Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freekick Teckers 22:33 - Aug 3 with 4961 views_Windydale

It's a looong time since we had a good freekick taker, however, it may just be that Aaron Henry is the new star to score a beaut from distance. I'd love to think his last two great goals are a sign of things to come.
Its been a couple of seasons of misfirers, scud missile launchers and toe peckers. Can't think of any since the Aaron Morley days, who was alreet, other than that, Rickie Lambert (unbelievable tecker) and going back even further Mark Stuart wasn't too bad.
Freekick Teckers on 22:46 - Aug 3 with 4895 viewsEllDale

TK was pretty decent too.
Seem to remember him scoring a last minute winner against Chesterfield with one around 2009?
“Top bins” as the saying goes.
And there was Lee McEvilly’s effort at Preston in the cup.
Henry could prove to be just as consistent as Lambert though.
[Post edited 3 Aug 22:47]
Freekick Teckers on 23:34 - Aug 3 with 4754 viewsmikehunt

I'd have to add Simmo to the list of teckers for us. Awesome striker of the ball.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Freekick Teckers on 23:40 - Aug 3 with 4728 viewsSandyman

Lee Todd scored a cracker against Brighton to equalise late on in 2001(?). Mark Stuart has the best direct free kick strike rate in my memory. The last two Henry free kick goals have been magnificent.
Freekick Teckers on 23:48 - Aug 3 with 4690 viewssxdale

Seem to remember Steve O'Shaughnessey scoring a couple of cracking free kicks. I've got it in me head against Northampton and Scarborough?
Freekick Teckers on 08:58 - Aug 4 with 4228 viewsBigKindo

Reg Jenkins using either foot.
Freekick Teckers on 11:30 - Aug 4 with 3938 viewspioneer

Callum Camps last minute equalizer at Maidstone in FACup. Made a bit of cash from an FACup run thanks to that.
Freekick Teckers on 11:31 - Aug 4 with 3932 viewspioneer

Freekick Teckers on 08:58 - Aug 4 by BigKindo

Reg Jenkins using either foot.

Yup….August 1969 at Bolton in league cup was one of his best.
Freekick Teckers on 13:35 - Aug 4 with 3715 viewsSaxonDale

Seems almost every signing McNulty has made this summer, regardless of position, has been with the question of how they can help us break teams down. I'm feeling very confident of a Play-Off challenge this season.
Login to get fewer ads

Freekick Teckers on 16:54 - Aug 4 with 3496 viewsrochedale

Freekick Teckers on 23:48 - Aug 3 by sxdale

Seem to remember Steve O'Shaughnessey scoring a couple of cracking free kicks. I've got it in me head against Northampton and Scarborough?

Aye, one of which was a 40 yarder. I always had it in my head that it was the Northampton one, but I was corrected, it was the Scarborough one that was the 40 yarder.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Freekick Teckers on 20:25 - Aug 4 with 3213 viewsTVOS1907

Freekick Teckers on 22:46 - Aug 3 by EllDale

TK was pretty decent too.
Seem to remember him scoring a last minute winner against Chesterfield with one around 2009?
“Top bins” as the saying goes.
And there was Lee McEvilly’s effort at Preston in the cup.
Henry could prove to be just as consistent as Lambert though.
[Post edited 3 Aug 22:47]

[Post edited 4 Aug 20:44]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Freekick Teckers on 20:25 - Aug 4 with 3212 viewsTVOS1907

Freekick Teckers on 23:40 - Aug 3 by Sandyman

Lee Todd scored a cracker against Brighton to equalise late on in 2001(?). Mark Stuart has the best direct free kick strike rate in my memory. The last two Henry free kick goals have been magnificent.

Freekick Teckers on 20:26 - Aug 4 with 3208 viewsTVOS1907

Freekick Teckers on 23:48 - Aug 3 by sxdale

Freekick Teckers on 20:27 - Aug 4 with 3207 viewsTVOS1907

Freekick Teckers on 11:30 - Aug 4 by pioneer

Callum Camps last minute equalizer at Maidstone in FACup. Made a bit of cash from an FACup run thanks to that.

Freekick Teckers on 20:37 - Aug 4 with 3168 viewsMasher

Steve O'Shaugnessy was ridiculous. Every time we got a free kick around the penalty area it was like having a penalty. There wasn't many that missed and i cant remember anyone as prolific as him from free kicks although Lambert was pretty close.

Up The Dale!!

Freekick Teckers on 00:14 - Aug 5 with 2788 viewssxdale

Nice happy trip down memory lane there thanks TVOS. Have to say the kit looks so much better when we play in stripes and white shorts, that Nike/MMC was a classic.
Freekick Teckers on 13:52 - Aug 5 with 2156 viewsNobler

Freekick Teckers on 00:14 - Aug 5 by sxdale

Nice happy trip down memory lane there thanks TVOS. Have to say the kit looks so much better when we play in stripes and white shorts, that Nike/MMC was a classic.

What about the player that had a "wand" as a left foot - Micheal Rose - scored many a free kick bending it around the wall
Freekick Teckers on 13:57 - Aug 5 with 2142 viewsChaffRAFC

Was having this discussion on Saturday, Rickie Lambert, Paul Simpson and Lee Todd are the immediate ones who spring to mind. Lambert especially, a free-kick was as good as a penalty but Simmo was top class as well.

Lad I was talking to mentioned O'Shaughnessy but that was a little bit before my time!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Freekick Teckers on 16:35 - Aug 5 with 1900 viewsNewbury_Dale

[Video courtesy of TVOS]

Mark Stuart beauty, one of my first ever Dale games.
Freekick Teckers on 22:54 - Aug 5 with 1644 viewsdingdangblue

Alex Russell could strike a mean free kick too. There was 1 beauty against Wigan at Spotland that was up there with the best I've seen.

[Post edited 5 Aug 22:59]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Freekick Teckers on 12:33 - Aug 8 with 897 viewsfinberty

Freekick Teckers on 16:35 - Aug 5 by Newbury_Dale

[Video courtesy of TVOS]

Mark Stuart beauty, one of my first ever Dale games.

Good to see Tony Ellis in there, although back in the days when he wasn't ours and he was one to be feared.

And Mike Conroy was a thorn in our side - seem to remember him for Burnley against us, and for Fulham against us too. We never seemed to handle him very well. TVOS will correct any brain fog here.
Freekick Teckers on 13:07 - Aug 8 with 830 viewsTVOS1907

Freekick Teckers on 12:33 - Aug 8 by finberty

Good to see Tony Ellis in there, although back in the days when he wasn't ours and he was one to be feared.

And Mike Conroy was a thorn in our side - seem to remember him for Burnley against us, and for Fulham against us too. We never seemed to handle him very well. TVOS will correct any brain fog here.

He played against us twice for Burnley in 1991/92, scoring at Spotland and then repeated that for Preston in 1993/94.

In 1994/95, he netted versus Dale for Preston at Deepdale on Boxing Day, but not at Spotland on Easter Monday.

In 1995/96, two games against Dale for Fulham saw one goal at Spotland, while in 1996/97, he scored in both fixtures for Fulham.

Finally, in 1998/99, he came on as a sub for Chester at Spotland (the game in which Andy Morris scored a hat-trick), but didn't find the net.

So, 11 appearances and six goals against Dale, but given he made 418 career appearances in England and scored 118 goals, he probably netted against most opponents!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024