Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm 16:07 - Jul 31 with 5897 viewsjudd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2024/07/fans-forum-1st-august-2024-confirmed/

Any questions can be sent into info@daletrust.co.uk up to 5pm Thursday 1st August. Any later and they may get overlooked.

I am led to believe that the forum will be recorded and broadcast later, rather than streamed live.

Apologies about this if true.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 06:45 - Aug 2 with 5455 viewsNorthernDale

May I ask, what was discussed in respect to this coming season and the interaction with the fans, in the long-term.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 09:01 - Aug 2 with 5255 viewskel

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 06:45 - Aug 2 by NorthernDale

May I ask, what was discussed in respect to this coming season and the interaction with the fans, in the long-term.

Went on YouTube as the club advertised it would be and there it was.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 09:34 - Aug 2 with 5178 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 06:45 - Aug 2 by NorthernDale

Everything was discussed and there is much to look forward to over the coming years. A solid off field plan with the focus on uniting the club and the local community, a new training ground within the borough is central to that and it will happen, not a case of if it happens. The commercial side is going to grow and grow, a lot of work to be done but staff will be employed for specific roles as things progress.

Jim McNulty as usual came across great, he's happy with his signings and the style of play last season was often dictated by the limited number of players he had at his disposal, the aim was to get us through the season in a safe position. This season is different we now have a better squad and exciting progressive football will be the aim. Jims three year deal makes sense when you think about it, the club announced a three year plan to get back in the EFL, what message would it have sent out to the manager if the club had awarded him a one year contract for example? That indicates they aren't backing the manager. There's no guarantees when it comes to what happens on the pitch but Jim's 'all in' when it comes to returning us to the EFL, he's going to do his very best to make it happen and so are those running the club. The playing budget will increase year on year to help accomplish the objective.

My feelings having attended last night is that we now have to trust everybody involved to implement the plan to the best of their ability and also to realise this is going to be a lengthy process. Maybe a three monthly update from George Delves or even the Trust Director into things that are happening behind the scenes might not be a bad idea, just to keep the fans in the loop. We should be content as fans that there are now no more bad apples in the club with intentions to harm it and the future probably now looks better than it ever has done. As Brierls posted last week, it beggars belief that some fans are not renewing their season tickets at this particular point in the clubs history. Having the Ogden family as new owners is the equivalent of us winning the World Cup, it means we now have a club for future generations.
[Post edited 2 Aug 9:48]
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 10:55 - Aug 2 with 4966 views442Dale

McNulty discussing the reasons how we played last season illustrates how important it is for the club to get that message out there. Any other justification for not taking advantage of that will only mean it’s not reaching the desired audience.

That audience should include fans who raised reasonable points about the style affecting their decision not to renew season tickets. Hopefully now, albeit with the evidence of one home friendly alongside what McNulty is saying this week (inc. on the BBC) will lead some to change their minds. It would be a real shame if people missed out on what is, er, a New Era.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 10:57 - Aug 2 with 4953 viewskel

Christ - the two blokes called David (one asked a question about the pitch, the other about access to the bar after the Oldham game) were a bit aggressive weren’t they?
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 11:54 - Aug 2 with 4802 viewsisitme

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 10:57 - Aug 2 by kel

Christ - the two blokes called David (one asked a question about the pitch, the other about access to the bar after the Oldham game) were a bit aggressive weren’t they?

It was the same guy. I was sat behind him.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 12:10 - Aug 2 with 4707 viewskel

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 11:54 - Aug 2 by isitme

It was the same guy. I was sat behind him.

Ah right. Bet you could feel the vibration from the throbbing vein in his temple then.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 12:54 - Aug 2 with 4443 viewsTVOS1907

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 12:10 - Aug 2 by kel

Ah right. Bet you could feel the vibration from the throbbing vein in his temple then.

He does it at every forum. He was just missing his little sidekick this time.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 13:56 - Aug 2 with 4194 viewskel

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 12:54 - Aug 2 by TVOS1907

Fairly sure I know who he is now off some of the messages I’ve received.

How he’s still with us I’ll never know. His blood pressure must be through the roof!
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 14:52 - Aug 2 with 4059 views100notout

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 12:54 - Aug 2 by TVOS1907

Everyone is different. However his questions were perfectly reasonable and the points he raised were acknowledged as valid and are being dealt with.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 22:29 - Aug 2 with 3435 views100569

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 14:52 - Aug 2 by 100notout

Everyone is different. However his questions were perfectly reasonable and the points he raised were acknowledged as valid and are being dealt with.

I thought his question about the pitch was perfectly valid. Credit to George Delves for giving quite a decent response. At least as far as he could due to legalities.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 00:16 - Aug 3 with 3279 views_Windydale

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 14:52 - Aug 2 by 100notout

Ye,...hes a loud character, used to sit not far from me , central to the main stand. Very loud, and you can hear his every conversation. Often had very valid points and was quite entertaining in his views. Vocally appreciating the highs and scolding the lows when watching Dale.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 18:23 - Aug 5 with 2292 viewsdiplodocus

I didn't understand the bit (george, i think) when it was stated a target to regain efl was 3yeras, but reaching a state of sustainabilty was 5 years. surely it must be the other way round as the Ogdens cant carry our losses for that lngth of time.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 19:08 - Aug 5 with 2190 viewsTalkingSutty

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 18:23 - Aug 5 by diplodocus

I didn't understand the bit (george, i think) when it was stated a target to regain efl was 3yeras, but reaching a state of sustainabilty was 5 years. surely it must be the other way round as the Ogdens cant carry our losses for that lngth of time.

Reaching the EFL first means around about £2 million increase in funding per season (that was quoted at the fans forum), that will help us hopefully become more sustainable in five years. The Ogdens aren't carrying OUR losses, it's their club now and they will know what they have taken on from a financial point of view. It's not just about the club for the Ogden family, there is a long term plan that will benefit the Town and leave a lasting legacy. Year on year improvement both on and off the pitch is what's required, that should be achievable with the right people in place and the owners keeping a keen eye on things. It might take longer than five years but i'm sure the family already know this. The owners are very successful people, with all of us pulling in the same direction it's difficult to see how we can't do anything else but improve, the club was on its knees.
[Post edited 5 Aug 19:57]
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 19:52 - Aug 5 with 2019 viewsTrev

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 18:23 - Aug 5 by diplodocus

He pretty much said it wasn't possible to be sustainable in the NL.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 22:22 - Aug 5 with 1689 viewslove_the_dale

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 13:56 - Aug 2 by kel

Fairly sure I know who he is now off some of the messages I’ve received.

How he’s still with us I’ll never know. His blood pressure must be through the roof!

I know all about people and sidekicks trying to cause problems for people!! They make unjustifiable attacks without any evidence whatsoever! If the cap fits ,....!!!
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 22:27 - Aug 5 with 1677 viewskel

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 22:22 - Aug 5 by love_the_dale

I know all about people and sidekicks trying to cause problems for people!! They make unjustifiable attacks without any evidence whatsoever! If the cap fits ,....!!!

If you’re going to quote a post then at least have the decency to make your reply related to it.

It’s the hospitable thing to do.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 22:51 - Aug 5 with 1615 viewslove_the_dale

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 22:27 - Aug 5 by kel

If you’re going to quote a post then at least have the decency to make your reply related to it.

It’s the hospitable thing to do.

You know damn well what I am referring to.
Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 05:47 - Aug 6 with 1391 viewskel

Fans forum 1st August 7:30pm on 22:51 - Aug 5 by love_the_dale

You know damn well what I am referring to.

Well, given it wasn’t me who made the comment about a sidekick there are no caps that require fitting here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024