Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cucumber in sandwiches 17:14 - Nov 12 with 4468 viewsDeano19766

Is there a point to it? Horrible stuff that ruins the taste of an otherwise perfectly good sandwich. Lettuce and tomato, maybe even a bit of mustard or mayo, I can understand. But cucumber? Really? Nah
Cucumber in sandwiches on 08:46 - Nov 13 with 1348 viewsPommyhoop

Cucumber in sandwiches on 08:39 - Nov 13 by Bluce_Ree

Cucumber is fine but f**king mayo is c*nt!

You can hardly ever buy a sandwich without the filthy fatty shit in it.

Lol .
Have to concur .I decided to get creative with cheese on toast once .
Lightly toast bread in toaster.
Liberally spread mayo on toast .
Add cheese . Splash of Lea and perrins.
Grill .

Fecking mayo did about 3 chemical reactions and ruined 3 bits of welsh rarebit.
Still ate it tho.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2014 8:54]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Cucumber in sandwiches on 08:49 - Nov 13 with 1347 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Cucumber is great in slightly dry bread.

Raw onion is best though, you can add onion to anything. Occassionally this onion may be red as a treat.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:04 - Nov 13 with 1329 viewsdoogi55

why would you put cuecumber in a sandwhich with cheese a digrace
Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:13 - Nov 13 with 1323 viewspaulparker

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:04 - Nov 13 by doogi55

why would you put cuecumber in a sandwhich with cheese a digrace

TBF Dairy Lea with Cucumber is a taste sensation for when you come home after 6 pints and there's nothing left to eat in the fridge

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:16 - Nov 13 with 1319 viewsTheBlob

If cucumbers are tasteless what about those f*cking white discs you get in chinese stir fry,water chestnuts are they?Chestnuts??They're as close to chestnuts as rat shit is to licorice.
At least you can put bits of cucumbers on your tired eyes.You try that with hot water chestnuts and you'll be screaming all the way to the 'orspital.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:16 - Nov 13 with 1319 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Grilled in that thing that looks like a lasagne but is a bit more exotic Mmmmm nom nom nom

[Post edited 13 Nov 2014 9:17]

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:21 - Nov 13 with 1310 viewsTheBlob

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:16 - Nov 13 by Metallica_Hoop

Grilled in that thing that looks like a lasagne but is a bit more exotic Mmmmm nom nom nom

[Post edited 13 Nov 2014 9:17]

Yeah,that's all right Met,ratatouille and Brinjal Bhaji.......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:24 - Nov 13 with 1305 viewsQPunkR

I think the reason most here are staunch anti-cucumber in sandwiches is you're thinking of shop-bought ones. That allows time for the devious green vegetable to make the rest of the ingredients sloppy.
Now, if you're making a fresh sandwich and add 'em in at the end. Delicioso!

And in Poland you eat cucumbers (proper cucumbers in weird shapes fresh from the ground - not the tasteless uniform shat you get here) straight up just with some salt. Tasteh.

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:30 - Nov 13 with 1296 viewswillis1980

Whats the point in cucumber?? Largely tasteless it is just a vessel for transporting water (which it is largely (90%) made up of) into the body.

They put it in sandwiches to give it a purpose, bit like they give SWP the stack of cones to lay out at training
Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:37 - Nov 13 with 1285 viewsEastR

Cucumber in sandwiches on 22:38 - Nov 12 by BrianMcCarthy

A cucumber in a sandwich with any kind of fish is a good and wholesome thing, as long as it's put in just prior to eating.

Tomatoes, on the other hand....? That's just sick.

I think it must be an Irish thing Brian, I hate both, and anything resembling else 'rabbit food' on a plate.
What I can't get about cucumbers and tomatoes is how anything that's 99% water still taste shite.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:38 - Nov 13 with 1282 viewsQPunkR

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:30 - Nov 13 by willis1980

Whats the point in cucumber?? Largely tasteless it is just a vessel for transporting water (which it is largely (90%) made up of) into the body.

They put it in sandwiches to give it a purpose, bit like they give SWP the stack of cones to lay out at training

QPR - "shit but local"

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:59 - Nov 13 with 1269 viewsPommyhoop

Cucumber in sandwiches on 09:37 - Nov 13 by EastR

I think it must be an Irish thing Brian, I hate both, and anything resembling else 'rabbit food' on a plate.
What I can't get about cucumbers and tomatoes is how anything that's 99% water still taste shite.

