Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MK Franchise 16:32 - May 3 with 5369 viewstoboboly

Gutted they have been promoted. Will never go there. Disgusted by their conception and there but by the grace of God. Hate how the media never bother to question their legitimacy, should have started in the evo Stick league. Scum club.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

MK Franchise on 16:44 - May 3 with 3419 viewsloftus77

Agree - and a nice helpful 6 pts coming their way too. Nailed on.
[Post edited 3 May 2015 16:44]
MK Franchise on 16:58 - May 3 with 3356 viewsWatford_Ranger

Wholeheartedly agree although it's a good away day.

Who are these adults supporting them? How can you have any passion for a team that was invented in your 20s/30s/40s? Were they just supporters of United and Liverpool living in MK? What was wrong with going to Wycombe or Northampton, proper clubs?
MK Franchise on 17:01 - May 3 with 3338 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

MK Franchise on 16:58 - May 3 by Watford_Ranger

Who are these adults supporting them? How can you have any passion for a team that was invented in your 20s/30s/40s? Were they just supporters of United and Liverpool living in MK? What was wrong with going to Wycombe or Northampton, proper clubs?

Or these guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milton_Keynes_City_F.C.
MK Franchise on 17:06 - May 3 with 3329 viewsMonahoop

I never ever refer to them by their name, just Franchise. Horrid set up. I bet the footballing media and certain TV channels and pundits will be creaming all over them next season. Yuk!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

MK Franchise on 17:11 - May 3 with 3317 viewstoboboly

MK Franchise on 16:58 - May 3 by Watford_Ranger

Didn't go for the cup match and won't go for the league game. Will go to a non league club instead. Will never set foot there, only 91 clubs in the leagues since they started.

I go to Kingsmeadow a lot to watch K's and whilst we were there one of their fans wore the kit, got a picture and then fcked off!?! AFC weren't even playing and he was about 50. Epic thundercnt.

MK Franchise on 17:16 - May 3 with 3302 viewsthorpebankR

I agree they should never have been allowed to do what they did. It could have been us swallowed up if Winkleman had his way. I know a few people who go there and they want to support a local team. They are what I would call floating fans support Arsenal Spurs etc but go local as it's cheap and a good stadium. They are producing lots of young talent in the academy and are very active in the community so this all helps to build a fan base. They have very basic training facilities less than Harlington yet still produce good players. We have a lot to learn.
MK Franchise on 18:32 - May 3 with 3167 viewsDWQPR

Yawn! Same old, same old. Get over it. Fact is the old Wimbledon would have gone bust and replaced more than likely by a club that would have struggled to survive in the league. Instead you have a club that does great things in the town and youngsters that would never ever been engaged with a professional football club that would have otherwise been either celebrating the scums success today or supporting ManUre, Arsenal etc. They are a very well run club, a chairman that is as eager as ours but knows a manager when he sees one. An excellent youth set up producing kids that we could only hope to see in a hooped shirt. And the ground is fantastic. They certainly are a club on the up so get used to it. Now ask a few Kingstonian supporters what they think of AFC Wimbledon.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

MK Franchise on 18:35 - May 3 with 3147 viewspaulparker

MK Franchise on 18:32 - May 3 by DWQPR

Yawn! Same old, same old. Get over it. Fact is the old Wimbledon would have gone bust and replaced more than likely by a club that would have struggled to survive in the league. Instead you have a club that does great things in the town and youngsters that would never ever been engaged with a professional football club that would have otherwise been either celebrating the scums success today or supporting ManUre, Arsenal etc. They are a very well run club, a chairman that is as eager as ours but knows a manager when he sees one. An excellent youth set up producing kids that we could only hope to see in a hooped shirt. And the ground is fantastic. They certainly are a club on the up so get used to it. Now ask a few Kingstonian supporters what they think of AFC Wimbledon.

