Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlisle friendly 10:24 - Jul 26 with 8490 views_Windydale

A stern test on Saturday against Paul Simpsons side that finished 5th last year in league 2. It'll be good to get a firstlook of how we've progressed in training so far . I'M hoping we play with a bit of confidence and look like an upgrade of last season.
Carlisle friendly on 10:28 - Jul 26 with 6017 viewsfitzochris

Carlisle finished bottom of League One last season.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Carlisle friendly on 11:36 - Jul 26 with 5896 views_Windydale

Cheers Fitz...what a noob..must have put in wrong tab dropdown 22/23 in google year search. Should be an easy run out for the lads then sat!
[Post edited 26 Jul 11:38]
Carlisle friendly on 11:43 - Jul 26 with 5846 viewsfitzochris

Carlisle friendly on 11:36 - Jul 26 by _Windydale

Cheers Fitz...what a noob..must have put in wrong tab dropdown 22/23 in google year search. Should be an easy run out for the lads then sat!
[Post edited 26 Jul 11:38]

Technically, bottom of League One is even higher than fifth in League Two

They have a unit up front in Luke Armstrong, who I remember gave us a hard time when he was at Harrogate. It'll be a test all over the pitch for sure.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Carlisle friendly on 17:28 - Jul 26 with 5556 viewsgriff

We’re still short a few players, mainly wide/midfield. If our last friendly is anything to go by we may bore you off the pitch but we’re still experimenting as I’m sure Rochdale are. Not certain if we’ll have any trialists, I certainly haven’t heard that we have any in, but who knows. We now have Americans in the boardroom and spending money but I expected more movement on the playing side than I’ve seen so far. I don’t see us as an automatic promotion chasing side yet so you’ll be catching us at a good time. Hope you get a few through the gate, we should bring a few hundred, and the atmosphere is good. Best of luck anyway.
Carlisle friendly on 14:57 - Jul 27 with 5106 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Still getting optimum use of the old yellow kit?
Carlisle friendly on 15:55 - Jul 27 with 4868 viewsdingdangblue

Carlisle friendly on 17:28 - Jul 26 by griff

We’re still short a few players, mainly wide/midfield. If our last friendly is anything to go by we may bore you off the pitch but we’re still experimenting as I’m sure Rochdale are. Not certain if we’ll have any trialists, I certainly haven’t heard that we have any in, but who knows. We now have Americans in the boardroom and spending money but I expected more movement on the playing side than I’ve seen so far. I don’t see us as an automatic promotion chasing side yet so you’ll be catching us at a good time. Hope you get a few through the gate, we should bring a few hundred, and the atmosphere is good. Best of luck anyway.

Americans in the boardroom?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Carlisle friendly on 16:26 - Jul 27 with 4709 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Have we unearthed a player who can take a more than decent free kick? Alleluja to that.
Carlisle friendly on 16:40 - Jul 27 with 4628 viewsblackdogblue

Ram it Griff… Up the Dale 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Carlisle friendly on 16:44 - Jul 27 with 4609 views442Dale

It’s only one game but there’s a definite shift in how we are set-up and amendments to our approach.

Three at the back - Gordon, EEL, Beckwith. Adebayo-Rowling and Allarakhia out wide with the former able to drop in as a proper right back and everyone shifting along one.

The football has been much more direct, going into the forwards quickly when required and looking to progress with our passing when we are in the opposition half. The first goal was excellent and illustrated this really well.

Hope the club can help get this message out with McNulty’s interview after the game. It could actually help convince those with valid doubts that we may be seeing positive change.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Carlisle friendly on 17:17 - Jul 27 with 4364 viewsisitme

I was really impressed with the performance and we coul/should have been further ahead at the break. All of the new players contributed well with McBride showing some lovely skill. The three at the back worked well and was flexible enough to adjust shape to become a four when needed. Henry's free kick was class.

It became a bit disjointed after the substitutions in the second half, but we look to be playing more progressively, whilst still predominantly playing football.
Carlisle friendly on 17:27 - Jul 27 with 4243 viewsseasidedale

Wasn’t there today, what position did the trialist play ? (Anyone know who he was?)
Carlisle friendly on 17:30 - Jul 27 with 4219 viewsisitme

Carlisle friendly on 17:27 - Jul 27 by seasidedale

Wasn’t there today, what position did the trialist play ? (Anyone know who he was?)

Right wing back, no idea who he was.
Carlisle friendly on 17:54 - Jul 27 with 4022 viewsmidlandsdale

Love the friendly updates apart from a clear absence on all threads of any scores. Can someone please enlighten we exiles so we have some kind of idea!!
Carlisle friendly on 17:57 - Jul 27 with 3977 viewsnordenblue

Carlisle friendly on 17:54 - Jul 27 by midlandsdale

Love the friendly updates apart from a clear absence on all threads of any scores. Can someone please enlighten we exiles so we have some kind of idea!!

Won 2.1
Carlisle friendly on 17:58 - Jul 27 with 3974 viewsisitme

2-1 - Mitchell and Henry. Butterworth (I think? for them).

