Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes in midfield? 18:09 - Dec 30 with 4939 viewssevenhoop

How about this? We put Dykes in midfield , thought he did well when moved there last night. Where he can use his massive energy bank, is right footed, can offer much more going forward than the others, and it’s hardly a loss to lose him out of the forward line. And as our striking options are so limited, a flexible 4-6-0?
Dykes in midfield? on 11:58 - Jan 15 with 617 viewsflynnbo

Dykes in midfield? on 10:11 - Jan 15 by ParkRoyalR

It's mindless, same as grief Kakay gets and of late Dunne, it's group think bordering on herd mentality.

Warburton bought Dykes to play a role in a system, that system has now changed.

Clarke plays Dykes ahead of better strikers to play a key role in his system, knowing your 11 best players don't necessarily make you the best team (otherwise Larkeche would be be starting for us)

It's a bit like buying Sam Field and criticising him for not being a creative midfielder or scoring enough, mindless.

We have a few players who wear our shirt with pride, more often than not Dykes is in this small group.

Dykes has never been prolific but he also had spells alongside goalscorers like Austin and Gray. Hardly a surprise that the goals have dried up with those two gone and Willock who has either lost form or is carrying an injury or cba or a combination of all four. So, as I've mentioned on here before, to go into a such an important season with just Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman as our strikeforce then relegation is a certainty with our fragile defence added to the cocktail of sorrow.

Edit: Field and Chair also come in for abuse from some of our "fans" at matches
[Post edited 15 Jan 12:11]
Dykes in midfield? on 12:18 - Jan 15 with 547 viewsParkRoyalR

Dykes in midfield? on 11:58 - Jan 15 by flynnbo

Dykes has never been prolific but he also had spells alongside goalscorers like Austin and Gray. Hardly a surprise that the goals have dried up with those two gone and Willock who has either lost form or is carrying an injury or cba or a combination of all four. So, as I've mentioned on here before, to go into a such an important season with just Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman as our strikeforce then relegation is a certainty with our fragile defence added to the cocktail of sorrow.

Edit: Field and Chair also come in for abuse from some of our "fans" at matches
[Post edited 15 Jan 12:11]

Yes, in the same way Eze did, beyond belief.

I get the odd tut or moan about Field (with early yellow cards) and Chair (with late release of ball) but to abuse these two is beyond belief, we're lucky to have them both.
Dykes in midfield? on 15:03 - Jan 15 with 412 viewsmart_Goblin

Dykes in midfield? on 12:18 - Jan 15 by ParkRoyalR

Yes, in the same way Eze did, beyond belief.

I get the odd tut or moan about Field (with early yellow cards) and Chair (with late release of ball) but to abuse these two is beyond belief, we're lucky to have them both.

Not seen any abuse on here . Criticism for sure and maybe the odd Micky taking which is also understandable but not outright abuse .
It’s why I’m on here and don’t have a social media account .
On the flip side these players can’t stand criticism, I know that first hand when actually it’s part of their job. Not abuse, but saying Field can’t pass forward , Kakay ball watch’s or Dykes’ movement is poor isn’t abuse . It’s hundreds of us observing facts .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024