Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge chunk of shares been bought today 18:24 - Feb 28 with 8502 viewsFerryjack123

According to companies house, someone on twitter has said it's as much as 6million which would be a huge chunk.. approx 20% of the club
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 17:03 - Mar 1 with 2000 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 09:02 - Mar 1 by Badlands

32% is owned by the Trust and individuals …. How much have they contributed?
It should be noted the Trust share figure will be reduced but can not go lower than 5% unless sold. So 21% to possibly 5% great work The Trust.

That is still 5% more than any of our supports season tickets own. Guess you think that is great work by our fans.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 17:04 - Mar 1 with 1988 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:45 - Mar 1 by Whiterockin

The trust are a non entity to the majority of supporters now.

About time our so called supporters turned up at matches or even invested in shares.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 17:12 - Mar 1 with 1964 viewsWhiterockin

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 17:04 - Mar 1 by felixstowe_jack

About time our so called supporters turned up at matches or even invested in shares.

Why?
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 17:52 - Mar 1 with 1891 viewsmagicdaps10

Been a few rumours going around of possible interest, supposedly a bit of talk in the stadium as well Monday night.

Not heard anything concrete myself but anyone else heard any stories or whispers?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:14 - Mar 1 with 1876 viewsBadlands

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 17:03 - Mar 1 by felixstowe_jack

That is still 5% more than any of our supports season tickets own. Guess you think that is great work by our fans.

The Trust was set up for our fans by our fans … what, apart from moaning about not being involved in a sales of shares after saying they would never sell, have they done for the club?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:51 - Mar 1 with 1828 viewsmax936

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 17:52 - Mar 1 by magicdaps10

Been a few rumours going around of possible interest, supposedly a bit of talk in the stadium as well Monday night.

Not heard anything concrete myself but anyone else heard any stories or whispers?

Chinese whispers and stories from the Jackanory story books.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:56 - Mar 1 with 1818 viewsmax936

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:14 - Mar 1 by Badlands

The Trust was set up for our fans by our fans … what, apart from moaning about not being involved in a sales of shares after saying they would never sell, have they done for the club?

They never said that they would never sell, ever so that's BS and has been put to bed enough times. This lot there now ruined the the Trusts intentions.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 21:01 - Mar 1 with 1759 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:56 - Mar 1 by max936

They never said that they would never sell, ever so that's BS and has been put to bed enough times. This lot there now ruined the the Trusts intentions.

Yes the board member did say this in front of the UK media. No one contradicted the comment made by the board member so it was logical to assume that was their formal position. It was denied over a year later. People want to re write history particularly after the club was relegated. The members were asleep.

We live in a country that has a free press. The Trust's position in 2015 was crystal clear.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 21:26]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 21:25 - Mar 1 with 1735 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 17:01 - Mar 1 by felixstowe_jack

Yet another pointless anti trust rant about time you gave it up. Taking expensive legal action when you only ever have a 50% chance of winning. The only people to make money are the lawyers.

Good to see another £6 million invested in the club by our owners which makes £16 million in just over 13 months.

Rather puts to bed that the owners are taking money out of the club

Kindly no. People have been telling me to shut about this fiasco for over 7 years. How the members went along with it beggars belief. Fans were given the responsibility to run the club but were not intellectually up to the job. .

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 10:52 - Mar 2 with 1655 viewswhiterock

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 21:25 - Mar 1 by ReslovenSwan1

Kindly no. People have been telling me to shut about this fiasco for over 7 years. How the members went along with it beggars belief. Fans were given the responsibility to run the club but were not intellectually up to the job. .

Wrong, they felt there was a bit more left in the tank, however, even the Trust knew a sale was on the cards, however, the shareholders agreement stated that if any shareholder wished to sell, it had to be offered inwards first.
Now the Trust's court case was based on the strength of the Shareholders agreement, the same shareholders agreement that was adhered to religiously from 2002 and only veered away when it came to the sale.
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 12:16 - Mar 2 with 1617 viewsmax936

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 10:52 - Mar 2 by whiterock

Wrong, they felt there was a bit more left in the tank, however, even the Trust knew a sale was on the cards, however, the shareholders agreement stated that if any shareholder wished to sell, it had to be offered inwards first.
Now the Trust's court case was based on the strength of the Shareholders agreement, the same shareholders agreement that was adhered to religiously from 2002 and only veered away when it came to the sale.

Wasting your breath and time Whitey, some will never except the TRUTH if it smacked them in the mouth.

He often talks about fans being dim and lacking the intellect to understand stuff, he needs to look in the mirror and the only fiasco is in his muddled head.

