Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Owens 20:33 - Oct 29 with 9859 viewsDarran

Please tell me I'm not the only one sick of hearing and seeing this bloke?

He's the f*cking referee FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nigel Owens on 08:24 - Oct 30 with 1668 viewsshandyjack

would he get the moronic abuse he's getting from posters here if he was straight? Amazes me how quick people are to hate on somone who has done well

Poll: Expectation for the season

Nigel Owens on 08:26 - Oct 30 with 1668 viewsCooperman

Nigel Owens on 08:07 - Oct 30 by Neath_Jack

How can you say there was no need for it?

Maybe it's his way of dealing with his situation, to make light of it? Until you are in his position, you have no idea of the demons he has had to deal with.

So what if he goes on I'm a Celeb, does that make him less of a person than you? Does it make him a poorer referee?

It's easy to knock other people isn't it.

I can say it on the basis that I don't believe it to be an appropriate comment for a professional sports field with a live TV audience of tens of thousands. I'm also fairly certain that he didn't say it because his head was screwed.

I don't have an issue with the quality of his application of the laws of rugby, I just wish we could have it without the other things that go with it.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Nigel Owens on 09:06 - Oct 30 with 1624 viewsItchySphincter

Funny how most of the posters that have him up on a pedestal have him up there because he's gay. He's a f*cking ref ffs. Who cares?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Nigel Owens on 09:08 - Oct 30 with 1623 viewsDarran

Nigel Owens on 08:24 - Oct 30 by shandyjack

would he get the moronic abuse he's getting from posters here if he was straight? Amazes me how quick people are to hate on somone who has done well

What moronic abuse?

Nigel Owens on 09:30 - Oct 30 with 1603 viewsacejack3065

Nigel Owens on 09:06 - Oct 30 by ItchySphincter

Funny how most of the posters that have him up on a pedestal have him up there because he's gay. He's a f*cking ref ffs. Who cares?

Who cares you ask? Well it appears several posters on here. Why was another Nigel Owens thread started again?
Nigel Owens on 09:33 - Oct 30 with 1592 viewsWitneyjack

Nigel Owens on 08:26 - Oct 30 by Cooperman

I can say it on the basis that I don't believe it to be an appropriate comment for a professional sports field with a live TV audience of tens of thousands. I'm also fairly certain that he didn't say it because his head was screwed.

I don't have an issue with the quality of his application of the laws of rugby, I just wish we could have it without the other things that go with it.

To be fair, the decision to mike refs up I rugby was made by the IRB . I am sure he talked to players exactly the same pror to them use. At least there is respect and no profanities on the Rugby pitch. Imagine the aural carnage if they did it in football!
Nigel Owens on 09:37 - Oct 30 with 1590 viewsPhil_S

Nigel Owens on 09:33 - Oct 30 by Witneyjack

To be fair, the decision to mike refs up I rugby was made by the IRB . I am sure he talked to players exactly the same pror to them use. At least there is respect and no profanities on the Rugby pitch. Imagine the aural carnage if they did it in football!

Quality referee, one of the very best

Not the celebrity he seems to have become

Actually smile at his football put downs it shows what he wants to be
Nigel Owens on 09:43 - Oct 30 with 1586 viewsDarran

Nigel Owens on 09:37 - Oct 30 by Phil_S

Quality referee, one of the very best

Not the celebrity he seems to have become

Actually smile at his football put downs it shows what he wants to be

All said Philip always the voice of reason.

Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Owens on 09:58 - Oct 30 with 1566 viewsDarran

Oh FFS mun.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Fan-finally-mug-rugby-ref-Nigel-Owens/st

Nigel Owens on 13:14 - Oct 30 with 1511 viewsWxmJax

Great referee.

England v New Zealand.

"same ball, I told you this last year, same ball"
mumbled reply from Owen Farrell
"oh you've forgot have you ? right, same ball"

Oh for football refs to be the same. You never see a rugby ref being told to f off. If there's one thing I'd like to see stamped out in football it would be the abuse of officials by players. A ten minute sin bin maybe ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Nigel Owens on 13:14 - Oct 30 with 1511 viewsjack247

Nigel Owens on 08:24 - Oct 30 by shandyjack

You do realise that being homosexual doesn't make him immune to criticism in his professional life? I don't like the way he always has to be the centre of attention. I'm convinced he practices his lines before televised games.

If he didn't put football down and try to make games the Nigel Owens show, I would like him. He is obviously a brilliant referee, why not just leave it at that?
Nigel Owens on 13:27 - Oct 30 with 1502 viewsjack247

Nigel Owens on 13:14 - Oct 30 by WxmJax

Great referee.

England v New Zealand.

"same ball, I told you this last year, same ball"
mumbled reply from Owen Farrell
"oh you've forgot have you ? right, same ball"

Oh for football refs to be the same. You never see a rugby ref being told to f off. If there's one thing I'd like to see stamped out in football it would be the abuse of officials by players. A ten minute sin bin maybe ?

You see footballers swearing all the time and questioning decisions aggressively, but any footballer directly telling the ref to F off is likely to get a straight red.

I do agree that the respect from players towards refs in rugby is how it should be in all team sports though.
Nigel Owens on 13:51 - Oct 30 with 1489 viewsLeonisGod

Great referee and a model for what footie refs should be aiming for imo. Seems a nice bloke too.
Nigel Owens on 14:01 - Oct 30 with 1483 viewsWxmJax

Nigel Owens on 13:27 - Oct 30 by jack247

You see footballers swearing all the time and questioning decisions aggressively, but any footballer directly telling the ref to F off is likely to get a straight red.

