Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Walking Dead 12:21 - Oct 28 with 6587 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Any good?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Walking Dead on 17:03 - Oct 28 with 2075 viewssimmo

Allow spoilers, guys!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Walking Dead on 17:27 - Oct 28 with 2054 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

The Walking Dead on 17:03 - Oct 28 by simmo

Allow spoilers, guys!

No!
The Walking Dead on 18:06 - Oct 28 with 2031 viewsPunteR

The pilot show was excellent but went down hill from there Imo. Got to the 2nd series but called it a day after about two episodes.
Keep hearing good things about it now ,so maybe I should have stuck with it a bit longer.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Walking Dead on 19:03 - Oct 28 with 2003 viewsBasingstokeR

Gave up in Season 3 as it wore me down with being too much of a downer.

Watch The Wire again instead
The Walking Dead on 19:30 - Oct 28 with 1987 viewsDorse

The Walking Dead on 17:03 - Oct 28 by simmo

Allow spoilers, guys!

In Season 4, the Dead no longer walk. They develop rudimentary space hoppers made from the scrotums of the living.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Walking Dead on 19:34 - Oct 28 with 1983 viewssuperstan

Best series on TVs for me.
The Walking Dead on 19:42 - Oct 28 with 1977 viewsHollowayRanger

theres a weird one called Z nation its walking dead but with humour?

walking dead is brilliant The Grove" is the fourteenth episode of the fourth season is the best one for me real heartbreaker

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Walking Dead on 19:44 - Oct 28 with 1977 viewsPommyhoop

The Walking Dead on 14:03 - Oct 28 by robith

I'm committed to it as I read the comics, but it is one of the most erratic shows, quality wise

Season 1 - Amazing pilot, gradual decline from there
Season 2 - AMC doubled the number episodes and halved the budget. As such it is absolutely dire
Season 3 - the most erratic. There are some stone cold 10/10 episodes, there's some proper stinkers. Butchers one of the comics' best storylines, dire ending.

Then Scott Gimple who wrote the best episodes of the 1st 3 seasons took over as show runner

Season 4 - First half is basically correcting the mess Gimple was left with, the second half is very good, with a great pay off

Season 5 - Totally mixed up the story telling techniques, increased focus on characterisation, and full of brilliant set pieces

Season 6 - only 3 epsiodes in, but the best it's ever been. So good so far

Agree with all of that ,specially with the last series so far being great. Without 'spoiling ''too much,, the episode before last about the'''Wolves'' was brilliant . When she was watching the lady smoking and ....

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

The Walking Dead on 20:14 - Oct 28 with 1961 viewsE17hoop

The Walking Dead on 19:42 - Oct 28 by HollowayRanger

walking dead is brilliant The Grove" is the fourteenth episode of the fourth season is the best one for me real heartbreaker

I rarely agree with you but on this, you are absolutely correct. The story took 2 episodes to build up to one moment in this episode and when this one happened it was brutal.

I'm a big fan of the series and it has improved over time. After the first series it did lull but has got better and better. The current one has been on form and Monday knocked me sideways a bit. I also liked the prequel, Fear the Walking Dead which took 3 episodes to get going but was very watchable by the end.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

The Walking Dead on 20:47 - Oct 28 with 1942 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Love Z Nation! The Doc is funny as feck and it sucks some of the harrow out of watching The Walking Dead.

The Walking Dead on 21:41 - Oct 28 with 1918 viewsPommyhoop

Looked that episode up Holloway to remind myself.
You're right , that is a great episode. As is ' Pretty Much Dead Already'' in season 2..
Stick with it Brian, it is good TV mate.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The Walking Dead on 21:44 - Oct 28 with 1914 viewsCiderwithRsie

I think Chelsea should just sack him.
The Walking Dead on 21:44 - Oct 28 with 1914 viewsHollowayRanger

The Walking Dead on 20:14 - Oct 28 by E17hoop

I rarely agree with you but on this, you are absolutely correct. The story took 2 episodes to build up to one moment in this episode and when this one happened it was brutal.

I'm a big fan of the series and it has improved over time. After the first series it did lull but has got better and better. The current one has been on form and Monday knocked me sideways a bit. I also liked the prequel, Fear the Walking Dead which took 3 episodes to get going but was very watchable by the end.

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Walking Dead on 07:33 - Oct 29 with 1849 viewsFDC

The Walking Dead on 14:03 - Oct 28 by robith

I'm committed to it as I read the comics, but it is one of the most erratic shows, quality wise

Season 1 - Amazing pilot, gradual decline from there
Season 2 - AMC doubled the number episodes and halved the budget. As such it is absolutely dire
Season 3 - the most erratic. There are some stone cold 10/10 episodes, there's some proper stinkers. Butchers one of the comics' best storylines, dire ending.

Then Scott Gimple who wrote the best episodes of the 1st 3 seasons took over as show runner

Season 4 - First half is basically correcting the mess Gimple was left with, the second half is very good, with a great pay off

Season 5 - Totally mixed up the story telling techniques, increased focus on characterisation, and full of brilliant set pieces

Season 6 - only 3 epsiodes in, but the best it's ever been. So good so far

Pretty much bang on imo.

