Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it last season again? 16:59 - Aug 24 with 13387 viewsGhanaDale

I'm sorry, but from someone who was at the match that was utter dogshite
9 players went missing today, only credit goes to Lancashire and Henderson but otherwise that was a pile of steaming turd. Not impressed!

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Is it last season again? on 13:34 - Aug 27 with 2610 viewsSalwaDale

Is it last season again? on 13:29 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

I hope Tutte proves me wrong because it means it will benefit the club but apart from one or two lung busting runs during a game i just see him disappear for the remainder.

Its nothing new though we have had plenty like him down the years, they walk the walk but dont talk the talk and until Tutte does it week in and week out he needs to drop the prima donna act and try to improve his performances.

In fairness though he is playing a little bit out of position if he is covering for Cavanagh, but it doesnt excuse the schoolgirl tantrums

Time for him to go. I honestly think his attitude damages the team more than his ability brings to the team. He did do well under Coleman at the start of last season but the tantrums are just ridiculous and can only be undermining what Hill is trying to achieve. I was very surprised he was offered (and accepted) a contract. His performance at Doncaster made me think twice about my views but I think I was probably right in the first place. The season after Wembley the attitudes of one or two players were (in my opinion) what cost us promotion. I think some 'shape shifting' needs to happen or we will fail to achieve this season.

TBBT

Is it last season again? on 13:45 - Aug 27 with 2590 viewsTalkingSutty

Is it last season again? on 13:34 - Aug 27 by SalwaDale

Time for him to go. I honestly think his attitude damages the team more than his ability brings to the team. He did do well under Coleman at the start of last season but the tantrums are just ridiculous and can only be undermining what Hill is trying to achieve. I was very surprised he was offered (and accepted) a contract. His performance at Doncaster made me think twice about my views but I think I was probably right in the first place. The season after Wembley the attitudes of one or two players were (in my opinion) what cost us promotion. I think some 'shape shifting' needs to happen or we will fail to achieve this season.

Got to agree, if Tutte can show that sort of petulance in front of the dugout then what message does it send to the rest of the squad?

It completley undermines Keith Hill and what he stands for, in fact its a flashback to the Coleman era. BBM needs bollocking for picking Tuttes kit up but thats the problem isnt it, he has probably had minions blowing hot air up his arse since he was a kid.

Can you imagine what Brian Clough would have done in a similar situation !!
Is it last season again? on 14:09 - Aug 27 with 2557 views442Dale

Is it last season again? on 13:00 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

Some suggested Jones inclusion in the starting eleven was stifling Tutte and it was best for all parties if Jonah seeked pastures new.

They must be laughing their gonads off at Valley Parade, we let our best player just leave the club (He was our best player), in fact some fans held the door open for him and waved him off

Anyway, Tuttes the future apparantly, cant wait !!

Honestly can't recall who wanted Jones to leave. It made sense back in 2011 for him to be an important member of the squad and be used intelligently - one thing Parkinson has done at Bradford. The Tutte argument was never just that, it was that we never went with JK and Tutte as a two at various stages in the relegation season. Well, that was my view anyway!

I'd have liked Jones to stay, but it was best for all parties at the time that he left when he did. We all know why. And even now, if you asked the player himself, it's almost certain he'll say his game was reinvigorated by the move and he's gone on to enjoy the best time of his career. Fair play to him.

Best player? Wasn't even in the season he won awards for it. But again, all about opinions.

And you were asking about Jordan, TVOS? At fault for two goals when they lost at home the other week. I'm counting.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is it last season again? on 14:16 - Aug 27 with 2547 views442Dale

Is it last season again? on 12:38 - Aug 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Agreed.

It's funny, and I think Col has touched on this, players from Premier academies often seem to think they're better than they actually are. Do you remember the fanfare afforded to the mighty David Ball and Harry Bunn by Eyre and Bunn (senior). The reality is they were inconsistent performers who have not, despite the gushing praise of all things GMR and Man City, graced the Champions League or Roy Hodgson's squad. On the contrary, both have failed to make an impact in the lower leagues.

