Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hatters Match Thread 23:18 - Mar 12 with 42825 viewscolinallcars

Says in John le Mesurier voice “would you chaps mind awfully if I start a matchthread for the first time ? “
2-0 to us.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 23:26]
Hatters Match Thread on 13:04 - Mar 13 with 1756 viewsstowmarketrange

Hatters Match Thread on 12:59 - Mar 13 by Benny_the_Ball

I thought yellow was fair as Chair thought about it but pulled his hand away before making contact with the face. However, it could so easily have been red and game over.

The Luton muppet went down quicker than a whores drawers.Embarrassing,but Chair should’ve been sent off,but he could always claim it was accidental like their use of the hand before the goal.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:04 - Mar 13 with 1746 viewsMick_S

Hatters Match Thread on 13:01 - Mar 13 by Hunterhoop

Terrible.

Bad selection, bad performance. We are lucky not to be two goals down and a man down.

We need Willock and Adomah and on.

Luton are snidey feckers, and it’s working.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Hatters Match Thread on 13:05 - Mar 13 with 1740 viewsdistortR

Hatters Match Thread on 13:00 - Mar 13 by Hunterhoop

Spot on summary, Nix. “Disappointing” is generous though. F*cking dreadful and lazy is more accurate.

hiding at times.
In the corner of the screen, I've seen Gray make a couple of good runs, don't really know why he's bothering.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:05 - Mar 13 with 1726 viewsnix

I can see a bit why he went with this. Willock absolutely kicked about every match. Teams are targeting him and Chair. That last second 'tackle' demonstrates that. Can see why he'd wait until the second half when their defence is tiring a bit. Willock isn't why we're losing: Hendrick giving the ball away regularly; their clear handball and shocking attempt to save from Marshall.

We need to get in the refs face every time there's one of those off the ball fouls. Every time there's a poor decision. How often do we get kicked round the park and then one of our players gets booked.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:05 - Mar 13 with 1718 viewshoopstar67

Let's hope Warburton is proactive and changes it at half time and not wait 15 minutes into second half. Willock needs to come on at half time is the very least that needs to be done..should have started the game really. Thought there might have been a reaction to last week's performance but none really so far.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:07 - Mar 13 with 1663 viewsjoe90

Poor first half with no positives to take into the break.

A lot of pressure on Willock to change our fortunes second half, which he can’t do alone.

We’re very light up top as usual. Our play is very predictable and relies on individual brilliance instead simple movements and easy passing. We make life very hard for ourselves!

Luton deserve to be in front, but there’s still another 45 minutes, a lot can change…
Hatters Match Thread on 13:07 - Mar 13 with 1628 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hatters Match Thread on 12:49 - Mar 13 by QPR_Jim

I think we're missing Albert, Moses isn't in the same league.

Agree. Moses appears to have been given license to roam. Quite why, is another matter, as his passing and decision making has been poor.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:08 - Mar 13 with 1623 viewsNorthantsHoop

Slow, lack any penetration, it looks like the Blackburn game again, unless we change it will be 2 down and all too late.
Login to get fewer ads

Hatters Match Thread on 13:08 - Mar 13 with 1621 viewsnix

Hatters Match Thread on 13:04 - Mar 13 by Benny_the_Ball

We don't need him to do that job as we already have Field fulfilling that role. Adding another link player just reduces our threat going forward. Pick Field or Hendricks, not both.

The point is that that's what he's been picked for. If he was doing a better job he'd be able to release Johansen or Chair. He's not doing that.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:08 - Mar 13 with 1609 viewsHooping_Mad

Warbs needs to show us what he's made of, make the changes !

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Hatters Match Thread on 13:09 - Mar 13 with 1579 viewshoopstar67

So no changes at half time🙄
Hatters Match Thread on 13:11 - Mar 13 with 1523 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Hatters Match Thread on 13:09 - Mar 13 by hoopstar67

So no changes at half time🙄

Wow.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:11 - Mar 13 with 1530 viewsed_83

Chair is a very lucky boy indeed. Not surprised he’s frustrated, he’s been doubled up on by Luton in Willock’s absence and hasn’t been able to get anything going, but that was incredibly stupid and he should have been sent off. Another example, along with Sanderson against Blackpool and the whole team bickering with each other against Cardiff, that our discipline isn’t right.

Something has to change during the break, or early second half. Obvious move would be Hendrick off, drop Johansen back alongside Field, bring Willock on alongside Chair, but I don’t know if Willock’s fully fit. If not, maybe Amos could at least provide a bit more energy further up the pitch? Given how leggy and disjointed we look - do we have a single attacking player who isn’t unfit or out of form? - it baffles me that we haven’t tried starting him or Thomas since the Blackpool win. Really difficult to see where the goals are suddenly going to start coming from.

Defence is all over the shop too. Marshall’s gone from rock-solid when he first came in to calamitous since Seny got injured, we can’t handle Luton’s movement or their physicality, could easily be 3-0 down by now.

Trying to think of positives here - best I can come up with is that our squad is mostly still quite young and our big sellable assets are on long contracts, so assuming we fall short this season (as now seems likely) we have a platform to go again next year, and will hopefully learn from the frustrations of the last month or two.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:11 - Mar 13 with 1518 viewsHooping_Mad

Good save from Marshall there,

Warbs has bottled it. What did he see first half and think yes more of that?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Hatters Match Thread on 13:11 - Mar 13 with 1499 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Hatters Match Thread on 13:08 - Mar 13 by nix

The point is that that's what he's been picked for. If he was doing a better job he'd be able to release Johansen or Chair. He's not doing that.

I'm not disagreeing with you, Nix, I'm adding another layer to your point. He is being picked to do a job that isn't working (your point) and, moreover, isn't required (my point).
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 13:18]
Hatters Match Thread on 13:13 - Mar 13 with 1424 viewsToast_R

Hatters Match Thread on 13:11 - Mar 13 by Hooping_Mad

Good save from Marshall there,

Warbs has bottled it. What did he see first half and think yes more of that?

They've come out second half and lowered their standards even further.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:15 - Mar 13 with 1317 viewsflynnbo

Why doesn't Moses take his player on?
Hatters Match Thread on 13:17 - Mar 13 with 1244 viewsToast_R

Pen
Hatters Match Thread on 13:17 - Mar 13 with 1242 viewsflynnbo

Penalty!!
Hatters Match Thread on 13:17 - Mar 13 with 1241 viewsCamberleyR

Pen to us!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Hatters Match Thread on 13:17 - Mar 13 with 1223 viewsHunterhoop

We can’t even pass it backwards successfully. It’s so predictable teams are gambling on it.
Hatters Match Thread on 13:17 - Mar 13 with 1214 viewsaston_hoop

Oh hello....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Hatters Match Thread on 13:17 - Mar 13 with 1213 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I have been impressed with Jimmy Dunne and Lee Wallace.

Gray did wonderfully well and we have a penalty.

1-1
Hatters Match Thread on 13:18 - Mar 13 with 1213 viewsR_from_afar

1-1

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Hatters Match Thread on 13:18 - Mar 13 with 1208 viewsflynnbo

Get in!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024