Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread 14:40 - Aug 6 with 48329 viewsMonkey_Roots

This could be my first and last.

Firstly, last season's lasting legacy will hopefully last long into Marti's first full season.

At long last, and for the first time in ages, there's more positivity sprinkled around, and as such, the first game of this season certainly feels a lot less doom-laden than the last first game of last season.

Lastly, I think Varane will get his first taste of the Championship in his first start, nabbing his first goal, and his first MOM award, in this his first game in England.

Long may it last.

1-1
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 10:00 - Aug 7 with 4217 viewssaxbend

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 09:32 - Aug 7 by Monkey_Roots

If I get it wrong, no drama, I'm still a div.

If I get it right though - wow - I'll be showered with gifts from all of you I'm sure.

Right, right?... guys?

Do you mean gifs?
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 10:40 - Aug 7 with 4070 viewsBluce_Ree

Baggies? How about a bag of DICKS served up by the finest Supers.

2-0 to us.

Disclaimer: I don't believe this but it's comforting to imagine we could win.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 11:59 - Aug 7 with 3912 viewsaston_hoop

0-0

Nardi
Dunne
Cook
JCS
Paal
Field
Colback
Andersen
Smyth
Kolli
Celar.

Nardi MOTM

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 12:32 - Aug 7 with 3826 viewsSpaceman_P

hopefully there won't be anything hiding in the baggies' trousers to ruin our first game.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 12:36 - Aug 7 with 3806 viewsDannyPaddox

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 12:32 - Aug 7 by Spaceman_P

hopefully there won't be anything hiding in the baggies' trousers to ruin our first game.

Absolutely
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 22:25 - Aug 7 with 3497 viewsVancouverHoop

Disappointing that KO is 4:30am in this time zone (it's never the same watching it on rerun.) Consequently I hope it'll be a bit of a yawner, 1–1 perhaps.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 00:33 - Aug 8 with 3439 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 22:54 - Aug 6 by vanrrrr

1-1 . A slow and steady start

I do also hope there is no aggro about. Got a dread feeling that right wing wrong uns will use football to further stir up this nonsense. Hope i am wrong.

I just spent an hour watching disturbing video clips fron England and I would be stunned if games are not effected this weekend .Hoping this is not the case but it looks too aggressive and dangerous right now so take care everybody going out to LF saturday.
Having said all that I think we will actually win this one and start the new season off with a bank.
QPR 1 WBA 0
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 00:39 - Aug 8 with 3426 viewsfraserc

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 22:25 - Aug 7 by VancouverHoop

Disappointing that KO is 4:30am in this time zone (it's never the same watching it on rerun.) Consequently I hope it'll be a bit of a yawner, 1–1 perhaps.

Yeah, living on Vancouver Island I have the same issue as you. I will be getting up at 4:30am, however, since it is the first of the season and I am bang up for it. Also, with the Sky TV rights, I think it is something that we have to get used to on a semi-regular basis.

0-0
Login to get fewer ads

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 02:49 - Aug 8 with 3380 viewsVancouverHoop

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 00:39 - Aug 8 by fraserc

Yeah, living on Vancouver Island I have the same issue as you. I will be getting up at 4:30am, however, since it is the first of the season and I am bang up for it. Also, with the Sky TV rights, I think it is something that we have to get used to on a semi-regular basis.

0-0

You're a more dedicated man than I am! At 76 I need a full night's kip.

DaZN generally takes the Sky games, which aren't a problem as I can watch them on delay. But QPR+ makes us wait until the next day before they upload them.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 08:07 - Aug 8 with 3304 viewsB_Wad

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 02:49 - Aug 8 by VancouverHoop

You're a more dedicated man than I am! At 76 I need a full night's kip.

DaZN generally takes the Sky games, which aren't a problem as I can watch them on delay. But QPR+ makes us wait until the next day before they upload them.

I'm in Pacific Daylight Time as well but with the new television deal CBS Sports Network is showing the games in the US live on television. I have QPR plus but am recording the television broadcast and will watch when I wake up. Looks like they are also airing the Rs-- Sheffield U game
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 08:55 - Aug 8 with 3256 viewsdutch

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 00:33 - Aug 8 by CLAREMAN1995

I just spent an hour watching disturbing video clips fron England and I would be stunned if games are not effected this weekend .Hoping this is not the case but it looks too aggressive and dangerous right now so take care everybody going out to LF saturday.
Having said all that I think we will actually win this one and start the new season off with a bank.
QPR 1 WBA 0

I think the response in Walthamstow yesterday showed that in London at least the far right are not going to make a major impact. They won't go anywhere near Shepherds Bush, so I wouldn't worry about your safety going to HQ.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 10:23 - Aug 8 with 3174 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

I'm going 0-0 and a boring one at that with a pre-season feel. I think we still lack creativity, especially without Chair but we are solid defensively.
But we will see the proper Rangers of the season in September/October.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 11:43 - Aug 8 with 3064 viewsmonners1969

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 09:32 - Aug 7 by Monkey_Roots

If I get it wrong, no drama, I'm still a div.

