Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Draw 18:45 - Dec 5 with 20701 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Only a few minutes off, but we will have to endure all usual BBC crap sucking up to Stevie G and Ian Right Right Wright before the proper stuff.

Far too much farting around, just get on with it.

HOME draw please.
The Draw on 17:30 - Dec 8 with 1104 viewsLS27Rdale

silly question time....

So we are defo a 3pm saturday kick off?
No sunday beeb non-league cup programme??
The Draw on 17:37 - Dec 8 with 1093 viewsBendy

The Draw on 17:30 - Dec 8 by LS27Rdale

silly question time....

So we are defo a 3pm saturday kick off?
No sunday beeb non-league cup programme??

No. they only do that for first two rounds. So unless the police stick an oar in (which I can't see happening) it will be Sat at 3pm
The Draw on 17:49 - Dec 8 with 1076 viewsLS27Rdale

The Draw on 17:37 - Dec 8 by Bendy

No. they only do that for first two rounds. So unless the police stick an oar in (which I can't see happening) it will be Sat at 3pm

nice one fella
The Draw on 18:21 - Dec 8 with 1039 viewsAtThePeake

The Draw on 17:15 - Dec 8 by TVOS1907

In Alli's case, diving about...

He's no worse than 90% of Premier League players but being an England international we for some reason expect more honesty from him.

Pochettino openly admitted in a recent interview that when he was being coached in Argentina he was essentially taught to dive and told to go down at every opportunity. Perhaps that attitude is part of the reason why the Argentinian national side has been far more successful than our own over the years.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 18:53]

Tangled up in blue.

The Draw on 18:31 - Dec 8 with 1029 viewsD_Alien

The Draw on 18:21 - Dec 8 by AtThePeake

He's no worse than 90% of Premier League players but being an England international we for some reason expect more honesty from him.

Pochettino openly admitted in a recent interview that when he was being coached in Argentina he was essentially taught to dive and told to go down at every opportunity. Perhaps that attitude is part of the reason why the Argentinian national side has been far more successful than our own over the years.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 18:53]

There's something not quite right about being told to go down at every opportunity by a coach

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Draw on 18:50 - Dec 8 with 990 views1907

The Draw on 18:31 - Dec 8 by D_Alien

There's something not quite right about being told to go down at every opportunity by a coach

Dark!
The Draw on 19:00 - Dec 8 with 963 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The Draw on 17:49 - Dec 8 by LS27Rdale

nice one fella

Is he an Owl?
The Draw on 19:22 - Dec 8 with 920 viewslove_the_dale

The Draw on 18:31 - Dec 8 by D_Alien

I agree.

A couple of years ago, I was standing behind Chris Brown at a youth team game. Nyall Bell had been nudged in the back whilst jumping for the ball. No free kick was given. Chris told him he should have gone down. I should have kept my mouth shut, but did comment that he shouldn't have to (go down). The point I was trying to make was that, if referees did their job properly, it wouldn't be necessary to go down in order to get the free kick that you are entitled to. I really don't know what a player should do nowadays in this situation - or what a coach should advise. In the olden days, we would never have thought of throwing ourselves to the floor if the contact was insufficient for that to happen. We got a free kick or we got on with it. The same applied in the professional game. I'm inclined to think that that should still happen, but with the standard of modern refereeing, I'm not sure.

This is a completely different situation from the following. There is an accidental collision between two players. The one that goes to the floor is MUCH more likely to get a free kick than the one who stays on his / her feet. I think this is the situation that you are referring to and it is an example of cheating, which should not be encouraged by coaches.
Login to get fewer ads

The Draw on 19:33 - Dec 8 with 904 viewsnordenblue

The Draw on 19:22 - Dec 8 by love_the_dale

I agree.

A couple of years ago, I was standing behind Chris Brown at a youth team game. Nyall Bell had been nudged in the back whilst jumping for the ball. No free kick was given. Chris told him he should have gone down. I should have kept my mouth shut, but did comment that he shouldn't have to (go down). The point I was trying to make was that, if referees did their job properly, it wouldn't be necessary to go down in order to get the free kick that you are entitled to. I really don't know what a player should do nowadays in this situation - or what a coach should advise. In the olden days, we would never have thought of throwing ourselves to the floor if the contact was insufficient for that to happen. We got a free kick or we got on with it. The same applied in the professional game. I'm inclined to think that that should still happen, but with the standard of modern refereeing, I'm not sure.

This is a completely different situation from the following. There is an accidental collision between two players. The one that goes to the floor is MUCH more likely to get a free kick than the one who stays on his / her feet. I think this is the situation that you are referring to and it is an example of cheating, which should not be encouraged by coaches.

To be fair it's close on impossible for "the standard of modern referees"just to keep up with play due to the fitness levels of the current pro's not to mention the speed the games now played at.

Many seem to think they are getting worse recently, I'd definitely disagree with that and i believe in the main they are of a very good standard considering what is in general a close on impossible task,then throw in the mix that many players cheat and dive at any opportunity to con the officials making it even more difficult to reach a correct decision in a split second.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024