Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School end semi evac 23:52 - Aug 10 with 4226 viewscaptainmycaptian

Dont make posts but Me and my children were in the school end today. Was moved from the seats because of concerns over concrete that had fallen from the roof 1/ concerned for why the large group.of fans were moved 2/ if moved from on was the rest of the section where we sat OK? 3/and do the club propose to use the area next game ? Any one with any.more info..... off all the days to give the away fans lots to.jump around !! Unsure of the ageing process of concrete and failure signs
School end semi evac on 07:30 - Aug 11 with 3642 viewsQPROslo

Probably explains why the lower School end looked mostly empty on QPR+ yesterday.
School end semi evac on 07:43 - Aug 11 with 3587 viewsstevec

School end semi evac on 07:30 - Aug 11 by QPROslo

Probably explains why the lower School end looked mostly empty on QPR+ yesterday.

Was shocked to see it so empty, had thought the club had decided to throw over a million pounds in the bin by keeping away supporters out of it for the season.

If this is correct I’m a little surprised they opened any of that stand. Boing, Boing.
School end semi evac on 09:49 - Aug 11 with 3240 viewsHoopstar

Cant have been more than a few hundred of us in it. Season ticketed there as too good a deal but yeah the mass move was both odd and worrying.

Didn't notice anything crumbling!
School end semi evac on 09:52 - Aug 11 with 3223 viewsLongsufferingR

School end semi evac on 09:49 - Aug 11 by Hoopstar

Cant have been more than a few hundred of us in it. Season ticketed there as too good a deal but yeah the mass move was both odd and worrying.

.......just our defence
School end semi evac on 09:56 - Aug 11 with 3188 viewscaptainmycaptian

School end semi evac on 09:49 - Aug 11 by Hoopstar

Well got there late bloke next to me said that a lump nearly fell on him can't see how the rest was safe. The atmosphere was subdued in the ground any how the school end even more so. They need to play better and win to pack it out.
School end semi evac on 10:15 - Aug 11 with 3098 viewsslmrstid

One thing I did see in the first half yesterday from my vantage point in Ellerslie was a WBA fan in a wheelchair getting told off by stewards because he spent one of our attacks turning the lights on his wheelchair onto a flashing mode. I found it distracting seeing it from the stand!

Some sh*thousing there.
School end semi evac on 13:05 - Aug 11 with 2743 viewsstevec

School end semi evac on 10:15 - Aug 11 by slmrstid

One thing I did see in the first half yesterday from my vantage point in Ellerslie was a WBA fan in a wheelchair getting told off by stewards because he spent one of our attacks turning the lights on his wheelchair onto a flashing mode. I found it distracting seeing it from the stand!

Some sh*thousing there.

10 out of 10 for initiative.

That is quality shithousing!
School end semi evac on 13:09 - Aug 11 with 2729 viewsmart_Goblin

School end semi evac on 09:56 - Aug 11 by captainmycaptian

Well got there late bloke next to me said that a lump nearly fell on him can't see how the rest was safe. The atmosphere was subdued in the ground any how the school end even more so. They need to play better and win to pack it out.

Mentioned in a thread about the school end a couple of weeks back that I sat there a couple of times last season and atmosphere wise you feel completely detached from the rest of the stadium.
Like you are standing on a stool in the car pack of that end of the kassam stadium watching over the wall at everyone else 😄
Login to get fewer ads

School end semi evac on 13:20 - Aug 11 with 2603 viewsBoston

At the 'University of Insitu-Concrete Pours', we were taught that a properly mixed product applied in laboratory conditions had a life span of 99 years forward, then 99 years back.

Obviously, one of the glaring aspects of the Romans departing our shores is we lost this skill as soon as their sails were over the horizon.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

School end semi evac on 14:45 - Aug 11 with 2291 viewsted_hendrix

How long does concrete last on average?

For many projects like building structures and homes, the concrete used is expected to last about thirty to hundred years, depending on the installation methods and construction style.

Different concrete mixes have varying levels of durability depending on their exposure to the environment (weathering) and other materials. But concrete is still a desirable option among many.

When does concrete deterioration start?

Policies generally require buildings to have a minimal lifespan based on the concrete used to prevent excessive construction and demolition waste. However, there comes a time when every concrete structure begins its deterioration process.

If there are no natural disasters, the composite qualities of concrete, which contribute to carbon dioxide emissions, are dated to deteriorate after fifty years.

