Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 46 17:32 - Oct 4 with 484 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Does anyone know, maybe noah perhaps, how many fans attend all 46 league games in a season? I've got no idea whether it's 10, 50 or 100 but I feel like those fans deserve something for that level of commitment especially given that we might as well be in the Northern league given the location of the vast majority of our opponents.

CheeRS

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The 46 on 17:39 - Oct 4 with 475 viewsTheOldOakTree

I totally agree, not only are they dedicated, but their vocal support at every game is first class. They must be a big help to the team on long away trips.

Port Vale was the proverbial football in a library, truely woeful home support that was put to shame by 140 away fans.

Add to that the Blue White Army at home and pound for pound we have as good a set of supporters as any club.
The 46 on 19:24 - Oct 4 with 441 viewswessex_exile

Absolutely - the home support, helped by the incredible BWA, must be something that most clubs would die for, and the away support - however many there are - are always loud and proud. The limiting factor for all 46 must be away attendance, and Noah would be far better placed to comment. For my two penn'orth, given CUSA run a minimum of one coach per away game, I'd have thought realistically it has to be no more than about 50? Life though always gets in the way, so it might be even less than that? Personally, no matter where or when the game is, there always a good handful of familiar faces I see whenever I can make it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The 46 on 21:55 - Oct 4 with 411 viewsDaniel

I done every game in a season once. It was 2004/5, which was a pretty decent season with cup runs ending at Southampton and Blackburn. I think I went to all bar once away game by car, including Wrexham on a Tuesday night. I could never do it now, it's too much of a commitment when you have a life.
The 46 on 03:12 - Oct 5 with 391 viewsghughes11

I completed the set in the first Championship season!

And what a season that one was too!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

The 46 on 09:16 - Oct 5 with 359 viewsnoah4x4

I don’t know, and even if CUSA evaluated its away bus records it wouldn’t have any details of that fan’s home attendance nor his/her attendance at away games where the CUSA member arrives by alternative transport. For example, fixtures such as Morecambe are occasionally turned into a long weekend in Blackpool or Lake District hence travel not with the Supporters Group. Only a comprehensive fan survey would produce a reliable result.

Anecdotally, I would be surprised if it is more than a handful. I can think of a few that aspire to never miss a game, but with Work next day, fixtures like Barrow on a Tuesday night, hence getting home at 0500am are not always feasible. Adjusted kick off times for Sky TV are an additional pain, and that and I-Follow now create a temptation to stay in one’s armchair where circumstances conspire to make travel difficult.

Many of my elderly pals do attend most games, but illness is a peril. I typically miss four games per season because of the overlap with cricket. Christmas and other family event timings also impact. Paul (Bingo) Wright (RIP) would never miss a game except every Boxing Day when his family hosted an event. Why do inconsiderate relatives get married on a Saturday afternoon if a Friday is available? Thankfully, funerals are rarely held on a weekend, but why choose a Tuesday when the U’s are in Grimsby?

CUSA offer a loyalty discount after attending sufficient games and I suspect 90% of those that travel on the buses qualify. There is a hard core of about 40 that one can guarantee will travel most weeks. This season, we have hired two buses more often than in the past. But it is uneconomical to half fill the second. CUSA do a fantastic job, particularly Chairman Jon Burns. Jon is often at the stadium at 0600 collecting fares, despite being unable to travel himself due to work. Praise also to Sam and Nick, the Essex Police Football Officers that rarely miss a game, home or away. Some folk will do anything for a free ticket and free travel……..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024