If Tutte had the same 'support' he'll probably think he should be in the side every week, not be subbed and is better than Rochdale. We see Cav and Lund and before that Jones and Kennedy and Jason Taylor and before that Perkins and think the opposite. They were genuinely very good lower league footballers and are head and shoulders above the mighty Tutte.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2013 12:46]

It's too much of a coincidence that the attitude exists amongst City youngsters. Add the likes of Brown, Johnson and Barton to the list going back slightly further.

Is it last season again? on 14:33 - Aug 27 with 2527 views49thseason

Is it last season again? on 12:25 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

Bit harsh on Etuhu.

He only played a handful of games, scored twice and then got injured.

True, his career hasn't really kicked on since then, but I thought he did well in his time with us.

Agree with the others though. 442 might want to add something about Jordan.

You might be right about Etuhu but it didn't stop him getting "involved" in the nightclub incident. there are seemingly a lot of City kids / Ex City kids who have an over-inflated view of their ability and their importance. I wonder who is responsible for allowing that state of affairs to exist?
The City Academy seems to take in plenty of young players with some talent and then releases them with no great improvement in ability or attitude. No great investment in life-skills there then.

BTW I forgot to mention Redshaw and Benali as two more City cast-offs that didn't seem to work for us.
Is it last season again? on 14:33 - Aug 27 with 2527 viewsTVOS1907

Is it last season again? on 14:16 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

It's too much of a coincidence that the attitude exists amongst City youngsters. Add the likes of Brown, Johnson and Barton to the list going back slightly further.

What about Willie Burns and Steve Kinsey?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Is it last season again? on 14:40 - Aug 27 with 2510 viewsColDale

Is it last season again? on 12:38 - Aug 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Agreed.

It's funny, and I think Col has touched on this, players from Premier academies often seem to think they're better than they actually are. Do you remember the fanfare afforded to the mighty David Ball and Harry Bunn by Eyre and Bunn (senior). The reality is they were inconsistent performers who have not, despite the gushing praise of all things GMR and Man City, graced the Champions League or Roy Hodgson's squad. On the contrary, both have failed to make an impact in the lower leagues.

If Tutte had the same 'support' he'll probably think he should be in the side every week, not be subbed and is better than Rochdale. We see Cav and Lund and before that Jones and Kennedy and Jason Taylor and before that Perkins and think the opposite. They were genuinely very good lower league footballers and are head and shoulders above the mighty Tutte.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2013 12:46]

For me, its a hunger thing. We saw it years back with Simon Davies (and his imfamous comment to Widgibob). When you've been at a top flight academy, you understandably have dreams of Premiership success and wealth, and are backed by those around who will constantly tell you how wonderful that you are.

No disrespect to ourselves, but if you were at Man U or Man City, then at Dale, then those ambitions are somewhat curtailed. To an extent, playing at Dale is a little beneath them, and I don't think it would be surprising to see a drop in the commitment to match the drop in ambition.

I would wager that around 95% of our successful players have joined the club on the way up, rather than the way down, and in doing that, we are tapping into players who still have that hunger and desire to make it rather than those who are simply settling for playing in the lower leagues.
Is it last season again? on 15:23 - Aug 27 with 2459 viewsTalkingSutty

Is it last season again? on 14:40 - Aug 27 by ColDale

For me, its a hunger thing. We saw it years back with Simon Davies (and his imfamous comment to Widgibob). When you've been at a top flight academy, you understandably have dreams of Premiership success and wealth, and are backed by those around who will constantly tell you how wonderful that you are.

No disrespect to ourselves, but if you were at Man U or Man City, then at Dale, then those ambitions are somewhat curtailed. To an extent, playing at Dale is a little beneath them, and I don't think it would be surprising to see a drop in the commitment to match the drop in ambition.

I would wager that around 95% of our successful players have joined the club on the way up, rather than the way down, and in doing that, we are tapping into players who still have that hunger and desire to make it rather than those who are simply settling for playing in the lower leagues.

