Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 15:08 - Sep 21 with 9437 viewsEN_Ranger

Well that was boring. I’m a big Marti fan, think he’s been great for us but I don’t understand the current tactics. Either play 2 up front with wingers or play a midfielder who can pass it forwards.

Cook to Clarke-Salter must have been the most common pass we made. Also, time to stop playing Dunne at fullback, it worked last season, it’s not working this one.

It’s not all negative, Frey was good and scored a great goal, Nardi and Paal played well too.

Just so so boring!

[Post edited 21 Sep 15:10]
Just Back on 15:18 - Sep 21 with 7219 viewsDWQPR

Can’t disagree at all. And to be honest it must be boring if a Neil Harris Millwall side look like Barcelona in comparison. We were very lucky to escape with a point again. We are so slow building up, teams have got us sussed with ease. High press and we are fûcked. And even if we manage to get in the opposition half there is two banks of four ready and organised. Countless times we ended up giving the ball away. We really do need to mix it up. 60% possession and hardly any chances.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Just Back on 15:28 - Sep 21 with 7123 viewsSharpediver

Agree - the build up was so slow, even towards the end when we should have been going full pelt for a winner. There's a good team in there somewhere though. We need Colback in there to put his foot on the ball and the attacking midfielders need to be stronger in
the tackle and more prepared /committed to winning the
ball/winning it back in the final 3rd. Frey did this (and I thought he was superb today). In the end I thought we
were pretty lucky to
come away with a point against a physically stronger and
mentally more determined Millwall. Thank God we've got some proper Autumnal 3 o clock kick offs to look forward to. Atmosphere and energy seemed too lethargic today.
[Post edited 22 Sep 7:56]
Just Back on 15:32 - Sep 21 with 7013 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Need to play with a faster tempo. Our goal was a quick break by Dembele then a simple through ball to Frey. Boom.

Too much pi*ssing around passing sideways and backwards at the moment.
[Post edited 21 Sep 15:33]
Just Back on 15:48 - Sep 21 with 6827 viewsStreathamRanger

We're a bit lost without Chair. Andersen was a shambles in the 10 today. Dembele should really be playing there with Saito and Smyth/Lloyd either side. It wasn't an awful performance but it wasn't great. I can see they're trying to do the whole Trent thing with Paal pushing in to CM but it leaves me a bit uneasy as we're then vulnerable down that side. JCS passing was a bit rusty today. Put it down to a week or two off. Frey motm for me. Took his goal well and some decent hold up play.
Just Back on 16:56 - Sep 21 with 6380 viewsSpaceman_P

Yeah I don't get why he can't just keep the same formation that thrashed Leeds 4-0, that style of play was dynamic and exciting.
Just Back on 17:51 - Sep 21 with 6113 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I can only describe today as a late Warburton type performance.
The OP is right, it was boring and uninspiring. The team is disjointed and lopsided with Dunne at fullback.

They all need to up their games quick.
Just Back on 19:09 - Sep 21 with 5745 viewsNorthantsHoop

A poor game, we are back to the old me to you, you to me in the back line which just slows us down. The only time we really stopped this was the equaliser from Frey, three passes and bang a goal. Personally thought Millwall probably deserved the 3 points and they would be disappointed they could not get the winner. On the plus side we are hard to beat and Frey is doing well up front, worked his socks off again, thought he was our best player.
[Post edited 21 Sep 19:11]
Just Back on 19:11 - Sep 21 with 5721 viewsQPR_Pro_Max

Just Back on 16:56 - Sep 21 by Spaceman_P

Yeah I don't get why he can't just keep the same formation that thrashed Leeds 4-0, that style of play was dynamic and exciting.

Because there were no Chair, Willock,Hayden and Dykes in the squad
[Post edited 21 Sep 19:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 19:23 - Sep 21 with 5550 viewsSpaceman_P

Just Back on 19:11 - Sep 21 by QPR_Pro_Max

Because there were no Chair, Willock,Hayden and Dykes in the squad
[Post edited 21 Sep 19:12]

I'll accept all that minus Dykes
Just Back on 19:31 - Sep 21 with 5495 viewsLoft1979

Just Back on 15:48 - Sep 21 by StreathamRanger

We're a bit lost without Chair. Andersen was a shambles in the 10 today. Dembele should really be playing there with Saito and Smyth/Lloyd either side. It wasn't an awful performance but it wasn't great. I can see they're trying to do the whole Trent thing with Paal pushing in to CM but it leaves me a bit uneasy as we're then vulnerable down that side. JCS passing was a bit rusty today. Put it down to a week or two off. Frey motm for me. Took his goal well and some decent hold up play.

I do think all we have seen so far has been all about Marti shuffling his deck and trying to get different combos firing. That’s it. In my gentle opinion, we played Lutron x2, SHeff U (another parachute rich club) and 2 of our bogey teams from last year. Our only loss is to the club at the top.

