Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday 12:02 - Sep 28 with 833 viewsWizaard

Having slept on it, I'm still of the opinion that while they were the better team( the best I've seen this season), we really should have got something out of the game.

For the first hour we were controlling it, with Cubero looking like a player, keeping it simple and finding our men at a better pace than we have been doing.

We got the goal and were looking ok, but we got into a spell of being unable to keep the ball, while dropping deeper and deeper. As a result, the likes of Hoolahan had space to play in, and we began to look ragged.

The lack of options from the bench told as the defence were being overrun. Despite that, it was galling to fall behind from an own goal and a massive deflection, both falling to Daniels. For the first, why was there no-one on either post, by the way?

The third was also unnecessary, Lundstram gifting possession, albeit a good finish to follow.

All in all, a demonstration of when you're down there, you don't get a break, plus the shortcomings in the transfer dealings there for all to see.

The spirit is still there though, and while it is, we have a chance. Defensive loan needed immediately aswell.
Yesterday on 12:34 - Sep 28 with 813 viewsOrioltwins

Can't believe Wizz that with 7 days notice and 3 games in 6 days that we didn't bring any cover in for Rentmeister - let along Clarke! Even KO would have got value for money out of a loan! I feel the lack of urgency and almost dereliction of responsibility at Bloomfield Road soul destroying. Fair play to the players but it's like we're being sent out with our feet tied together!

Poll: Will a points deduction by FL be this or next season?

Yesterday on 12:40 - Sep 28 with 809 viewsRusty2Stands

Yesterday on 12:34 - Sep 28 by Orioltwins

Can't believe Wizz that with 7 days notice and 3 games in 6 days that we didn't bring any cover in for Rentmeister - let along Clarke! Even KO would have got value for money out of a loan! I feel the lack of urgency and almost dereliction of responsibility at Bloomfield Road soul destroying. Fair play to the players but it's like we're being sent out with our feet tied together!

Could be that we have been trying to bring loans in, who knows?
But it could be that many clubs now won't touch Blackpool with a barge pole, and therefore don't want their players coming on loan?
Let's face it, the whole football community and beyond is aware of our situation.
There's been so much dirty washing hung out in public, and so much negative publicity surrounding the club.
If you were a Premier league club, would you want one of your bright young talents going on loan to Blackpool?
Yesterday on 12:41 - Sep 28 with 808 viewsPoolman

I make us a good 3 points down on where we should be Wizz - not saying we should have clearly won any game so far (aside from maybe Blackburn) but I do think we should be on a good 5/6 points. Therein lies the problem - it's all could, would or should at the moment!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Yesterday on 16:44 - Sep 28 with 745 viewsLetsbasham

I maintain the view that teams dont need to set up to win against Blackpool.....we will hand them a victory through penalties, og's, deflections, turnover of posession, poor positional play.......
Yesterday on 17:33 - Sep 28 with 718 viewsOsbourne

Nice piece Wizaad.
1 or 3 points v Middlesbrough followed by 3 v Cardiff, on what could be a very eventful night in front of the Sky cameras under lights and things could look a lot healthier.
Yesterday on 17:35 - Sep 28 with 715 viewswespens

Yesterday on 17:33 - Sep 28 by Osbourne

Nice piece Wizaad.
1 or 3 points v Middlesbrough followed by 3 v Cardiff, on what could be a very eventful night in front of the Sky cameras under lights and things could look a lot healthier.

Anyone work out why Riga started with all four attacking options this leaving us with nothing to throw on at the end?

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Yesterday on 17:45 - Sep 28 with 709 viewsOsbourne

Yesterday on 17:35 - Sep 28 by wespens

Anyone work out why Riga started with all four attacking options this leaving us with nothing to throw on at the end?

wespens,
Mr Riga is limited in his options, a very small squad. He was limited in his defensive options as well yesterday.
Miller and Ranger are a very powerful pair in the middle.
Going 1-0 up, things were working. Did we tire or lose confidence? The 1st 2 Norwich goals were very lucky.
Mr Riga must need a drink in the evenings working with Karl!
Yesterday on 17:48 - Sep 28 with 704 viewsWizaard

Yesterday on 17:45 - Sep 28 by Osbourne

wespens,
Mr Riga is limited in his options, a very small squad. He was limited in his defensive options as well yesterday.
Miller and Ranger are a very powerful pair in the middle.
Going 1-0 up, things were working. Did we tire or lose confidence? The 1st 2 Norwich goals were very lucky.
Mr Riga must need a drink in the evenings working with Karl!

