Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton, Stick or twist? 19:06 - Apr 2 with 74148 viewsRangersDave

Ok, so we arent doing as well as most of us thought we would.

However, we all know we should have had a new striker in during the last window, but didnt and this appears it might have been a mistake.

If form continues the way it is, Stoke etc will beat us, and we will be almost where we were last season......ergo no real improvement, and a squad thats fat, old, lazy, or comtractually obliged to play every game.

However, next season will need more players, as some will be leaving us, so who do you want to pick those players and next seasons formations?

So, do we keep Warburton (Stick) or do we get rid (twist)

I will start this........ Twist

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:53 - Apr 5 with 2626 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:51 - Apr 5 by Lblock

Twist and twisted a bit harder now

Wonder if there's any sad f@cks looking to dig up old rantings from the past over the next few weeks?????

Such a shame - best chance in nearly a decade dissolving before our eyes.
no idea whats gone on but how anyone can deny that this is an unhappy camp is beyond me. Fair play he had us going well till December and then a few lucky away wins set us up lovely.
A real shame and another summer of upheave awits

Who would you replace him with?
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:59 - Apr 5 with 2544 viewsconnell10

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:53 - Apr 5 by Rangersw12

Warnock

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:00 - Apr 5 with 2543 viewsted_hendrix

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:50 - Apr 5 by Rs_Holy

I’m still sticking… no point getting rid now

Well I'm with you but something is or has gone 'awry' behind the scenes, It bloody must have?
I don't think I've got the stomach for another Managerial change but having said that our current form is dreadful just dreadful, the players and even the Manager himself don't look right.

Gawd knows a couple of Months ago when we were 3rd/4th in the table I said/posted It was ours to throw away, well f uck me thats exactly what we've done without so much as a whimper.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:00 - Apr 5 with 2542 viewsconnell10

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:59 - Apr 5 by connell10

Warnock

Thats a joke BTW 😐

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:01 - Apr 5 with 2522 viewsNorthantsHoop

I do wonder whether the decision has already been taken a few weeks back by both parties the Board and Warbs that his rolling contract will finish at end of the season. The team has just been off for weeks now and would not be suprised players have been told they are leaving as well. The Eustace part time role with Ireland interesting prelude possibly and maybe Willock and Dieng's injuries being protected for end of season sales.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:01 - Apr 5 with 2510 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:00 - Apr 5 by connell10

Thats a joke BTW 😐

More realistic suggestion than Farke!
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:03 - Apr 5 with 2493 viewsconnell10

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:01 - Apr 5 by Rangersw12

More realistic suggestion than Farke!

True lol

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:04 - Apr 5 with 2479 viewsessextaxiboy

Still stick .. he deserves the opportunity to put all this and the injuries behind him and have a rethink and another go ..
Login to get fewer ads

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:10 - Apr 5 with 2401 views08olesen

Deserves to stay until the end of the season. This club is in a better place than when he found it by a considerable distance.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:11 - Apr 5 with 2387 viewsManinBlack

To be honest none of us have a say in whether Warbs stays or not. If he was given three games to improve results then he is a goner as Sheffield United, Preston and Huddersfield all away are tough to get a result and we lost the first one tonight.

Sadly there is a real danger we will finish lower than last season and all the good work up to the end of January will count for little. Warbs has not been able to stop the slump that has lasted two months and we may be back to trying to dodge relegation next season.

As for changing the manager meaning more upheaval, my view is that even if Warbs stays, major surgery is needed so changes must be made whoever the manager is. We have a few players not good enough and a few who are past it and who have served us well but their legs have gone. We clearly need new forwards and we don't know if the likes of Dieng and Willock will get sold.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:25 - Apr 5 with 2316 viewsDamo1962

No point in people saying " who would you want in his place". These decisions have nothing to with us - that is the responsibility of those who own and run the club. They may decide to give him a bit longer, and that is fine with me. If not, bye Mark, and thanks for letting us dream for a while.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:31 - Apr 5 with 2296 viewsOldPedro

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:25 - Apr 5 by Damo1962

No point in people saying " who would you want in his place". These decisions have nothing to with us - that is the responsibility of those who own and run the club. They may decide to give him a bit longer, and that is fine with me. If not, bye Mark, and thanks for letting us dream for a while.

The question "who you want in his place" is relevant if you are saying you want to get rid of him.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:41 - Apr 5 with 2251 viewsDamo1962

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:31 - Apr 5 by OldPedro

The question "who you want in his place" is relevant if you are saying you want to get rid of him.

I don't care whether he stays or goes - it is nothing to do with me. I am simply speculating on what might happen. I don't follow other football that closely, so my knowledge of who should replace him is not relevant. Don't know how much clearer I can be.🤨
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:56 - Apr 5 with 2183 viewsOldPedro

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:41 - Apr 5 by Damo1962

I don't care whether he stays or goes - it is nothing to do with me. I am simply speculating on what might happen. I don't follow other football that closely, so my knowledge of who should replace him is not relevant. Don't know how much clearer I can be.🤨

My comment was more aimed at those who are saying he should go and then not offering any thoughts on who would replace him

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:58 - Apr 5 with 2163 viewsactonman

It doesn’t matter tbh !
Depends on the strategy and direction we want to go .
Eustace .., not sure , no I am sure , we would be no better off
Ainsworth . Sentimental gamble , shows no foresight or plan
Bored and drunk , CBA if I’m honest , really want warby to crack the code but never get in to happen unfortunately
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:58 - Apr 5 with 2162 viewsLblock

I’d sooner he stays.

