Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cifuentes post-Fakes 20:15 - Jul 27 with 10285 viewsstainrods_elbow

I didn't see the game today, but the extreme polarity between the relaxed interviews with the manager and Smyth on the Offish and the verdicts of some of those on here (i.e. us fantatics, reactionaries, and non-experts posing as experts) is noteworthy to say the least.

That said, the manager's bland segue in the same breath from 'we didn't show the difference in quality' to 'we can take a lot of positives' I find faintly alarming. The whole interview looks staged to me, as if the 'upbeat' narrative were prescribed in advance. The interviewer couldn't be less probing if were a decommissioned lunar module!

It's also bizarre the way some say neither results nor performances matter a jot in these games, and it's just about getting 'minutes in the legs'. Why not just go for a run round Battersea Park with a ball for the afternoon if that's the case?

Some people might look happy, but a-clappy I am not!
[Post edited 27 Jul 20:17]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 13:13 - Jul 29 with 2783 viewsTheChef

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 12:08 - Jul 29 by dmm

You mean he's actually AI generated? I knew it was too good to be true.

No wonder Clive can't get a F2F interview with him.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 14:10 - Jul 29 with 2595 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 08:20 - Jul 29 by Northernr

I doubt Cifuentes is aware TBH.

I was told they want to stress that it's a collaborative effort rather than the manager being the be all and end all. I guess you can understand that after Mick Beale.

It’s a shame as he's unbelievably popular at the moment and it would probably be the most calm and upbeat one of these we've ever done.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I might have missed this over the past few manager interviews but are you allowed to ask anything club related or is there a list of questions you submit before hand .
I know its not the US media b.s where the questions already asked and answers ready but maybe they are concerned about Chair etc in this case .Has he been made available to West London Sport or anyone else btw
Maybe its a matter of time being Marti's first pre season or his command of the English language (its excellent right ?) but we will hold out hope they will make him available one on one to you Clive.
Marti is very quick to mention the fans after every match like he guinely cares this is his chance to address us directly
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 14:19 - Jul 29 with 2540 viewsNorthernr

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 14:10 - Jul 29 by CLAREMAN1995

I might have missed this over the past few manager interviews but are you allowed to ask anything club related or is there a list of questions you submit before hand .
I know its not the US media b.s where the questions already asked and answers ready but maybe they are concerned about Chair etc in this case .Has he been made available to West London Sport or anyone else btw
Maybe its a matter of time being Marti's first pre season or his command of the English language (its excellent right ?) but we will hold out hope they will make him available one on one to you Clive.
Marti is very quick to mention the fans after every match like he guinely cares this is his chance to address us directly

No, I wouldn't take on an interview where I was told what I could and couldn't ask. It's a bit of a red line. That's not what's happened here just for absolute clarity - they've just said no.
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 14:28 - Jul 29 with 2509 viewsstevec

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 14:19 - Jul 29 by Northernr

No, I wouldn't take on an interview where I was told what I could and couldn't ask. It's a bit of a red line. That's not what's happened here just for absolute clarity - they've just said no.

I trust they didn’t say No, but you can have first dibs on the next one?
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 14:31 - Jul 29 with 2502 viewsNorthernr

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 14:28 - Jul 29 by stevec

I trust they didn’t say No, but you can have first dibs on the next one?

No.
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 15:32 - Jul 29 with 2364 viewsmart_Goblin

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 09:25 - Jul 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is irritating.

I really look forward to these manager interviews. Feels like we have gone back to the Paliadini days where the club become contemptuous of the fans.

Hope the club reverse the decision.

I genuinely don’t see the club being contemptuous and from what I see , with one or 2 mishaps , the club are trying really hard to bring the fans and the team together . Case in point is season tickets in lower school end as just an example . That directive has come from non playing coaching staff not the board . And the club saw it as a good idea for fans and players a like .

However , this is strange and a bit of an own goal .
You could ask “what are they afraid of?” But through personal experience I already know. It’s this board and its admin. Maybe they have refused all sites and podcasts ? But that is madness. It’s now part of pre season and the job as a whole .
Marti probably doesn’t know and won’t care anyway of course as his mind is and should be getting us ready for Saturday week. But as mentioned, the stock has not been much higher with the fans for a long time so it’s a gaping open goal being missed if this doesn’t get sorted , not just for LFW but all outlets .
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 15:42 - Jul 29 with 2317 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 15:32 - Jul 29 by mart_Goblin

I genuinely don’t see the club being contemptuous and from what I see , with one or 2 mishaps , the club are trying really hard to bring the fans and the team together . Case in point is season tickets in lower school end as just an example . That directive has come from non playing coaching staff not the board . And the club saw it as a good idea for fans and players a like .