My eldest daughter used to call cheese and tomato sandwiches wet cheese sarnies when she was 5 or 6.and she loved them.
She's 22 now and she still loves them but she's gutted she cant get the best ones. The ones Nanny made.

edit .. she aint dead btw .Just miles away back in Blighty.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2014 11:25]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:11 - Nov 13 with 1199 viewsMrSheen

Cucumber is vile. I can even tell when it's been lying on something else and has corrupted it with its evil humours. The last thing I want is a tastier cucumber.

And don't get me started on celery...
Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:45 - Nov 13 with 1177 viewsBluce_Ree

Cucumber in sandwiches on 08:49 - Nov 13 by Metallica_Hoop

Raw onion is best though, you can add onion to anything. Occassionally this onion may be red as a treat.

Raw onion is the ultimate in c**t. It takes f*cking horrible and makes me feel sick if it's in salads, even if it's only a tiny bit and I don't even taste it.

It's f**ked.

Cook that shit or you're EVIL.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:47 - Nov 13 with 1174 viewsA40Bosh

Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:11 - Nov 13 by MrSheen

Cucumber is vile. I can even tell when it's been lying on something else and has corrupted it with its evil humours. The last thing I want is a tastier cucumber.

And don't get me started on celery...

I have an otherwise perfectly stable and happy marriage.

However, I had to recently advise Mrs A40Bosh that if she puts celery in ANY dish that is presented to me to eat, EVER AGAIN, it will be instant divorce.
Furthermore I advised her that the fact that "I cooked it differently" makes no basis for a counter argument.

Stuff should be made illegal.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:52 - Nov 13 with 1134 viewsgordanoR

Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:47 - Nov 13 by A40Bosh

However, I had to recently advise Mrs A40Bosh that if she puts celery in ANY dish that is presented to me to eat, EVER AGAIN, it will be instant divorce.
Furthermore I advised her that the fact that "I cooked it differently" makes no basis for a counter argument.

My Mother-in-law cooks a spaghetti bolognese with carrots & celery in it. Just spaghetti, mince, carrots & celery, no tomato, no garlic. It is devoid of all life, much like her really. My wife forewarns me when she has cooked the filth so I can get a curry on the way home. The bolognese goes straight in the bin.
Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:52 - Nov 13 with 1134 viewsHantsR

I quite like the cucumber sandwiches the pages serve up when I go to Buck House garden parties.
Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:59 - Nov 13 with 1125 viewspaulparker

Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:52 - Nov 13 by gordanoR

My Mother-in-law cooks a spaghetti bolognese with carrots & celery in it. Just spaghetti, mince, carrots & celery, no tomato, no garlic. It is devoid of all life, much like her really. My wife forewarns me when she has cooked the filth so I can get a curry on the way home. The bolognese goes straight in the bin.

In the immortal words of Don Logan
No, No, No, No, No, No No, No ,No
feck me Gordano, celery & Carrots in a Bolognese is plain wrong, your mother in law is plain evil
saying that I have known people to put carrots and baked beans in a chilli con carne those people need to be put against a wall and shot IMHO

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Cucumber in sandwiches on 16:48 - Nov 13 with 1112 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:45 - Nov 13 by Bluce_Ree

Raw onion is the ultimate in c**t. It takes f*cking horrible and makes me feel sick if it's in salads, even if it's only a tiny bit and I don't even taste it.

It's f**ked.

Cook that shit or you're EVIL.

Cucumber in sandwiches on 18:33 - Nov 13 with 1084 viewsDWQPR

Cucumber in sandwiches on 15:47 - Nov 13 by A40Bosh

And any cûnt a that sing songs about celery should also be shot. Love cucumber in sandwiches especially with crab or such like. Now beetroot, what the fûcking hell is all that about.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cucumber in sandwiches on 18:39 - Nov 13 with 1082 viewsted_hendrix

Cucumbers have rights you bigoted bunch of bastards.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cucumber in sandwiches on 19:36 - Nov 13 with 1050 viewsMrSheen

Cucumber in sandwiches on 08:49 - Nov 13 by Metallica_Hoop

You'd love it here in Romania. The other night I was given an amuse-bouche of a plate of giant pork scratchings and a quartered red onion.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:02 - Nov 13 with 1031 viewsLancsBushRs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024