Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Planet Swans logo 18:13 - Sep 29 with 9209 viewsDevz00

What do you think of the new logo? Any feedback is appreciated. All constructive criticism will also be taken on board (sort of)!

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

New Planet Swans logo on 20:09 - Sep 29 with 1923 viewsjelly

It looks like another advert.
New Planet Swans logo on 20:09 - Sep 29 with 1921 viewsjelly

And there's already too many of them.
New Planet Swans logo on 20:29 - Sep 29 with 1895 viewsShakinPyramid

New Planet Swans logo on 18:41 - Sep 29 by Neath_Jack

It reminds me of a Vauxhall badge, or some other car makers badge anyway.

This - don't like it all - sorry!
New Planet Swans logo on 20:31 - Sep 29 with 1890 viewsJokeren1943

I like the logo very much.

But integrated the text and logo much better into the background.
New Planet Swans logo on 20:41 - Sep 29 with 1882 viewsborinifanclub

looks more like a badger than a swan...........you have to know its a swan before you can see it as one! its crap tbh

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

New Planet Swans logo on 20:47 - Sep 29 with 1873 viewsjunior_jack

Looks like a Zebra's arse,
New Planet Swans logo on 21:09 - Sep 29 with 1854 viewsJonTheJack

I can't see how anyone CAN'T see it's a swan. Baffled me that one.

I think it's a good effort, a swan isn't your run of the mill shape to base a logo on. I do think the way it's been presented doesn't help it however. The square white box just plonked on the background we have just doesn't work; but that goes for the navigation system too. Just having a subtle background would improve the visuals of this site to no end.
New Planet Swans logo on 10:33 - Sep 30 with 1803 viewsDevz00

Hi all, cheers for the feedback. As with all design work, it's subjective. I don't expect all of you to like it but the fact that it was live for 2 days and nobody made a thread to moan about it is a decent start.

I'll try to summarise this as best as possible:

Dr Jackfath - the reason it's in a white box is because of the design of the website. Ideally, a website shouldn't have a small area as a limit for your logo. Unfortunately, this website has a large area for adverts and a small 216x90 pixel area for the logo.
If it was up to me then I'd have a large full-width banner covering the entire width of the page with the logo sitting on the left as it is now. The other issus is that we have a background image in use, of the Liberty, which makes it hard to see a logo that is just sat on top of it. The vast majority of logos work best on a plain coloured background rather than a background image like we have. This is why the white box was added. It's exaxtly 216x90 which is the requirement of the network.

ECB - I can appreciate that you liked the old logo but with the move to new site, the old logo looked like this -

Horrendous. That's the reason I offered to re-do the logo. I've used a very similar font to the one that was on the old logo and thought I'd add in an actual graphic to give it more identity and a bit more interest. I had to create my own swan design in order not to use official logos from the club and if you don't like it then, as above, it's subjective so I'm fine with that.

Jelly - I don't think it looks like an advert because it's constant. It doesn't animate or change on refreshing the page so I can only assume you mean that because it has a white box around it then it looks more like an ad? As above, there's a reason for that. I'd personally have a full white background rather than the Liberty background. Or a subtle gradient image.

ShakinPyramid - if you want to compare it with a logo of a multi-million pound company that's famous world-wide and probably cost a bomb to design then i'm cool with that.

Jokeren1943 - Thanks, I appreciate that! Regarding the background, see above.

Borinifanclub - maybe you should try the Liverpool or Sunderland forum? .

Juniorjack - haha. Great feedback.

JonTheJack - Thanks a lot. Good to see someone who's on the same page as me. Totally agree with the comment about the box and having a subtle background. The way it's designed, with a drop shadow and the extra depth that I added in after the initial vector drawing, it doesn't stand out on the current background so that's why the white box is there.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Login to get fewer ads

New Planet Swans logo on 10:39 - Sep 30 with 1797 viewsBaker

It's quite Oriental looking and makes me crave for a chinky.

I like it!

