's related to Eden.

Are we stamping harder because he drinks in the Cem. Maybe, maybe not, but to me that matters not a jot, and just because he does, doesn't make it any more correct than if he drank in Kirkholt working men's club. He doesn't so it's only right that people are made aware of what's happened. Maybe we should have kept quiet because of the expected backlash to the power hub that is The Cem... I mean ...really?

You sit there pontificating that the Cem is something to do with the ground swell of opinion. A silly opinion in my eyes, but then again you probably think fans have no influence, so what does it matter to you, to be fair.

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:55 - May 3 with 2061 viewsTalkingSutty

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:28 - May 3 by TTNYear

Ok Sutty, if you have no opinion and think what people are saying is worthless then fine. Why not keep your own council? Let us think we as fans have a modicum of influence. I mean with the attitude in that post, it appears we have none, and we should sit back and have our bellies tickled as one of our own (I mean supporter btw) is shafted.

Let's face it with that attitude we'd have Coleman still in charge ... remind me who went down to the club to have it out with him? Or worse still Keytech Fagin would be at the helm with his imagined money... I wonder who helped unearthed that charleton at the time? Clue for you TS, he's related to Eden.

Are we stamping harder because he drinks in the Cem. Maybe, maybe not, but to me that matters not a jot, and just because he does, doesn't make it any more correct than if he drank in Kirkholt working men's club. He doesn't so it's only right that people are made aware of what's happened. Maybe we should have kept quiet because of the expected backlash to the power hub that is The Cem... I mean ...really?

You sit there pontificating that the Cem is something to do with the ground swell of opinion. A silly opinion in my eyes, but then again you probably think fans have no influence, so what does it matter to you, to be fair.

You see, you're another one who is also having tantrums. Yes, you're dead right in suggesting you are stomping harder because he drinks in the Cem and is one of your pals, you sound like a bunch of spoilt brats.If this was anybody else I don't think any of you would be making such a massive issue about it and threatening not to renew season tickets etc and if you're honest with yourself you will admit that. He's a mate and your shouting the loudest.

If you analysed my post you would realise I don't agree with what has happened, it stinks,but it's not the first time supporters have been treated badly. We have unpaid volunteers who do a lot of work for the Club and are insulted and treated like mugs, so I don't see why anybody is so outraged by this. The Club have renaged on their original decision for whatever reason, they shouldn't then be held to ransom regarding withdrawing support of ST purchases over it.

Various Supporters have posted their displeasure over the years regarding a multitude of perceived annoyances relating to the Club and its been noticeable how you and your pals are very quick to patronise them and pat them on the head, belittling the supporters with your Cambridge Forum 'nicknames, so don't start coming the *ucking high almighty and holier than thou', regarding how the Club should treat fans. No doubt your bum chums will come along at some stage and fight your corner for you. The Club have made their decision what are you going to do about it apart from voice your displeasure?
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:04 - May 3 with 2026 viewsnordenblue

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 08:09 - May 3 by 442Dale

Seems pretty clear that DS is staying in the job next season reading that,don't think legally there's a case to answer to,morally yes but it's nothing rare for a company/club to treat people like that.

Ultimately it seems they chose the best candidate they see fit for the job,it could have been handled differently reading between the lines certainly, but without knowing the full story which only DS and Eden will be privy to its a decision that will more than likely stand....
Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:12 - May 3 with 1991 viewsmightydale

Bitter taste about Sweetmore on 09:04 - May 3 by nordenblue

Seems pretty clear that DS is staying in the job next season reading that,don't think legally there's a case to answer to,morally yes but it's nothing rare for a company/club to treat people like that.

Ultimately it seems they chose the best candidate they see fit for the job,it could have been handled differently reading between the lines certainly, but without knowing the full story which only DS and Eden will be privy to its a decision that will more than likely stand....

Reading this shit I thought I was on fcuking Mong central for a minute get a grip ffs

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024