Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ivor Allchurch 15:02 - Aug 12 with 1363 viewspatrickcallaghan

Ivor Allchurch was the golden boy of Welsh football in a golden period for the game, culminating in the national side reaching the quarter finals of the 1958 World Cup. His record of 68 Wales caps stood until 1986. In total he played 691 games and scored 249 goals for Swansea City, in two spells, Newcastle United and Cardiff City. He started his career at Swansea in 1947, but didn’t make his debut until 1950-51 due to National Service. He quickly made up for it, gliding past players and picking out pin-point passes with an educated left foot. Noted for scoring most of his goals from outside the box, he drew praise wherever he played. No less than Sir Matt Busby once said he was so good he didn’t need a number on his back for identification. He died at home in his beloved Swansea in 1997. To mourn his passing and show their appreciation, hundreds turned out for the funeral of a man who was awarded an MBE in recognition of his services to football.

http://properplayer.com/proper-players/ivor-allchurch-web/
Ivor Allchurch on 21:43 - Aug 12 with 1179 viewsskewenman

My old man,s fav player
Ivor Allchurch on 22:15 - Aug 12 with 1135 viewstf_jack

Ivor Allchurch on 21:43 - Aug 12 by skewenman

My old man,s fav player

Two of my first cousins (Esme and Betty)married Ivor and Len.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Ivor Allchurch on 10:52 - Aug 13 with 1009 viewsperchrockjack

Its hard to be objective about old players and to compare them with present players.
No problem here though as Ivor still stands alone for skill, grace and attitude.
I was discussing the legend word with Belfast only last week ;well this guy IS.

He is still a legend on Tyneside too and you ll find nobody anywhere in the football word with a bad word to say about him.
He really was that good and a thoroughly humble and honourable man taken from us far too early.

NEVER FORGOTTEN

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024