Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rayan Kolli 18:43 - Jan 9 with 7334 viewsterryb

Good news in a bad week!

Rayan Kolli has signed a professional contract for Queens Park Rangers until the summer of 2025. I assume he is beyond poaching by other clubs for this period now?

I've not seen him play, but from everything I've read about him, this is more than just another youth player signing a contract.

Best of luck Rayan. I look forward to seeing you play in the first team.
Rayan Kolli on 13:41 - Jan 10 with 2008 viewsDavieQPR

I gave him a melon and it made him feel down in the dumps.
Rayan Kolli on 14:00 - Jan 10 with 1933 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm calling it now - he's The New Messiah!

And I should know, cos I've never seen him play.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rayan Kolli on 14:08 - Jan 10 with 1905 viewsNorthernr

Looks a serious prospect. Pleased his performance against Spurs didn't result in them immediately hoovering him up for their puppy farm.
Rayan Kolli on 14:30 - Jan 10 with 1801 viewsaston_hoop

I noticed while trying to find out some more about him that he played a couple of games for West Ham's U18s last season. Clearly they thought they could nick him, good to have him tied down and committed to the Rs

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rayan Kolli on 14:57 - Jan 10 with 1723 views1JD

Rayan Kolli on 14:30 - Jan 10 by aston_hoop

I noticed while trying to find out some more about him that he played a couple of games for West Ham's U18s last season. Clearly they thought they could nick him, good to have him tied down and committed to the Rs

That’s right he went on trial to West Ham who liked what they saw but were apparently quoted around 500k and didn’t follow up with it. I’m surprised he wasn’t signed up the minute he turned 17, which is the earliest age you can be signed to a professional contract. The offer until now (18 soon) has left us open to risk IMO. In any case, great to get him signed up. A very exciting player.

I spoke with him a couple of months ago which I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me passing on. Nothing confidential. Most of it has since been in the news. Beale had him training with the first team before he got injured for 8 weeks with a hamstring. He impressed Beale who saw him as a number 10. Rayan sees himself a “false 9”. He’s got a great combination of abilities, including great technique, ball carrying, skill, and big leap for his size. Good competition/ succession planning for Chair and Willock.
Rayan Kolli on 14:59 - Jan 10 with 1720 viewsPinnerPaul

Sooooo is 2 1/2 years too much, too little - right or wrong decsion?.........

Of course no one knows now, which is why it will be all the more infuriating when if he makes it and gets snapped up because the contract wasn't long enough or doesn't play at all while earning professional money for 2/12 year, you'll get the usual suspects on here slating les and Chris Ramsey.

Point is no one knows at this stage, one way or the other.

Same story with the new analytics company the club has just linked up with.

Great move? Waste of time? Who knows - not anyone on here at this moment, that's for sure.
Rayan Kolli on 15:05 - Jan 10 with 1701 views1JD

Rayan Kolli on 14:59 - Jan 10 by PinnerPaul

Sooooo is 2 1/2 years too much, too little - right or wrong decsion?.........

Of course no one knows now, which is why it will be all the more infuriating when if he makes it and gets snapped up because the contract wasn't long enough or doesn't play at all while earning professional money for 2/12 year, you'll get the usual suspects on here slating les and Chris Ramsey.

Point is no one knows at this stage, one way or the other.

Same story with the new analytics company the club has just linked up with.

Great move? Waste of time? Who knows - not anyone on here at this moment, that's for sure.

At his age - 17 still- the maximum number of years you can sign for is 3. Since we are half way through the season, perhaps that’s why it can only be 2.5 years at this stage.

At age 18, the contract duration rules change again, and the player can be signed to a maximum 5 year deal.
Rayan Kolli on 15:14 - Jan 10 with 1673 viewsPinnerPaul

Rayan Kolli on 15:05 - Jan 10 by 1JD

At his age - 17 still- the maximum number of years you can sign for is 3. Since we are half way through the season, perhaps that’s why it can only be 2.5 years at this stage.

At age 18, the contract duration rules change again, and the player can be signed to a maximum 5 year deal.

Good info - thanks
Login to get fewer ads

Rayan Kolli on 15:15 - Jan 10 with 1672 viewskensalriser

Contracts with minors aren't enforceable in UK law, so any agreement with a player under 18 won't be as good as a contract with a paler of 18 or over.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Rayan Kolli on 15:36 - Jan 10 with 1604 viewsHantsR

Rayan Kolli on 13:04 - Jan 10 by ngbqpr

Can anyone bring the buzz back to LR?

Well if anyone can, Rayan can, Rayan can

And of course, his song can be:

Ain't nobody, like Ray Kolli
Makes me happy, when he plays this way

...but when he's bad, I'm melancholy
Rayan Kolli on 16:18 - Jan 10 with 1513 viewsstanistheman

Rayan Kolli on 20:14 - Jan 9 by DubaiR

Listen he will never make it, he isn’t 27 and had 103 loans like the rest of our development squad. Now Gubbins and Shodipo are the two to watch;)

You left out Charlie (he used to play for Spurs) Owens.
Rayan Kolli on 16:46 - Jan 10 with 1457 viewsLblock

Rayan Kolli on 15:15 - Jan 10 by kensalriser

Contracts with minors aren't enforceable in UK law, so any agreement with a player under 18 won't be as good as a contract with a paler of 18 or over.

Thatcher had the same idea about those Contracts meaning nothing.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Rayan Kolli on 16:58 - Jan 10 with 1428 viewsaston_hoop

Rayan Kolli on 14:57 - Jan 10 by 1JD

That’s right he went on trial to West Ham who liked what they saw but were apparently quoted around 500k and didn’t follow up with it. I’m surprised he wasn’t signed up the minute he turned 17, which is the earliest age you can be signed to a professional contract. The offer until now (18 soon) has left us open to risk IMO. In any case, great to get him signed up. A very exciting player.

I spoke with him a couple of months ago which I’m sure he wouldn’t mind me passing on. Nothing confidential. Most of it has since been in the news. Beale had him training with the first team before he got injured for 8 weeks with a hamstring. He impressed Beale who saw him as a number 10. Rayan sees himself a “false 9”. He’s got a great combination of abilities, including great technique, ball carrying, skill, and big leap for his size. Good competition/ succession planning for Chair and Willock.

Thats fascinating thanks, fills in a lot of gaps and very positive that we've got him signed up. Hopefully he's been presented a clear pathway to the first team and thats swayed him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rayan Kolli on 17:44 - Jan 10 with 1307 viewsMedwayR

Hopefully Kolli, Lloyd and Armstrong can give us some good options up front in the next few years, especially since we're useless at finding decent strikers to sign.

Poll: Who’s better?

Rayan Kolli on 00:01 - Jan 11 with 1097 viewshubble

I must confess, this thread has given me the Kolliwobbles.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024