Agreed with the opinion, that KD needs to be the 10.. period.
Just Back on 19:43 - Sep 21 with 5384 viewsQPunkR

Pretty much what I’ve been feeling about the sloooooow side to side along the defence play this season, very late Warburton. However I don’t feel Jimmy was a weak link at RB - felt more that if we’re playing with Paal joining midfield that the gaffer then wants Dunne to sit, essentially giving us 3 CBs. That I can stand but the turgid football I’ll never defend

QPR - "shit but local"

Just Back on 20:04 - Sep 21 with 5280 viewsBigears

Can't argue with any of the comments, it was dull, slow, and uninspiring, and everyone including Marti and the coaching had a poor day. We had these last season too, Marti recognised, learned more about the team, made tweaks and moved forward.

Lets hope this is start of another phase on building the next steps.
Just Back on 20:08 - Sep 21 with 5215 viewsloftboy

My season ticket this year is in the loft safe standing so getting a completely different view of the game from where I was in the west paddock, agree with all of the above, thought Frey played well despite having the shirt pulled off his back the entire game.
Did we get away with one when Smyth appeared to handle in the box?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Just Back on 20:21 - Sep 21 with 5034 viewsconnell10

Just Back on 19:23 - Sep 21 by Spaceman_P

I'll accept all that minus Dykes

And Willock.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just Back on 20:23 - Sep 21 with 4973 viewsstainrods_elbow

Just Back on 17:51 - Sep 21 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I can only describe today as a late Warburton type performance.
The OP is right, it was boring and uninspiring. The team is disjointed and lopsided with Dunne at fullback.

They all need to up their games quick.

Bizarre to blame Dunne in that role (who did so well there last season and nearly scored again today) as a main factor in our performance when the issues are clearly (mostly) in midfield.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Just Back on 20:59 - Sep 21 with 4830 viewspaulparker

These Sh1t 12.30 kick offs don’t help

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just Back on 21:09 - Sep 21 with 4760 viewslassel

Two lower midtable sides playing out a dull lower mid table match
Just Back on 21:59 - Sep 21 with 4506 viewsrichpr

Agree with everything said - we definitely need a Hayden type player to boss the midfield. Field can't wait to pass it backwards. Madsen is a bit of a luxury - has a touch of class but not very dynamic and a bit slow. Don't know what's happened to Andersen this season - made a real difference when he came here but so far he has been so slow and ponderous. Can't play Madsen and Andersen together - no pace. I'd like to see Dembele play more central. EDB always wastes his opportunity when he is given a chance. I think Varane is getting better. We'll be alright when we get Chair back. Nardi and Frey were the standouts today. Loved Frey's sprint back down the pitch after scoring. That guy is seriously fit now. Good on him.
Can't say we've deserved to win a single game so far this season but Nardi and the defence seem to keep us in games and we come on a bit stronger later on. Bit worried that MC doesn't seem to know his best team/combination yet
Just Back on 22:09 - Sep 21 with 4439 viewsdigswellhoop

all agreed so if manager leaves whos out there
NO ONE
Just Back on 22:33 - Sep 21 with 4260 viewshoops_legend

He’s waiting for chair to return

Let’s not be too critical

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Just Back on 03:24 - Sep 22 with 3718 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Just remember only for that incredible goalmouth scramble against SW that Alfie managed to blast home and Honeymoon missing the empty net today we would have lost 2 horrible games in a row .
We managed to pull 2 points out of those miserable experiences without Chair and playing below average so its not all gloom and doom.
Of course we still managed to fall behind again and start the game in slow motion which even Marti cannot put his finger on the reason at the moment .
I thought we would put it together today but no its just sloppy at the moment .There is always next week
Just Back on 05:35 - Sep 22 with 3525 viewsDylanP

Just Back on 22:09 - Sep 21 by digswellhoop

all agreed so if manager leaves whos out there
NO ONE

Anderson. He has been terrible this season. He really isn't contributing. When he gets the ball he is slow and either coughs it up or gets caught in possession. I don't know what happened in the off season but he has seriously gone off the boil.

Frey has been great up front and Dembele has been the best of the bunch from the new lads.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Just Back on 06:24 - Sep 22 with 3393 viewsQPROslo

Wall didn't press us at the back much. They were content to let us play it around our back line, no danger there. But without the ball they set up 2 lines of 3 players only 10-15 yards apart across the midfield making it hard for us to play through them. We have some skilled players there in Andersen and Madsen, but I can't think of a player on our books with pace and skill to carry the ball through that. Further forward Dembele and Saito are technical and quick over short distances, but we didn't use them enough. When we did they were dangerous. Colback is no speedster either but in form would have been better able to pass and move it through those midfield blocks. Hope he is back for Blackburn.
Just Back on 07:36 - Sep 22 with 3155 viewsGosportHoops

Just Back on 20:08 - Sep 21 by loftboy

My season ticket this year is in the loft safe standing so getting a completely different view of the game from where I was in the west paddock, agree with all of the above, thought Frey played well despite having the shirt pulled off his back the entire game.
Did we get away with one when Smyth appeared to handle in the box?

No mate it hit his chest/armpit not handball
Just Back on 07:41 - Sep 22 with 3092 viewsGosportHoops

Frey was magnificent, didn't stop working got a goal looked completely up for it. Frustrating game, we've had a few with Marti! Boro and Wednesday at home last season were poor Hull away last season. Its up and down but at least the downs are bringing a point so far this season! The football served up yesterday was pretty dire though. I have a feeling we'll come out with alot more energy Saturday
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024