Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brum v Qpr match thread. 22:22 - Oct 27 with 40285 viewsqpr_1968

i'm going 2-0 to the r's.

have a good safe journey all that are making the trip.....
hope my prediction comes true, you lot deserve it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:53 - Oct 28 with 2679 viewsstainrods_elbow

Agreed - they and their corrupt ref did an absolute number on us tonight, though at least we tried in the 2nd half, without ever looking likely to get back into it. A poor pen from Dykes cooked our goose, but the game overall does not bode well. Roberts is a bluffer. Clarke-Salter seems to be made of balsa wood, and when Chair is snuffed out, in the absence of Willock we're a busted flush, Worrying! We can still probably/hopefully compete for the top 6 in a mediocre, dog-eat-dog division, but I'd say it'll be a rocky old season.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:56 - Oct 28 with 2680 viewsdistortR

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:53 - Oct 28 by stainrods_elbow

Agreed - they and their corrupt ref did an absolute number on us tonight, though at least we tried in the 2nd half, without ever looking likely to get back into it. A poor pen from Dykes cooked our goose, but the game overall does not bode well. Roberts is a bluffer. Clarke-Salter seems to be made of balsa wood, and when Chair is snuffed out, in the absence of Willock we're a busted flush, Worrying! We can still probably/hopefully compete for the top 6 in a mediocre, dog-eat-dog division, but I'd say it'll be a rocky old season.

a mite unfair on Clarke-Salter, really awkward fall by a really good player. He also came back on initially and gave it a go, unlike Roberts.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:56 - Oct 28 with 2679 viewsManinBlack

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 21:51 - Oct 28 by charmr

Stop Chiar you stop Rangers.

Birmingham not pretty but effective. My mailman is a Birmingham fan and I’m so glad my Dad didn’t support them. They are a bleak club to be a fan of. Can’t begrudge them a little cheer and unfortunately deserved.

Watch them lose to a shyte team next week.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 21:53]

To be fair they have only lost two of the last ten matches and had good results against the teams at the top.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 23:10 - Oct 28 with 2566 viewsqueensparker

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:56 - Oct 28 by ManinBlack

To be fair they have only lost two of the last ten matches and had good results against the teams at the top.

Birmingham were good, no doubt. That midfield three monstered us for the whole first half, first time I’ve seen Field look so on the back foot, we were nowhere in the middle of the park, fair play to Hannibal who is some player. And Chong. They’ve loaded themselves up with good midfielders on loan and it’s working
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 23:12]
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 23:34 - Oct 28 with 2452 viewsdistortR

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 23:10 - Oct 28 by queensparker

Birmingham were good, no doubt. That midfield three monstered us for the whole first half, first time I’ve seen Field look so on the back foot, we were nowhere in the middle of the park, fair play to Hannibal who is some player. And Chong. They’ve loaded themselves up with good midfielders on loan and it’s working
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 23:12]

it's worth noting birmingham are believed to have spent in the region of £1.5m on Chong - Beale has had nothing like that to invest
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 23:40 - Oct 28 with 2416 viewsConorM1882

Not our night but another refreshingly honest post-match interview from Mick Beale. Thought he was absolutely spot on.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 01:28 - Oct 29 with 2248 viewsaston_hoop

Ha, throwing one back at Troy Deeney

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 02:27 - Oct 29 with 2178 viewsMatch82

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:13 - Oct 28 by davman

Thing is, matey, we WERE that bad in the first 35 minutes you didn't see. They high pressed us, Sideshow Bob worked out that he could do what the f**k he liked and Timmy the ref would do nothing but book a QPR player for stating the bleedin' obvious.

You know what you are going to get when Robinson refs - mistakes and then doubling down on those mistakes. And Chuckles was 4th Official - the DREAM TEAM (if Lord Farquahar can't make it).

As soul destroying as the Luton game. I can take losing, but we were so off it and it felt inevitable from teh first whistle - sad. Could be a long week...

I mean what I'm taking from the replies is that it was a good thing that I missed the first 35 minutes!
Login to get fewer ads

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 06:16 - Oct 29 with 2046 viewsMelakaRanger

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 22:02 - Oct 28 by dmm

That was a bad day at the office. We now see a glaring weakness in the team. We don't deal with physical opposition at all well. Luton did it before and Brum did it tonight. Beale will need to address this quickly because you can bet other sides will see this as a way to play us.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2022 22:03]

Thats how I see it too.

