Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which Car Do You Take? 08:32 - Mar 21 with 6215 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's Tweets like this that make me fall behind my work before I've even started...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Which Car Do You Take? on 22:09 - Mar 21 with 1661 viewswombat

Which Car Do You Take? on 16:04 - Mar 21 by loftboy

I’ll be 90 that year!

Delorean for me , pop back to the night Dave bulstrode was with his female companion and take him out for curry instead of letting him stay at home to play hide the sausage , no heart attack and the future may of have been very diff for us .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Which Car Do You Take? on 22:48 - Mar 21 with 1631 viewsHunterhoop

Bond
Starsky and Hutch
Ghostbusters.
Which Car Do You Take? on 23:14 - Mar 21 with 1613 viewsPunteR

Monday to Friday I'd take A- Team . Can get an 8 by 4 sheet in the back no problem .
Weekends I'd take Knightrider.
" KITT, where are you buddy..? Last oders just rang and we need to get to Lord of the Grills Kebabs straight after"

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Which Car Do You Take? on 00:09 - Mar 22 with 1585 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m not mad about cars but Ed Straker’s in UFO was very cool. Well it was to an impressionable 7 year-old.
Which Car Do You Take? on 07:30 - Mar 22 with 1506 viewsPunteR

I used to think the silver Ford Capri in The Professionals was pretty cool.
Magnum PI Ferrari .
Loved the motor in Starsky and Hutch

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Which Car Do You Take? on 08:18 - Mar 22 with 1483 viewsEsox_Lucius

Which Car Do You Take? on 09:02 - Mar 21 by RamseyR

For me it has to be the Dukes of Hazzard General Lee Dodge Charger.
Purely for the noise of a full fat muscle car

Imagine ECTO 1 with an R/T Hellcat motor dropped in? or a massive Lingenfelter 705 lump?

The grass is always greener.

Which Car Do You Take? on 10:27 - Mar 22 with 1434 viewsSonofpugwash

A mate of my brother( a racing driver called Chris White) had a Lotus Seven,always fancied one of those.
My American cousin Jill was over one time,very prissy individual she was,very conscious of her coiffure. Chris took her out for a spin in the Lotus and she came back looking like she'd been dragged through several dozen hedges.

Really hairy and exhilarating motoring.BUT it killed poor Chris in a crash up at Silverstone.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Which Car Do You Take? on 10:54 - Mar 22 with 1405 viewsheadhoops

Parker, get the Rolls.......

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

Which Car Do You Take? on 16:15 - Mar 22 with 1333 viewsEsox_Lucius

Which Car Do You Take? on 00:09 - Mar 22 by DannyPaddox

I’m not mad about cars but Ed Straker’s in UFO was very cool. Well it was to an impressionable 7 year-old.

That looks like a tarted up Lambo Espada, or possibly a Urraco, very futuristic looking.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 16:16]

Which Car Do You Take? on 02:13 - Mar 23 with 1277 viewsDannyPaddox

The car from Clockwork Orange. I sat in this at a recent Kubrick exhibition. It is tiny. Like an oversized Dinky Toy. It brought back memories of the 70s watching my Uncle play football on the Hackney Marshes. Occasionally (not always) if the game didn’t hold my interest I’d go walkabout. One cold Saturday afternoon I came across the Dinky Toy factory with no sign of any one around. There it was across the canal. I fantasised a door left open where I could nip in and stuff my pockets full of toy cars. I walked the length of the canal a fair distance but there was no way across to access it. In effect the canal was a moat protecting a magic castle of toy cars. I say a magic castle it was more a nondescript generic flat-roof light-industrial building of no remark other than having the Dinky Toy logo. Defeated I returned pitchside to see out the last ten minutes of the game.
Which Car Do You Take? on 02:59 - Mar 23 with 1263 viewsFredManRave

[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 3:12]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Which Car Do You Take? on 09:13 - Mar 23 with 1193 viewsBklynRanger

Which Car Do You Take? on 08:55 - Mar 21 by Rs_Holy

My choice would be Jimmy Bonds Lotus Esprit Submarine in the Spy Who Loved Me but from the cars shown it has to be the DeLorean Time Machine!

[Post edited 21 Mar 2023 8:57]

That's a blast from my childhood, that car - I thought it was the coolest thing ever - still isn't far off it.

But yes, a question with so many layers. For pure car that Starsky and Hutch one was always cool as fcuk, but it has some brutal competition.

The main thing for me is the lifestyle - what am I signing up for here?

Michael Knight got shot in the face, and being a young loner on a crusade to protect the innocent sounds like more work than I'd be up for.

Almost too much choice with the Delorean and I was crap at history, but tempting.

For the A Team one I'd also want to know which character I get to be - BA gets to use the welding torch but you'd probably want to be Face Man in that situation.

With the Dukes of Hazard you'd have a nice laid back lifestyle and the rules about shagging your cousin vary by state, so that's definitely in the running.