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

New Planet Swans logo on 10:45 - Sep 30 with 1792 viewsDevz00

New Planet Swans logo on 10:39 - Sep 30 by Baker

It's quite Oriental looking and makes me crave for a chinky.

I like it!

Thanks Baker. I'll take that.

New Planet Swans logo on 11:16 - Sep 30 with 1775 viewsLord_Bony

Most logos are abstract.that is it s not really obvious what it is but it gives the organisation whatever it is an identity.

A logo should be simple but recognisable.

I think this logo is ok actually but would like to have seen a few basic design submitted first even forum contributors could have put forward some ideas. After a poll taken then Devs could have designed around that maybe.

Anyway,can t complain,it does the job.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

New Planet Swans logo on 11:21 - Sep 30 with 1769 viewswr72

I can't figure it out.
New Planet Swans logo on 11:28 - Sep 30 with 1763 viewsBLAZE

It's very good. Well done
New Planet Swans logo on 12:13 - Sep 30 with 1733 viewsDewi1jack

Dev.
I think the fact (as you state) that there was no thread whining about the new logo (until you started one) speaks volumes.
Personally, I hadn't even noticed it, even though it's right in the centre of my eyeline Sorry.
You've given up your time to do something so

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

New Planet Swans logo on 12:27 - Sep 30 with 1724 viewsAndy1300

New Planet Swans logo on 18:52 - Sep 29 by Devz00

It's a white swan placed on a black semi circle. The Swan blends into the white background. Not sure how else to explain it... it's supposed to be that way. It's not really supposed to be in your face, more subtle. I can clearly make out a head though!
[Post edited 29 Sep 2013 18:54]

it needs a border to define the swans head

Number 1 team in Wales

New Planet Swans logo on 12:29 - Sep 30 with 1716 viewsDevz00

Lord Bony - Thanks for that. You are correct in what you're saying about the majority of logos and what most companies look for. With regards to submitting a few basic designs, the actual design process means putting together scamps and ideas before creating anything anyway. So this finished logo was one I was happy with and when I sent it on to Phil I explained that it was the first one did and he liked it so it went from there. I did think about putting a few rough ideas in a poll on here but creating logos isn't exactly a straight-forward simple job. I offered to do this for free and of course, it's done in my own spare time. I can appreciate where you are coming from though and like I say, it did cross my mind.

wr72 - I'm going to echo JonTheJack here and say that I can't see what people are struggling to make out? Can you not make the swan out? Generally interested and not trying to be defensive here.

Blaze - Top man. I expected you to 'get it'. Thanks.

Just to make things a little clearer, the purpose of this thread was to get your genuine thoughts and feedback as it's interesting to see what people think of my work. I'm not trying to get you all to say you love it or anything! On the flip-side, i'm happy to take bit of a knock with regards to criticism. I've trained 4 years and been a fully qualified designer for 5 years on top of that now so i'm comfortable enough in my own ability, i'm just genuinely interested in any feedback.

New Planet Swans logo on 12:31 - Sep 30 with 1712 viewsDevz00

New Planet Swans logo on 12:13 - Sep 30 by Dewi1jack

Dev.
I think the fact (as you state) that there was no thread whining about the new logo (until you started one) speaks volumes.
Personally, I hadn't even noticed it, even though it's right in the centre of my eyeline Sorry.
You've given up your time to do something so

Cheers Dewi.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:32 - Sep 30 with 1709 viewsDevz00

New Planet Swans logo on 12:27 - Sep 30 by Andy1300

New Planet Swans logo on 12:32 - Sep 30 with 1706 viewsDevz00

New Planet Swans logo on 12:27 - Sep 30 by Andy1300

If that's the general consensus then I will look at adding it around the head area and see what it looks like. I can upload it and see what you think then. Personally, I don't think it needs it.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2013 12:42]

New Planet Swans logo on 12:45 - Sep 30 with 1696 viewswr72

I've finally sussed it out.I was concentrating more on the black of the badge

Looks good now my limited brain has negotiaited it
New Planet Swans logo on 12:54 - Sep 30 with 1681 viewsDevz00

New Planet Swans logo on 12:45 - Sep 30 by wr72

I've finally sussed it out.I was concentrating more on the black of the badge

Looks good now my limited brain has negotiaited it

haha fair enough. I'm still struggling to see what people are struggling to see though .