I'm ok with them going up
It's down the road from me and beats going to Preston on a Tuesday night

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

MK Franchise on 18:38 - May 3 with 3145 viewskensalriser

That all sounds perfectly fine DW, but they shouldn't have been allowed to take another club's league position.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

MK Franchise on 18:40 - May 3 with 3137 viewsWatford_Ranger

But there was already a club in the town that could have been built up and respected. Wimbledon may have gone, we don't know, but their supporters didn't deserve to have the club transported 60+ miles.
MK Franchise on 18:43 - May 3 with 3127 viewstoboboly

As a regular at K's I know exactly what is thought, however that would never have happened if winkleman never stole a club. If Wimbledon were to die out then that was to be however doing what was allowed not only killed off Wimbledon but also the local non league football in Milton keynes as well as hurting kingstonian.

I often enjoy your posts but on this I think you are wrong. I think their fans are twts and the club got a free pass to a league position they never deserved. Tell me how you'd feel if winkleman had got QPR as he initially intended?

MK Franchise on 18:45 - May 3 with 3119 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

TRANSLATION:

Fvck em, it ain't my club .
MK Franchise on 18:51 - May 3 with 3097 viewsBrianMcCarthy

They're filth.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

MK Franchise on 19:01 - May 3 with 3066 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

For all the fvck ups and dramas QPR football club has endured at the very least it is part of a history going back further than the lifespan of a pot plant and not built on the backs of a theft.

Worse than Chelsea in my opinion.
[Post edited 3 May 2015 19:02]
MK Franchise on 19:10 - May 3 with 3042 viewsDWQPR

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

They were at Selhurst Park, paying a huge rent in Division One (Championship), with crowds of 3k, owners who weren't prepared to bankroll them and heading for relegation with nobody wanting to buy them, and a huge debt. They were going bust and that is a fact. Winkelman took a huge chance and it paid off. Yes it could have been QPR but thanks to the fans it wasn't. Many Wimbledon fans did choose to follow them to MK and believe it not still travel to support them.

As far as the non-league scene in and around MK there has never been any real impetus and you could argue that Winkelman should have gone down this route but he chose not to. Like it or lump it all football teams are effectively franchises it is just that the vast majority do not move after a takeover.

And finally lets not forget that the original franchise football team was Arsenal.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

MK Franchise on 19:20 - May 3 with 3021 viewstoboboly

MK Franchise on 19:10 - May 3 by DWQPR

They were at Selhurst Park, paying a huge rent in Division One (Championship), with crowds of 3k, owners who weren't prepared to bankroll them and heading for relegation with nobody wanting to buy them, and a huge debt. They were going bust and that is a fact. Winkelman took a huge chance and it paid off. Yes it could have been QPR but thanks to the fans it wasn't. Many Wimbledon fans did choose to follow them to MK and believe it not still travel to support them.

As far as the non-league scene in and around MK there has never been any real impetus and you could argue that Winkelman should have gone down this route but he chose not to. Like it or lump it all football teams are effectively franchises it is just that the vast majority do not move after a takeover.

And finally lets not forget that the original franchise football team was Arsenal.

They stole a league position, THAT has never happened before or since. And, for me, was an indictment on the fa, winkleman and the forty year old plastics whom support them.

And if you believe that football clubs are franchises then you're Pearsons ostrich, complete rubbish.

MK Franchise on 19:27 - May 3 with 3001 viewsactonman

Agree 100% with above regarding stealing a club etc ?.......

However , they are here now and no matter what anybody says they are here to stay so we need to get used to that!
They WILl reach the premier league at some point in the next few seasons and I would not be surprised if they go up again next year !!

Half their fans are kids who have no ffking idea about the way they where formed.

The older lot ( the ones in their twentys etc ) really are a sight to behold when they get all football rowdy !

On a plus point , they are around the corner from me so the usual 7 hour round trip to watch us get beat will now only Take 10 mins to get home
MK Franchise on 19:32 - May 3 with 2992 viewsBrixtonR

Who gives a fck about the lard guzzling, whippet walking, flat cap wearing brass band playing wrong uns I bet their gutted their not playing Barnsley next season in the big derby.

Let's be honest forgetting the Franchise stuff the reason most aways never go there is because we've seen The Wicker Man.
MK Franchise on 19:48 - May 3 with 2958 viewsRangersw12

MK Franchise on 19:32 - May 3 by BrixtonR

Who gives a fck about the lard guzzling, whippet walking, flat cap wearing brass band playing wrong uns I bet their gutted their not playing Barnsley next season in the big derby.

