Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we cash in on Bony? 09:54 - May 2 with 4548 viewsajmcglashan

I know no one wants to see him go (including myself) but there are business reasons why it may make sense to sell now...

http://bit.ly/Sgtuuc

Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:07 - May 2 with 3169 viewsouttolunch

I think the question should be . What offer would make us think about selling him ?
Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:08 - May 2 with 3158 viewsjaf69

if we can keep him, we should keep him. simples!

by the way your blog post only states players who have had a good season at a club then failed the next, there are just as many (probably even more) cases of strikers staying with a club and still doing well. it would of been more balanced a post if you had used some of those examples too.
Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:13 - May 2 with 3134 viewsajmcglashan

Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:08 - May 2 by jaf69

if we can keep him, we should keep him. simples!

by the way your blog post only states players who have had a good season at a club then failed the next, there are just as many (probably even more) cases of strikers staying with a club and still doing well. it would of been more balanced a post if you had used some of those examples too.

Well I do say that its a one sided look at this and acknowledge Lukaku and Suarez as recent examples of players who have performed after a second season. Want to give me some examples of players who have been in the top 5 scorers in the PL who weren't already big money moves?
Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:14 - May 2 with 3131 viewsajmcglashan

Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:13 - May 2 by ajmcglashan

Well I do say that its a one sided look at this and acknowledge Lukaku and Suarez as recent examples of players who have performed after a second season. Want to give me some examples of players who have been in the top 5 scorers in the PL who weren't already big money moves?

Sorry - meant in the top 5 scorers for two seasons running that weren't already big money moves
Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:15 - May 2 with 3130 viewsJackoBoostardo

I think the question should be - Even though there are multiple threads on this already, should I make another?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:15 - May 2 with 3130 viewstomdickharry

No simple as that,however,if an offer of around £25/£30M were laid on the table then consideration would have to be given in respect of a sum as large as that.
Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:25 - May 2 with 3099 viewsperchrockjack

Here is a business reason.
We get real support for him, sort Michu out one way or other and get our defence to concentrate whole game.
We then progress as a club and finish the table higher and possibly win a trophy. ITS about time we won the FA Cup.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:34 - May 2 with 3071 viewsBrockley_Jack

Of the top four teams in the premier, only two have seemingly managed to sort out a decent striker/strike force. Man city and Liverpool. Arsenal and chelsea just cannot get it right. How on earth would anyone want to gamble with swansea' 20 goal a season goal scorer and gamble another might be found to replace him?
Login to get fewer ads

Should we cash in on Bony? on 10:45 - May 2 with 3037 viewsDyfnant

We have a player we know is as good in his position as we are likely to ever have. Even if offered double our money, the replacement could cost us £12M again and be a failure for numerous reasons. Only way I'd sell would be if he was in the last year of his contract

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Should we cash in on Bony? on 11:40 - May 2 with 2950 viewsicecoldjack

Forgive my bluntness but in what world would cashing in on bony make any sense ?

If he wants to leave fair enough,get the best price. But players like him don't grow on trees and judging by the fact middlesbough and falkirk don't have any decent players left I'd say we'd struggle to replace him !
Should we cash in on Bony? on 11:42 - May 2 with 2948 viewsQuakerJack

NO!!! Spurs cashed in on Bale, say no more. He's priceless to us at the moment.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Should we cash in on Bony? on 11:54 - May 2 with 2923 viewsajmcglashan

Should we cash in on Bony? on 11:40 - May 2 by icecoldjack

Forgive my bluntness but in what world would cashing in on bony make any sense ?

If he wants to leave fair enough,get the best price. But players like him don't grow on trees and judging by the fact middlesbough and falkirk don't have any decent players left I'd say we'd struggle to replace him !

Didn't we say the exact same thing about Michu this time last year?
Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:05 - May 2 with 2905 viewsStarsky

If we sold Bony without putting up a fight to keep him, then you can bet that others will look to leave due to the club's lack of ambition. Don't sell, it's not premier manager ffs. We don't need to sell.

It's just the internet, init.