Teams that are in our face either through constant niggly fouls and shirtpulls or from constant harrying us when we have the ball, beat us easily.

Teams that want to play 'football' allow us to play 'football' and thats when we are almost unbeatable.

We have been rumbled. Get into our faces and we cant deal with it.

However, there is no reason to believe that Beale cant fix this over time.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 06:25 - Oct 29 with 2035 viewskernowhoop

We have been on a remarkable run. Nothing has changed regarding the quality of the team nor its ability.
The manager will have learnt a few things, not least how to prevail against a physical team that wants to disrupt the flowing football that has taken us so far.
Keep the faith.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 12:47 - Oct 29 with 1694 viewsthemodfather

ok, imo 2 poor goals to give away, poorly defended 1st, why was dieng off his line for so long? and the 2nd, why was no tackle or block made?
then DYKES? 2 golden chances and both missed , the pen had to go the "other" side and imo he signalled he was going the way he did. we rallied and performed better in the 2nd half but the turning point many will go to is the non red card for hannibal? how did he stay on and then they could sub him? never easy to break down 10 as they will park the bus but gives a chance to get forward.
not a disaster and like wigan, brum are in a false position.
Brum v Qpr match thread. on 14:04 - Oct 29 with 1573 viewsSonofpugwash

I wish Lyndon would mix up his penalties a bit.Same side as usual,nice height for the keeper.I reckon Clive could have got that one.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 14:09 - Oct 29 with 1570 viewsR_from_afar

As usual, when we do poorly, the focus is largely on the chances Dykes missed. Without having to think hard about it, I can remember Amos and Armstrong missing chances too. Dykes is not the only attacking player. That said, as a team, we created very few decent chances yesterday.

Their first goal was a fluke, those things happen (and 'keepers get criticised if they stay right on their lines), but the second was easier to prevent. If their first had not gone in, the outcome might have been a bit different.

I think that slip-ups like yesterday focus the mind and stop a team from getting complacent. Let's hope so!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 14:20 - Oct 29 with 1545 viewsSonofpugwash

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 14:09 - Oct 29 by R_from_afar

As usual, when we do poorly, the focus is largely on the chances Dykes missed. Without having to think hard about it, I can remember Amos and Armstrong missing chances too. Dykes is not the only attacking player. That said, as a team, we created very few decent chances yesterday.

Their first goal was a fluke, those things happen (and 'keepers get criticised if they stay right on their lines), but the second was easier to prevent. If their first had not gone in, the outcome might have been a bit different.

I think that slip-ups like yesterday focus the mind and stop a team from getting complacent. Let's hope so!

If that penalty had gone in the outcome would have been different I'm sure.But of course Our Lyndon is beyond reproach.

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 14:57 - Oct 29 with 1491 viewsR_from_afar

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 14:20 - Oct 29 by Sonofpugwash

If that penalty had gone in the outcome would have been different I'm sure.But of course Our Lyndon is beyond reproach.

Well, I'm not saying he's beyond reproach, I think he did rather telegraph where he was going to place his penalty. I do, however, feel that some people gloss over the chances missed by other players.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 15:27 - Oct 29 with 1453 viewsSonofpugwash

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 14:57 - Oct 29 by R_from_afar

Well, I'm not saying he's beyond reproach, I think he did rather telegraph where he was going to place his penalty. I do, however, feel that some people gloss over the chances missed by other players.

I would imagine this being directed at young Armstrong as the "culprit"?
I'm seeing some quite nasty comments on social media regarding Dykes and Armstrong,this factional,internecine development from our so called supporters does not benefit the club or players.

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 16:12 - Oct 29 with 1381 viewsR_from_afar

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 15:27 - Oct 29 by Sonofpugwash

I would imagine this being directed at young Armstrong as the "culprit"?
I'm seeing some quite nasty comments on social media regarding Dykes and Armstrong,this factional,internecine development from our so called supporters does not benefit the club or players.

No, I mean anyone else who missed a chance.

Brum v Qpr match thread. (n/t) on 17:11 - Nov 5 with 1081 viewsSteveB

Brum v Qpr match thread. on 16:12 - Oct 29 by R_from_afar

No, I mean anyone else who missed a chance.

[Post edited 5 Nov 2022 17:42]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024