Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Video from 1950s & Early 1960s (Mostly Stuff Not Previously Seen I Think) 17:25 - Mar 27 with 2193 viewsqprreport

As always apologies when I occasionally post such thinks/links

If you click at:

http://www.qprreportblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/qpr-in-history-qpr-videos-from-192

Find links to various Video Snippets

- Video: 1923 QPR vs Sheffield United

- Video II: 1923 QPR vs Sheffield United

- Video: 1962 QPR vs Newport

- Video: 1948: QPR vs Derby County

- Video: 1958 QPR vs Southampton

- 1962 Video Interview with QPR Manager Alec Stock

- Video: 1962 QPR vs Hinckley

- VIDEO: Last Kick of the Game Winner for QPR - In 1974, QPR Played Coventry in the FA Cup Fifth Round. Moving Into Injury Time, at 2-2 Stan Bowles Took the Free Kick( Parkes - Hazell Mclintock Mancini Clement - Venables Leach Francis, Thomas Bowles Givens.)

- 1981: QPR Go Plastic - The Opening Game vs Luton

- 1948: Athlete McDonald Bailey trains for Olympic competition: Sprinter Emmanuel McDonald Bailey begins training for the 1948 London Summer Olympics with the Queens Park Rangers football club

- Video (Silent): A Younger Jim Gregory Talking about Selling Phil Parkes (Lip Readers Only!)

- 1962 Brentford Fans Protesting Planned Merger with QPR

- Video: Martin Allen Being Fined for Being with His Baby:

http://www.qprreportblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/qpr-in-history-qpr-videos-from-192

www.qprreport.blogspot.com & http://qprreport.proboards.com

QPR Video from 1950s & Early 1960s (Mostly Stuff Not Previously Seen I Think) on 18:51 - Mar 27 with 2155 viewsW7Ranger

Just seen the Alec Stock interview and I've never heard him speak before.

I know that Paul Whitehouse's character "Ron Manager" was based on Alec Stock - and having seen that clip, now I know why!!

QPR Video from 1950s & Early 1960s (Mostly Stuff Not Previously Seen I Think) on 20:32 - Mar 27 with 2119 viewsrongould

Very interseting stuff. I saw a few of those games.

1948 v Derby. Their team was full of internationals, don't see him in shot but I'm sure the great Raich Carter played. Their goal was offside. Wonderful to see Ivor Powell and Reg Allen Crowd 28,354

1958 v Southampton, this was the period when we had given up the hoopd and played in a terrible kit we drew 2-2 crowd 11,287

1962 v Newport we won 4-0 Crowd 7,813

1962 v Hinkley, Round 2 FA Cup we won 7-2 Crowd 13,008

The last two were played at White City Stadium

The Coventry Game in 1974 was a 5th Round replay, first game was 0-0
We won this one 3-2, as you see with the last kick from a free kick. There were 28,010 in Loftus Road that night. I was standing in the middle of The Loft, right behind the goal and half way up the terrace. Not i, nor any of the people around me saw the ball go in the net. We had no idea what had happened, until we saw the players hugging each other. People were saying, " did we score?" "did we just win it?" It was amazing.

This is the first time I have actually seen that goal, and I was there.

We were knocked out of the Cup in the next round, at home, by Leicester 2-0.
I was one of the incredible 34,078 that shoehorned into HQ that night.

That was the season Manure got relegated.

The next season we beat the scum 3-0 and 1-0 and they got relegated.

QPR Video from 1950s & Early 1960s (Mostly Stuff Not Previously Seen I Think) on 20:42 - Mar 27 with 2108 viewsqprreport

QPR Video from 1950s & Early 1960s (Mostly Stuff Not Previously Seen I Think) on 20:32 - Mar 27 by rongould

Very interseting stuff. I saw a few of those games.

1948 v Derby. Their team was full of internationals, don't see him in shot but I'm sure the great Raich Carter played. Their goal was offside. Wonderful to see Ivor Powell and Reg Allen Crowd 28,354

1958 v Southampton, this was the period when we had given up the hoopd and played in a terrible kit we drew 2-2 crowd 11,287

1962 v Newport we won 4-0 Crowd 7,813

1962 v Hinkley, Round 2 FA Cup we won 7-2 Crowd 13,008

The last two were played at White City Stadium

The Coventry Game in 1974 was a 5th Round replay, first game was 0-0
We won this one 3-2, as you see with the last kick from a free kick. There were 28,010 in Loftus Road that night. I was standing in the middle of The Loft, right behind the goal and half way up the terrace. Not i, nor any of the people around me saw the ball go in the net. We had no idea what had happened, until we saw the players hugging each other. People were saying, " did we score?" "did we just win it?" It was amazing.

This is the first time I have actually seen that goal, and I was there.

We were knocked out of the Cup in the next round, at home, by Leicester 2-0.
I was one of the incredible 34,078 that shoehorned into HQ that night.

That was the season Manure got relegated.

The next season we beat the scum 3-0 and 1-0 and they got relegated.

Some amazing memories you have...

I was also there at that FA Cup Game vs Coventry....Was in South Africa Road ....Near where Bowles took the free kick...He took the kick...Goal...game over ...and by time got home, the TV broadcast was over...And I've looked for years on youtube for that goal...

And then came Joe Waters' Leicester in the Quarter Final!!

www.qprreport.blogspot.com & http://qprreport.proboards.com

QPR Video from 1950s & Early 1960s (Mostly Stuff Not Previously Seen I Think) on 21:35 - Mar 27 with 2084 viewsflynnbo

I, too, was at that Coventry game and remember I had to do my homework (and I still remember the homework!) before my late father let me go. It was a great game and a marvellous atmosphere. I was so disappointed at that Leicester game as Shilton always seemed to play a blinder and Joe Waters was a replacement, I believe. There was a preview on Football Focus where Junior Campbell said he was off to watch us thrash Leicester. Their fans goaded us at the end and I was so annoyed I ran down to the front only for my dad to shout at me to come back. Oh, the memories!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024