I do agree that the respect from players towards refs in rugby is how it should be in all team sports though.

I would love to agree with you but that's not the case. You only have to watch MOTD any saturday night to see several players swearing directly at the ref.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Nigel Owens on 14:04 - Oct 30 with 1480 viewsjack247

Nigel Owens on 14:01 - Oct 30 by WxmJax

I would love to agree with you but that's not the case. You only have to watch MOTD any saturday night to see several players swearing directly at the ref.

Ok, well a ref is well within his rights to send off anyone who tells him directly to F off. If he chooses not to, that is his issue and bad refereeing. General swearing yes, that's always going to be there, probably is in rugby too.
Nigel Owens on 14:39 - Oct 30 with 1405 viewsHighjack

I thought the refs were miked up in football, but obviously it's not broadcast on the telly. Remember there was an allegation of racism a few years ago so they went through the tapes

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Nigel Owens on 14:55 - Oct 30 with 1387 viewsperchrockjack

He s good at his job and a success so obviously tgexwelsh hate that ,hence this pitiful sniping.

As for respect ,show me anyone in football showing respect to anyone,fans, manager, referees.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Nigel Owens on 14:57 - Oct 30 with 1386 viewsjack247

Nigel Owens on 14:39 - Oct 30 by Highjack

I thought the refs were miked up in football, but obviously it's not broadcast on the telly. Remember there was an allegation of racism a few years ago so they went through the tapes

I remember them doing it for a documentary years ago at an Arsenal game. Tony Adams was at it like a trooper, but it was more fck sake and fcking hell kind of stuff than having a go at the ref. If I remember it right that is
Nigel Owens on 15:02 - Oct 30 with 1374 viewsjack247

Back to Nigel Owens, there is a plumb on my Facebook sharing a link to try and make him sports personality of the year. He is a referee for gods sake!
Nigel Owens on 15:07 - Oct 30 with 1367 viewsDarran

Nigel Owens on 15:02 - Oct 30 by jack247

Back to Nigel Owens, there is a plumb on my Facebook sharing a link to try and make him sports personality of the year. He is a referee for gods sake!

Yep and that just about sums it up for me.

Nigel Owens on 15:55 - Oct 30 with 1328 viewsJack_Kass

The problem that 'Nige', and indeed many others have, is that he fails to understand the differences between professionalism in rugby and football.

Rugby has barely been pro for 20 years and only now are they really starting to scratch the surface over what it means to have players playing for their living wage, and for a career. Inevitably their time will come when they see what the ugly side of professionalism brings . In fact I'd argue it's already been happening for years, especially at the scrum where it can't be difficult to throw a ball 2 metres straight for goodness sake, not to mention also some of their 'stars' are on PHD, but their too blind to acknowledge it could exist in their perfect sport.

If you go to a sunday league football game, you're not likely to see the 'pro' traits of diving or whatever, the players are there to play the game, if you call the ref a c**t, or dive around during a game, you'll have plenty of time to talk about it in the clubhouse afterwards. Nige has never been to a grassroots game though. He only sees the tip of the iceberg.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Nigel Owens on 19:47 - Oct 30 with 1231 viewsMillJack

Nigel Owens on 13:14 - Oct 30 by jack247

You do realise that being homosexual doesn't make him immune to criticism in his professional life? I don't like the way he always has to be the centre of attention. I'm convinced he practices his lines before televised games.

If he didn't put football down and try to make games the Nigel Owens show, I would like him. He is obviously a brilliant referee, why not just leave it at that?

Nigel Owens getting criticism from football fans for taking the mick out of of footballers diving, the exact thing that all football fans hate and want to see eradicated from the game? Some people are very precious about "their" game. You couldn't make it up.
Nigel Owens on 20:22 - Oct 30 with 1212 viewsdgt73

People are missing the point when they compare rugby and football refs. The footballing authority's could stop all the so called abuse over night - but it's not in their interests to do so.....football is an industry all on it's own.....and it's a 24 hr sport in terms of sky sports , radio etc and some controversial incidents......means more viewing figures etc......which means more wonga.....it's just theatre and the end of the day.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Nigel Owens on 21:12 - Oct 30 with 1190 viewsjack247

Nigel Owens on 19:47 - Oct 30 by MillJack

Nigel Owens getting criticism from football fans for taking the mick out of of footballers diving, the exact thing that all football fans hate and want to see eradicated from the game? Some people are very precious about "their" game. You couldn't make it up.

Not at all. Getting a cheap laugh by undermining another sport just to ingratiate himself is pathetic for someone in his position. He may have always been like it, but he should at least have the common sense not to do it on tv. It would be exactly the same if a football ref made childish snipes at rugby.
Nigel Owens on 21:14 - Oct 30 with 1184 viewsjack247

Nigel Owens on 20:22 - Oct 30 by dgt73

People are missing the point when they compare rugby and football refs. The footballing authority's could stop all the so called abuse over night - but it's not in their interests to do so.....football is an industry all on it's own.....and it's a 24 hr sport in terms of sky sports , radio etc and some controversial incidents......means more viewing figures etc......which means more wonga.....it's just theatre and the end of the day.

Are you actually suggesting that refs are under orders to let players verbally abuse them?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024