Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Virgin Media problem 14:25 - Mar 8 with 8993 viewsSwanjaxs

If anybody has experienced problems with Virgin media whilst live streaming lately (stream playing in slow motion and buffering ) go into your vm settings and disable flood detection, should solve the problem 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Virgin Media problem on 14:33 - Mar 8 with 8170 viewspikeypaul

I have VM fibre broadband how do I go into settings?

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Virgin Media problem on 14:38 - Mar 8 with 8166 viewsSwanjaxs

Virgin Media problem on 14:33 - Mar 8 by pikeypaul

I have VM fibre broadband how do I go into settings?

Log in to your router via your ip address and go into settings, you'll see flood detection with a green tick in the box, just un tick

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Virgin Media problem on 15:21 - Mar 8 with 8092 viewsLandore_Jack

Advanced Settings > Security > Firewall

Uncheck "IP flood detection".

Select "Apply Changes".

#backtojack

Virgin Media problem on 15:23 - Mar 8 with 8082 viewsswan65split

Virgin Media problem on 14:38 - Mar 8 by Swanjaxs

Log in to your router via your ip address and go into settings, you'll see flood detection with a green tick in the box, just un tick

and how do you ,,,Log in to your router via your ip address and go into settings??
Virgin Media problem on 15:26 - Mar 8 with 8074 viewsSwanjaxs

Virgin Media problem on 15:21 - Mar 8 by Landore_Jack

Select "Apply Changes".

Bang on brother 👍
It would have fried my noggin to go into such detail!
Don't know if VM are having issues or they're on to us but disabling flood detection seems to work 👍

Virgin Media problem on 22:24 - Mar 8 with 7867 viewsStarsky

Virgin Media problem on 15:26 - Mar 8 by Swanjaxs

Bang on brother 👍
It would have fried my noggin to go into such detail!
Don't know if VM are having issues or they're on to us but disabling flood detection seems to work 👍

Wow... will try tomorrow.

I hope I don't get flooded now

It's just the internet, init.

Virgin Media problem on 05:47 - Mar 9 with 7788 viewsSTID2017

Virgin Media problem on 22:24 - Mar 8 by Starsky

Wow... will try tomorrow.

I hope I don't get flooded now

Had intermittent problems Saturday.
At half time phoned Virgin and a young lady sorted it in time for the second half

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Virgin Media problem on 20:19 - Aug 15 with 2415 viewsCeejay

Has anyone had problems using the live streaming this week?

Mine worked a dream v Middlesbrough but had no option to watch v Gillingham. Managed to see the last 9 minutes using sky sports via VM on my phone but there was option to cast to TV.

I can be at the.com Saturday so don’t expect any issues this weekend.
Login to get fewer ads

Virgin Media problem on 21:02 - Aug 15 with 2319 viewsAnotherJohn

Virgin Media problem on 20:19 - Aug 15 by Ceejay

Has anyone had problems using the live streaming this week?

Mine worked a dream v Middlesbrough but had no option to watch v Gillingham. Managed to see the last 9 minutes using sky sports via VM on my phone but there was option to cast to TV.

I can be at the.com Saturday so don’t expect any issues this weekend.

I had problems for the last game. My downstairs VM box allowed use of the red button on channel 508, which then allowed a choice of games, but my Mini TV box upstairs did not. I thought this was because I needed a newer 360 Mini box,. However, I got on the ;phone today (long wait mind) and the VM technician fixed the problem via an online software upgrade.
Virgin Media problem on 21:56 - Aug 15 with 2255 viewsMad_Mike

Had the same issue. Couldnt watch the Swans (although Cardiff was available 😡) Last night Plymouth not available.
Whats the best number to phone Virgin?
Virgin Media problem on 22:26 - Aug 15 with 2224 viewsswan65split

Virgin Media problem on 21:56 - Aug 15 by Mad_Mike

Had the same issue. Couldnt watch the Swans (although Cardiff was available 😡) Last night Plymouth not available.

good luck on that one, try Twitter , some terrible stories about phone calls,
Virgin Media problem on 07:50 - Aug 16 with 2147 viewsAnotherJohn

Virgin Media problem on 21:56 - Aug 15 by Mad_Mike

if you have a Virgin landline the number is 150. It is a nightmare taking perhaps 30 minutes to get through, but at least it is a free call. I tried to find chat on the webpage before I called and that is very hard to find as well.
Virgin Media problem on 11:35 - Aug 16 with 2110 viewsAnotherJohn

Just got an email with this link explaining how to access the extra games, and an alternative phone number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/using-the-sky-sports-
[Post edited 16 Aug 11:36]
Virgin Media problem on 12:26 - Aug 16 with 2082 viewsonehunglow

Wouldn’t touch Virgin with barge pole.
Their reputation here,anyway,is terrible,especially when it comes to faults
Avoid

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Virgin Media problem on 14:37 - Aug 16 with 2046 viewstheloneranger

Virgin Media problem on 11:35 - Aug 16 by AnotherJohn

Just got an email with this link explaining how to access the extra games, and an alternative phone number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/using-the-sky-sports-
[Post edited 16 Aug 11:36]

150 and that telephone number, are basically the same number - they will both take you through to the same menu.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Virgin Media problem on 14:50 - Aug 16 with 2034 viewsAnotherJohn

Virgin Media problem on 14:37 - Aug 16 by theloneranger

150 and that telephone number, are basically the same number - they will both take you through to the same menu.

