Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham major incident 07:06 - Sep 6 with 3150 viewsbritferry

multiple stabbings by all accounts

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Birmingham major incident on 10:01 - Sep 7 with 892 viewsNotLoyal

Birmingham major incident on 10:00 - Sep 7 by Professor

Trying to avoid it K

But that was very inaccurate. It’s clear policing like public health, like primary healthcare, like social care have all suffered from the Cameron/Osborne/May austerity. In fairness to Johnson, he was looking to more investment, but that’s had it now. All too scared to raise taxation to cover the issues we have to deal with.

Hope you are well

You add a positive to this site.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birmingham major incident on 10:07 - Sep 7 with 886 viewsCatullus

Birmingham major incident on 21:50 - Sep 6 by Fireboy2

Britferries comment. 'Surprise Surprise'

Ah yes, but it is just his opinion. With the decline in menatl health, specially amongst the young we could see more incidents like this, maybe not as bad or maybe worse but Midlands police have reported rising violent crime.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Birmingham major incident on 10:09 - Sep 7 with 881 viewsAnotherJohn

The police reaction to this seemed bizarre with Mr Jamieson, the West Midlands Police Commissioner, seeming to suggest events like this are related to the lockdown, and several hours passing when no description of the assailant was provided, even though witnesses had had a good view. Posts on social media suggest that the BBC cut a passage from a witness interview identifying the man's ethnicity and age. Are we moving towards the Swedish model of crime reporting?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 10:11]
Birmingham major incident on 10:13 - Sep 7 with 877 viewsCatullus

Birmingham major incident on 10:09 - Sep 7 by AnotherJohn

The police reaction to this seemed bizarre with Mr Jamieson, the West Midlands Police Commissioner, seeming to suggest events like this are related to the lockdown, and several hours passing when no description of the assailant was provided, even though witnesses had had a good view. Posts on social media suggest that the BBC cut a passage from a witness interview identifying the man's ethnicity and age. Are we moving towards the Swedish model of crime reporting?
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 10:11]

I guess the police wanted to be certain before putting a picture out. If they told the world it was a black man and got it wrong, what do you think would happen?

What is the Swedish model?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Birmingham major incident on 10:23 - Sep 7 with 867 viewsAnotherJohn

Birmingham major incident on 10:13 - Sep 7 by Catullus

I guess the police wanted to be certain before putting a picture out. If they told the world it was a black man and got it wrong, what do you think would happen?

What is the Swedish model?

Ethnicity is not generally reported in media or police reports of crime in Sweden . I'm surprised you did not know as this is a much debated issue, and was for instance criticized by one of Denmark's oldest newspapers.

Even the Indy ran a story on the subject.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-g
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 10:24]
Birmingham major incident on 10:46 - Sep 7 with 857 viewsCatullus

Birmingham major incident on 10:23 - Sep 7 by AnotherJohn

Ethnicity is not generally reported in media or police reports of crime in Sweden . I'm surprised you did not know as this is a much debated issue, and was for instance criticized by one of Denmark's oldest newspapers.

Even the Indy ran a story on the subject.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/swedish-police-are-not-allowed-g
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 10:24]

I didn't know, or maybe I forgot. The old grey matter is a bit rusty these days.

I can see the problem though, surely you have to report ethnicity we need to know if we're looking for a White person, a Black person or any other colour or creed. You can't put a picture up without identifying colour.

Birmingham major incident on 11:25 - Sep 7 with 843 viewscontroversial_jack

Birmingham major incident on 22:22 - Sep 6 by FieryJack

And if he was a white Englishman would you have come on here and admitted, and apologised for your erroneous assumption.

I doubt it.

Prick.

There was a case recently where 2 white lads murdered an older guy with swords.I don't remember that being commented on too much
Birmingham major incident on 11:25 - Sep 7 with 842 viewsAnotherJohn

Birmingham major incident on 10:46 - Sep 7 by Catullus

I didn't know, or maybe I forgot. The old grey matter is a bit rusty these days.

I can see the problem though, surely you have to report ethnicity we need to know if we're looking for a White person, a Black person or any other colour or creed. You can't put a picture up without identifying colour.

Not to worry - it isn't really even a "senior moment". I see the MP is also asking about the delay in getting information to the public.
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham major incident on 12:17 - Sep 7 with 831 viewsNortbankboy

Birmingham major incident on 08:37 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Actually in London there has been no reduction in police numbers yet stabbings have increased as have knife crimes. 25% of stop and searches result in the person being charged or cautioned.
Unfortunately the liberal left think police should not be looking for knife carrying criminals. No wonder more people are carrying knives.

It was the Tories who stopped the ,stop and search
Birmingham major incident on 12:32 - Sep 7 with 820 viewscontroversial_jack

Stop and search was ineffective, it was far less than 25% and caused more problems than it solved.
Birmingham major incident on 13:27 - Sep 7 with 806 viewsCatullus

Birmingham major incident on 11:25 - Sep 7 by AnotherJohn

Not to worry - it isn't really even a "senior moment". I see the MP is also asking about the delay in getting information to the public.

I don't get senior moments yet, just a bit of Fibrofog here and there!

At least the police acted quickly and arrested him sharply. I reckon that sometimes the police need to keep some things quiet so the suspect doesn't know he's been identified and go to ground.

