Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slightly annoyed 00:36 - Jul 15 with 1200 viewscocklebreath

But I’m fine already, I saw saints win at Wembley with my nipper.
Club over country. UTS!

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Slightly annoyed on 06:57 - Jul 15 with 1082 viewssolent_toffee

In many ways, I’m glad it’s over. I love football but having to listen to the same bell end pundits for an extra four weeks nearly tips me over the edge. Special mention to Ferdinand, Lineker, Shearer and Richards who all seemed to love England failing last night so that they could do the old ‘told you so about Southgate’.

As you say, roll on to the first game of the season. Or Friday for Saints v Eastleigh.
Slightly annoyed on 08:48 - Jul 15 with 970 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I have to say watching Spain totally dominate England last night made me wonder if that experience is going to be repeated on a regular basis in the Prem this season unless we are able to strengthen in strategic positions.
Slightly annoyed on 10:16 - Jul 15 with 894 viewskingslandstand1

Exactly. Yes disappointed and jumped and shouted when we equalised, but when Spain got their 2nd it was just a case of "oh well not gonna win this one"
Slightly annoyed on 10:52 - Jul 15 with 866 viewsgrumpy

I think we got to the final despite Southgate not because of him.
Why not give players who have been exceptional in the season more of a chance?
Palmer changed the game when he came on.
Watkins posed much more of a threat when he came on for Kane.
Why not give Gordon a full game.
We had a easy draw and with such a strong squad we could have won.
Spain were the best team and deserved to win.
If England had drawn, in the earlier rounds,France,Germany or Italy would we have made the Final?
Slightly annoyed on 10:58 - Jul 15 with 860 viewsdirk_doone

England were better in the first half than most people expected. It was fairly level up until half-time. Spain hadn't had a single shot at our goal. Then a change of tactics, plus the fact that Spain had an extra rest day after their last game, turned things in their favour. Only then did it become apparent that Spain's morale, fitness and team spirit were better. They went on the attack after every goal, including both theirs and ours, whereas we retreated into our shell.

The key tactical error Southgate made at half-time was to bring Kyle Walker into a more central defensive role, which left our right flank wide open. I guess he only saw the threat from Lamine Yamal on our left and forgot about Nico Williams on our right. Spain immediately exploited that space and it led to both of their goals.

By the way, who else remembers seeing a young Nico Williams playing at St Mary's?
[Post edited 15 Jul 11:03]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Slightly annoyed on 11:00 - Jul 15 with 851 viewsgrumpy

Slightly annoyed on 10:58 - Jul 15 by dirk_doone

England were better in the first half than most people expected. It was fairly level up until half-time. Spain hadn't had a single shot at our goal. Then a change of tactics, plus the fact that Spain had an extra rest day after their last game, turned things in their favour. Only then did it become apparent that Spain's morale, fitness and team spirit were better. They went on the attack after every goal, including both theirs and ours, whereas we retreated into our shell.

The key tactical error Southgate made at half-time was to bring Kyle Walker into a more central defensive role, which left our right flank wide open. I guess he only saw the threat from Lamine Yamal on our left and forgot about Nico Williams on our right. Spain immediately exploited that space and it led to both of their goals.

By the way, who else remembers seeing a young Nico Williams playing at St Mary's?
[Post edited 15 Jul 11:03]

Nico Williams was a threat every time he got the ball.
Slightly annoyed on 16:52 - Jul 15 with 687 viewssledger

spain are a team with good players,england are a bunch of individuals pretending to be a team
Slightly annoyed on 18:29 - Jul 15 with 631 viewsfelly1

Yep, club before country for me.
Glad it didn't drag on to extra time and penalties last night.
I was far more upset drawing at home with Rotherham last season than any England game.
Login to get fewer ads

Slightly annoyed on 00:18 - Jul 16 with 514 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Slightly annoyed on 18:29 - Jul 15 by felly1

Yep, club before country for me.
Glad it didn't drag on to extra time and penalties last night.
I was far more upset drawing at home with Rotherham last season than any England game.

Me too.
Just grateful that I was able to see England win the World Cup in 1966 and Saints win the FA Cup in 1976.
This mixed with some great highs in other Saints games and quite a few lows along the way too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024