As Andy said though, if it had a border around the head it would be more obvious, but it doesn't look as good in my opinion.

New Planet Swans logo on 13:06 - Sep 30 with 1673 viewsJoeSoccerFan

looks fine (I saw the Swan immediately) - after taking a second/third look, I can see a swimmer's cap with the ladies eye the black spot on the lower left trying to see the American football helmet.

I'd rather ration my complaints for important issues such as the free tickets.
New Planet Swans logo on 13:10 - Sep 30 with 1635 viewsDevz00

New Planet Swans logo on 13:06 - Sep 30 by JoeSoccerFan

looks fine (I saw the Swan immediately) - after taking a second/third look, I can see a swimmer's cap with the ladies eye the black spot on the lower left trying to see the American football helmet.

I'd rather ration my complaints for important issues such as the free tickets.

haha thanks Joe. It's not meant to be an optical illusion though!

New Planet Swans logo on 13:51 - Sep 30 with 1618 viewsTheFranchise

New Planet Swans logo on 10:33 - Sep 30 by Devz00

Hi all, cheers for the feedback. As with all design work, it's subjective. I don't expect all of you to like it but the fact that it was live for 2 days and nobody made a thread to moan about it is a decent start.

I'll try to summarise this as best as possible:

Dr Jackfath - the reason it's in a white box is because of the design of the website. Ideally, a website shouldn't have a small area as a limit for your logo. Unfortunately, this website has a large area for adverts and a small 216x90 pixel area for the logo.
If it was up to me then I'd have a large full-width banner covering the entire width of the page with the logo sitting on the left as it is now. The other issus is that we have a background image in use, of the Liberty, which makes it hard to see a logo that is just sat on top of it. The vast majority of logos work best on a plain coloured background rather than a background image like we have. This is why the white box was added. It's exaxtly 216x90 which is the requirement of the network.

ECB - I can appreciate that you liked the old logo but with the move to new site, the old logo looked like this -

Horrendous. That's the reason I offered to re-do the logo. I've used a very similar font to the one that was on the old logo and thought I'd add in an actual graphic to give it more identity and a bit more interest. I had to create my own swan design in order not to use official logos from the club and if you don't like it then, as above, it's subjective so I'm fine with that.

Jelly - I don't think it looks like an advert because it's constant. It doesn't animate or change on refreshing the page so I can only assume you mean that because it has a white box around it then it looks more like an ad? As above, there's a reason for that. I'd personally have a full white background rather than the Liberty background. Or a subtle gradient image.

ShakinPyramid - if you want to compare it with a logo of a multi-million pound company that's famous world-wide and probably cost a bomb to design then i'm cool with that.

Jokeren1943 - Thanks, I appreciate that! Regarding the background, see above.

Borinifanclub - maybe you should try the Liverpool or Sunderland forum? .

Juniorjack - haha. Great feedback.

JonTheJack - Thanks a lot. Good to see someone who's on the same page as me. Totally agree with the comment about the box and having a subtle background. The way it's designed, with a drop shadow and the extra depth that I added in after the initial vector drawing, it doesn't stand out on the current background so that's why the white box is there.

The old one on here was like that because it was taken from the original banner style logo from the old site. It was cropped from the single layer image file from the top of the page.

The layout of this site doesn't lend itself to a logo which is why the new one looks so bad. The site background needs fading out a bit because in my opinion, it's too bright.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:58 - Sep 30 with 1607 viewsDevz00

New Planet Swans logo on 13:51 - Sep 30 by TheFranchise

The old one on here was like that because it was taken from the original banner style logo from the old site. It was cropped from the single layer image file from the top of the page.

The layout of this site doesn't lend itself to a logo which is why the new one looks so bad. The site background needs fading out a bit because in my opinion, it's too bright.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024