If I get it right though - wow - I'll be showered with gifts from all of you I'm sure.

Right, right?... guys?

1-1 Jimmy Dunne with the goal - i Just dont see us scoring more than 1 a game... which is a big worry....
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 11:57 - Aug 8 with 3023 viewsconnell10

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 00:33 - Aug 8 by CLAREMAN1995

QPR 1 WBA 0

Nah mate they will all be fighting each other this weekend....Millwall, Luton , Leeds etc .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 15:52 - Aug 8 with 2823 viewsVancouverHoop

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 08:07 - Aug 8 by B_Wad

I'm in Pacific Daylight Time as well but with the new television deal CBS Sports Network is showing the games in the US live on television. I have QPR plus but am recording the television broadcast and will watch when I wake up. Looks like they are also airing the Rs-- Sheffield U game

Cheers. CBS Sports isn't available locally, but YouTube Plus is streaming their feed, so I'll look into it.

[update] Sadly YouTube Plus isn't available in Canada either :(
[Post edited 8 Aug 16:16]
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 17:29 - Aug 8 with 2736 viewsMonkey_Roots

Nevermind
[Post edited 8 Aug 19:41]
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 18:54 - Aug 8 with 2689 viewsconnell10

Didn't realise West Broms friendly form has been as bad as ours but against lesser opposition....might have to change my prediction.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 20:54 - Aug 8 with 2535 viewsLogman

Bit annoying that we don't seem to be starting the season with a stronger looking 11 but its been like that for ages. Even in 2011/12 I seem to remember we added Tommy Smith, Fitz Hall, Routledge and a few loanees after we started so hopefully this season goes the same way.

1-1. Kolli.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 21:03 - Aug 8 with 2512 viewsfraserc

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 18:54 - Aug 8 by connell10

Didn't realise West Broms friendly form has been as bad as ours but against lesser opposition....might have to change my prediction.

I know this might bite me in the ass when WBA stuff us 4-0, but the Birmingham City friendly is a real hoot
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 21:29 - Aug 8 with 2437 viewsRanger_Things

1-0 Rangers.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 10:49 - Aug 9 with 2092 viewsFredManRave

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 10:23 - Aug 8 by BlackAndGoldRanger

I'm going 0-0 and a boring one at that with a pre-season feel. I think we still lack creativity, especially without Chair but we are solid defensively.
But we will see the proper Rangers of the season in September/October.

This for the two obvious situations of having a srong defence with a much improved keeper (let's not go there) but just can't see the goals coming with a new striker and with no Chair.

I'd take a 0-0 and agree with the poster that we'll steadily improve as the team improves with a couple more signings hopefully and they then all understand and buy in to Martiball.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 16:34 - Aug 9 with 1858 viewsdmm

I'm pleased to hear Marti in his pre match interview name Steve Cook as captain. I think most of us will be happy about that. He also said Field or Chair would deputise should Cook not be available.
The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 17:12 - Aug 9 with 1788 viewsQPR_Hibs

Well this is par for the course (from the BBC Sport website)

West Bromwich Albion midfielder Jayson Molumby has accepted a violent conduct charge for punching an opponent during a behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly.

Molumby has been fined £16,000 and suspended from the club’s next five friendly matches for misconduct - but is free to play for Albion in their season opener at Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 17:18 - Aug 9 with 1750 viewsMick_S

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 17:12 - Aug 9 by QPR_Hibs

Well this is par for the course (from the BBC Sport website)

West Bromwich Albion midfielder Jayson Molumby has accepted a violent conduct charge for punching an opponent during a behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly.

Molumby has been fined £16,000 and suspended from the club’s next five friendly matches for misconduct - but is free to play for Albion in their season opener at Queens Park Rangers on Saturday.

He scores.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Hoops vs The Baggies Match Thread on 19:28 - Aug 9 with 1621 viewsMalintabuk

Think it will be 0-0 and if WBA go in front I can't see us really breaking them down
Will he start Dykes as I believe he is fit.... but can't see it myself.
Glad Cook is captain, can't though understand why he wasn't in the friendlies, that seems a strange decision to me
Praying for an early goal and holding out for a win...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024