I was totally hooked for the first season, and then had to hang in there a bit during the second which was a bit dull in places - although with some well executed scenes (Carol's daughter walking out of the barn...).

Season 3 was a bit jaunty because of the action being split across two locations. Season 4 definitely recaptures some of what made the first season great, with some dramatic set-pieces. I've only recently come back to it in Season 5 and enjoyed the (even) darker tone of it. Sounds like I should stick with it for Season 6!
The Walking Dead on 08:35 - Oct 29 with 1827 viewssimmo

The Walking Dead on 17:27 - Oct 28 by Hoop_Du_Jour

No!

Ha ha! I meant ALLOW apoilers, as in don't include them in this thread!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Walking Dead on 08:39 - Oct 29 with 1802 viewsFDC

The Walking Dead on 08:35 - Oct 29 by simmo

Ha ha! I meant ALLOW apoilers, as in don't include them in this thread!

Yeah totally.... Daryl, really?! I'm still getting over Ned Stark ffs
The Walking Dead on 08:48 - Oct 29 with 1794 viewsDorse

Whenever I watch things like this, I always have the same Zombie-based questions.

If the dead rise and kill / infect all the living, is that a bad thing? Surely, by doing so, disease is eliminated, as is pain and suffering, pollution, greed etc. The terms good and evil are rendered meaningless.

Also, if the zombies win, what do they eat? Can they eat other zombies?

Can zombies die of, say, old age or malnourishment?

Generally, I am facetious about, well, everything but these questions have always come up and disturb my repose. It's probably why I stopped watching the show (and pretty much every zombie-type thing). The only reason I sat through Resident Evil was because I have a colossal crush on Mila Jovovich. Same reason I watched Ultraviolet. That's two hours I won't get back. Totally worth it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Walking Dead on 08:57 - Oct 29 with 1785 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I have this on DVD it's fantastic.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Walking Dead on 09:01 - Oct 29 with 1779 viewsDiscodroids

been watching it since the first episode, and i can say only this...its quite good.

7/10.

dont touch that dial.

A Number One.

The Walking Dead on 09:48 - Oct 29 with 1755 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

The Walking Dead on 08:39 - Oct 29 by FDC

Yeah totally.... Daryl, really?! I'm still getting over Ned Stark ffs

Don't worry, I put "as an aside" about the Daryl mug because the character, who may or may not be dead, has nothing to do with me wanting the Daryl mug!

In summary, a fictional character on a TV show might be dead and I want a cup. No spoilers here chaps.
The Walking Dead on 09:48 - Oct 29 with 1752 viewsrobith

The Walking Dead on 08:48 - Oct 29 by Dorse

Whenever I watch things like this, I always have the same Zombie-based questions.

If the dead rise and kill / infect all the living, is that a bad thing? Surely, by doing so, disease is eliminated, as is pain and suffering, pollution, greed etc. The terms good and evil are rendered meaningless.

Generally, I am facetious about, well, everything but these questions have always come up and disturb my repose. It's probably why I stopped watching the show (and pretty much every zombie-type thing). The only reason I sat through Resident Evil was because I have a colossal crush on Mila Jovovich. Same reason I watched Ultraviolet. That's two hours I won't get back. Totally worth it.

One thing I like about TWD both TV and comics is that the premise is that *everyone* is infected, so when you die even naturally you turn. The title refers to the living as much as much as the deceased

Though on the comics, always annoying me they toned down the comics' most iconic line. Can have people torn limb from limb but can't drop an F bomb

The Walking Dead on 10:13 - Oct 29 with 1732 viewsichbinnaughty

FALSE TRAIL on iPlayer.
Swedish film.
Only
Available for a few more days.
Excellent viewing.
Strongly advise.
The Walking Dead on 10:38 - Oct 29 with 1719 viewsade_qpr

Watching the R's and The Walking Dead there is very little difference

series 1 was Warnock leading the charge out of Atlanta to promotion
series 2 was Warnock dying in the Premier League back to the farm
series 3 was set in a jail so of course it's only natural Hughes leading the Great Escape
series 4 was Rick/Hughes standing down from leadership Redcrapp takes over and watches the jail fail but another Bloody Zombie BZ helps out welcome to Terminus the saviour town of the Premiership
series 5 was home to Alexandra via relegation but not before TF finds religion in a church and annotes a new black pastor in CR
series 6 starts in a quarry as the R's mine new talent but this is offset by the Fans invading Alexandra trying to murder Henry. But wait one of the leading R's may of dyed in a shock move CR?? or not
You will have to wait for the next match.................

[Post edited 29 Oct 2015 10:40]

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

The Walking Dead on 11:14 - Oct 29 with 1691 viewsTheBlob

The Walking Dead on 08:48 - Oct 29 by Dorse

Yes,why are there no zombies in wheelchairs or those with a thirst for breastfeeding in public?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The Walking Dead on 11:15 - Oct 29 with 1687 viewsTheBlob

The Walking Dead on 11:14 - Oct 29 by TheBlob

Yes,why are there no zombies in wheelchairs or those with a thirst for breastfeeding in public?

....... or cyclists?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024