Let's be honest forgetting the Franchise stuff the reason most aways never go there is because we've seen The Wicker Man.

I seem to remember you comparing MK to Helsinki when you visited after Brum away the other year !
MK Franchise on 19:50 - May 3 with 2951 viewsRangersw12

I'm no big fan of MK Dons but for me the Wimbledon fans didn't even fight for their club and allowed it to die
MK Franchise on 20:19 - May 3 with 2916 viewsNorthernr

Agree.

That manager has got something about him though.
MK Franchise on 20:23 - May 3 with 2901 viewsBrixtonR

MK Franchise on 19:48 - May 3 by Rangersw12

I seem to remember you comparing MK to Helsinki when you visited after Brum away the other year !

Ha Ha you got me there !
MK Franchise on 20:28 - May 3 with 2886 viewsYorkRanger

MK Franchise on 19:50 - May 3 by Rangersw12

I'm no big fan of MK Dons but for me the Wimbledon fans didn't even fight for their club and allowed it to die

Don't think that is fair. They were powerless because it was a financial play that they couldn't compete with. What should of happened is the club should have gone bust, be removed from the league and then the league formation be reformed start of the next season with an extra club coming into the league from the conference. AFC would gave formed as they hav anyway,
MK Franchise on 20:34 - May 3 with 2147 viewsTom

I'm a QPR fan in my 40's who lives in MK who was there today.

I've lived in MK since 1975 when my parents moved from Hayes.
Used to be a season ticket holder, these days am only a member and get to about 10 home games a season.

I have a young family, two boys who are football mad and play Saturday mornings which means getting to LR is a bit of a rush.

My boys both support QPR and come to games with me, meeting up with family / friends who go to QPR games. They both wear QPR shirts when out playing football with their friends, at football training and anywhere else we will let them.

However we can't get to every home game so do go to games
occasionally to watch the Dons as a lot of their friends go and the added bonus is that under 12's are free, so for about £15 we get an afternoon at a game, the kids are happy and we get to see a team that play good passing football.

I don't support the Dons, I don't stand up and cheer when they score but I don't mind my children cheering when their local team scores, to them and their friends they all class the Dons as their '2nd team' - not a phrase I believe in as you can't have a 2nd team, however it gets the kids into going to football with their friends on a Saturday afternoon which is a good thing in my opinion.

So on the plus side, it's good for MK, their academy is producing good young players, they are playing attractive passing football, it's cheap to watch in relatively comfortable surroundings.

I have colleagues at work who happen to have moved to MK for work and because they support teams like Liverpool / Norwich / Ipswich / Hull City / Celtic / Newcastle / Bristol City, all the London teams for whatever reason (work / wives / kids / finances) can't get to their teams games but can get to a live game at their local stadium and regularly go to games - surely that's good for football?

On the downside the formation of the team was wrong, the adults wearing replica kits and calling themselves 'MK Army' is just plain wrong, then again living locally I'd rather see these silly people wearing football shirts for their local team then the team they used to 'support' (but never attended matches at), I'm sure that we all know loads of people who support teams all over the country but never actually go to games, so getting those people to live football has got to a good thing?

The Dons are doing well and are doing a good job of attracting young fans, who will become fans over time.

In 10 years time when my oldest is 20 I'd love it if he was coming to watch QPR with me every other week, however if him and his friends were going to MK Dons games I'd be happy with that as he would be supporting his local team, however they were formed because that is what football is all about.

Fresh air not armchair!
MK Franchise on 20:38 - May 3 with 2129 viewsRangersw12

MK Franchise on 20:28 - May 3 by YorkRanger

Don't think that is fair. They were powerless because it was a financial play that they couldn't compete with. What should of happened is the club should have gone bust, be removed from the league and then the league formation be reformed start of the next season with an extra club coming into the league from the conference. AFC would gave formed as they hav anyway,

They should of been on the pitch every game and abandoning games rather than just accepting it IMO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024