But he’d have to recognise how vital pace is in the modern game and work on his in game management

Who would I replace him with? Well clearly Pep, Biesla or Simeone but it’s not my money is it?
The DoF and the Board are the ones whose profession it is to make these choices and plan for the future. It’s who THEY wish to get in and how THEY see the future of this club.
If the future is simply being a microwave for emerging talent with no aspirations other than balancing the books then let us know and the Manager can’t get pelters for results.
If we’re looking to slowly build a dynamic squad who develop with us with ambition to be up there punching at the play offs then let’s get that spirit going and be confident and cocksure in ourselves.

Maybe I shouldn’t comment on this season as I’ve been remote for around half of it but I’m still twist.
I actually think Warburton is twist as well and knows he’s off - mutual agreement in summer

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:59 - Apr 5 with 2157 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 21:59 - Apr 5 by connell10

Warnock

Warnock is too successful for us; our credo is failure - the place reeks of it. Can you imagine him blowing our position at the end of January like this????? Warburton clearly on his way out but Teflon Les is still there after seven years.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:06 - Apr 5 with 2133 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:59 - Apr 5 by Wegerles_Stairs

Warnock is too successful for us; our credo is failure - the place reeks of it. Can you imagine him blowing our position at the end of January like this????? Warburton clearly on his way out but Teflon Les is still there after seven years.

Warnock too successful 😂

Look at how Boro have done this season since he left
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:07 - Apr 5 with 2121 viewsRangersw12

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:58 - Apr 5 by Lblock

I’d sooner he stays.

But he’d have to recognise how vital pace is in the modern game and work on his in game management

Who would I replace him with? Well clearly Pep, Biesla or Simeone but it’s not my money is it?
The DoF and the Board are the ones whose profession it is to make these choices and plan for the future. It’s who THEY wish to get in and how THEY see the future of this club.
If the future is simply being a microwave for emerging talent with no aspirations other than balancing the books then let us know and the Manager can’t get pelters for results.
If we’re looking to slowly build a dynamic squad who develop with us with ambition to be up there punching at the play offs then let’s get that spirit going and be confident and cocksure in ourselves.

Maybe I shouldn’t comment on this season as I’ve been remote for around half of it but I’m still twist.
I actually think Warburton is twist as well and knows he’s off - mutual agreement in summer

"I actually think Warburton is twist as well and knows he’s off - mutual agreement in summer"

Could be right with this.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 00:44 - Apr 6 with 1962 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 23:06 - Apr 5 by Rangersw12

Warnock too successful 😂

Look at how Boro have done this season since he left

How quickly we forget. Guaranteed he wouldn't have f*cked up the last couple of months.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 01:26 - Apr 6 with 1918 views1JD

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 15:42 - Apr 5 by PinnerPaul

I think the real question is how much of your guesswork is actually true!

It’s not that difficult to work out wages when you a. Look at the accounts and factor in the wage increase and b. Factor in the incoming signings.

You analyze the accounts, and the total number of new players, and sub-divide it, and you get a pretty good idea of what incoming signings are on.

Call it guesswork all you like, but the facts are the wage bill increased by 4m last year.

If you do the maths, of 52 weeks in a year, and work backwards from the wage increase, you get a very realistic estimate. For example, 20k x 52 weeks is approx 1m. Again, do the maths.

That’s the equivalent of an increase of 4 x players on 20k a week, last year alone. It’s therefore not hard to roughly work out Austin and Johansen's salary.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2022 1:58]
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 06:56 - Apr 6 with 1773 viewsDamo1962

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 22:56 - Apr 5 by OldPedro

My comment was more aimed at those who are saying he should go and then not offering any thoughts on who would replace him

Apologies then
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 07:34 - Apr 6 with 1692 viewsPhildo

I would still stick although I appreciate that opinion may be less popular this morning.

For me that side, that system- need some pace coming from the wingbacks to deliver anything to strikers and our wingbacks have a combined age of about 190. We certainly were over performing in the earlier part of the season and even then none of us felt that we had clicked this season. Gray was brought into supposedly turn defences around and stop teams compressing us and that simply did not work.

The other two strikers need crosses which we have been unable to supply some time so we have got square pegs in round holes as things stand. There remains the makings of a good team there though there is obviously going to be changes this summer.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 07:51 - Apr 6 with 1642 viewsRangers67

I think there is something wrong in the dressing room. The now deleted posts from CHarlie,s wife tell of something not quite right when she says at least he cares. For me WArburton has done a decent job with very limited resources and I would stick with him at least until the end of the season. There is a fundamental problem with what looks like players losing confidence , injuries and something lacking in some of the players. For me Dykes doesn’t,t look interested and has his mind on World Cup qualifiers, Johannsen has fallen of a cliff and has lost his drive and spark. All this along with a misfiring starved of service forward line has resulted in us being where we are. Just as alarming though is WArburbtons inability to arrest the decline. What I mean by that is if the players were bought into his vision or were listening to him then we should have performed a bit better than we have for the last couple of months and picked up maybe 3 or 4 more points by getting draws instead of defeats. Maybe some players are going to leave either through having their heads turned by their agents or their contracts aren,t being renewed but something is fundamentally wrong.
Warburton, Stick or twist? on 08:04 - Apr 6 with 1592 viewsRBlock

Warburton, Stick or twist? on 00:44 - Apr 6 by Wegerles_Stairs

How quickly we forget. Guaranteed he wouldn't have f*cked up the last couple of months.

Warnock wouldn't have got us into a position to fvck it up. Loved him when he was here, but I don't get this obsession with constantly wanting to go back to our last successful manager and using him as a stick to beat the current one. In 30 years time when Dom Ball is our manager and our Champions League qualification campaign starts to falter, guaranteed there will be someone out there suggesting we exhume poor Neil's corpse and plonk him in the hot seat because "he knows how to win".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024