Three really good goals.
[Post edited 27 Jul 18:02]
Carlisle friendly on 17:59 - Jul 27 with 3941 views442Dale

The Dale Twitter account has the action and score updates - don’t need to be on Twitter to view the webpage version of it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Carlisle friendly on 18:10 - Jul 27 with 3816 viewschrishill

Enjoyed today. Plenty of work to do, but no tippy-tappy, hard work and good tackling, willingness to play a long ball if it's right. It's all I ask. Lots of skill on the pitch. Henry and Beckwith look like excellent signings and McNicholas seems to know where to be in the box

Daleleeds

Carlisle friendly on 18:25 - Jul 27 with 3688 viewsNorthernDale

Any info on who Trialist A and B were?

What are our weaknesses that need to addressed before the 10th August, in your opinion.
Carlisle friendly on 18:27 - Jul 27 with 3668 viewsmidlandsdale

Carlisle friendly on 17:58 - Jul 27 by isitme

2-1 - Mitchell and Henry. Butterworth (I think? for them).

Three really good goals.
[Post edited 27 Jul 18:02]

Cheers all
Carlisle friendly on 18:34 - Jul 27 with 3599 views49thseason

Thought that was a decent display, defence did all that was required , midfield ran the show and got forward, Mitchell and Rodney did OK against some no-nonsense Carlisle defenders. The goalkeeper wasn't as accurate with his long distribution as he might have been, but was active around his box and took a couple of crosses quite well.
The midfield was excellent with lots of interceptions and forward, accurate passing at pace. Much more mobile and dynamic than we saw last season... special mention for Beckwith on the left of a back 3 who looked like a real prospect, strong, mobile and good with the ball.
I am always optimistic at the start of a new season but today they really did look to have a system they understand , more pace and more ability to move the ball quickly.
Overall a pretty good start... think we probably still need another target man or striker and maybe another central defender.. we will know more about the character and will to win within the squad on a wet Tuesday night in November but for now, a good start.
Carlisle friendly on 18:38 - Jul 27 with 3557 viewsBlackburnDale

Looked sharp and on the front foot from the off which was refreshing to see! Thought we were very good value for a deserved win!
Carlisle friendly on 18:49 - Jul 27 with 3480 viewstony_roch975

Carlisle friendly on 18:25 - Jul 27 by NorthernDale

Any info on who Trialist A and B were?

What are our weaknesses that need to addressed before the 10th August, in your opinion.

Might have been Farmer and Ladapo?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Carlisle friendly on 18:57 - Jul 27 with 3432 viewstony_roch975

Carlisle friendly on 16:44 - Jul 27 by 442Dale

It’s only one game but there’s a definite shift in how we are set-up and amendments to our approach.

Three at the back - Gordon, EEL, Beckwith. Adebayo-Rowling and Allarakhia out wide with the former able to drop in as a proper right back and everyone shifting along one.

The football has been much more direct, going into the forwards quickly when required and looking to progress with our passing when we are in the opposition half. The first goal was excellent and illustrated this really well.

Hope the club can help get this message out with McNulty’s interview after the game. It could actually help convince those with valid doubts that we may be seeing positive change.

Agreed – some positive signs although it's early days

Keeper had an easy game – he looked to mix up playing out through their press and low-trajectory long balls which were a bit hit & miss.

Beckwith looked comfortable on the floor and his was the first pass through the lines which started the move for Mitchell’s goal. Gordon & EBL had solid performances. Their weakness is possibly in the air - the 3 of them rarely won a header.
Allarakhia had some good moments including couple of interceptions & appeared to be playing more an inverted FB role in the 2nd half and, whilst I didn’t notice Adebayo-Rowling as much in the first half, both added to the MF sharpness.

Gilmour took 10 mins to get into the game but once he did he became more and more influential – getting his distances with Henry right will come with game time.
Apart from his excellent 25 yds free kick goal, Henry is forward thinking (possibly more so than East), had several attempts at a pass behind the FB though his execution let him down sometimes today.

Good to see Rodney & Mitchell up top though both struggled to break down a rugged Carlisle defence, bar Rodney hitting the post (see MH below) & the first goal. Rodney had a couple of good driving runs but lost the ball trying to turn his defender on a couple of occasions (lost focus?) and Mitchell ran hard but perhaps didn’t make the most of the long balls.

Conner McBride played as 3rd striker, had one excellent run and pressed well.

We mixed it up with balls over their back line and also playing out from the back with some lovely triangles moving forward quickly (as with Mitchell’s goal).
[Post edited 27 Jul 21:15]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Carlisle friendly on 20:30 - Jul 27 with 3079 viewsmikehunt

Don't forget, Rodney hit the post in the first half after a mistake by one of theirs to gift him the ball and allow him to run at their keeper. We were celebrating a goal but the ball just curved on to the post. Dev did well to get his shot past the keeper.
Yes we played well today. The only time we brought pressure on ourselves was when we passed across the box. Thankfully, we didn't make tippy-tappy our main way of playing today. Long may that continue.
Have to mention Henry's goal. No keeper could have saved it. Top left corner, right at the angle of post and bar. Perfect.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Carlisle friendly on 22:01 - Jul 27 with 2807 viewsgriff

Carlisle friendly on 16:40 - Jul 27 by blackdogblue

Ram it Griff… Up the Dale 😀

Gitwizzard
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024