Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jake Burger 14:07 - Jul 30 with 3342 viewsDuckegg

Jake Burger on 14:41 - Jul 30 with 3225 viewsNorthernDale

I am losing count, if you include McBride, Dunlop, Bailey and Mann that is 11 midfield players we have, and that is not counting Edwards, Burgess and Oscar Kelly.

I may sound like a broken record, but we cannot start the season with only 2 CD's, all we need is an injury or suspension and we could be in trouble. I must admit that I expected that trialist striker 'Lepado' to be announced if I am honest.
Jake Burger on 14:50 - Jul 30 with 3197 viewsEllDale

Big Mac signs a Burger…..
This totally reinforces my belief that we’re going three at the back next season.
Stop the crosses rather defend them.
Another defender on the books would be nice admittedly.
[Post edited 30 Jul 14:51]
Jake Burger on 14:58 - Jul 30 with 3138 viewsBrierls

Jake Burger on 14:41 - Jul 30 by NorthernDale

I am losing count, if you include McBride, Dunlop, Bailey and Mann that is 11 midfield players we have, and that is not counting Edwards, Burgess and Oscar Kelly.

I may sound like a broken record, but we cannot start the season with only 2 CD's, all we need is an injury or suspension and we could be in trouble. I must admit that I expected that trialist striker 'Lepado' to be announced if I am honest.

Burger looks like a very promising player. We've certainly cast the net a bit further south in this window!

We were woefully short in midfield last season, that looks to have been addressed. Realistically we have four central midfielders now in Gilmour, East, Henry & Burger. McBride is an attacking midfielder/winger, the others are kids who will barely feature. Edwards looks the closest to challenging for a place in the squad.

You're sounding like a Steps record stuck on repeat, I wish it was a broken record. Just STFU with the same shite for christs sake. McNulty will be very aware of the CB situation. It's really not difficult to spell Ladapo.
[Post edited 30 Jul 16:35]
Jake Burger on 15:18 - Jul 30 with 3063 viewsTVOS1907

Jake Burger on 14:41 - Jul 30 by NorthernDale

Why are you counting three players who haven't even appeared in pre-season, as far as I can see, plus one who has appeared once?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jake Burger on 15:42 - Jul 30 with 2970 viewsBrierls

Jake Burger on 14:58 - Jul 30 by Brierls

Burger looks like a very promising player. We've certainly cast the net a bit further south in this window!

We were woefully short in midfield last season, that looks to have been addressed. Realistically we have four central midfielders now in Gilmour, East, Henry & Burger. McBride is an attacking midfielder/winger, the others are kids who will barely feature. Edwards looks the closest to challenging for a place in the squad.

You're sounding like a Steps record stuck on repeat, I wish it was a broken record. Just STFU with the same shite for christs sake. McNulty will be very aware of the CB situation. It's really not difficult to spell Ladapo.
[Post edited 30 Jul 16:35]

Further to this, tweets about Burger suggest he's much more an attacking midfielder than central. The Vanarama account says no attacking midfielder averaged more touches in the opposition penalty area per 90 mins than Burger.
Jake Burger on 15:44 - Jul 30 with 2952 viewsBrierls

Jake Burger on 15:18 - Jul 30 by TVOS1907

Why are you counting three players who haven't even appeared in pre-season, as far as I can see, plus one who has appeared once?

Because we've got 217 midfielders but only 2 centre backs. I don't know if anybody has mentioned? Especially to McNulty. Might be worth including it in a programme in case he reads it.
Jake Burger on 15:53 - Jul 30 with 2887 viewsD_Alien

Jake Burger on 14:50 - Jul 30 by EllDale

Big Mac signs a Burger…..
This totally reinforces my belief that we’re going three at the back next season.
Stop the crosses rather defend them.
Another defender on the books would be nice admittedly.
[Post edited 30 Jul 14:51]

Big Mac signs a Burger?

Hope he can get plenty of chips into the box
[Post edited 30 Jul 16:22]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jake Burger on 16:02 - Jul 30 with 2836 viewsTVOS1907

Jake Burger on 15:53 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

Big Mac signs a Burger?

Hope he can get plenty of chips into the box
[Post edited 30 Jul 16:22]

Shame former Newport defender John Relish retired about 30 years ago...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Jake Burger on 16:07 - Jul 30 with 2809 viewsEllDale

Here’s hoping for a McFlurry of goals.
Jake Burger on 19:25 - Jul 30 with 2305 viewsjonahwhereru

Bit surprised at the two year.deal. If things don’t work out they could flip him easier on a one.
I’ll get me coat!

This is a very young squad. In Jim I trust.
Jake Burger on 23:16 - Jul 30 with 1876 viewsmikehunt

....It's a very Southern one. I hope we are not going to be franchised away to some far flung Surrey town. (Or where ever the Ogdens live)
I see evil plots in everything Dale related these days :-)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Jake Burger on 09:32 - Jul 31 with 1478 viewsmodelboydave

I wonder how much input Sam Beckwith had into this signing. They both came through the Luton Ranks from an early age, so i am guessing may have played together several times....

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Jake Burger on 10:44 - Jul 31 with 1359 viewssandylaner

Jake Burger on 09:32 - Jul 31 by modelboydave

I wonder how much input Sam Beckwith had into this signing. They both came through the Luton Ranks from an early age, so i am guessing may have played together several times....

In his interview he talks about talking with Sam Beckwith before he signed & asking him about the club etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024