But the players we are talking about from the City academy have never made it and in most cases had never played a football league match. I dont see how being attached to a Premiership academy is even viewed as "having made it", they are kids who have yet to prove themselves in professional football, and i include league two and Rochdale in that.

There is a massive gulf between academy level and pro football and the majority fall by the wayside. Look at Ecclestone and Bunn when they played at Spotland, to listen to the so call experts and coaches we where honoured to have them on board, in reality they couldnt cut the mustard and they still havent.

If the players themselves deem playing in the lower leagues beneath them, then you have to question their attitude. I always thought playing in the football league would trump playing for an academy team everyday of the week in the bragging stakes, i never considered that they would see playing first team football at Rochdale as beneath them, you might be right, but how deluded must these lads be ?
Login to get fewer ads

Is it last season again? on 15:30 - Aug 27 with 2449 views442Dale

Is it last season again? on 14:40 - Aug 27 by ColDale

What was the Davies comment? I'll blame him for the disappearance of yellow Beetles in Norden.

Is it last season again? on 15:42 - Aug 27 with 2436 viewsColDale

Is it last season again? on 15:30 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

What was the Davies comment? I'll blame him for the disappearance of yellow Beetles in Norden.

unless I have completely imagined this (whch is always possible), but wasn't he at a wedding when Davies was at Man U, and Davies announced that he'd never play for a club like Rochdale?
Is it last season again? on 15:52 - Aug 27 with 2408 viewsColDale

Is it last season again? on 15:23 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

But the players we are talking about from the City academy have never made it and in most cases had never played a football league match. I dont see how being attached to a Premiership academy is even viewed as "having made it", they are kids who have yet to prove themselves in professional football, and i include league two and Rochdale in that.

There is a massive gulf between academy level and pro football and the majority fall by the wayside. Look at Ecclestone and Bunn when they played at Spotland, to listen to the so call experts and coaches we where honoured to have them on board, in reality they couldnt cut the mustard and they still havent.

If the players themselves deem playing in the lower leagues beneath them, then you have to question their attitude. I always thought playing in the football league would trump playing for an academy team everyday of the week in the bragging stakes, i never considered that they would see playing first team football at Rochdale as beneath them, you might be right, but how deluded must these lads be ?

If you are regularly playing football for a Premiership academy side, then its perfectly understandable that these youngsters will assume that it will automatically transpire that when old enough, they'll be playing first team football at an equivalent level. Their ambition at this age is not to be a professional footballer, but to be a Premiership footballer.
Is it last season again? on 16:11 - Aug 27 with 2378 views442Dale

Is it last season again? on 15:42 - Aug 27 by ColDale

unless I have completely imagined this (whch is always possible), but wasn't he at a wedding when Davies was at Man U, and Davies announced that he'd never play for a club like Rochdale?

That does indeed sound familiar. In reply, Mr W.Bob probably said he'd never play for a side like the Blue Ball.

Is it last season again? on 16:22 - Aug 27 with 2366 viewsTVOS1907

Is it last season again? on 15:42 - Aug 27 by ColDale

We could argue that he didn't, tbf!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Is it last season again? on 16:28 - Aug 27 with 2359 viewsTalkingSutty

Is it last season again? on 15:52 - Aug 27 by ColDale

If you are regularly playing football for a Premiership academy side, then its perfectly understandable that these youngsters will assume that it will automatically transpire that when old enough, they'll be playing first team football at an equivalent level. Their ambition at this age is not to be a professional footballer, but to be a Premiership footballer.

The relevant coaches should be preparing them for disappointment then because the reality of the situation is that very few of them will progress to play in the Premiership, maybe the players families should also be giving these kids a reality check.

The chances of a young English kid progressing straight through to a Premiership team starting eleven must be one in a hundred and thats being very optimistic. They dont wait for talent these days, they dont have the patience. They just look abroad and pay the going rate.
Is it last season again? on 18:14 - Aug 27 with 2278 views49thseason

Is it last season again? on 16:28 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

The relevant coaches should be preparing them for disappointment then because the reality of the situation is that very few of them will progress to play in the Premiership, maybe the players families should also be giving these kids a reality check.

