Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's Euros 20:59 - Jul 6 with 37943 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone watching?

England 1-0 up against Austria at HT. Should be more, but I expect England to put Austria to the sword in the second half. Good standard of football being played.
Women's Euros on 22:32 - Jul 18 with 2282 viewsericgen34

Women's Euros on 22:05 - Jul 18 by slmrstid

VAR still proving to be absolute garbage though in my view. One of France's goals disallowed was right, the second ridiculously harsh, the penalty even more so. Stupid system.

Fantasy refereeing at its best :) According to the commentators here, second disallowed goal was for handball, the ball did slightly touch her arm but the arm was stuck to her body as she was completely held by the defender tackling her.

I can get the ref being mistaken in real time, but giving the goal, then disallowing it after viewing the images for 3 minutes is bonkers
Women's Euros on 08:17 - Jul 19 with 2143 viewsTheChef

Women's Euros on 22:32 - Jul 18 by ericgen34

Fantasy refereeing at its best :) According to the commentators here, second disallowed goal was for handball, the ball did slightly touch her arm but the arm was stuck to her body as she was completely held by the defender tackling her.

I can get the ref being mistaken in real time, but giving the goal, then disallowing it after viewing the images for 3 minutes is bonkers

Something about VAR and 'clear and obvious'??

Obviously not, and it seems like we are stuck with it.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Women's Euros on 12:02 - Jul 19 with 2076 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 19:47 - Jul 16 by DavieQPR

UEFA are losing Millions on this tournament and using money from the mens game to subsidise it. They are giving away more tickets than they are selling just to boost attendance figures. Pushing it too quickly, they need it to naturally evolve.

Source(s)?
Women's Euros on 12:04 - Jul 19 with 2066 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 22:32 - Jul 18 by ericgen34

Did the player who handled the ball score?

If so, ANY contact is penalised, even if totally accidental, arms by side etc.

Bonkers law, but that's what it is.
Women's Euros on 18:51 - Jul 19 with 1975 viewsDavieQPR

Women's Euros on 12:02 - Jul 19 by PinnerPaul

Source(s)?

Daily Mail. EUFA made a profit of £1.6B from the last Men's tournament and expect the Women's tournament to lose many millions despite record crowds. The tickets that are sold start at £5.
Women's Euros on 19:23 - Jul 19 with 1936 viewsericgen34

Women's Euros on 12:04 - Jul 19 by PinnerPaul

Did the player who handled the ball score?

If so, ANY contact is penalised, even if totally accidental, arms by side etc.

Bonkers law, but that's what it is.

Well yes, wow, bonkers indeed. Thanks for putting me right.

In that case why did var not give a penalty? She was held by both arms by the defender bringing her down, and as she fell, the ball brushed her on the side and she volleyed it into the net
Women's Euros on 14:36 - Jul 20 with 1824 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 18:51 - Jul 19 by DavieQPR

Daily Mail. EUFA made a profit of £1.6B from the last Men's tournament and expect the Women's tournament to lose many millions despite record crowds. The tickets that are sold start at £5.

Daily Mail - erm....OK right you are!
Women's Euros on 14:39 - Jul 20 with 1806 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 19:23 - Jul 19 by ericgen34

Well yes, wow, bonkers indeed. Thanks for putting me right.

In that case why did var not give a penalty? She was held by both arms by the defender bringing her down, and as she fell, the ball brushed her on the side and she volleyed it into the net

Good question, as the foul happened before the handball, yes penalty would have been the correct outcome.

HOWEVER, as Clive has mentioned before if you read through the 137 VAR protocols, I'm sure you could make the case for the handball?!

Haven't read the VARs law tbh, hate the system and as Mark Warburton used to say, "Way above my pay grade" so not going to come across it in my matches, thank goodness!
Login to get fewer ads

Women's Euros on 14:40 - Jul 20 with 1798 viewsPinnerPaul

England to win, both teams to score is my bet for tonight.

I'll be at Wealdstone though so will have to wait to see if I've won my millions!
Women's Euros on 15:01 - Jul 20 with 1762 viewsjoe90

I've liked the look the of Spanish team. They've scored 4 of their 5 goals from headers - their second against Finland was a cracker!

Judging from the Germany game they don't look like they've got a plan b and will continue to patiently pass about even when they're behind.

I think England should dominate and end up comfortable winners.
Women's Euros on 15:16 - Jul 20 with 1710 viewsPinnerPaul

Women's Euros on 15:01 - Jul 20 by joe90

I've liked the look the of Spanish team. They've scored 4 of their 5 goals from headers - their second against Finland was a cracker!

Judging from the Germany game they don't look like they've got a plan b and will continue to patiently pass about even when they're behind.

I think England should dominate and end up comfortable winners.

Yes I agree - I saw that Spain game live Joe and whilst England have yet to concede a goal, they have looked a little open at times.

Spain's defence not good enough to cope with England - hence my bet!
Women's Euros on 16:11 - Jul 20 with 1657 viewsPinnerPaul

In fact I might well go with that bet - favourite to win and btts - for each quarter final.
Women's Euros on 20:43 - Jul 20 with 1540 viewsToast_R

Definitely the best quality of football so far Eng v Spain. Tow teams evenly matched
Women's Euros on 20:54 - Jul 20 with 1507 viewsvanrrrr

Enjoyable half. Spain #6 a superb player….
Women's Euros on 21:27 - Jul 20 with 1452 viewsStanisgod

I must be watching a different game, the Spanish are so technically better in every way.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Women's Euros on 21:29 - Jul 20 with 1448 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 21:27 - Jul 20 by Stanisgod

I must be watching a different game, the Spanish are so technically better in every way.

We are playing like we did in the Austria game,but Spain are better than Austria were.
Women's Euros on 21:41 - Jul 20 with 1404 viewshantssi

Yep, should be at least 2 up!
Having said that England have scored as I’m typing!!
Women's Euros on 21:42 - Jul 20 with 1396 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What’s their right back like?

Asking for a friend.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Women's Euros on 21:42 - Jul 20 with 1393 viewsStanisgod

Women's Euros on 21:41 - Jul 20 by hantssi

Yep, should be at least 2 up!
Having said that England have scored as I’m typing!!

Good goal.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Women's Euros on 21:43 - Jul 20 with 1392 viewsLogman

We're playing to our strengths but yes, Spain are technically better. Cracking game. Does it go to extra-time and pens ?
Women's Euros on 21:45 - Jul 20 with 1375 viewsstowmarketrange

Women's Euros on 21:43 - Jul 20 by Logman

We're playing to our strengths but yes, Spain are technically better. Cracking game. Does it go to extra-time and pens ?

Yes
Women's Euros on 22:01 - Jul 20 with 1319 viewsToast_R

The coach kept faith with her tournament starting eleven and it was a mistake. Only when Russo came on did the pendulum swing back to England.
Women's Euros on 22:04 - Jul 20 with 1307 viewsToast_R

Cracker from Stanway. England lead
Women's Euros on 22:05 - Jul 20 with 1303 viewsacricketer

Wow!
Women's Euros on 22:06 - Jul 20 with 1292 viewsDorse

Bit special that. Yikes.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024