Birmingham major incident on 14:09 - Sep 7 with 788 viewsAndy1300

Birmingham major incident on 21:30 - Sep 6 by Fireboy2

Out of order.

Why? Somalian asylum seeker.

Shouldn’t be in the country

Number 1 team in Wales

Birmingham major incident on 15:07 - Sep 7 with 761 viewsFieryJack

Birmingham major incident on 11:25 - Sep 7 by controversial_jack

There was a case recently where 2 white lads murdered an older guy with swords.I don't remember that being commented on too much

You might be thinking of this, which happened about 10 miles away from where I live.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-53998825
Birmingham major incident on 17:27 - Sep 7 with 722 viewsFireboy2

Birmingham major incident on 14:09 - Sep 7 by Andy1300

Did britferry know that info when he posted 'surprise surprise' ?

I doubt it.

He posted it for one reason only and that's why I posted out of order.

As I have posted I'm glad they have got the scumbag, no matter what colour he is or country he is from as he will not cause anymore trouble or heartache to loved ones.

I hope they throw away the key or send the cvnt back to Somalia for proper justice.
Birmingham major incident on 17:33 - Sep 7 with 720 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Birmingham major incident on 12:32 - Sep 7 by controversial_jack

Stop and search was ineffective, it was far less than 25% and caused more problems than it solved.

Yes, taking criminals off the streets or making the streets safer always causes more problems.
Birmingham major incident on 18:03 - Sep 7 with 709 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Birmingham major incident on 09:16 - Sep 7 by Professor

There was an overall decrease of 2,200 frontline offices in the Met from 2010 to 2019. And fewer support staff.

Knife crime, like other violent crime Has risen with lower police numbers throughout England and Wales . The rise is uniform across the country. Homicide rates in London are rising but are still below the levels of the early 2000s, but fell to lowest levels in late 2000s since the 80s (when the police was at its largest in terms of serving officers).

You cut numbers,
Crime rises.

You conveniently only use figures upto 2019.
Latest figures June 2020 show in increase of 1600 police officers and 400 support staff.

Clearly numbers are increasing and are now not far off what the were in 2010 .

Glad to see the police are being effective with stop and search tactics in London.

The number of police officers in the UK has increased since 2019 and more are being recruited and trained.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Birmingham major incident on 18:09 - Sep 7 with 702 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Birmingham major incident on 12:32 - Sep 7 by controversial_jack

If you catch 25% that is a great success.
The only problems it causes is the criminals complain.
More stop and search then maybe less people who carry knives and drugs and the less people murdered.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Birmingham major incident on 18:47 - Sep 7 with 683 viewsAndy1300

Birmingham major incident on 17:27 - Sep 7 by Fireboy2

Did britferry know that info when he posted 'surprise surprise' ?

I doubt it.

He posted it for one reason only and that's why I posted out of order.

As I have posted I'm glad they have got the scumbag, no matter what colour he is or country he is from as he will not cause anymore trouble or heartache to loved ones.

I hope they throw away the key or send the cvnt back to Somalia for proper justice.

This is why we shouldn’t be allowing these people in boats into the U.K.,mid they do get in, hold them in secure centres until they get a hearing. Most failed asylum in Europe so are chancing their luck here

Number 1 team in Wales

Birmingham major incident on 00:58 - Sep 9 with 619 viewsDr_Parnassus

Birmingham major incident on 11:25 - Sep 7 by controversial_jack

Why didn’t you comment on it then?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Birmingham major incident on 10:40 - Sep 9 with 565 viewscontroversial_jack

Birmingham major incident on 17:33 - Sep 7 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, taking criminals off the streets or making the streets safer always causes more problems.

It didn't though. You missed the part where i stated ineffective.
Birmingham major incident on 10:42 - Sep 9 with 563 viewscontroversial_jack

Birmingham major incident on 00:58 - Sep 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Why didn’t you comment on it then?

Ethnicity isn't really a concern of mine, that's why i didn't
Birmingham major incident on 11:21 - Sep 9 with 552 viewsProfessor

Birmingham major incident on 18:03 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Latest figures June 2020 show in increase of 1600 police officers and 400 support staff.

Glad to see the police are being effective with stop and search tactics in London.

The number of police officers in the UK has increased since 2019 and more are being recruited and trained.

Problem is horse has bolted now. Going to take years to get remotely back to the levels of community policing in the past. And loss of experience takes years to recover.
Birmingham major incident on 11:41 - Sep 9 with 533 viewsNortbankboy

Birmingham major incident on 18:03 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Can't blame anybody but the toriex,they have been in power for
12 yrs ,in that time homeless have increased %200
30 k less police on the beat,now Boris is recruiting more police
But I think he's forgot he sold all the police stations off in london!
The country is a shambles and it's happened on the Tories watch
Birmingham major incident on 14:16 - Sep 9 with 511 viewsWxmJax

Birmingham major incident on 14:09 - Sep 7 by Andy1300

So not Somali after all. Apparently someone who had been released from jail and has serious mental health issues. Devastating for the families and all involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-54085775

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Birmingham major incident on 14:47 - Sep 9 with 506 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Birmingham major incident on 14:16 - Sep 9 by WxmJax

So not Somali after all. Apparently someone who had been released from jail and has serious mental health issues. Devastating for the families and all involved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-54085775

Where in that link does it say anything you said in your first 2 statements?
I can't find it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024