Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports Plus Farce 22:05 - Aug 27 with 2552 viewsbaz_qpr

Anyone else had issues with the stream, 1st half it got 4 minutes behind because it kept freezing for a second or two every couple of minutes. 2nd half even worse and then it just stopped broadcasting right before the winning penalty assuming again because it was so far behind.

Using a 2nd room Sky box 600mb line so speed my end not an issue. Worse than a dodgy internet stream.

An absolute joke they ruining the EFL and Championship for an app that does not work properly
Sky Sports Plus Farce on 22:06 - Aug 27 with 2528 viewsHoopstar

Worked perfectly on my phone tonight

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience - frustrating.
Sky Sports Plus Farce on 22:10 - Aug 27 with 2472 viewsbaz_qpr

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 22:06 - Aug 27 by Hoopstar

Worked perfectly on my phone tonight

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience - frustrating.

Thinking it's an issue with the Sky box app, rebooted the box as well and no different, suspect they developed the mobile app first and the sky box app has been rushed. Was never this bad on the red button. Cambridge was the same.
Sky Sports Plus Farce on 22:11 - Aug 27 with 2425 viewsOldPedro

I use Sky Sports + via the NOW TV app on my Samsung TV - all been fine for all of the games this season

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 22:18 - Aug 27 with 2338 viewsdaveB

had to watch on my phone again which is a dreadful experience, hopefully thats the last time this season
Sky Sports Plus Farce on 22:27 - Aug 27 with 2263 viewsNed_Kennedys

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 22:11 - Aug 27 by OldPedro

I use Sky Sports + via the NOW TV app on my Samsung TV - all been fine for all of the games this season

Same for me: NOW TV through a PS5 and had literally no issues.
Sky Sports Plus Farce on 22:32 - Aug 27 with 2217 viewsLblock

SkyRedButton 7 via a dodgy stick - poor picture and no sound

But the second half and pens looked great no matter

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 10:08 - Aug 28 with 1747 viewsMelakaRanger

Me too

Using Sky Sport + last week and this I get frequent buffering. As someone else has said its like watching a dodgy stream.

A couple of times last night it just closed down the last instance was just as paal was about to take the penalty. The screen went blank and by the time everything had reset we had won!

Sky Sports + has a long way to go to be a reliable service
Sky Sports Plus Farce on 10:21 - Aug 28 with 1669 viewsJeff

Yeah, experienced similar issues myself last night with the buffering.

ended up having the game buffering on the big TV via the sky box, had sky sports news on the iPad and had the game on via the sky sports app on my phone - all three at different points of the game!

saw Paal's winning penalty first on the iPad on sky sports news

Can we not knock it?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 10:33 - Aug 28 with 1596 viewsterryb

The only problem I had was about 10 seconds of accumulated buffering from approx 4 occasions.

It wasn't always easy to see the ball on the South Africa Road side, but I suspect that is more likely due to our floodlights. It definitely didn't stop broadcasting before the winning penalty & showed the Pall penalty before the result was shown on Sky Sports News.

It was far from perfect, but a lot better than Red Button games in the past.
Sky Sports Plus Farce on 10:50 - Aug 28 with 1477 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I was watching on a dodgy stream with Sints on the audio through my laptop.

Come the penalties, I went into full nerd mode. I have dirty dreams about penos. I would marry penos if it were possible.

Sheets of paper everywhere. I'm timing run-ups. Is the keeper predicting, reacting or guessing? Is the taker turning his back to the goalie? Oh Momma!

And then...the dodgy stream turned over to the Fulham match.

Great.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 10:58 - Aug 28 with 1416 viewsthame_hoops

didn't realise it was on then Sky said it was on '+', found the menu on my NOW app on the Samsung TV and caught the PK's. worked perfectly.
Sky Sports Plus Farce on 11:17 - Aug 28 with 1361 viewsHayesender

Watched it through a sky link on my firestick, and was surprised people on here were saying there was only one camera angle on the official sky channel.

I had sky commentary, different camera angles, and no freezing

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 11:26 - Aug 28 with 1320 viewsNewYorkRanger

yep, I had the same issue, and have had this before. I was watching on Sky+ red button through a second Sky Q box. It kept freezing every minute or so and was incredibly frustrating.

At the end I switched to watching the pens via the same service but on a 3rd Sky Q box (I know, I know) and it was a bit better but still pretty bad. After the pens were over, I went back to the original one I was watching it on and on that one the pens hadn't even started, it was so delayed! Ridiculously poor service, especially given how much they're banging on about the extra value Sky is delivering to Championship fans this year.

This plus, the massive ballache of multiple changed kick off times is a right pain in the aris

Glory hunter, me

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 11:40 - Aug 28 with 1260 viewswillesdenr

The bleeding buffering became very annoying until the pens. I was getting the club's notifications of the penalty results before it was taking place on Sky so could watch it unfold nice and relaxed, the first time in the whole game.
Sky Sports Plus Farce on 11:53 - Aug 28 with 1213 viewsted_hendrix

No problems for me because I fcked Sky off and out of my house Years ago.

I despise them.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 12:36 - Aug 28 with 1092 viewsLazyFan

Same problem here.
Buffers all over the place.

In the 2nd half, I had to come out and then come back in to click Watch Live for it to then get to then jump to reality which was 4 mins out and was the start of Pens.

I knew this as on my phone it told me we were on pens and no more in match goals. So, that's how I knew it was good to go.

During pens as others said I knew the score before the slow Sky+ broadcast. So, relaxed as I watched it unfold 2 mins later than so called live.

The misses has the same problem with the Tennis. Buffers all over the place.
So, its defo Sky then.

I wonder if those who don't experience problems use Sky internet, I bet that's the reason for them to get you to move. Its like a conspiracy, where is SheffHoop when you need him?
[Post edited 28 Aug 12:37]

zzzzzzzzzz

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 13:42 - Aug 28 with 922 viewsA40Bosh

I am on Virgin Media and had buffering issues last night all through the game - hence my sarky comment on the match thread about Sky outsourcing the Sports+ contract to a dodgy box company.

Pretty sure the Plym game last Saturday which was on the main Sky broadcast was perfect as it normally is on any Sky or TNT main broadcast channel, but I suspect that showing every game via the Red button must be putting some strain on Sky's server farm and network infra which is handling so many concurrent feeds from around the country.

Fortunately no buffering by the penalties!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 13:58 - Aug 28 with 818 viewsHordleHoop

Sky Sports Plus Farce on 12:36 - Aug 28 by LazyFan

Same problem here.
Buffers all over the place.

In the 2nd half, I had to come out and then come back in to click Watch Live for it to then get to then jump to reality which was 4 mins out and was the start of Pens.

I knew this as on my phone it told me we were on pens and no more in match goals. So, that's how I knew it was good to go.

During pens as others said I knew the score before the slow Sky+ broadcast. So, relaxed as I watched it unfold 2 mins later than so called live.

The misses has the same problem with the Tennis. Buffers all over the place.
So, its defo Sky then.

I wonder if those who don't experience problems use Sky internet, I bet that's the reason for them to get you to move. Its like a conspiracy, where is SheffHoop when you need him?
[Post edited 28 Aug 12:37]

I have sky broadband and it was every bit as terrible as others have said. My game finished after we scored first pen 🙄
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024