Usually, masonry buildings don’t get demolished as a result of deterioration. It happens because they get outdated and no dramatic innovation can be done, plus rebuilding will have serious repercussions for the ecosystem.

What are the various factors that affect the lifespan of concrete?

Many concrete structures last for centuries, but the durability of concrete depends on certain factors.

Capillary cavities found in concrete cause permeability, which negatively affects the lifespan of any concrete. To ensure low permeability in your concrete structure, use as little water as required when mixing.
The moisture of the environment where the concrete is placed plays a huge role in how long the concrete lasts. The entire structure is at risk if the concrete is placed in places with extreme temperatures. After mixing correctly, it is vital to put the complex mix in a more temperate environment.

In other words ''The old Girl Is falling apart at the seams''

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

School end semi evac on 15:00 - Aug 11 with 2202 viewsDannyPaddox

School end semi evac on 10:15 - Aug 11 by slmrstid

Some sh*thousing there.

I believe the steward said “you really don’t need to be wasting your battery mate”
School end semi evac on 15:30 - Aug 11 with 2056 viewsLandshark

School end semi evac on 13:09 - Aug 11 by mart_Goblin

Mentioned in a thread about the school end a couple of weeks back that I sat there a couple of times last season and atmosphere wise you feel completely detached from the rest of the stadium.
Like you are standing on a stool in the car pack of that end of the kassam stadium watching over the wall at everyone else 😄

I used to sit probably mid way between loft end and away end. It was quite funny some matches, you would see things after the game on Twitter being like "West Brom fans were so quiet all game" but they were actually pretty loud. You would also hear away fans saying the home fans were quiet despite being actually pretty vocal. I don't think the sound travels well between the stands.
School end semi evac on 15:44 - Aug 11 with 1970 viewsBoston

School end semi evac on 15:30 - Aug 11 by Landshark

I used to sit probably mid way between loft end and away end. It was quite funny some matches, you would see things after the game on Twitter being like "West Brom fans were so quiet all game" but they were actually pretty loud. You would also hear away fans saying the home fans were quiet despite being actually pretty vocal. I don't think the sound travels well between the stands.

You should announce that, over the Tannoy's.
[Post edited 11 Aug 15:44]

School end semi evac on 18:19 - Aug 11 with 1586 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hope the stand does not have that RAAC stuff in it that has caused problems in Schools and other buildings built from the 1950s to the 1990s.
School end semi evac on 19:27 - Aug 11 with 1403 viewscaptainmycaptian

School end semi evac on 14:45 - Aug 11 by ted_hendrix

For many projects like building structures and homes, the concrete used is expected to last about thirty to hundred years, depending on the installation methods and construction style.

Different concrete mixes have varying levels of durability depending on their exposure to the environment (weathering) and other materials. But concrete is still a desirable option among many.

Policies generally require buildings to have a minimal lifespan based on the concrete used to prevent excessive construction and demolition waste. However, there comes a time when every concrete structure begins its deterioration process.

If there are no natural disasters, the composite qualities of concrete, which contribute to carbon dioxide emissions, are dated to deteriorate after fifty years.

Usually, masonry buildings don’t get demolished as a result of deterioration. It happens because they get outdated and no dramatic innovation can be done, plus rebuilding will have serious repercussions for the ecosystem.

Many concrete structures last for centuries, but the durability of concrete depends on certain factors.

Capillary cavities found in concrete cause permeability, which negatively affects the lifespan of any concrete. To ensure low permeability in your concrete structure, use as little water as required when mixing.
The moisture of the environment where the concrete is placed plays a huge role in how long the concrete lasts. The entire structure is at risk if the concrete is placed in places with extreme temperatures. After mixing correctly, it is vital to put the complex mix in a more temperate environment.

https://calfordseaden.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road/
School end semi evac on 19:32 - Aug 11 with 1361 viewsBoston

School end semi evac on 19:27 - Aug 11 by captainmycaptian

https://calfordseaden.com/project/qpr-stadium-loftus-road/

You have to hand it to 'em, not once did they mention the words 'digging down'.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:05 - Aug 11 with 1222 viewsMick_S

School end semi evac on 15:00 - Aug 11 by DannyPaddox

I believe the steward said “you really don’t need to be wasting your battery mate”

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

School end semi evac on 20:15 - Aug 11 with 1147 viewsizlingtonhoop

School end semi evac on 14:45 - Aug 11 by ted_hendrix

They knew what they were doing:

https://english.elpais.com/culture/2023-02-01/the-self-repairing-concrete-that-k
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024