We started with four attacking options to try and keep them further away from our goal where we were short. Lundstram was patently filling in while Mcmahon stood up to play centre half but wasn't fitted to the role.

We should have strengthened midweek.
Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday on 19:15 - Sep 28 with 679 viewsHodderSeasider

Yesterday on 17:48 - Sep 28 by Wizaard

We started with four attacking options to try and keep them further away from our goal where we were short. Lundstram was patently filling in while Mcmahon stood up to play centre half but wasn't fitted to the role.

We should have strengthened midweek.

Wespens, I think he chose the four attacking players, because they are all also big players, which gave us added power and strength. Most of the players on our bench yesterday would not win the physical battles.
Yesterday on 19:25 - Sep 28 with 675 viewsOsbourne

Yesterday on 19:15 - Sep 28 by HodderSeasider

Wespens, I think he chose the four attacking players, because they are all also big players, which gave us added power and strength. Most of the players on our bench yesterday would not win the physical battles.

HodderSeasider,
Yes, watching from the West Stand yesterday, that thought went through my mind.
Zoko, Miller, Ranger, Delfouneso must of looked quite a handful to the Norwich back 4.

Ranger, if you believe the 'Mirror' newspaper is on a 'money for goals' contract with Karl. Therefore, if his keenness to take the penalty v Watford is an indication, he could have some goals in him?

Lets see what happens on Tuesday and Friday nights. I'm stil holding out for 8 points by Friday night.
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:26 - Sep 28 with 675 viewsOsbourne

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:26 - Sep 28 with 675 viewsOsbourne

Yesterday on 23:34 - Sep 28 with 599 viewsCurryman

Yesterday on 19:25 - Sep 28 by Osbourne

HodderSeasider,
Yes, watching from the West Stand yesterday, that thought went through my mind.
Zoko, Miller, Ranger, Delfouneso must of looked quite a handful to the Norwich back 4.

Ranger, if you believe the 'Mirror' newspaper is on a 'money for goals' contract with Karl. Therefore, if his keenness to take the penalty v Watford is an indication, he could have some goals in him?

Lets see what happens on Tuesday and Friday nights. I'm stil holding out for 8 points by Friday night.

I honestly wish I had the optomistic views of some on here. I seem to have sat on my tangerine tinted spectacles at some time.

The players appear to be playing to their maximums in the majority of cases but that just isn't quite good enough for this division. I wonder who is at fault for that?

I would also question some of Jose Riga's substitutions in the last two games.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Yesterday on 09:16 - Sep 29 with 559 viewsstraightatthewall

Yesterday on 23:34 - Sep 28 by Curryman

I honestly wish I had the optomistic views of some on here. I seem to have sat on my tangerine tinted spectacles at some time.

The players appear to be playing to their maximums in the majority of cases but that just isn't quite good enough for this division. I wonder who is at fault for that?

I would also question some of Jose Riga's substitutions in the last two games.

I think the thing that would concern me most - apart from the obvious lack of goals - is that we are working as hard as we possibly can and still coming up short. That's basically a sign of a team that isn't good enough.

One thing I'd add is that even with our defensive injuries we are still not quite there anyway. All 3 goals were preventable. For the first, Daniels got under the cross which is why he headed it back towards his own goal. That's not bad luck, that's a mistake. For the second, Daniels was unlucky, but prior to the shot, Grabban was given far too much time and space. The third came from another error obviously.

The reality is, that to keep a clean sheet, we're going to need to be at our absolute best for the whole game in the majority of games we play. That's a big ask for a good side, let alone this one.

4 quality players needed. It's THAT simple.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Yesterday on 13:01 - Sep 29 with 530 viewsWizaard

Yesterday on 09:16 - Sep 29 by straightatthewall

I think the thing that would concern me most - apart from the obvious lack of goals - is that we are working as hard as we possibly can and still coming up short. That's basically a sign of a team that isn't good enough.

