Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread 00:13 - Sep 27 with 21068 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 14:47]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Sep 27 with 1501 viewsbonwif

well we need win soon to boost our confidence again
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Sep 27 with 1498 viewsJACKARSE

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:56 - Sep 27 by SgorioFruit

a good point in the end!!

we would have won this game had Montero started.

oh well such is life.

Bony should have started too .....
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Sep 27 with 1494 viewsperchrockjack

FAB is a huge upgrade on the sometimes cowardly Vorm.
He certainly is 100 times braver and his handling is excellent giving us more confidence surely

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Sep 27 with 1456 viewshooplehead

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Sep 27 by perchrockjack

He certainly is 100 times braver and his handling is excellent giving us more confidence surely

yes

he's been wonderful

i never feel yipsee with him in the nets

massive improvement
no punching when he could catch it and stuff
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Sep 27 with 1456 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:59 - Sep 27 by exiledclaseboy

A point and a clean sheet away from home. Happy days.

I look forward to reading many people convince themselves how terrible a result it is/how awful we were tomorrow morning.

Nah. Great point - shit performance, awful game.

Nobody died. Move on.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Sep 27 with 1436 viewsZut_Alors

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Sep 27 by perchrockjack

Agree. I'm a big fan, Perch. There was a point he dived for a ball and I grimaced thinking the winger was gonna crack him with a boot to the face. Sign of a top keeper that, putting body on the line. Vorm looked as though he was saving himself for the World Cup.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 17:04]
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Sep 27 with 1422 viewsphact0rri

I thought it was one of the worst shows of form all season tbh. I don't know if its because Sunderland's back line are just that good (which could be give thier drawing form) but there was space to be had. I wish Jeff came on earlier because that space on the wide flank seemed to close in before he came on.

But that red on Rangel was ridiclous. If anyone was waging for a send off I'd assumed it to be ash over rangel. And that second yellow looked like a clash that he can't get away from. a collison he had to do because its his job. Rangel did not deserve the send off.

Oh well one point is better than no points... but on a better day we would have aced this match. good thing Sunderland apparently haven't the creativity in front or we'd have lost.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Sep 27 with 1406 viewsfootball2301

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:56 - Sep 27 by Catullus

Rangel's second yellow was harsh. Our midfield was quite poor today. We didn't create much.
And with all that, yes a good, hard earned point.

Bony took a couple of chances trying to run the ball from deep though!! And Montero didn't run at the full back like I hoped.
But you can't have it all. Looks like Jazz is starting against Newcastle.

What are you talking about our midfield were poor today they gave the ball to our wide players plenty of times who fcked it up time and again or played into go is who either turned and shot or lost it so no the wide players and go is were poor but a point we probably wouldn't of got last year I can't remember shelvey giving ball away once
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Sep 27 with 1403 viewsSpratty

Importantly also denied Sunderland 2 points
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Sep 27 with 1391 viewsjacksinceever

We'll finish the day 4th or 5th, which considering that game is a good outcome
10 points from 6 games, including Chelsea & Man U away, is not a bad start.
A shame that really we'd have all hoped for 4pts from the last two games, but still
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:06 - Sep 27 with 1363 viewsDarran

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Sep 27 by jacksinceever

A shame that really we'd have all hoped for 4pts from the last two games, but still

Is this the best PL start under any manager?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 27 with 1356 viewskarnataka

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Sep 27 by jacksinceever

Next 3 all winnable though.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 27 with 1355 viewsexiledclaseboy

Another game we probably would have lost comfortably last season.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 27 with 1344 viewsC_jack

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 27 by exiledclaseboy

Another game we probably would have lost comfortably last season.

Why is that?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 17:08]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Sep 27 with 1341 viewsjacksinceever

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:05 - Sep 27 by Spratty

Importantly also denied Sunderland 2 points

With respect, why does that matter? We lost two points looking at the game hypothetically, although i reality we were glad to take the point
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Sep 27 with 1316 viewsUxbridge

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:59 - Sep 27 by exiledclaseboy

A point and a clean sheet away from home. Happy days.

I look forward to reading many people convince themselves how terrible a result it is/how awful we were tomorrow morning.

Result more than acceptable. Performance as poor as I can remember. Disjointed, unable to make three consecutive passes and some very strange long balls.

Still, we get a point and move on. Phew.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Sep 27 with 1292 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Sep 27 by WarwickHunt

Nah. Great point - shit performance, awful game.

Nobody died. Move on.

Great point - wouldn't call it shit - not at our free flowing best, but they were pretty niggly and the game was very stop start which tends not to work for us (never like him as a ref).

Would start Montero next game - he looks very special.

Solid defending - Fabianski is a great keeper and thought Fernandez is getting better each game. I'm miles less nervous with corners etc than last year - we have definitely tightened up and the keeper makes such a difference.

Not easy to grind out these results, particularly when down to ten (stupid yellow, never a red in a million years) so all in all a good day. A few 'big teams' will be happy to come away from there with a point this year.

10 points from 6 games is a great return (particularly when we've already played 2 of the 'big teams' away).
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Sep 27 with 1292 viewsdailew

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Sep 27 by football2301

What are you talking about our midfield were poor today they gave the ball to our wide players plenty of times who fcked it up time and again or played into go is who either turned and shot or lost it so no the wide players and go is were poor but a point we probably wouldn't of got last year I can't remember shelvey giving ball away once

Indeed. JJS was superb today. Did some good defensive work as well with a great block and a tackle in the box late on.

Gylfi was a bit disappointing.

Jury still out on Fernandez for me.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Sep 27 with 1290 viewsicecoldjack

Considering we were very poor overall this is a fantastic point . Nobody played great but everyone worked, jonjo and fabianski were the pick for me.

Bony must start though! Gomis will be decent enough but Wilf is a level above and this game was made for him, when he came on straight away the ball started to stick and we could build play.

Montero is also pushing hard though both routs and dyer havent done much wrong.

Really pleased with a point, only one other team has beat them this season so we have to look at it as a good result but meh performance.
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Sep 27 with 1286 viewsperchrockjack

It matters probably because Sunderland are seen as a club in the "same league as us".

Its all about points really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Sep 27 with 1272 viewsjacksinceever

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 27 by karnataka

Next 3 all winnable though.

I was just about to post that Leicester are no mugs - then I saw how they got on today!
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Sep 27 with 1270 viewsC_jack

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:10 - Sep 27 by dailew

Indeed. JJS was superb today. Did some good defensive work as well with a great block and a tackle in the box late on.

Gylfi was a bit disappointing.

Jury still out on Fernandez for me.

Stick to the arrows.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2014 17:11]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Sep 27 with 1270 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 27 by C_jack

Why is that?

Because it was the type of game we were losing comfortably last season.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Sep 27 with 1264 viewskarnataka

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:07 - Sep 27 by C_jack

Why is that?

A team below us in the table has dropped 2 home points in a game they would have seen as winnable. Until we are safe, that's a positive. Are you unable to see that's a good thing then?
The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:12 - Sep 27 with 1246 viewsSpratty

The Official Sunderland v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Sep 27 by jacksinceever

With respect, why does that matter? We lost two points looking at the game hypothetically, although i reality we were glad to take the point

It could matter very much at the end of the season.

Certainly you can look at it as glass half empty as 2 points lost but as far as I could make out Sunderland looked the more likely. So it is very important to hang on I would say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024