Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 20:20 - Aug 6 with 81869 viewsNortholt_Rs

Credit where it’s due - I thought he had an excellent game today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 20:09 - Dec 29 with 3035 viewsNortholt_Rs

Missed two sitters tonight…..he’s just a sh I t Conor Washington…. Compare Dykes to Morris tonight.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Lyndon Dykes on 20:15 - Dec 29 with 2959 viewsMalintabuk

Lyndon Dykes on 20:09 - Dec 29 by Northolt_Rs

Missed two sitters tonight…..he’s just a sh I t Conor Washington…. Compare Dykes to Morris tonight.

Sorry but you can't compare really... one is a decent striker, can score goals, looks like a striker, causes problems for defenders and looks dangerous...... the other is Dykes
Lyndon Dykes on 20:50 - Dec 29 with 2784 viewsDamo1962

Said it before...he is stealing a living. A few others are as well.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:03 - Dec 29 with 2736 viewsflynnbo

Lyndon Dykes on 22:38 - Nov 12 by daveB

I thought Dykes was fine today, worked hard but had little to no support, service to him was non existent, he was the least of our problems

All the Dykes haters. So predictable.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:15 - Dec 29 with 2681 viewsBlackCrowe

I love his work ethic, gives it his all. But he has no striker's positional instinct, always in the wrong place at the right time.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Lyndon Dykes on 21:16 - Dec 29 with 2672 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Same question as always…

Who else then?
Lyndon Dykes on 21:17 - Dec 29 with 2665 viewsStanisgod

Lyndon Dykes on 21:03 - Dec 29 by flynnbo

All the Dykes haters. So predictable.

He makes it hard not be, lets face it.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Lyndon Dykes on 21:22 - Dec 29 with 2622 viewsconnell10

I thought him and field were the only 2 players who came out with any credit. Roberts jus send him back to Leeds ASAP he was shite

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 21:25 - Dec 29 with 2608 viewsdistortR

Lyndon Dykes on 21:16 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Same question as always…

Who else then?

getting to the point where even I am starting to wonder if Bonne is worth a try, and I think he's worse than Dykes, if you see what I mean.....
I'd like to see Armstrong near Dykes to try and pick up the flick on's. The things Dykes does do well are rendered irrelevant because his team mates are too busy doing nothing elsewhere.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:37 - Dec 29 with 2540 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 21:25 - Dec 29 by distortR

getting to the point where even I am starting to wonder if Bonne is worth a try, and I think he's worse than Dykes, if you see what I mean.....
I'd like to see Armstrong near Dykes to try and pick up the flick on's. The things Dykes does do well are rendered irrelevant because his team mates are too busy doing nothing elsewhere.

I want to see Dykes and Armstrong up front together, and possibly a third. They don’t scream goals but at least the defence will know they’ve been in a game.

Shodipo, who I know is held in lower regard than a paedophilic James Corden at the moment for some reason put in two early balls that were decent today and there just wasn’t enough bodies in there it felt like.

Play the numbers game and play 433 hoping Paal and Laird can do both jobs as full backs and wingers. This just isn’t working for Dykes or anyone.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:52 - Dec 29 with 2475 viewstraininvain

Same question as always…

Who else then?

It’s a fair question but Luton signed Morris (10 goals this season including 2 goals today) for less than we paid for Dykes. Night and day between the two of them tonight and not just goals scored. Dykes offers very little whereas Morris constantly looked sharp and likely to score.

I’ve defended Dykes over the last couple of years but his performances are too inconsistent and watching him tonight compared to Morris it’s difficult not to conclude that we could have a better centre forward despite our financial situation.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:58 - Dec 29 with 2433 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 21:52 - Dec 29 by traininvain

It’s a fair question but Luton signed Morris (10 goals this season including 2 goals today) for less than we paid for Dykes. Night and day between the two of them tonight and not just goals scored. Dykes offers very little whereas Morris constantly looked sharp and likely to score.

I’ve defended Dykes over the last couple of years but his performances are too inconsistent and watching him tonight compared to Morris it’s difficult not to conclude that we could have a better centre forward despite our financial situation.

He’s performances are fine, just not a goalscorer. Did everything else right.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 2431 viewsMalintabuk

Same question as always…

Who else then?

There must be players even at non league level that are banging in goals.....
We never seem to find another Les ..... but others do
Dykes just isn't a natural striker... for me if your scoring even at a lower level, then the chances are you have a strikers instinct
With better coaching and better players you take a chance that instinct could do it At a higher level
That ball he missed from a few yards out was shocking.....
Lyndon Dykes on 22:00 - Dec 29 with 2417 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 21:59 - Dec 29 by Malintabuk

There must be players even at non league level that are banging in goals.....
We never seem to find another Les ..... but others do
Dykes just isn't a natural striker... for me if your scoring even at a lower level, then the chances are you have a strikers instinct
With better coaching and better players you take a chance that instinct could do it At a higher level
That ball he missed from a few yards out was shocking.....

