Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paal 17:42 - Aug 10 with 4018 viewsHunterhoop

No thread or comments yet.

Personally I thought their left back, Heggum, and ours were the main difference between the sides.

To me Paal was going through the motions all day.

He had inexperience in front of him, who offered minimal protection. However, he wasn’t vocal directing them, which he should be as the senior pro. He just let us get overrun. And, ultimately they scored 2 goals by getting to the byline on his flank and should have had a 3rd. At HT, WBA clearly identified him as a weak spot and went after him.

Whether he is staying or going that decision needs to be made soon. For his good and ours.
Paal on 18:03 - Aug 10 with 3844 viewsHooping_Mad

On average he manages around 10minutes of attention time per game. God know what his mind is on the rest of the time.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Paal on 18:17 - Aug 10 with 3769 viewsnumptydumpty

The club have been very vocal with paal and saying they want to sell him as he has one year left on his contract so we hoping to get a couple of million plus.

He was decent last season but if he has been told if we can sell him for a bit of dosh then he is gone - thats hardly going to make him the most motivated of players,

The fact Fox is currently injured and we loaned Larkeche who are other two options at left back - is all a bit of a strange circumstance created by the club

cant blame Paal tbf

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Paal on 18:21 - Aug 10 with 3736 viewsmart_Goblin

Said in another thread he looked sulky.
His performance just the same .
Never been in his biggest fan and for me, he’s only getting worse (Leeds game aside).
No one is going to by him at the moment but we have to get in a better replacement in (easy fir me to say admittedly)
Targeted week in and week out and they you saw why. He weren’t the only one today but I thought he dialled it in completely
Paal on 18:22 - Aug 10 with 3709 viewsstevec

Neither full back was doing their job and you could argue the same for our CB’s on the goals.

Three virtually identical goals conceded. A more experienced keeper would have a word in a few ears after the first one, I didn’t notice the present encumbent doing that.

It’s not only the shots saved but the shots that don’t materialise that define a keeper. We might miss Begovic more than we think.
Paal on 18:31 - Aug 10 with 3644 viewsHastings_Hoops

I agree re Paal.

I also think Marti (brilliant as he is) had an off day.
Paal on 18:32 - Aug 10 with 3612 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s so, so weak for a modern day full-back. Up against Furlong it was no contest.
Paal on 19:42 - Aug 10 with 3359 viewsqpr1976

Paal on 18:17 - Aug 10 by numptydumpty

The club have been very vocal with paal and saying they want to sell him as he has one year left on his contract so we hoping to get a couple of million plus.

He was decent last season but if he has been told if we can sell him for a bit of dosh then he is gone - thats hardly going to make him the most motivated of players,

The fact Fox is currently injured and we loaned Larkeche who are other two options at left back - is all a bit of a strange circumstance created by the club

cant blame Paal tbf

A “couple of million” ? Really ??
Be lucky to get 7 figures at all. IMO !
Paal on 21:49 - Aug 10 with 2926 viewsLblock

Sorry to buck the trend here but I think Kenneth is a great player.

Today he was not at that level at all.

Dont forget this fella is virtually ever present; has chipped in with vital goals and looks great when he does that modern day inside left thing in midfield.
He’s been targeted before with big diags (think Millwalllllllllllll) and come out of those battles well on top.

Maybe the young family in Holland taking its toll and he wants away.
Best way to do that is run the contract down, take a signing on fee from a Dutch club and see out next few years eating cheese and wearing clogs.
I hope not and hope he signs an extension and kicks on.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Paal on 21:53 - Aug 10 with 2912 viewsRangersw12

Paal on 21:49 - Aug 10 by Lblock

Sorry to buck the trend here but I think Kenneth is a great player.

Today he was not at that level at all.

Dont forget this fella is virtually ever present; has chipped in with vital goals and looks great when he does that modern day inside left thing in midfield.
He’s been targeted before with big diags (think Millwalllllllllllll) and come out of those battles well on top.

Maybe the young family in Holland taking its toll and he wants away.
Best way to do that is run the contract down, take a signing on fee from a Dutch club and see out next few years eating cheese and wearing clogs.
I hope not and hope he signs an extension and kicks on.

He was dreadful today but I agree he's usually a decent player

Need to sell him though if he doesn't want to sign a contract
Paal on 22:11 - Aug 10 with 2761 viewsLblock

Paal on 21:53 - Aug 10 by Rangersw12

He was dreadful today but I agree he's usually a decent player

Need to sell him though if he doesn't want to sign a contract

Agreed

Two Bob and a conker now is better than zero later but we do need a replacement if so

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Paal on 22:33 - Aug 10 with 2620 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I think he’s been getting away with poor performances for a long time as he’s never been the biggest problem. For me he over commits consistently defensively, leaves gaps and lets in crosses. Doesn’t offer that much going forward. Today was a dreadful day for him but I would have liked to have seen us improve upon him in this window anyway.
Paal on 22:41 - Aug 10 with 2556 viewsLoyalitat

Has Jimmy Dunne signed a new contract beyond his extension to the end of this season, which was initiated by the club. If not, what's the difference between his situation and that of Paal's
Paal on 23:12 - Aug 10 with 2369 viewsGaryHaddock

Wasn't great today, but he's a 6/10 fullback. League is full of them. Abandon at your peril. Same with Bidwell.