The chances of a young English kid progressing straight through to a Premiership team starting eleven must be one in a hundred and thats being very optimistic. They dont wait for talent these days, they dont have the patience. They just look abroad and pay the going rate.

In fact you could argue that Premiership clubs should be banned from running academies or at least limited to maybe 5 or 6 "apprentices". I think the football authorities have got this part of the game completely wrong and should be encouraging clubs lower down the pyramid to set players off up the ladder rather than allowing premiership clubs to set so many up for a fall which in many cases never seems to stop.
Its not as if the Prem clubs can't afford to buy the players that ultimately would reach the top of the Football league pyramid.
Is it last season again? on 18:17 - Aug 27 with 2275 viewsD_Alien

Is it last season again? on 16:28 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

Whilst from any "real world" point of view your comment is correct about coaches preparing youngsters for the fact they might not make it - I suspect the opposite is true.

In fact, in order to succeed and fight their way into a premiership team, the coaches are more likely to be inculcating a sense of superiority - even arrogance - without which it would be difficult for all but the most exceptional youngsters to make it.

The concept of "visualising" yourself performing some task (such as making a speech or delivering a presentation) comes into play. The coaches will have those lads visualising themselves into being able to compete with established internationals. Having done that, it must be a complete bummer to find themselves competing with hungry pro's coming up from the lower leagues, especially if the manager thinks their work ethic is superior.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is it last season again? on 19:30 - Aug 27 with 2213 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I'm not sure it's an effort thing with Tutte. When I watch him I never feel that he is lazy or holding back any effort. His chasing, despite the futility of most it, reveals an impressive level of fitness and willingness. The fact that he has to resort to this chasing is, for me, part of his problem not an attribute of his. Whilst I'm one of his biggest critics, it would be wrong of me to question Tutte's effort and willingness. I'm even willing to accept that his tantrum may have been a result of genuine disappointment with himself rather than Hilly.
His problem is that in his time as a Dale player he has not really looked as good as his peers on the pitch - Jones, Kennedy, Cav and Lund. There is a chance he now maybe overtaken by Hery.
Why is that, if it's not a result of insufficient effort?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Is it last season again? on 20:41 - Aug 28 with 2108 viewspl56

Is it last season again? on 19:30 - Aug 27 by BigDaveMyCock

I'm not sure it's an effort thing with Tutte. When I watch him I never feel that he is lazy or holding back any effort. His chasing, despite the futility of most it, reveals an impressive level of fitness and willingness. The fact that he has to resort to this chasing is, for me, part of his problem not an attribute of his. Whilst I'm one of his biggest critics, it would be wrong of me to question Tutte's effort and willingness. I'm even willing to accept that his tantrum may have been a result of genuine disappointment with himself rather than Hilly.
His problem is that in his time as a Dale player he has not really looked as good as his peers on the pitch - Jones, Kennedy, Cav and Lund. There is a chance he now maybe overtaken by Hery.
Why is that, if it's not a result of insufficient effort?

I actually think that's one of the best reasoned arguments on this thread , even though I don't yet agree with the conclusion .

To me too many people are operating a kangaroo court principle of forming fixed judgments without perhaps full knowledge of the facts . No one actually knows that Hilly fell out with Tutte first time around , no one knows for certain if he has an attitude problem , and no-one knows the facts behind what happened at Plymouth . Only Keith Hill will know for certain , and his is the key opinion . It just seems on this board there must always be a scapegoat and Tutte fits the bill this time around .

As a counter to some of the above assumptions , I take note of the fact that it was KH who first brought him to the club (and he has made few mistakes that haven't been cleared out immediately) , when freed by City , all three clubs with whom he had loan spells were understood to be keen to re-sign him (what attitude problem ?) , when KH returned , he not only trusted in Tutte till his injury , but then offered a two year contract , attractive enough to be signed without seemingly much question (no great evidence there of an attitude problem in his first spell ?) . It seems to me certain posters on here have a tendency to believe in scenarios that support the conclusions they wish to draw .