However , this is strange and a bit of an own goal .
You could ask “what are they afraid of?” But through personal experience I already know. It’s this board and its admin. Maybe they have refused all sites and podcasts ? But that is madness. It’s now part of pre season and the job as a whole .
Marti probably doesn’t know and won’t care anyway of course as his mind is and should be getting us ready for Saturday week. But as mentioned, the stock has not been much higher with the fans for a long time so it’s a gaping open goal being missed if this doesn’t get sorted , not just for LFW but all outlets .

Contempt in the form of non transparency.

The club aren’t protecting the intellectual property of a multi billion dollar idea are they? Same for the pre season jaunts. Why cheese off 100s of people over a really small thing?

Might only be a small thing, but when your club is QPR the small things matter. Unnecessarily obstructive then, if contemptuous is too strong.
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 15:50 - Jul 29 with 2270 viewsdm97

Been pretty critical of how poorly I think this comms/media/PR strategy plays long term - see all the stans of Nourry turn and start saying this once we lose a few in a row. There may well be some logic in the idea that it makes all about Marti and then when he eventually goes they think it’ll be a vacuum, and that some managers (Honest Mick) say things that then become an albatross for their tenure (we won’t sign loan players honest guv).

But fundamentally I just don’t think any of that justifies shutting us out. We are their primary stakeholders and will be here longer than any manager, CEO or player. We deserve the chance to have some accountability mechanisms where we can ask informed questions of them - like Clive’s interview - and to do that we need to know some of the information - like contract lengths. That’s not even to start on a behind close doors pre season schedule.

Have to wonder how they will now use the FF, hoping that they do at all. For those brave souls who go, I hope this is put to them and they reconsider the position they’re taking.

I don’t think it’s asking too much to have transparency, and it’s totally elementary to whether CN’s signings are great or crap. It is the least we deserve and a massive shot in their foot if things go south.
[Post edited 29 Jul 15:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 16:19 - Jul 29 with 2167 viewsdmm

I now wonder when/if there will be a fans forum and whether Nourry will attend.
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 16:29 - Jul 29 with 2132 viewsmart_Goblin

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 15:50 - Jul 29 by dm97

Been pretty critical of how poorly I think this comms/media/PR strategy plays long term - see all the stans of Nourry turn and start saying this once we lose a few in a row. There may well be some logic in the idea that it makes all about Marti and then when he eventually goes they think it’ll be a vacuum, and that some managers (Honest Mick) say things that then become an albatross for their tenure (we won’t sign loan players honest guv).

But fundamentally I just don’t think any of that justifies shutting us out. We are their primary stakeholders and will be here longer than any manager, CEO or player. We deserve the chance to have some accountability mechanisms where we can ask informed questions of them - like Clive’s interview - and to do that we need to know some of the information - like contract lengths. That’s not even to start on a behind close doors pre season schedule.

Have to wonder how they will now use the FF, hoping that they do at all. For those brave souls who go, I hope this is put to them and they reconsider the position they’re taking.

I don’t think it’s asking too much to have transparency, and it’s totally elementary to whether CN’s signings are great or crap. It is the least we deserve and a massive shot in their foot if things go south.

Yes it does make me wonder if there will even be a fans forum which would be poor form .

Hopefully common sense will prevail here
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 16:32 - Jul 29 with 2118 viewsnick_hammersmith

Maybe after Gareth was a bit too honest in his interview its put the owners off?
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 17:22 - Jul 29 with 2002 viewsNorthernr

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 16:32 - Jul 29 by nick_hammersmith

Maybe after Gareth was a bit too honest in his interview its put the owners off?

And there’s probably not many clubs who are as open as qpr have been in these regards over the years. I’m personally disappointed because I enjoy doing them , but it’s not important in the grand scheme of things.

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 17:23 - Jul 29 with 1995 viewsNorthernr

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 16:19 - Jul 29 by dmm

September as usual I believe.
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 17:33 - Jul 29 with 1910 viewsRangersw12

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 17:22 - Jul 29 by Northernr

And there’s probably not many clubs who are as open as qpr have been in these regards over the years. I’m personally disappointed because I enjoy doing them , but it’s not important in the grand scheme of things.

It is important as others have said it's more evidence the cub are shutting out the fans which given we've got a tough start to the season they don't want to burn the credit they have in the bank on trivial matters like contract lengths , pre season and lack of interviews.

