Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 56838 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 15:43 - Apr 19 with 2226 viewswood_hoop

Playing devil's advocate,...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56800611
European super league on 15:47 - Apr 19 with 2200 viewsPinnerPaul

and the worse thing, haven't even got the guts to make a comment or back it up.

Man Utd website just posted official statements (From the Super League of course, not ANY of the anti ones!) and the C****** manager basically says "Above my pay grade"
European super league on 15:48 - Apr 19 with 2202 viewsdenhamhoop2

Jesus wept Northern is so right about how morally corrupt Professional football is at the higher end when FIFA and UEFA are seen as the "Good Guys" on Moral Issues over Money
European super league on 15:48 - Apr 19 with 2201 viewskensalriser

What a palaver.

It probably won't happen, but is a Champions League based on unequal qualification any better? I think in the long run it might be better for football if they go and are expelled from domestic leagues, because in the long run the clubs involved will become smaller, not bigger, without the partisan support of domestic fans.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

European super league on 15:50 - Apr 19 with 2187 viewsPinnerPaul

Oh and if UEFA/FIFA fail to recognise the league, where are they getting the refs from?!
European super league on 15:53 - Apr 19 with 2171 viewsRangersDave

so is that banned from the start of next season, or banned from right now?

hope its now! give them a bloody nose and something to think about!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

European super league on 15:54 - Apr 19 with 2167 viewsloftupper

European super league on 15:48 - Apr 19 by kensalriser

What a palaver.

It probably won't happen, but is a Champions League based on unequal qualification any better? I think in the long run it might be better for football if they go and are expelled from domestic leagues, because in the long run the clubs involved will become smaller, not bigger, without the partisan support of domestic fans.

This, If the FA and UEFA cave on this and make further allowances for these clubs then they will be back in 5 years asking for more.

At some point they will go, might as well be now.
European super league on 16:04 - Apr 19 with 2081 viewskensalriser

European super league on 15:50 - Apr 19 by PinnerPaul

Oh and if UEFA/FIFA fail to recognise the league, where are they getting the refs from?!

That's easy, they will offer qualified refs a lot of money.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 16:12 - Apr 19 with 2034 viewsphilc

European super league on 15:48 - Apr 19 by kensalriser

What a palaver.

If UEFA stand firm it is their opportunity to take back control from the big clubs, who can only threaten to take their ball and play somewhere else so many times. If the 12 clubs back down now they have taken their shot and missed.

The champions league should then remain as it currently is.
European super league on 16:17 - Apr 19 with 2002 viewsphilc

This is a consequence of allowing hedge funds, etc from buying into clubs, they will only do so to make returns for their investors. No thought for the club’s history or sport it’s only a way to make money.
European super league on 16:17 - Apr 19 with 1995 viewsMickS

Have they gone yet?
European super league on 16:23 - Apr 19 with 1964 viewsloftus77

If not said already, I hereby retrospectively claim the 1976 title and the 1982 FA Cup for QPR. Only fair in the interests of correct historical realignment for English football clubs.

And they can chuck in the 1990 FA Cup an' all - we'd have beaten Palace in the semi...
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 16:26]
European super league on 16:26 - Apr 19 with 1936 viewsPinnerPaul

European super league on 16:04 - Apr 19 by kensalriser

That's easy, they will offer qualified refs a lot of money.

and obviously they will never get to referee World Cups, Euros or domestic games?

Money talks, you're right, but you need the top guys to sign up and wouldn't be so sure as you that they will - at least in sufficient numbers.
European super league on 16:31 - Apr 19 with 1904 viewsWestbourneR

Quite honestly, they should let them get on with it. They're crazy, I can't think of anything more boring than endless continental games.

BUT we've got accept it happening and just try and get some key tweaks to prevent it from being a 'closed shop'. So the bottom club in SL has to go into playoff vs the team that has one the Champions League for teams not in the Super League.

So, say Leicester or Everton go on to be the biggest boys in town domestically (which is weird to even say) then would win the Champions League vs eg. Roma and play the team that came last in the SL. Eg. Spurs.

If they win that game then they're in the SL and Spurs are out.

Only way to keep it interesting and vaguely fair, you need relegation, you need stick and carrot.

The other things would be a dictate that says a hunk of the money from SL has to be shared with the domestic competitions.

If they meet those two major criteria I'd say we're better off letting it happen, it'd be more interesting for a club like ours anyway.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

European super league on 16:44 - Apr 19 with 1834 viewsSharpy36

European super league on 16:31 - Apr 19 by WestbourneR

Quite honestly, they should let them get on with it. They're crazy, I can't think of anything more boring than endless continental games.

BUT we've got accept it happening and just try and get some key tweaks to prevent it from being a 'closed shop'. So the bottom club in SL has to go into playoff vs the team that has one the Champions League for teams not in the Super League.

So, say Leicester or Everton go on to be the biggest boys in town domestically (which is weird to even say) then would win the Champions League vs eg. Roma and play the team that came last in the SL. Eg. Spurs.

If they win that game then they're in the SL and Spurs are out.

Only way to keep it interesting and vaguely fair, you need relegation, you need stick and carrot.

The other things would be a dictate that says a hunk of the money from SL has to be shared with the domestic competitions.

If they meet those two major criteria I'd say we're better off letting it happen, it'd be more interesting for a club like ours anyway.