Oh , and I was one who felt Jones' time was up and that he was not up to a full season in Div 1 in midfield and I think he should have left or accepted a 12 month contract in 2011 , a view reinforced by his use in Eyre's naïve tactics and selections . After that season , it was probably inevitably time for him to move on , and I was pleased he performed well back in Div 2 for Bradford ; I will be interested however to see how he fares back in Div 1 over a full season .
Is it last season again? on 20:59 - Aug 28 with 2091 viewsnordenblue

There's many on here only view Jones through rose tints regardless of how poor he was for games on end for us and the opposite applies for certain others like Tutte, the stories and bending of the truth to fit certain posters point of view are sometimes staggering, Tutte hasn't grabbed this opportunity one bit i totally agree but to start the old debate about his poor attitude is a cheap shot, obviously isn't a concern to Hilly having recently offered such a bad apple a long contract!!Id rather have a player with a bit of passion and being pissed off at being subbed than some not bothered sit on the bench type, happy just to drag a wage
Is it last season again? on 22:29 - Aug 28 with 2024 viewsTalkingSutty

Is it last season again? on 20:59 - Aug 28 by nordenblue

There's many on here only view Jones through rose tints regardless of how poor he was for games on end for us and the opposite applies for certain others like Tutte, the stories and bending of the truth to fit certain posters point of view are sometimes staggering, Tutte hasn't grabbed this opportunity one bit i totally agree but to start the old debate about his poor attitude is a cheap shot, obviously isn't a concern to Hilly having recently offered such a bad apple a long contract!!Id rather have a player with a bit of passion and being pissed off at being subbed than some not bothered sit on the bench type, happy just to drag a wage

Jones had some poor games over his career at Spotland and understandably had some poor ones under Coleman but he wasnt on his own. His good games far outweighed his poor performances and the fact he swept the board at Bradfords end of season awards shows what a quality player he was and still is, its not a case of rose tinted glasses.

Now we come on to Tutte and i am struggling to fathom what impact he has had on out team since his arrival. Both Coleman and Hill seem to struggle to start him in the first eleven , so that tells you something.

The incident in front of the dugout wasnt a show of passion it was petulance, passion is what real footballers show on the field of play. I wasnt at the game but apparantly it was embarrassing to watch.

We all like our players in different ways and my type are the footballers who lead from the front, the Gary Jones type who can make a difference in a game. I view Tutte as a kid with a lot to prove who seems incredulous with the fact that he is playing with lowly Rochdale, a spoilt brat in other words and flinging his toys to the ground on Saturday just confirmed my thoughts.

To mention Tutte in the same breath as Jones is laughable but thats only my opinion and obviously you disagree, which is fine.
Is it last season again? on 23:37 - Aug 28 with 1985 viewspl56

Is it last season again? on 22:29 - Aug 28 by TalkingSutty

Jones had some poor games over his career at Spotland and understandably had some poor ones under Coleman but he wasnt on his own. His good games far outweighed his poor performances and the fact he swept the board at Bradfords end of season awards shows what a quality player he was and still is, its not a case of rose tinted glasses.

Now we come on to Tutte and i am struggling to fathom what impact he has had on out team since his arrival. Both Coleman and Hill seem to struggle to start him in the first eleven , so that tells you something.

The incident in front of the dugout wasnt a show of passion it was petulance, passion is what real footballers show on the field of play. I wasnt at the game but apparantly it was embarrassing to watch.

We all like our players in different ways and my type are the footballers who lead from the front, the Gary Jones type who can make a difference in a game. I view Tutte as a kid with a lot to prove who seems incredulous with the fact that he is playing with lowly Rochdale, a spoilt brat in other words and flinging his toys to the ground on Saturday just confirmed my thoughts.

To mention Tutte in the same breath as Jones is laughable but thats only my opinion and obviously you disagree, which is fine.