One thing I'd add is that even with our defensive injuries we are still not quite there anyway. All 3 goals were preventable. For the first, Daniels got under the cross which is why he headed it back towards his own goal. That's not bad luck, that's a mistake. For the second, Daniels was unlucky, but prior to the shot, Grabban was given far too much time and space. The third came from another error obviously.

The reality is, that to keep a clean sheet, we're going to need to be at our absolute best for the whole game in the majority of games we play. That's a big ask for a good side, let alone this one.

4 quality players needed. It's THAT simple.

Now is the time to back his man like he said last week, otherwise it will be too late.

Cost of relegation will be far greater than the short term cost of improving the team.
Yesterday on 13:10 - Sep 29 with 514 viewsstraightatthewall

Yesterday on 13:01 - Sep 29 by Wizaard

Now is the time to back his man like he said last week, otherwise it will be too late.

Cost of relegation will be far greater than the short term cost of improving the team.

You're thinking logically, like a football supporter who knows a bit and wants his team to get better.

The most important person in the current equation does none of the above.

Yesterday on 16:13 - Sep 29 with 464 viewsWizaard

Yesterday on 13:10 - Sep 29 by straightatthewall

You're thinking logically, like a football supporter who knows a bit and wants his team to get better.

The most important person in the current equation does none of the above.

We can only hope he sees sense. The forthcoming BSA forum should be telling him that.
Yesterday on 16:21 - Sep 29 with 455 viewsFountain

Yesterday on 16:13 - Sep 29 by Wizaard

We can only hope he sees sense. The forthcoming BSA forum should be telling him that.

He shouldn't need a forum to tell him that. Besides do Dictators listen to Forum's or are those Forum's tokenism?

ps not a pop at BSA btw.

slap me on the patio

Yesterday on 16:27 - Sep 29 with 449 viewsseasider13

I agree we need to get some quality in and soon, but for the life of me i cannot work out that Tom B does not even get to warm the bench,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Yesterday on 16:29 - Sep 29 with 445 viewsseasider81

Yesterday on 16:27 - Sep 29 by seasider13

I agree we need to get some quality in and soon, but for the life of me i cannot work out that Tom B does not even get to warm the bench,

Tom B isn't a Championship standard player. It really does show how desperate we are when fans start calling for the likes of Barkuizen. Will Bobby Grant be next?
Yesterday on 16:34 - Sep 29 with 439 viewsFountain

Yesterday on 16:29 - Sep 29 by seasider81

Tom B isn't a Championship standard player. It really does show how desperate we are when fans start calling for the likes of Barkuizen. Will Bobby Grant be next?

When you are on a bad run your best players are always the ones not selected. As Pool fans we are no different, but I think TB could add something different from the bench.

slap me on the patio

Yesterday on 16:34 - Sep 29 with 438 viewsstraightatthewall

Yesterday on 16:29 - Sep 29 by seasider81

On this point, I'll agree that Riga can be questioned. While I don't think Tom B is great, he's a work in progress, has pace and an eye for goal and is no worse than the likes of Zenjov.

81, has a point about desperation, but there should be a place on the bench for Tom. It would be interesting to understand why he's been sidelined like Dunne, Davies, G-Mac and Grant. Makes you wonder why all those players haven't been given a chance. Surely we need them. So what gives?

I wonder whether Tom's deal is heavily weighted in terms of game time....?

Yesterday on 16:35 - Sep 29 with 439 viewsseasider13

And our current group of players are championship standard then, is that why were doing so well.

Tom has pace and that is something we are crying out for in attack, also its all about opinions but i think Tom is a fine player at this level.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Yesterday on 18:16 - Sep 29 with 410 viewsWindyMiller

Yesterday on 16:35 - Sep 29 by seasider13

And our current group of players are championship standard then, is that why were doing so well.

Tom has pace and that is something we are crying out for in attack, also its all about opinions but i think Tom is a fine player at this level.

I think what Wizz said at the start of his post is far more pertinent than what squad is available - losing possession and getting deeper and deeper is a bad trait we have developed. There isn't enough passing and movement off the ball and our set pieces are uninspiring. We have to do the basics before we will win games.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024