Furlong is the best RB in the league (outside the parachute payments) in my opinion so a unfair comparison.

If we sell Paal, we'd only get another Paal.
Paal on 23:17 - Aug 10 with 2313 viewscaptainmycaptian

Was at the school (faling down end) and he got skinned to allow that cross in he gave up I saw it on his face. He needs to be dropped he allowed that cross in for the second goal.
Paal on 23:34 - Aug 10 with 2248 viewsbosh67

Paal on 18:17 - Aug 10 by numptydumpty

cant blame Paal tbf

I think we were fully expecting to sign the Italian lad who went to WBA instead and we've been caught out temporarily. For me Paal is obviously unsettled by the situation and although he seems to be getting pelters, he has been professional and played on. We have to remember that we've had players in kind of similar circumstances who have not been able to get their act together enough to play at all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Paal on 23:47 - Aug 10 with 2158 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Paal on 23:12 - Aug 10 by GaryHaddock

Wasn't great today, but he's a 6/10 fullback. League is full of them. Abandon at your peril. Same with Bidwell.

Furlong is the best RB in the league (outside the parachute payments) in my opinion so a unfair comparison.

If we sell Paal, we'd only get another Paal.

Not even close to 6/10 today. I wouldn’t say it’s fair to put him in a bucket with Bidwell. Bidwell was so steady and unspectacular people found him boring. Though neither offer an awful lot going forward, I can’t remember Bidwell ever being a defensive liability

I don’t think Paal is nearly that good. He’s positionally loose and targetable. The best thing about him is that he’s almost always been available. That’s about it.
Paal on 08:09 - Aug 11 with 1473 viewsGroveR

Paal on 23:47 - Aug 10 by Padulas_Shampoo

Not even close to 6/10 today. I wouldn’t say it’s fair to put him in a bucket with Bidwell. Bidwell was so steady and unspectacular people found him boring. Though neither offer an awful lot going forward, I can’t remember Bidwell ever being a defensive liability

I don’t think Paal is nearly that good. He’s positionally loose and targetable. The best thing about him is that he’s almost always been available. That’s about it.

Paal was poor yesterday but if you're trying to paint Bidwell as some kind of hooped Maldini, may it please the court to to present Exhibit A?

[Post edited 11 Aug 8:10]
Paal on 09:54 - Aug 11 with 1216 viewsgazza1

I like Paal but a tough time for Paal yesterday, doesn't get the support on the left hand side defensively. As for the WBA left back, Heggum, good strong, quick player - very decent indeed. My view with Paal is that the Club should be offering a new contract to Paal and if he rejects it them we should be selling.

I thought our main problem yesterday was in midfield where they had two very good central players running the game throughout, comfortable on the ball, used it very well indeed, covered defensively excellently, think it was No27 & No8. Overall, though, WBA were better all round and should be 'up there' at the end of the season.
Paal on 10:30 - Aug 11 with 1100 viewslassel

My personal opinion is that he’s always gotten an easy ride because he was the least of our problems in the last 18 months - ultimately he was one of the main targets of Marti saying he wanted the players to ‘be brave’.

Tense situation as if Marti had his way he would be shot into the sun but at the same time the club want to sell him so he needs to be in the shop window
Paal on 10:37 - Aug 11 with 1092 viewsWadR

Paal on 09:54 - Aug 11 by gazza1

I like Paal but a tough time for Paal yesterday, doesn't get the support on the left hand side defensively. As for the WBA left back, Heggum, good strong, quick player - very decent indeed. My view with Paal is that the Club should be offering a new contract to Paal and if he rejects it them we should be selling.

I thought our main problem yesterday was in midfield where they had two very good central players running the game throughout, comfortable on the ball, used it very well indeed, covered defensively excellently, think it was No27 & No8. Overall, though, WBA were better all round and should be 'up there' at the end of the season.

Totally agree with Gazza.

I like Paal. I thought his one on one defending for the second was piss weak (even then Dunne should do better with the cross) but he's had 2 years of pretty consistently good performances, constant availability and even occasional goalscoring. Think he had some weaker games towards the end of last season but in the Leeds 4-0 he was excellent and totally nullified Gnonto. That was only 2 league games ago! I think he's the best fullback we've had in the last decade (perhaps damning with faint praise).

Obviously everyone has a right to weigh in on assessing players, manager and performance but I find it hard to really read too much in to yesterday's game beyond the fact we were missing our best player, a couple of exciting future signings and came up against a really organised side with a couple of excellent players who would be our star player (Swift, Mowatt). It's a long old season and a player like Paal will have more good games than bad if he stays.
[Post edited 11 Aug 10:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024