QED
Is it last season again? on 06:57 - Aug 29 with 1950 viewsnordenblue

Is it last season again? on 22:29 - Aug 28 by TalkingSutty

Why is mentioning Tutte and Jones in the same breath laughable?Both played for Rochdale in a similar position at the same time,hardly seems that extreme to me?I was never comparing the 2 but stating a fact how many on here view individuals regardless of the specific player, i don't remember any form of discontent when the decision was made for Jones to leave in fact many rumours on here that he was in fact the bad apple causing problems in the dressing room, the same could now possibly be applied to Tutte if things are to be believed.
Jones was and still is a decent league 2 player having played the majority of his career there its no real shock,lets not blow him up as some world beater though.
Is it last season again? on 09:20 - Aug 29 with 1902 viewsAtThePeake

Is it last season again? on 06:57 - Aug 29 by nordenblue

Why is mentioning Tutte and Jones in the same breath laughable?Both played for Rochdale in a similar position at the same time,hardly seems that extreme to me?I was never comparing the 2 but stating a fact how many on here view individuals regardless of the specific player, i don't remember any form of discontent when the decision was made for Jones to leave in fact many rumours on here that he was in fact the bad apple causing problems in the dressing room, the same could now possibly be applied to Tutte if things are to be believed.
Jones was and still is a decent league 2 player having played the majority of his career there its no real shock,lets not blow him up as some world beater though.

I was disappointed when Jones left, but I agree that it was the right time. In hindsight, it was only the right time because of the strained relationship between him and Coleman. I wonder whether, had Hill been back with us already by that point, Jones would have still considered a move away.

He was poor in the relegation season, I agree, but I felt we could forgive one season (in which it was hard to say any player wasn't poor) for the many outstanding seasons he had given us - particularly the season before when he managed 18 goals from midfield.

Anyway, what's done is done with Jones, and Tutte isn't going to be near the first team when Cavanagh is back after the Oxford game. This is where we'll see what his attitude is like, and see how he reacts to spending what is likely to be a lengthy spell watching from the subs bench. As for the whole throwing stuff around after he was subbed off for me, that was not passion whatsoever. We've seen passionate players be subbed off at Dale who have never done that. It was petulance, it was like watching a little kid who thought he was the best player on the team and had been taken off. The Plymouth fans were laughing their heads off at him yet he carried on, embarrassing himself and us. I hope that's the last show of that sort of attitude and he gets his head down and starts working on improving his game and trying to get back into the starting eleven.

Tangled up in blue.

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 1878 viewsnordenblue

Is it last season again? on 09:20 - Aug 29 by AtThePeake

I was disappointed when Jones left, but I agree that it was the right time. In hindsight, it was only the right time because of the strained relationship between him and Coleman. I wonder whether, had Hill been back with us already by that point, Jones would have still considered a move away.

He was poor in the relegation season, I agree, but I felt we could forgive one season (in which it was hard to say any player wasn't poor) for the many outstanding seasons he had given us - particularly the season before when he managed 18 goals from midfield.

Anyway, what's done is done with Jones, and Tutte isn't going to be near the first team when Cavanagh is back after the Oxford game. This is where we'll see what his attitude is like, and see how he reacts to spending what is likely to be a lengthy spell watching from the subs bench. As for the whole throwing stuff around after he was subbed off for me, that was not passion whatsoever. We've seen passionate players be subbed off at Dale who have never done that. It was petulance, it was like watching a little kid who thought he was the best player on the team and had been taken off. The Plymouth fans were laughing their heads off at him yet he carried on, embarrassing himself and us. I hope that's the last show of that sort of attitude and he gets his head down and starts working on improving his game and trying to get back into the starting eleven.

my post seems to have vanished!!pretty much agree with all of that and Hilly won't stand bad behavior for long so see where that leads,funny old game as the player people are waiting to come back in the starting 11 is the very same man who was written off by many posters on here and given shocking abuse not long ago!!!
[Post edited 29 Aug 2013 10:10]
Is it last season again? on 12:38 - Aug 29 with 1820 viewsfitzochris

Well, the transfer deadline is a loomin', so if Hilly wants to do anything permanent - in or out - I'm sure we'll hear very soon.

I suspect we'll be going the loan route as for as incoming players go, though.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024