Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Needham Market 22:25 - Aug 20 with 2169 viewsstowmarketrange

Specially for you Clive.Tonight’s game between Needham Market and Scunthorpe was a 1-0 win for the away side,who looked the far superior side and won it with a harsh penalty slotted home by Danny Whitehall in about the 82nd minute.
Both sides hit the woodwork,but Scunthorpe just about deserved the win.They have a lot of tall players and they a player whose long throws easily reached beyond the penalty spot and were very difficult for the home side to defend.
The attendance was 900+ and there were about 350 from Scunthorpe.I’ve never seen police deployed at Needham Market before,but I guess that comes because of the step up to a higher level.

These teams will probably be two divisions apart next season unless Needham can improve a fair bit.

I did get a programme Clive if you want it.Not that theres much in it about the Iron.Home indoors with a cuppa by 10pm is a novelty for night games for me.
Needham Market on 06:37 - Aug 21 with 1854 viewsNorthernr

Scunny have got Andy Butler in charge this year who's a bit of a fitness fanatic and gym enthusiast - team moulded very much in his image apparently.
Programme very much apreciated.
Needham Market on 07:14 - Aug 21 with 1814 viewsNorthLondonR

Amazing how much progress that club have made, when I was a yoot, my team, Hadleigh United (Brett siders la la la) we used to literally destroy Needham everytime we played them (cricket was the same but for Glemsford, read Combs Ford or Brettenham), it was like a guaranteed 6 points a season, much like against Glemsford Gladiators or Moreton Hall, but something changed around 1997 and they (amd Sudbury Wanderers) started getting rather good. So pleased to see it, and glad a fellow R is documenting the rise.
Needham Market on 08:18 - Aug 21 with 1670 viewsstowmarketrange

Needham Market on 07:14 - Aug 21 by NorthLondonR

Amazing how much progress that club have made, when I was a yoot, my team, Hadleigh United (Brett siders la la la) we used to literally destroy Needham everytime we played them (cricket was the same but for Glemsford, read Combs Ford or Brettenham), it was like a guaranteed 6 points a season, much like against Glemsford Gladiators or Moreton Hall, but something changed around 1997 and they (amd Sudbury Wanderers) started getting rather good. So pleased to see it, and glad a fellow R is documenting the rise.

The first time I went there was in 2004 and they got promoted from the eastern counties league that season.They haven’t stopped improving since that season,but I think this is a step too high for them.
Needham Market on 08:20 - Aug 21 with 1664 viewsstowmarketrange

Needham Market on 06:37 - Aug 21 by Northernr

Scunny have got Andy Butler in charge this year who's a bit of a fitness fanatic and gym enthusiast - team moulded very much in his image apparently.
Programme very much apreciated.

I’ll try and leave it with Dave Thomas for you to pick up from him if that’s ok?
Needham Market on 09:32 - Aug 21 with 1427 viewsstantheman10

Wow! I can't believe where Needham Market are now. When I played for Sudbury Wanderers Needham were in the Ipswich League and the only time we played them was in friendlies or the Suffolk Cup
Needham Market on 10:01 - Aug 21 with 1372 viewsterryb

Needham Market on 09:32 - Aug 21 by stantheman10

Wow! I can't believe where Needham Market are now. When I played for Sudbury Wanderers Needham were in the Ipswich League and the only time we played them was in friendlies or the Suffolk Cup

Were you in the Sudbury Wanderers team Stan that lost to Tow Law in the quarter final(?) of the Vase?

I'm sorry to say that I can't remember anyone who played for them, unlike the Sudbury Town team that reached the final. Mainly because I played with or against most of that Sudbury side.

When I moved to Ipswich, Sudbury Wanderers & Felixstowe played in the Essex & Suffolk Border League. Needham, Leiston & Hadleigh were in the I&SL. Ipswich Wanderers were not in existence until the mid 80's when they were formed as Loadwell Transport playing in the Ipswich Sunday Morning League. The first Sunday club I knew that paid their players (some, not all of them)!
Needham Market on 10:18 - Aug 21 with 1315 viewsstantheman10

Needham Market on 10:01 - Aug 21 by terryb

Were you in the Sudbury Wanderers team Stan that lost to Tow Law in the quarter final(?) of the Vase?

I'm sorry to say that I can't remember anyone who played for them, unlike the Sudbury Town team that reached the final. Mainly because I played with or against most of that Sudbury side.

When I moved to Ipswich, Sudbury Wanderers & Felixstowe played in the Essex & Suffolk Border League. Needham, Leiston & Hadleigh were in the I&SL. Ipswich Wanderers were not in existence until the mid 80's when they were formed as Loadwell Transport playing in the Ipswich Sunday Morning League. The first Sunday club I knew that paid their players (some, not all of them)!

No terryb I had moved on as I was in my late 30's by then but a lot of my good mates played in that game. I did play games against Felixstowe and Hadleigh during my days at Wanderers during the early and mid 80's
Needham Market on 21:25 - Aug 22 with 755 viewsperpignanR

I used to watch Wanderers quite a lot in th early 80’s when I lived in Hadleigh. Often used to wear a Rangers shirt to the games as well. Never realised a fellow R played for them though!
As an aside I actually bumped into Tony Incenzo at one game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024