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:21 - May 2 with 2874 viewsQuakerJack

Should we cash in on Bony? on 11:54 - May 2 by ajmcglashan

He's been injured.... what's to say Bony will be layed up for most of next season? Michu would be firing if he'd stayed fit.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:24 - May 2 with 2866 viewsCeejay

Unless he says he wants his chance at ANother club it would be madness to let him leave. Different case to Michu who caught everyone by surprise with his immediate impact at QPR. Bony didnt properly have a preseason but has now integrated into our most important player. The difference between Premiership and Championship is around 80million in income terms and Huw is shrewd enough to know it.
Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:31 - May 2 with 2856 viewsJokeren1943

No one is bigger then the club. If Swansea get an outstanding offer on Bony, which give the club the oppotunity to make the club even stronger, then without Bony, they should offcause do it.

Atletico Madrid have a long tradition of buying strikers cheap and sell them for mega cash which have given Atletico the ability, over time, to built an outstanding collective.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 12:41]
Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:35 - May 2 with 2845 viewsMrSwerve

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:31 - May 2 by Jokeren1943

No one is bigger then the club. If Swansea get an outstanding offer on Bony, which give the club the oppotunity to make the club even stronger, then without Bony, they should offcause do it.

Atletico Madrid have a long tradition of buying strikers cheap and sell them for mega cash which have given Atletico the ability, over time, to built an outstanding collective.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 12:41]

Yay we'll be the richest club in the championship.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:48 - May 2 with 2808 viewsJackSomething

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:35 - May 2 by MrSwerve

Yes, because selling Torres, Aguero and Falcao over the last few years has really hurt Atletico hasn't it?

Of course we shouldn't look to 'cash in' on Bony, but if a club comes calling that meets the club's valuation of him, then off he'll go. There are very few clubs who aren't in that situation. The trick is to spend the money wisely like Atletico, not like Spurs.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:49 - May 2 with 2804 viewsdeanscfc

Bottom line is that he's already expressed his desire to play for a champions league club (earlier in the season - daily mail article). So if a big club comes we'll be forced to think about it.

The guy is a winner and wants to play at the top level. Would be great if we can keep him for another year but if a big club calls then we'd have to demand 22-25 million.
Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:49 - May 2 with 2803 viewsDrizzy

We won't get a big enough offer this summer to justify selling him. Next season could be a different story though.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:50 - May 2 with 2799 viewsJokeren1943

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:35 - May 2 by MrSwerve

Guess they thought the same thing in Atletico when they sold Falcao to Monarco for 45-50 million pound in 2013.

Now they have Diego Costa.

Who has said it would be easy (to find a prober replacement).
Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:53 - May 2 with 2787 viewsJackSomething

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:49 - May 2 by Drizzy

We won't get a big enough offer this summer to justify selling him. Next season could be a different story though.

I'm in agreement with that, especially in light of the sophomore seasons that Michu and Benteke have had after big money moves were suggested for them last summer.

I do have one caveat to that though. If Bony has a storming World Cup, that could change the situation for this summer.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:57 - May 2 with 2773 viewsGriffting

Should we cash in on Bony? on 13:27 - May 2 with 2725 viewsicecoldjack

Should we cash in on Bony? on 11:54 - May 2 by ajmcglashan

You might have .

Michu was doing ok until injured at Cardiff.scored vital goals at palace away Valencia away etc,etc.

If you sell your best players nobody with ambition will come to you and the only way you eventually go is down.

As I said , if a player wants away fair enough get the best price ,michu didn't want to leave so we kept him and that was the right thing to do.

It sends out the wrong message if you sell the family silver.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 13:29]
Should we cash in on Bony? on 13:32 - May 2 with 2715 viewsicecoldjack

Should we cash in on Bony? on 12:48 - May 2 by JackSomething

Yes, because selling Torres, Aguero and Falcao over the last few years has really hurt Atletico hasn't it?

Of course we shouldn't look to 'cash in' on Bony, but if a club comes calling that meets the club's valuation of him, then off he'll go. There are very few clubs who aren't in that situation. The trick is to spend the money wisely like Atletico, not like Spurs.

We are not athletic Madrid though we are Swansea city.

It's a little bit more difficult for us to get top quality.

Athletic signed David villa from Barcelona as a replacement didn't they?

If we can sign a cast off from Barcelona then by all means sell sell sell...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024