Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ref Today 18:02 - May 17 with 1485 viewsowainglyndwr

I thought he had a very good game controled things well and the players seemed to respect him.
Ok there was a pen shout at the end but the final wistle was blown
Ref Today on 18:05 - May 17 with 1467 viewsLeonisGod

Bit quick on his whistle maybe? I thought he could have let some challenges go when there was little in it. And I think he's usually one of the more lenient ones. But otherwise pretty good - although it was a good tempered game except for the cynical scything down whenever we tried to break (which if we had done would have saved at least 1 goal).
Ref Today on 18:05 - May 17 with 1464 viewsAmpadu

This is obviously a wind up and you are posting to get a reaction.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Ref Today on 18:30 - May 17 with 1397 viewsraynor94

Ref Today on 18:05 - May 17 by Ampadu

This is obviously a wind up and you are posting to get a reaction.

What reaction, Clattenberg was excellent today, and they gave Moss the FA Cup final over him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Ref Today on 18:53 - May 17 with 1366 viewsItchySphincter

He was pretty good.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ref Today on 19:20 - May 17 with 1313 viewsNeathJack

Clattenburg is the best ref in the country imho.

He was fine today apart from getting in the way of play a couple of times.
Ref Today on 19:32 - May 17 with 1288 views3swan

Interested if anyone has seen the pen call right at the end again.

Pen our not?

Did he bottle the decision?
Ref Today on 19:45 - May 17 with 1264 viewsScoobyWho

Ref Today on 18:30 - May 17 by raynor94

What reaction, Clattenberg was excellent today, and they gave Moss the FA Cup final over him

Two Man City players could easily have been sent off, one for a clear second yellow for kicking the ball away (Milner) - Battenberg conveniently looked away just as he did it to make out he didn't see it, and the Stoke City tactics of out and out fouling when we attacked could easily have seen Fernando ( whatever he is called ) given three yellows !

He gave a handful of decisions to them he didn't give to us, he probably did this unwittingly as he had his big team glasses on, I'm certain Shekevey would have been sent off had he done the same. Rangel at Sunderland is a good example.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Ref Today on 19:54 - May 17 with 1248 viewsAndy1300

Ref Today on 19:45 - May 17 by ScoobyWho

Two Man City players could easily have been sent off, one for a clear second yellow for kicking the ball away (Milner) - Battenberg conveniently looked away just as he did it to make out he didn't see it, and the Stoke City tactics of out and out fouling when we attacked could easily have seen Fernando ( whatever he is called ) given three yellows !

He gave a handful of decisions to them he didn't give to us, he probably did this unwittingly as he had his big team glasses on, I'm certain Shekevey would have been sent off had he done the same. Rangel at Sunderland is a good example.

I agree that he gave things to them that he didn't give to us, he also missed the shirt pull that should have peen a pen for us second half

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Ref Today on 20:07 - May 17 with 1218 viewscaerleon_jack

I thought Clattenberg generally did very well today, but I felt that Fernando should have gone. I know he wasn't last man, but his tackle on Barrow wasn't just cynical, it was dangerous - as shown by the fact that both players required treatment. Personally I always think that a yellow is too lenient a punishment for cynical challenges that stop an attack, but sometimes a red would be too harsh. On this occasion I felt the challenge itself was worthy of a yellow, and the fact it was done to purposefully stop an attack 'at any cost' should have led to a red. If not, Clattenberg should have booked him for playing dumb/refusing to leave the field/whatever it was that went on when they tried to sub him.

On the penalty, it was blatant, but so what, it would have taken us to 4-3 and had no impact on the result. However, I'd like to know what the ref would have done if it was 3-2 at the time...

Insert something witty here

Ref Today on 20:34 - May 17 with 1187 viewsPrivate_Partz

I agree as well. I did not think he was that good either. Turned a blind eye to a few very cynical fouls. One on the centre circle looked a straight red to me when only a yellow was dished out.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Ref Today on 20:38 - May 17 with 1168 viewsScoobyWho

Ref Today on 20:34 - May 17 by Private_Partz

I agree as well. I did not think he was that good either. Turned a blind eye to a few very cynical fouls. One on the centre circle looked a straight red to me when only a yellow was dished out.

Barrow gets this time and time again, happened at Southampton, against Arsenal ( Gyfli free kick ) Palace kicked lumps out of him and again today. I too thought it could easily have been a straight red. One chap mentioned to me there's nothing on the game so there was no point in sending him off. Chap next to him reminded us that arsenal may have an opinion on that, I thought Battenberg was too 'open minded' with Man City today, and didn't see he was actually potentially costing another club millions.
[Post edited 17 May 2015 20:39]

Ref Today on 20:40 - May 17 with 1153 viewsScoobyWho

Ref Today on 20:07 - May 17 by caerleon_jack

I thought Clattenberg generally did very well today, but I felt that Fernando should have gone. I know he wasn't last man, but his tackle on Barrow wasn't just cynical, it was dangerous - as shown by the fact that both players required treatment. Personally I always think that a yellow is too lenient a punishment for cynical challenges that stop an attack, but sometimes a red would be too harsh. On this occasion I felt the challenge itself was worthy of a yellow, and the fact it was done to purposefully stop an attack 'at any cost' should have led to a red. If not, Clattenberg should have booked him for playing dumb/refusing to leave the field/whatever it was that went on when they tried to sub him.

On the penalty, it was blatant, but so what, it would have taken us to 4-3 and had no impact on the result. However, I'd like to know what the ref would have done if it was 3-2 at the time...

Again, I'm not sure what the implications are, but one goal in the negative column could easily make a difference.

Ref Today on 09:10 - May 18 with 1002 viewsPegojack

Have to agree with this. I felt the ref was too lenient with Fernandinho when he pulled Siggy back twice in the same incident to stop us breaking upfield. That was a definite yellow in my book, which would have seen him earn a red instead of his first yellow when Clattenburg finally booked him for yet another cynical challenge to stop an attack.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 10:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024