I take it an interview with CN is off limits as well ?
[Post edited 29 Jul 18:02]
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 17:36 - Jul 29 with 1894 viewsstainrods_elbow

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 15:50 - Jul 29 by dm97

All true, but pie in the sky, I'm afraid. They're not transparent becuase they don't have to be (in their eyes) and don't want to be. Talking about what we 'deserve' is just fan sentiment, I'm sorry to say. It just doesn't have purchase.
[Post edited 29 Jul 17:37]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 17:53 - Jul 29 with 1830 viewsdaveB

it's another small thing to add to the list though, refusing to let you interview the manager is absolutely bizarre, it's not as if you are known for stitching them up even the Ainsworth one last year was pretty fair

Nourry seems very popular at the moment but I really don't get this new found secrecy about everything,
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 07:47 - Jul 30 with 1514 viewsdm97

In isolation yeah. But as above it’s all adding up to become a bigger (unnecessary) issue which then inevitably surfaces when times get hard.

For all that said, only recently saw the ST decision for lower school end which is a big positive - for sake of balance!
[Post edited 30 Jul 7:48]
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 08:58 - Jul 30 with 1403 viewsTheChef

Yes fans are important, but I sometimes wonder amongst us if we have an over-inflated sense of our importance.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 11:35 - Jul 30 with 1187 viewsSuperhoops2808

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 17:36 - Jul 29 by stainrods_elbow

All true, but pie in the sky, I'm afraid. They're not transparent becuase they don't have to be (in their eyes) and don't want to be. Talking about what we 'deserve' is just fan sentiment, I'm sorry to say. It just doesn't have purchase.
[Post edited 29 Jul 17:37]

Mate you banged on about Marti last season saying his interviews were uninspiring. By the end of the season you made out he was the best thing since sliced bead and you had thought he was wonderful since day one.

I am sure we will have the same again this season - Why would the club want to be transparent with people like you around - Give it a rest ffs
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 12:54 - Jul 30 with 1056 viewslassel

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 17:53 - Jul 29 by daveB

it's another small thing to add to the list though, refusing to let you interview the manager is absolutely bizarre, it's not as if you are known for stitching them up even the Ainsworth one last year was pretty fair

Nourry seems very popular at the moment but I really don't get this new found secrecy about everything,

In this instance I suspect that other posters weren’t a million miles from the reality and they really don’t want fans to love Marti even more and then meltdown when his agent is talking to other clubs during the first international break.
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 13:10 - Jul 30 with 998 viewsDannyPaddox

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 16:19 - Jul 29 by dmm

I’m hearing it will take place but being rebranded as a
Legacy Consumer Interface Deep Dive Schedulement
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 13:15 - Jul 30 with 967 viewskensalriser

This is all looking very much like a policy of opacity now, which I fear will not end well.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 13:19 - Jul 30 with 929 viewsdmm

Do fans of other clubs have issues around non-transparency of the CEO/Board?
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 13:25 - Jul 30 with 890 viewsE15Hoop

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 07:47 - Jul 30 by dm97

In isolation yeah. But as above it’s all adding up to become a bigger (unnecessary) issue which then inevitably surfaces when times get hard.

For all that said, only recently saw the ST decision for lower school end which is a big positive - for sake of balance!
[Post edited 30 Jul 7:48]

As disappointing as it is, I can see that it makes obvious sense from Nourry's perspective.

Lining it up with the way that Chair's situation has been handled by the club for example, its clear that Nourry wants to tighten up on the messaging and ensure as far as possible that evceryone is singing from the same officially sanctioned hymnsheet. He would no doubt argue that sanctioning interviews with Marti alone puts Cifuentes in a difficult situation where he might reveal more - Chair himself being one obvious example - than the club would be comfortable with.
Cifuentes post-Fakes on 13:44 - Jul 30 with 811 views1JD

Cifuentes post-Fakes on 13:25 - Jul 30 by E15Hoop

As disappointing as it is, I can see that it makes obvious sense from Nourry's perspective.

Lining it up with the way that Chair's situation has been handled by the club for example, its clear that Nourry wants to tighten up on the messaging and ensure as far as possible that evceryone is singing from the same officially sanctioned hymnsheet. He would no doubt argue that sanctioning interviews with Marti alone puts Cifuentes in a difficult situation where he might reveal more - Chair himself being one obvious example - than the club would be comfortable with.

It may make sense from his perspective. But it’s ultimately censorship and it would likely breed a toxic culture in the long run.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024