Yes, but you need the 0345 number if you do not have a VM landline. You still enter the same system and face a long wait though.
[Post edited 16 Aug 14:53]
Virgin Media problem on 18:54 - Aug 16 with 1959 viewsSullutaCreturned

I found it much better and easier to simply ditch Virgin media and get Youfibre in (thanks Ged) which has better speeds, is cheaper and more reliable and the rest is history.

V, just like Sky are expensive cac.
Virgin Media problem on 19:58 - Aug 16 with 1941 viewsAnotherJohn

Virgin Media problem on 18:54 - Aug 16 by SullutaCreturned

I found it much better and easier to simply ditch Virgin media and get Youfibre in (thanks Ged) which has better speeds, is cheaper and more reliable and the rest is history.

V, just like Sky are expensive cac.

Broadband looks good, but if you want TV (especially Sky and TNT) how do you manage that? The Youfibre website only seems to cover BB.
Virgin Media problem on 20:24 - Aug 16 with 1907 viewsCeejay

I used 150 but ended up being shouted at by a Complaints Manager in New Delhi.

My VM contract ends in April next year, unlikely I’ll be a customer n May.
Virgin Media problem on 20:37 - Aug 16 with 1898 viewsCeejay

Thanks for reply.

I think my problem was slightly different as it was using V6 box. I was given a priority call to India and told my issue could only be solved with a new contract starting there and then at extra cost £8-£9 per month taking me to almost £100. VM are advertising this new Sky+ service as a “no extra cost” to replace Sky arena.

I have gone to pm them on X-twitter and been advised a new remote and software upgrade will sort it so have a few more days to wait on delivery.

Hope it is sorted but I’m not impressed by VM continual switching of position during our correspondence - almost £1100 per year for abuse when I refuse a new and unnecessary contract.
Virgin Media problem on 21:09 - Aug 16 with 1882 viewsswan65split

Virgin Media problem on 20:37 - Aug 16 by Ceejay

Thanks for reply.

I think my problem was slightly different as it was using V6 box. I was given a priority call to India and told my issue could only be solved with a new contract starting there and then at extra cost £8-£9 per month taking me to almost £100. VM are advertising this new Sky+ service as a “no extra cost” to replace Sky arena.

I have gone to pm them on X-twitter and been advised a new remote and software upgrade will sort it so have a few more days to wait on delivery.

Hope it is sorted but I’m not impressed by VM continual switching of position during our correspondence - almost £1100 per year for abuse when I refuse a new and unnecessary contract.

I had issues for over a year they daus it was at my end, a few months ago they then said they found an issue with my connection at their end and "fixed" it had an upgrade to 365 and new remote like you are having, i went through twits.
there was an issue first game, but seems ok now, but they are on trial!
Virgin Media problem on 21:21 - Aug 16 with 1876 viewsSullutaCreturned

Virgin Media problem on 19:58 - Aug 16 by AnotherJohn

Broadband looks good, but if you want TV (especially Sky and TNT) how do you manage that? The Youfibre website only seems to cover BB.

Apparently there are ways and means. We don't care, we just watch the streaming services, iplayer, ITVX etc. it costs us 80 quid per month with license fee.

Virgin,in our experienc were awful. The BB constantly cut out and speeds dropped, the phone calls took forever and I frequently had to hang up after waits of over 40 mins, the web chats were better but still not good. They have a bad customer service rating and the prices are always rising so we binned them.
Virgin Media problem on 17:50 - Aug 17 with 1716 viewsEagleEye

Virgin Media problem on 15:21 - Mar 8 by Landore_Jack

Select "Apply Changes".

How do you go about logging in to the router ?
Virgin Media problem on 18:38 - Aug 17 with 1677 viewsLandore_Jack

Virgin Media problem on 17:50 - Aug 17 by EagleEye

How do you go about logging in to the router ?

1. Open a browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
2. Enter the Settings password printed on the back of the Hub and click Next.

For more info see:
https://19216811.uno/virgin-media-router-login/

#backtojack

Virgin Media problem on 21:47 - Aug 17 with 1535 viewsEagleEye

Virgin Media problem on 18:38 - Aug 17 by Landore_Jack

1. Open a browser and type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar.
2. Enter the Settings password printed on the back of the Hub and click Next.

For more info see:
https://19216811.uno/virgin-media-router-login/

Nice one. Googled it - job done for now.

Has Virgin actually changed the settings then for some reason ? For some reason my streams only started playing up today … hopefully this will fix it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024