Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marti on Blackburn 19:45 - Sep 26 with 3374 viewsbosh67

Shame that Colback is already ruled out. That is a blow.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Marti on Blackburn on 22:27 - Sep 26 with 3035 viewsLogman

Sounds up for it. I think there will be one goal in it. Hopefully goes our way. Yes, shame about Colback. I'd definitively have 2 CDM's in for this one. Maybe Field and Varane - although they both fulfil identical roles ???
Marti on Blackburn on 22:50 - Sep 26 with 2958 viewsstainrods_elbow

Not confident - I see them beating us fairly comfortable by a couple of goals, I'm afraid. Marti had two weeks during the international break and talked a great game as usual, then we got the dross of the bizarre draw at Sheff Wednesday. They're unbeaten all season, second top div goalscorers, and our record agains them on their own patch is hardly stellar.

However, it's footie, and stranger Rangers things have happened, so hopefully my prognostications are sub-Nostradamusian.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Marti on Blackburn on 23:03 - Sep 26 with 2894 viewsLogman

I sometimes think the same. But Marti is a shrewd one. I look at him in the technical area and think he isn't pro-active enough but he is quietly going about his business and making us fit for purpose. Give him a realistic timescale and he will find a way.
[Post edited 26 Sep 23:13]
Marti on Blackburn on 23:20 - Sep 26 with 2740 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti on Blackburn on 23:03 - Sep 26 by Logman

I sometimes think the same. But Marti is a shrewd one. I look at him in the technical area and think he isn't pro-active enough but he is quietly going about his business and making us fit for purpose. Give him a realistic timescale and he will find a way.
[Post edited 26 Sep 23:13]

How do you know though?

Marti on Blackburn on 11:19 - Sep 27 with 1080 viewsLogman

Of course I don't 'know'. That is part of the lure of football. You can never know what is going to happen in a match. Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes 'If you know exactly what is going to happen, what exactly is the point in doing it ?' (Picasso).
Marti on Blackburn on 11:38 - Sep 27 with 1031 viewssprocket

I like Marti and normally a good listen but to me these are becoming all a bit samesy
Marti on Blackburn on 12:04 - Sep 27 with 959 viewsAntti_Heinola

Marti on Blackburn on 11:38 - Sep 27 by sprocket

I like Marti and normally a good listen but to me these are becoming all a bit samesy

he needs to do some juggling, or tell a few gags, or become a quick change artist or something.

Bare bones.

Marti on Blackburn on 12:09 - Sep 27 with 942 viewsE15Hoop

Marti on Blackburn on 11:38 - Sep 27 by sprocket

To be fair, as Clive always says, how many new things can you say when there isn't really anything new to say?

I like Marti's style - he's always open, honest, gives a carefully considered "feet on the ground" appraisal of everything he's asked about and doesn't patronise us fans. I don't think anyone can ask for any more than that, really.
Login to get fewer ads

Marti on Blackburn on 12:13 - Sep 27 with 900 viewsNorthernr

Marti on Blackburn on 12:04 - Sep 27 by Antti_Heinola

he needs to do some juggling, or tell a few gags, or become a quick change artist or something.

TBF that would be very welcome.
Marti on Blackburn on 12:23 - Sep 27 with 844 viewsW7Ranger

A couple of card tricks at least.
Marti on Blackburn on 12:23 - Sep 27 with 843 viewssdm1508

Sadly he can only answer the question that is asked. Anything through the club is going to be very mundane. It would be good if they could one day go in to detail about what went well in a game and what didn't. Marti could explain what he wanted to achieve and how well it was done or not done
Marti on Blackburn on 12:24 - Sep 27 with 840 viewsslmrstid

A good way to avoid having to complain about the pre-match interviews being samesy or not having much substance, is to not bother watching them at all.
Marti on Blackburn on 12:25 - Sep 27 with 835 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Also, the questuons are very samey.

Why isn't he asked his views on fruit and vegetables?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Marti on Blackburn on 12:25 - Sep 27 with 834 viewsMick_S

Anyway, if that gobby supporter is in the box behind the away fans, please plaster his window with some more QPR stickers so he can’t see the match. Feck me, that was top work last season. This is why we are great.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Marti on Blackburn on 12:34 - Sep 27 with 770 viewsNorthernr

Marti on Blackburn on 12:25 - Sep 27 by Mick_S

Anyway, if that gobby supporter is in the box behind the away fans, please plaster his window with some more QPR stickers so he can’t see the match. Feck me, that was top work last season. This is why we are great.

Marti on Blackburn on 12:44 - Sep 27 with 725 viewsCateLeBonR

Marti on Blackburn on 12:25 - Sep 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Also, the questuons are very samey.

Why isn't he asked his views on fruit and vegetables?

Or cheese!
Marti on Blackburn on 12:47 - Sep 27 with 707 viewsWokingR

What he needs, is an assistant

[Post edited 27 Sep 12:55]
Marti on Blackburn on 13:02 - Sep 27 with 637 viewsSydneyRs

Marti on Blackburn on 12:34 - Sep 27 by Northernr

This was indeed absolutely tremendous.
Marti on Blackburn on 18:09 - Sep 27 with 251 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti on Blackburn on 11:19 - Sep 27 by Logman

Of course I don't 'know'. That is part of the lure of football. You can never know what is going to happen in a match. Reminds me of one of my favourite quotes 'If you know exactly what is going to happen, what exactly is the point in doing it ?' (Picasso).

Great quote - and an excellent Pablobian check on the ridiculous prohibition on 'failure' (whatever that means) in the modern game.

Marti on Blackburn on 18:10 - Sep 27 with 250 viewsstainrods_elbow

Marti on Blackburn on 12:24 - Sep 27 by slmrstid

A good way to avoid having to complain about the pre-match interviews being samesy or not having much substance, is to not bother watching them at all.

Why not do the more interesting/difficult thing of watching them and then engaging with what you see?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024