Don Quixote coined the phrase "The pot calling the kettle" and its spot on in this case.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 12:18]

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 13:39 - Mar 2 with 1572 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 12:16 - Mar 2 by max936

Wasting your breath and time Whitey, some will never except the TRUTH if it smacked them in the mouth.

He often talks about fans being dim and lacking the intellect to understand stuff, he needs to look in the mirror and the only fiasco is in his muddled head.

Don Quixote coined the phrase "The pot calling the kettle" and its spot on in this case.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2023 12:18]

The Trust valuations

2002 £200,000 (bravo good effort) 20% holding
2016 £21,000,000 "Our shares are not for sale " 21% holding.
2017 £21,000,000 unable to make deal 21% holding
2023 £8,000,000 and 13% holding.

The truth was examined for 6 years of paying legal people and advisors £400,000 (40 years subscriptions). No valid case was the verdict when push came to shove. The current board are not to blame. Blame lies with those that failed to sell a single share while in the Premier league at £1m for 1% holding. The members are ultimately to blame. They in my opinion democratically elected to give £11m to third parties force the owners to give the loan to the lawyers and ultimately put scores of Swansea people out of work.

They had a 10,000% gain but did not press the board to sell. One poster stated "who give a sh't" to one of my posts. I get it. I see it and I understand it. I see such people all around the place these days.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 13:54 - Mar 2 with 1565 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 10:52 - Mar 2 by whiterock

There was nothing left in the tank. It was a horrible mistake. Garry Monk getting to 8th was top of the shop. What did they expect Champions league? If they knew a sale was on the cards why did they not consult their members in 2015 about selling shares?

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 20:09 - Mar 2 with 1486 viewsmax936

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 13:39 - Mar 2 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust valuations

The truth was examined for 6 years of paying legal people and advisors £400,000 (40 years subscriptions). No valid case was the verdict when push came to shove. The current board are not to blame. Blame lies with those that failed to sell a single share while in the Premier league at £1m for 1% holding. The members are ultimately to blame. They in my opinion democratically elected to give £11m to third parties force the owners to give the loan to the lawyers and ultimately put scores of Swansea people out of work.

They had a 10,000% gain but did not press the board to sell. One poster stated "who give a sh't" to one of my posts. I get it. I see it and I understand it. I see such people all around the place these days.

Absolute BS and you know it, unless you're to thick to to take the truth in and that's probably closer to the truth, nobody can be that dense unless they have an agenda in all reality which you clearly have, the chief called you out time and time again and your pathetic replies were to rehash BS, like you've posted above,

Like I said, you're best ignored and your posts treated for their comical value.

Go and have some pasta and a pint and try some humble pie for a desert and leave the factual intelligent stuff to the grown up's.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 22:18 - Mar 2 with 1416 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 20:09 - Mar 2 by max936

Absolute BS and you know it, unless you're to thick to to take the truth in and that's probably closer to the truth, nobody can be that dense unless they have an agenda in all reality which you clearly have, the chief called you out time and time again and your pathetic replies were to rehash BS, like you've posted above,

Like I said, you're best ignored and your posts treated for their comical value.

Go and have some pasta and a pint and try some humble pie for a desert and leave the factual intelligent stuff to the grown up's.

Personal attacks and recommendations to put me on ignore, throw in a bit of patronising for good measure . I was banned on SCFC2 and would be hounded out of town on PS.

God bless this site and tolerance for free speech. I do not criticise individuals directly including your good self and other posters. I do not need to. I am also a nice bloke.

Six year of time wasting and £400k into the pocket of big shot lawyers and not an apology insight and not even recognition of mistakes. Legal fees would have been a staggering £10m+.

A win in court for the Trust would have cost local jobs and seen them and their advisors share £20m equally of primarily the loans made by the owners (the American ones) to the club. Xenophobia and bigotry has a history of overriding common sense.

The case was finished once the CLN was made. The loans would not be converted until there was a settlement. Once there was a settlement the loans were converted within a year.

The members of the Trust all 1000+ of them 2014-2022 have come up well short. Unfit to own the club. Intellectually not up to it and lacking bravery to ask tough questions about outcomes for their actions. This is my honest opinion.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 23:03 - Mar 2 with 1383 viewsmax936

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 22:18 - Mar 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Personal attacks and recommendations to put me on ignore, throw in a bit of patronising for good measure . I was banned on SCFC2 and would be hounded out of town on PS.

God bless this site and tolerance for free speech. I do not criticise individuals directly including your good self and other posters. I do not need to. I am also a nice bloke.