A lot to think about.
Which Car Do You Take? on 10:18 - Mar 23 with 1162 viewsSonofpugwash

The Gerry Anderson ""Doppelganger" car...from the 1969 movie "Journey to the far side of the sun".Totally outrageous.I saw it in Bromley,Kent when they were doing a promo tour for the film.True to other Gerry Anderson works it suddenly exploded.

https://www.gerryanderson.com/doppelganger-car-recovered/

Which Car Do You Take? on 10:50 - Mar 23 with 1151 viewsSonofpugwash

Guy I knew through my brother who was working in the rag trade,Bob Jankel,set up Panther cars.Had a showroom on Park Lane around 1977.
They produced the luxury De Ville,looked like a Bugatti and based on a Jag XJ6 chassis.
The Panther Six at the time was the fastest production car available with a monster 8.2litre Cadillac V8, twin turbochargers,3 speed auto box based on the Tyrell F1 and capable of over 200 mph.Only two made which are still in existence.

Which Car Do You Take? on 10:55 - Mar 23 with 1146 viewsToast_R

I always liked the 1967 Chevrolet Impala from the Supernatural series. Very nice.

Which Car Do You Take? on 12:11 - Mar 23 with 1120 viewsEsox_Lucius

I am surprised that this beauty has been overlooked. "Batteries to power, turbines to speed"

Which Car Do You Take? on 16:04 - Mar 23 with 1065 viewsDiscodroids

I've always wanted a Lancia MonteCarlo more than my next breath. Inside and out it's the hedonistic blend of 5th dan shaolin monk style and insanity.

My Mk 2 Terry McCann capri and renault 5 gt turbo were the best cars i've ever owned. I detest modern cars.

As I now gaze out at the pink smart car with eyelashes parked on my drive, i miss them both terribly..

the saints volvo p1800 is a whirlwind of beauty also..

[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 16:12]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Which Car Do You Take? on 22:00 - Mar 23 with 985 viewsNordicR

Il Tempo Gigante for the noise levels alone.

From the stop motion film The Pinchcliffe Grand Prix.
Which Car Do You Take? on 22:04 - Mar 23 with 983 viewsitsbiga

Which Car Do You Take? on 09:02 - Mar 21 by TheChef

Can't believe you're all looking past the time travelling car.

That's what i was thinking.
The DeLorean is a no brainer. You could go back in time and fix QPR.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 22:05]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Which Car Do You Take? on 22:07 - Mar 23 with 981 viewsitsbiga

Which Car Do You Take? on 02:13 - Mar 23 by DannyPaddox

The car from Clockwork Orange. I sat in this at a recent Kubrick exhibition. It is tiny. Like an oversized Dinky Toy. It brought back memories of the 70s watching my Uncle play football on the Hackney Marshes. Occasionally (not always) if the game didn’t hold my interest I’d go walkabout. One cold Saturday afternoon I came across the Dinky Toy factory with no sign of any one around. There it was across the canal. I fantasised a door left open where I could nip in and stuff my pockets full of toy cars. I walked the length of the canal a fair distance but there was no way across to access it. In effect the canal was a moat protecting a magic castle of toy cars. I say a magic castle it was more a nondescript generic flat-roof light-industrial building of no remark other than having the Dinky Toy logo. Defeated I returned pitchside to see out the last ten minutes of the game.

"The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow".

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Which Car Do You Take? on 22:32 - Mar 23 with 960 viewsDannyPaddox

After extensive research I’ve discovered that Dinky Toys (an offshoot of Meccano) were made in Liverpool. The beguiling hive of industry I had discovered up-river in the East was in fact the legendary Lesney Matchbox Toy Car Factory.

Which Car Do You Take? on 23:47 - Mar 23 with 941 viewsFredManRave

I don't think this has been posted yet, which is unbelievable in itself.

With Daisy Duke in the back...

[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 23:51]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Which Car Do You Take? on 23:58 - Mar 23 with 932 viewshubble

Which Car Do You Take? on 22:32 - Mar 23 by DannyPaddox

After extensive research I’ve discovered that Dinky Toys (an offshoot of Meccano) were made in Liverpool. The beguiling hive of industry I had discovered up-river in the East was in fact the legendary Lesney Matchbox Toy Car Factory.

Love it Danny. I'm a big fan of what people like to call (was it Iain Sinclair who coined the phrase?) psychogeography. I guess it's not there any more, otherwise you could make a homage.

PS - I really liked Matchbox cars. Along with Dinky, they made my childhood imagination sing in the cities me and my brother made out of off-cuts our grandad brought us from the timber yard.

There was a car i loved that would work in this thread, this one's a Corgi though - another fave!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Which Car Do You Take? on 00:47 - Mar 24 with 918 viewsVancouverHoop

Which Car Do You Take? on 10:24 - Mar 21 by Nov77

Got to be the delorean, set the controls for 4th March 1967.

I've been in a Delorean and i took me about ten minutes to get out of it. I had a sore back for days afterwards.

I'll take the A Team's van. It's the only one that has room for my wife's wheelchair.
Which Car Do You Take? on 06:57 - Mar 24 with 889 viewsnumptydumpty

Arthur Daley in his Jag with his big fat Cigar attempting to flog all manner of dodgy motors !!!

And Terry McCann in his Capri with the fluffy dice and screen names on the front windscreen of Tel above the drivers seat and A N Other on the passenger side !!!

Think the Capri also had the fanfare hooter when pressed in 1980s road rage style !!!

[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 7:10]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024