That way lies Connor Washington!
Lyndon Dykes on 22:02 - Dec 29 with 2394 viewsdachiltern

Who else? A group of players who want to play for the club, show some balls and just stop taking easy money.

Reminds me of Wanocks recent days, bring in Derry, leader, players that want to play, show heart, graft and can hit a one yard pass ....... accurately.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:04 - Dec 29 with 2379 viewsHooparoo

Lyndon Dykes on 21:15 - Dec 29 by BlackCrowe

I love his work ethic, gives it his all. But he has no striker's positional instinct, always in the wrong place at the right time.

Sorry mate, accidentally hit the down arrow but I actually agree with everything you said. He ain’t no striker sadly

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lyndon Dykes on 22:05 - Dec 29 with 2375 viewsbosh67

The problem is that Dykes is a kind of Zamora type player, who plays off an outright goal scorer. He's not an outright goalscorer. Also put it on his head in front of goal, not his feet.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 22:07 - Dec 29 with 2348 viewsHooparoo

Lyndon Dykes on 22:05 - Dec 29 by bosh67

The problem is that Dykes is a kind of Zamora type player, who plays off an outright goal scorer. He's not an outright goalscorer. Also put it on his head in front of goal, not his feet.

Agree Bosh. Good comparison.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Lyndon Dykes on 22:08 - Dec 29 with 2332 viewsParkRoyalR

Not being contrary, but did he?

8 goals before tonight and we gift him a tap-in with no defender within yards of him and a first when Laird stood off so long he invited the finish.

Not defending Dykes as to get your balance / body shape so wrong for the 2nd chance is alarming but we have a habit of seeing a player once and thinking they're the be all and end all,

I remember doing this with Jordan Cousins when he played at ours for Charlton, didn't look the same player when I watched hIm week-in work-out for us mind.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:09 - Dec 29 with 2323 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 21:15 - Dec 29 by BlackCrowe

This is pretty spot on and fair.

He needs to be the shaft and not the arrow head if he has any kind of future here.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:10 - Dec 29 with 2310 viewstraininvain

Lyndon Dykes on 21:58 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

I don’t want to be too disparaging but Dykes really wasn’t fine today. I’ve defended him up until today but we can’t escape that he’s a one goal in five game centre forward that offers very little else to the overall team.

This isn’t a Helguson type centre forward holding up the ball bringing in others and creating chances. Dykes chases shadows most of the game and he’s often caught on his heels when opportunities come up like Roberts’ cross in the second half.

It’s disappointing as I thought he might come good but we can’t continue to kid ourselves when all of the evidence is suggesting otherwise.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:15 - Dec 29 with 2274 viewstraininvain

Lyndon Dykes on 22:08 - Dec 29 by ParkRoyalR

Not being contrary, but did he?

8 goals before tonight and we gift him a tap-in with no defender within yards of him and a first when Laird stood off so long he invited the finish.

Not defending Dykes as to get your balance / body shape so wrong for the 2nd chance is alarming but we have a habit of seeing a player once and thinking they're the be all and end all,

I remember doing this with Jordan Cousins when he played at ours for Charlton, didn't look the same player when I watched hIm week-in work-out for us mind.

Morris scored two goals and made a big defensive header in the first half. You can package it up however you like but watching tonight’s game I know which of the two I would want leading our line!
Lyndon Dykes on 22:19 - Dec 29 with 2252 viewsMalintabuk

Lyndon Dykes on 22:00 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

That way lies Connor Washington!

There also lies Les Ferdinand..... if it was that easy then everyone would be doing it.... but we don't seem to be able to do it at all.
I know the game as changed but Luton seem to have found 2 decent strikers from lower levels
Lyndon Dykes on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 2149 viewsDamo1962

Lyndon Dykes on 21:58 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

He's a striker...he's supposed to score the odd goal. Is that really too much to ask? Of course the other options at the club are as bad or worse. That is why we need a new focal point upfront...and quickly. Preferably two - or am I being greedy?🤔
Lyndon Dykes on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 2151 viewsHunterhoop

Lyndon Dykes on 22:09 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is pretty spot on and fair.

He needs to be the shaft and not the arrow head if he has any kind of future here.

Agree. He/We need runners in behind.

If you think Dykes is the main issue tonight you’ve misunderstood the entire fcuking plot of this story.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024