Six year of time wasting and £400k into the pocket of big shot lawyers and not an apology insight and not even recognition of mistakes. Legal fees would have been a staggering £10m+.

A win in court for the Trust would have cost local jobs and seen them and their advisors share £20m equally of primarily the loans made by the owners (the American ones) to the club. Xenophobia and bigotry has a history of overriding common sense.

The case was finished once the CLN was made. The loans would not be converted until there was a settlement. Once there was a settlement the loans were converted within a year.

The members of the Trust all 1000+ of them 2014-2022 have come up well short. Unfit to own the club. Intellectually not up to it and lacking bravery to ask tough questions about outcomes for their actions. This is my honest opinion.

You continually continue to prove my point, your posts are full of baloney and drivel.

You can criticise me or call me anything you like, it'll be water off a ducks back its up to you if you do or don't, but It won't stop me from calling you out for your continuing drivel about your obsession and misconception of the actual facts.

There's no more for me to add or any need for me to continue this farce any longer.
so you crack on.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 23:51 - Mar 2 with 1379 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 23:03 - Mar 2 by max936

You continually continue to prove my point, your posts are full of baloney and drivel.

You can criticise me or call me anything you like, it'll be water off a ducks back its up to you if you do or don't, but It won't stop me from calling you out for your continuing drivel about your obsession and misconception of the actual facts.

There's no more for me to add or any need for me to continue this farce any longer.
so you crack on.

6 years of baloney was proven by no case and £400k down the swanee heading to the smart suit pockets of south east England . Thank god it did not cost the club £11m. All the promoters of this nonsense have vanished from this forum to the sanctuary of places where their nonsense is not exposed by banning or ritual ridicule.

The 'Yanks' have just written off £6m of the clubs debt. I am grateful to them. You re not. They can do better but as it stands they are the best owners out there for SCFC.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 11:34 - Mar 3 with 1311 viewswhiterock

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 13:39 - Mar 2 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust valuations

Wrong mate (again)

2002, the Trust had less than 5%, the other shareholders gave the Trust a bit of time to gather the funds to £50k, they had something like £30k or 3%, however, by 2003 they had their £50k stake.

It took another 5 years for the Trust to get to £199.000 taking its holding to just under 20%, they only got to 21% when Mel Nurse decided it was time for him to go in 2012, the club bought the shares and followed the correct procedure, guided by the original shareholders agreement and each individual shareholder benefited, roughly 1% for the big 3 of Morgan, Katzen and the Trust, three quarters of a percent for Jenkins and Davies and half a percent for Dineen and the Clog.

You are right on the 13% currently and I suppose with a million in the bank they could have tried to keep apace with Kaplan, Levien and Silverstein but have decided to hold on to its money, perhaps things get really bad and that money is needed, I say this knowing that £1m is sod all these days but remember £500k saved the club in 2002.
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 12:28 - Mar 3 with 1275 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 11:34 - Mar 3 by whiterock

Wrong mate (again)

2002, the Trust had less than 5%, the other shareholders gave the Trust a bit of time to gather the funds to £50k, they had something like £30k or 3%, however, by 2003 they had their £50k stake.

It took another 5 years for the Trust to get to £199.000 taking its holding to just under 20%, they only got to 21% when Mel Nurse decided it was time for him to go in 2012, the club bought the shares and followed the correct procedure, guided by the original shareholders agreement and each individual shareholder benefited, roughly 1% for the big 3 of Morgan, Katzen and the Trust, three quarters of a percent for Jenkins and Davies and half a percent for Dineen and the Clog.

You are right on the 13% currently and I suppose with a million in the bank they could have tried to keep apace with Kaplan, Levien and Silverstein but have decided to hold on to its money, perhaps things get really bad and that money is needed, I say this knowing that £1m is sod all these days but remember £500k saved the club in 2002.

Good detail thank you. It was 21 years ago and I was not in the country. The Trust is absolutely no use to anyone if it cannot invest its money. People tell me they are not allowed to invest. I am sceptical of this. If they cannot invest they should convert to body that can.

UK inflation is around 9%. £1m devalues by £90,000 a year or £1730 a week £250 a day. No one seems bothered. That is why it is a waste of time and effort. Members put in £5,000-£10,000 and £90,000 flies out of the window. They are not having a penny of mine.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 13:17 - Mar 3 with 1243 viewswhiterock

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 12:28 - Mar 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Good detail thank you. It was 21 years ago and I was not in the country. The Trust is absolutely no use to anyone if it cannot invest its money. People tell me they are not allowed to invest. I am sceptical of this. If they cannot invest they should convert to body that can.

