Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The season so far.... 20:24 - Oct 6 with 1285 viewsQJumpingJack

P9 W3 D3 L3 Pts 12
Goals For 8
Goals Against 6

Pretty average.
At this rate it means we will be on for 60 points.
The question is - can our very thin squad deal with three games in a week?

The wins against Norwich and Coventry are big positives.
The draw against Cardiff was very disappointing considering how bad Cardiff have been this season.

The season so far.... on 20:29 - Oct 6 with 1267 viewsWhiterockin

The biggest plus for me this season is we have tightened up at the back and stopped giving silly goals away. Thanks in no small part to Vigouroux who has saved us several times.
The season so far.... on 21:09 - Oct 6 with 1215 viewsRichardO

The season so far.... on 20:29 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

The biggest plus for me this season is we have tightened up at the back and stopped giving silly goals away. Thanks in no small part to Vigouroux who has saved us several times.

Not giving away as many silly goals and are w making it harder to score against which increases the pressure on opposition players to score when they get the chance?
The season so far.... on 21:19 - Oct 6 with 1193 viewsJust_Dave

I think the past week has proved our squad isn't strong enough to handle 3 games in a week.
The season so far.... on 21:33 - Oct 6 with 1172 viewsQJumpingJack

Next 8 games - what will we get - I am going for 6 points out of 24.

Blackburn a - lose
Sheff Wed a - lose
Millwall h - win
Oxford a - lose
Watford h - win
Burnley a - lose (badly)
Leeds h - lose
Derby a - lose
The season so far.... on 06:21 - Oct 7 with 1014 viewsRichardO

The season so far.... on 21:33 - Oct 6 by QJumpingJack

Blackburn a - lose
Sheff Wed a - lose
Millwall h - win
Oxford a - lose
Watford h - win
Burnley a - lose (badly)
Leeds h - lose
Derby a - lose

Don't think we will lose all our away games can see us winning one or two at least a couple of draws maybe five points max, as for the home games two wins seems a tall order at the moment but would expect four, even five points.
9 or 10 points out of 24 in a run of games of which 5 are away .

Or we could go really optimistic with 3 win at home as we finally sort out upping our goal attempts and finding that elusive cutting edge up front, 9 points and away 3 draws , one win and a defeat 6 points as our substitutions keep us firmly in control and with the extra height of most of our subs not being overwhelmed by in the last minutes aerial bombardment that we seem to get subjected to when the opposition put the taller than average players on,, and our new found willinness to capitalise on territory gained by actually throw the ball quickly forward into dangerous areas of the pitch not allowing the opposition to comfortable get back into defensive positions I sure there was a reason to have lots of balls mounted at the side of the pitch, it was to keep the tempo of the attacking teams game upsand stop time wasting.
15 points in total out of 24.please đź‘Ť
[Post edited 7 Oct 17:33]
The season so far.... on 11:42 - Oct 7 with 859 viewsblackpooljack

Blackburn a - lose
Sheff Wed a - lose
Millwall h - win
Oxford a - lose
Watford h - win
Burnley a - lose (badly)
Leeds h - lose
Derby a - lose

Far to pessimistic
The season so far.... on 13:39 - Oct 7 with 791 viewsonehunglow

The season so far.... on 11:42 - Oct 7 by blackpooljack

Far to pessimistic

We will win the lot

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The season so far.... on 14:11 - Oct 7 with 761 viewspencoedjack

Blackburn a - lose
Sheff Wed a - lose
Millwall h - win
Oxford a - lose
Watford h - win
Burnley a - lose (badly)
Leeds h - lose
Derby a - lose

I see no reason why we can't pick up points at

Blackburn
Sheff Weds
Oxford &
Derby
Login to get fewer ads

The season so far.... on 14:21 - Oct 7 with 754 viewsEagleEye

The season so far.... on 14:11 - Oct 7 by pencoedjack

I see no reason why we can't pick up points at

Blackburn
Sheff Weds
Oxford &
Derby

Agree with that.

It’s been a strange season so far & we have exceeded expectations in terms of points on the board. We have gained points where we scarcely deserved them & dropped points where we should have won games. I think there could well be tougher times ahead unless the coach sorts out the square pegs in round holes syndrome with his selections & substitutions
The season so far.... on 14:51 - Oct 7 with 716 viewsWhiterockin

The season so far.... on 21:19 - Oct 6 by Just_Dave

I think the past week has proved our squad isn't strong enough to handle 3 games in a week.

6 of the 12 championship matches on the weekend were draws, how much is down to the fatigue of three games in a week.
The season so far.... on 15:51 - Oct 7 with 672 viewsAzzuriswan

An optimistic 12 points from the 8 games. We will win a couple of them with luck and some draws to boot.
The season so far.... on 16:00 - Oct 7 with 659 viewsonehunglow

The season so far.... on 14:21 - Oct 7 by EagleEye

Agree with that.

It’s been a strange season so far & we have exceeded expectations in terms of points on the board. We have gained points where we scarcely deserved them & dropped points where we should have won games. I think there could well be tougher times ahead unless the coach sorts out the square pegs in round holes syndrome with his selections & substitutions

We have had some lucky wins and fortunate draws and are not as good as our position suggests
Truth

He needs to start coaching and quit whining or offering excuses

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The season so far.... on 21:33 - Oct 7 with 529 viewsQJumpingJack

The season so far.... on 16:00 - Oct 7 by onehunglow

We have had some lucky wins and fortunate draws and are not as good as our position suggests
Truth

He needs to start coaching and quit whining or offering excuses

Just my opinion but I would feel more confident if Luke had an experienced number 2.
Who does he turn to when he needs advice? I remember Russ wanting Colin Calderwood at the club but it never happened for whatever reason.
The season so far.... on 09:46 - Oct 8 with 424 viewsRichardO

The season so far.... on 21:33 - Oct 7 by QJumpingJack

Just my opinion but I would feel more confident if Luke had an experienced number 2.
Who does he turn to when he needs advice? I remember Russ wanting Colin Calderwood at the club but it never happened for whatever reason.

After Luke and Sheehan being in place when we had bad losses to a number of clubs last season they should have enough footage to see where things went wrong against them, even seeing the swings from dominance to capitulation in games this season, they really need to analyse exactly what worked and what didn't , see who or what areas of the games were targeted and how to improve our players and tactics to counters these changes made by more experienced manager with so-called better players.

Duff had a little run of good games as Platino settled in the midfield early in the season before coming up against Leicester, Duff changed his approach to that game going more defensive but his players got the marking all wrong showing a lack of experience against a well organised experienced team, changes were made after that game but Duff's team never recovered because he didn't pay attention to what had gone before, Martin was also guilty of not learning by his and his teams mistakes.

Yes we may have some blunt tools at the moment but it is up to the manager to ensure that the players are not pressurised to play solely in a certain way to the extent that negate their skill sets that they have learnt but enhances them.

We saw a higher number of goal scoring chances on Saturday while still maintaining a clean sheet, Williams gaining experience and knowledge of his teams skills, yes but not getting us firing on all cylinders yet but there seems to be progress
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024