It was reported on skynews earlier that the initial 12 clubs by agreeing to join the super league have signed a contract for 23 years.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

European super league on 16:45 - Apr 19 with 1833 viewsQPR_Jim

European super league on 15:43 - Apr 19 by wood_hoop

Playing devil's advocate,...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56800611

"This is the moment many football team owners have been waiting for - particularly the American owners of Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal - who know for themselves how much more stable and therefore valuable are the earnings of American sports teams."

I don't think American sport is renowned for depth of competition. Outside the major leagues everyone seems to be semi-professional or students.

"They also argue that a more stable financial top to the football pyramid is needed to ensure the cascade or trickle down to the smaller clubs that they promise will increase as a result of this."

That's not exactly what they've done with their millions of pounds worth of TV money so far. They've given a fraction to lower league clubs, they've used their influence to make sure smaller clubs get f-all for their youth players. They've used their millions to hoard any talent and get fees for allowing you the privilege of giving them game time to develop. So forgive me if I don't believe them this time.

"Finishing in the top four of the Premier League is the biggest prize in English football. The six teams joining the Super League have realised that six doesn't go into four - two miss out every year. Not any more. An insider at the Super League admitted that the plan will seriously dilute the value of the Premier League as a product - the race which is one of its key attractions will be meaningless."

The exact reason they should be turfed out at the end of the season, otherwise your going to be left with the Premier League as a competition for ESL B-Teams a bit like Spanish second division. It will make a farce out of the whole league and subsequent football league pyramid.

Sorry not aimed at you wood_hoop but I think the article is full of poor arguments.
European super league on 16:55 - Apr 19 with 1781 viewsBerkoRanger

The missus, who doesn't profess to know an awful lot about football said "It's the first step to a World Super League" - and I reckon she's right!
My take on this - good riddance to the lot of them, assuming the PL have the ba**s to kickl them out - it will be a much fairer playing field for every other professional team!
European super league on 16:57 - Apr 19 with 1765 viewsQPRKirty

European super league on 16:45 - Apr 19 by QPR_Jim

"This is the moment many football team owners have been waiting for - particularly the American owners of Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal - who know for themselves how much more stable and therefore valuable are the earnings of American sports teams."

I don't think American sport is renowned for depth of competition. Outside the major leagues everyone seems to be semi-professional or students.

"They also argue that a more stable financial top to the football pyramid is needed to ensure the cascade or trickle down to the smaller clubs that they promise will increase as a result of this."

That's not exactly what they've done with their millions of pounds worth of TV money so far. They've given a fraction to lower league clubs, they've used their influence to make sure smaller clubs get f-all for their youth players. They've used their millions to hoard any talent and get fees for allowing you the privilege of giving them game time to develop. So forgive me if I don't believe them this time.

"Finishing in the top four of the Premier League is the biggest prize in English football. The six teams joining the Super League have realised that six doesn't go into four - two miss out every year. Not any more. An insider at the Super League admitted that the plan will seriously dilute the value of the Premier League as a product - the race which is one of its key attractions will be meaningless."

The exact reason they should be turfed out at the end of the season, otherwise your going to be left with the Premier League as a competition for ESL B-Teams a bit like Spanish second division. It will make a farce out of the whole league and subsequent football league pyramid.

Sorry not aimed at you wood_hoop but I think the article is full of poor arguments.

An insider at the Super League admitted that the plan will seriously dilute the value of the Premier League as a product - the race which is one of its key attractions will be meaningless."

I might actually start watching it again!
European super league on 17:07 - Apr 19 with 1705 viewsTGRRRSSS

Disgusting, hopefully people nboycott, but the greed carrys on and many will go along with it eventually you imagine.

That being said you know what they say about killing the golden goose, and in this time in which we're living you'd have to say it should backfire spectacularly.

Thinking money will forever come in for Tottenham v Ajax every year home and away and will have the whole of Beijin paying thousands all the time?

Have thery thought about kick off times, as this is clearly more for world wide audiences?

How does New York., Tokyo and the UAE all work that?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 17:07]
European super league on 17:08 - Apr 19 with 1700 viewsqpr_1968

European super league on 15:38 - Apr 19 by paulparker

Klopp won’t walk away nor will the others
There’s more chance me winning mr universe than that happening

exactly....

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 17:27 - Apr 19 with 1624 viewsWegerles_Stairs

European super league on 03:20 - Apr 19 by strikerace

Shocked Brentford wasn't one of the teams

Waiting for the European Justice League.
European super league on 17:32 - Apr 19 with 1589 viewshantssi

European super league on 14:36 - Apr 19 by Konk

Thanks mate. Just finishing off my powerpoint presentation now. Fingers crossed.

Ive cleaned off the old wallpapering table in anticipation Konk.
European super league on 17:40 - Apr 19 with 1558 viewsNorthantsHoop

Oh dear the government are stepping in now on the Super League row, here we go more fudge and a fans review. The so called English big six must be laughing their socks off, will probably land up with more money in their pockets, as UEFA etc will compromise and give them more money to stay and participate in the Champions League re-vamp.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 17:41]
European super league on 17:43 - Apr 19 with 1532 viewsRangersDave

I dont think they can do amthing about it now.

The deals been signed, 20 odd years to run, they realised it wouldnt go down well somissued legal papaers to make sure they were ahead of the game when it was announced.

Good riddance.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

European super league on 17:44 - Apr 19 with 1528 viewsswitchingcode

European super league on 03:20 - Apr 19 by strikerace

Shocked Brentford wasn't one of the teams

Tell me about it I’m gutted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024