UK inflation is around 9%. £1m devalues by £90,000 a year or £1730 a week £250 a day. No one seems bothered. That is why it is a waste of time and effort. Members put in £5,000-£10,000 and £90,000 flies out of the window. They are not having a penny of mine.

If people tell you that the trust cannot invest, it must be true (tongue firmly in cheek)

Your second para has lost me, inflation and interest are two different things, surely
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 14:26 - Mar 3 with 1204 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 13:17 - Mar 3 by whiterock

If people tell you that the trust cannot invest, it must be true (tongue firmly in cheek)

Your second para has lost me, inflation and interest are two different things, surely

Well there must be some reason the Trust are getting zero interest on close to £1m as far as I could see from their accounts.

If you are getting no interest then you cannot offset inflation. While the money is static as years go by it can buy less and less. The devaluation at 9% inflation over several years is massive. The Trust has existed in an unprecedented period of low inflation so have "got away with it" up to a point.

20 years ago you could buy a nice house in Swansea for £100,000. Not any more

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 10:35 - Mar 6 with 1028 viewswhiterock

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 14:26 - Mar 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Well there must be some reason the Trust are getting zero interest on close to £1m as far as I could see from their accounts.

If you are getting no interest then you cannot offset inflation. While the money is static as years go by it can buy less and less. The devaluation at 9% inflation over several years is massive. The Trust has existed in an unprecedented period of low inflation so have "got away with it" up to a point.

20 years ago you could buy a nice house in Swansea for £100,000. Not any more

Interest for a £1m lump sum is between 3 and 5%, 3% will give you £30k a year and 5% would give you £50k. Inflation is a totally different thing.
Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:57 - Mar 6 with 979 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 10:35 - Mar 6 by whiterock

Interest for a £1m lump sum is between 3 and 5%, 3% will give you £30k a year and 5% would give you £50k. Inflation is a totally different thing.

Inflation is simply the percentage rising costs of products and services on an annual basis. It is used in "real terms" wording.

If the Trust are getting no interest on their £1m then it is devaluing in 'real terms' as it can buy less and less with its money such as club shares property etc with each passing year. In 2015 they could have bought 10 Swansea houses. Now they can only buy 5 or 6.

Today "inflation " is the big issue for all businesses and Unions. It is never mentioned by the Trust in their meetings. Losses from inflation in the past have been covered in part by subscriptions. Any organisation not discussing how to counteract inflation is not worth a minute of my time or money. It i has a "women's institute " feel to it.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:27 - Mar 6 with 922 viewsmax936

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 15:57 - Mar 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Inflation is simply the percentage rising costs of products and services on an annual basis. It is used in "real terms" wording.

If the Trust are getting no interest on their £1m then it is devaluing in 'real terms' as it can buy less and less with its money such as club shares property etc with each passing year. In 2015 they could have bought 10 Swansea houses. Now they can only buy 5 or 6.

Today "inflation " is the big issue for all businesses and Unions. It is never mentioned by the Trust in their meetings. Losses from inflation in the past have been covered in part by subscriptions. Any organisation not discussing how to counteract inflation is not worth a minute of my time or money. It i has a "women's institute " feel to it.

"Not worth a minute of your time"

All you do is talk about the trust on 99% of your posts and lets be honest why would the trust would want 10 seconds of your time let alone a minute, you clearly have an high opinion of yourself why I don't know, but its another laughable joke of a post from you.

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:53 - Mar 6 with 903 viewsReslovenSwan1

Huge chunk of shares been bought today on 18:27 - Mar 6 by max936

"Not worth a minute of your time"

All you do is talk about the trust on 99% of your posts and lets be honest why would the trust would want 10 seconds of your time let alone a minute, you clearly have an high opinion of yourself why I don't know, but its another laughable joke of a post from you.

This refers to my period of existence as a member. It effectively represents everything I stand against. Committee south Wales. Effectively unaccountable because members did not give a fig and simply followed instructions they were given. No one has even apologised least of all their supporters on here who still have a weak understanding of what happened.

Everyone has effectively given up on it instead of being angry at the poor management of it 2014-2022 and missed a £20m payday for vision for the long term strength of football in Swansea. The whinging fans were given the chance to be big financial players but failed badly.

I put my neck on the block more than once with my opinions. No one else did. Swansea fans have come up well short. No one else with tell you this. I was banned on SCFC2 for predicting their humiliating failure 5 years before it happened.

Now trot along and pay your £5 and do me a favour ask them in the next meeting how they are going to protect your £5 from inflation currently 9%.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024